PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Liverpool v Newcastle

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-12-2011, 08:44 PM
3 1 To The Scousers!
Not surprised they won as nobody backed them on the punting thread!

leither17
30-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I backed ba e/w I still think it was his goal even if I am biased

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Stevie G weighed in with a goal, if only the big Geordie lump could do the same!

leither17
30-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Stevie G weighed in with a goal, if only the big Geordie lump could do the same!

If gerrard keeps playing like that then carroll will score a few if you have a 6'4 striker who is immense in the air why don't they stand it up for him

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2011, 09:04 PM
That was a real shocker of a tackle from that Newcastle boy. Ouch.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2011, 09:08 PM
If gerrard keeps playing like that then carroll will score a few if you have a 6'4 striker who is immense in the air why don't they stand it up for him

Have you seen the amount of headers he's had lately? Another one against the bar tonight, plenty of chances coming his way both in the air and on the deck unfortunately it's just not happening for him.

H18sry
30-12-2011, 09:08 PM
That was a real shocker of a tackle from that Newcastle boy. Ouch.

And elbow from Collochini [spell] :wink:

H18sry
30-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Have you seen the amount of headers he's had lately? Another one against the bar tonight, plenty of chances coming his way both in the air and on the deck unfortunately it's just not happening for him.

As you said it's not from lack of effort, he needs one to go in off his erky :agree: YNWA

leither17
30-12-2011, 09:15 PM
As you said it's not from lack of effort, he needs one to go in off his erky :agree: YNWA

I reckon when he gets one he will go on a well needed run if suarez is out for 8 he will get a good run of games

R'Albin
30-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Gerrard was the game changer tonight, Carroll got so much more service when he came on. Got a few great crosses into the box.

IberianHibernian
30-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Don`t watch much English football but was surprised how bad this game was . Two of England`s bigger teams at least in terms of support but terrible play from both teams and no players who really stood out . I presume most games are not this bad or EPL wouldn`t attract so much interest - SPL is obviously not great but didn`t see anything tonight which would make me want to travel hundreds of miles to watch .

R'Albin
30-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Don`t watch much English football but was surprised how bad this game was . Two of England`s bigger teams at least in terms of support but terrible play from both teams and no players who really stood out . I presume most games are not this bad or EPL wouldn`t attract so much interest - SPL is obviously not great but didn`t see anything tonight which would make me want to travel hundreds of miles to watch .

Agree the game was pish but Gerrard was a standout IMO.