PDA

View Full Version : Rod Petrie silence

King Paddy
30-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Twice i have written to Rod Petrie and both times he has failed to reply to my emails.
Has anybody else had the same problem with Mr. Petrie?, and if so it is a disgrace that our chairman ignores his supporters in this fashion. I have been criticle as is my right, but certainly not deflamatory. No wonder the club is in the state it's in when fans are just ignored.

greenlex
30-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Usually get a reply of sorts. You usually find the club ignore nonsense though. Can you copy the e-mail here?

Mikey
30-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Aye, put up a copy of what you sent.

Kaiser1962
30-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Always had a reply personally. Strange.

Albion Hibs
30-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I am always a bit surprised at how much time the club spend responding the pen friend letters, as I am sure they have more important things to be getting on with....at least I hope they do.

In any event maybe enclosing a stamped addressed envelope will help, cant see Rod coughing for a first class stamp.

IWasThere2016
30-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Scott Lindsay not better in my experience.

Email sent, acknowledged but no reply - in what will be over 6 weeks. I will follow it up soon.

silverhibee
30-12-2011, 09:34 PM

Email sent, acknowledged but no reply - in what will be over 6 weeks. I will follow it up soon.

Hope you didn't sign it TQM. :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
30-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Twice i have written to Rod Petrie and both times he has failed to reply to my emails.
Has anybody else had the same problem with Mr. Petrie?, and if so it is a disgrace that our chairman ignores his supporters in this fashion. I have been criticle as is my right, but certainly not deflamatory. No wonder the club is in the state it's in when fans are just ignored.

I smell :******:

stoneyburn hibs
30-12-2011, 09:39 PM
I smell :******:

Aye

SquashedFrogg
30-12-2011, 09:39 PM

Our club isn't in a state King Yam.

'Our' current team may be of a poorer quality than 'we' would like but unlike 'your' club, ours isn't in a 'state'.

Twa Cairpets
30-12-2011, 10:07 PM

You'll probably find you don't want to be defamatory to inflammatory. Rod's not replied because he doesn't have a clue what it is you're on about.

IWasThere2016
30-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Hope you didn't sign it TQM. :greengrin

No way! I'm a 'marked man'! :cool2:

degenerated
30-12-2011, 10:20 PM

I doubt that very much. In fact I would go as far as to suggest that Scott Lindsay probably cares less than he knows on that front :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2011, 10:22 PM

Even Rod can sniff them out!

IWasThere2016
30-12-2011, 10:54 PM
I doubt that very much. In fact I would go as far as to suggest that Scott Lindsay probably cares less than he knows on that front :greengrin

He only knows what the Rodster let's him know :greengrin

IWasThere2016
30-12-2011, 11:00 PM

He only knows what the Rodster let's him know :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
30-12-2011, 11:03 PM
At it again TQM? ;-)

Jamesie
30-12-2011, 11:11 PM

Were you writing to complain about the £6 delivery charge for your derby ticket? Hope Rod got a good chuckle at your e-mails! :greengrin

yekimevol
30-12-2011, 11:11 PM
he is busy wondering were it all went wrong whist listen to were did it all go wrong by oasis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ghsoNE2Ig :(

he is pondering how we spend the fourth highest in wages and got third division players when kille, ICT and motherwell have better, Then i got them hughes, i got them someone with experance in calderwood but there were both awful managers. Now he is praying to the angels high above, singing glory to the hibees ! the team that we all love !!!

RIP
30-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Rod Petrie has retired - has he not?

silverhibee
31-12-2011, 01:02 AM

Yep, you are on the hit list along with another who posts on hibs.net. :wink: :greengrin :cb

silverhibee
31-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Rod Petrie has retired - has he not?

No.

He paraded Pat Fenlon to the press a few weeks ago.

Not read anything about him retiring since then.

And STF wishes he had 100 Rod Petries working for him. :rolleyes:, STF would be skint pretty soon if he had 100 RPs working for him.

matty_f
31-12-2011, 01:12 AM
No.

He paraded Pat Fenlon to the press a few weeks ago.

Not read anything about him retiring since then.

And STF wishes he had 100 Rod Petries working for him. :rolleyes:, STF would be skint pretty soon if he had 100 RPs working for him.

Not that skint - Petrie's working for nowt!

silverhibee
31-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Not that skint - Petrie's working for nowt!

He may be working for nothing, but he is losing money from STF buisness.

bighairyfaeleith
31-12-2011, 07:10 AM

Aye for the first time in how many years?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Beefster
31-12-2011, 08:22 AM

John and Donald Park's legacy wasn't going to last forever.

Kaiser1962
31-12-2011, 08:33 AM

He is losing less money than anybody else in his position so perhaps STF views that negative as a positive :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
31-12-2011, 08:36 AM
John and Donald Park's legacy wasn't going to last forever.

aye ok, nice answer :rolleyes:

Beefster
31-12-2011, 08:59 AM
aye ok, nice answer :rolleyes:

Okay. Rodders has had us making profits purely through his astute financial management and has been in no way reliant on being able to sell players. Our lack of profits recently has not been down to being unable to sell players whatsoever.

That better?

bighairyfaeleith
31-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Okay. Rodders has had us making profits purely through his astute financial management and has been in no way reliant on being able to sell players. Our lack of profits recently has not been down to being unable to sell players whatsoever.

That better?

Nope as again its far too simplistic. The club is not one man and everyone at the club has to accept there share of blame/credit for results over the years.

Its far too easy and frankly lazy to just blame the chairman. The last years financial results have been poor however that was mainly caused by poor performances on the pitch which everyone at the club has to accept there portion of blame for causing. Starting with thw players to the coaches to the management to the directors.

Kaiser1962
31-12-2011, 09:26 AM

That better?

That argument would be ok if all our competitors were making money and we were, somehow, the exception. If you measure our performance off the pitch with other clubs financial results and achievements then we compare favourably, in fact better than most.

That said our on field performances have been dire and, because the managers we appoint appear to spend their funds poorly, then Rod gets the blame for that as well because he (and others) appoint the manager. Yet Hearts appear to be admired by some on here because their players can still win games despite not being paid. That Hearts cant afford the quality of the player they currently have appears to be missed.

BroxburnHibee
31-12-2011, 10:11 AM

Should have sent it twice :tee hee:

Peevemor
31-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Most other SPL clubs are in the keech financially

Celtic
Doing fine, but should be due to the highest turnover in the country (9-10 times that of Hibs)

Rangers
Goosed due to years of overspending and alleged dodgy (tax) dealings.

Motherwell
Would have gone down the tubes had John Boyle not written off £10m of debt.

St Johnstone
No doubt a well run club, but it should be remembered that during the 00s they spent 7 seasons toiling to get out of the 1st division, including an 8th place finish (2004/2005). Were they being held up as an example during that time?

Hearts
:bye:

Dundee Utd.
Doing OK on the field but saddled with a debt that won't go away. Would have been in real trouble had it not been for the Thompson family.

St Mirren
Doing well enough, but had to sell (the already redeveloped) Love Street to sort themselves out.

Kilmarnock
Overspent and (maybe) now in a bit of trouble - difficult to tell their true financial position due to hotel income.

Aberdeen
A bit similar to Hibs in that they have a wealthy owner who refuses to chuck loads of money at them. Have hugely underachieved recently and are now looking to flog Pittodrie to bail themselves out.

Inverness
Look to be well enough run (at least I haven't heard anything to the contrary).

Dunfermline
Overspent in the past, were in real danger of going under and spent 4 seasons in the first division trying to sort themselves out.

There is a history of either 'luck' or 'failure' when you look at almost any other SPL club. Maybe it's not as straightforward as some on here think? :dunno:

Kaiser1962
31-12-2011, 10:32 AM
I would add that Hearts, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock have all appealed for public funding in the last 12 months.

Celtic
Doing fine, but should be due to the highest turnover in the country (9-10 times that of Hibs)

Rangers

Motherwell

St Johnstone
No doubt a well run club, but it should be remembered that during the 00s they spent 7 seasons toiling to get out of the 1st division, including an 8th place finish (2004/2005). Were they being held up as an example during that time?

Hearts

Dundee Utd.
Doing OK on the field but saddled with a debt that won't go away. Would have been in real trouble had it not been for the Thompson family.

St Mirren
Doing well enough, but had to sell (the already redeveloped) Love Street to sort themselves out.

Kilmarnock
Overspent and (maybe) now in a bit of trouble - difficult to tell their true financial position due to hotel income.

Aberdeen
A bit similar to Hibs in that they have a wealthy owner who refuses to chuck loads of money at them. Have hugely underachieved recently and are now looking to flog Pittodrie to bail themselves out.

Inverness

Dunfermline
Overspent in the past, were in real danger of going under and spent 4 seasons in the first division trying to sort themselves out.

There is a history of either 'luck' or 'failure' when you look at almost any other SPL club. Maybe it's not as straightforward as some on here think? :dunno:

BEEJ
31-12-2011, 10:56 AM

Celtic

Rangers

Motherwell

St Johnstone

Hearts

Dundee Utd.

St Mirren

Kilmarnock

Aberdeen

Inverness

Dunfermline

Yet Hearts appear to be admired by some on here because their players can still win games despite not being paid. That Hearts cant afford the quality of the player they currently have appears to be missed.
I don't believe it is.

It's the fact that Peevemor's assessment above could have been set out in much the same way three or four seasons ago and for that time we've been waiting in vain for the financial demise of our competitors.

The growing impatience is down to the fact that Hibs' otherwise commendable financial prudence has apparently done us no favours at all. And the prospect of the Yams (perhaps) finally going under offers no solace while we're in the teeth of a relegation battle.

Kaiser1962
31-12-2011, 11:04 AM
I don't believe it is.

I dont think it's their managerial or financial stability that enables them to do better than us. They get through managers faster than us.

I do agree that our fiscal management has disadvantaged us considerably while others appear to spend with impunity and when it all goes pear shaped, they take a ten point penaly and continue as before. That is wrong and needs to be seriously addressed.

Mikey
31-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Usually get a reply of sorts. You usually find the club ignore nonsense though. Can you copy the e-mail here?

Aye, put up a copy of what you sent.

Isn't it really frustrating when you don't get a reply.

:tee hee:

Cropley10
31-12-2011, 11:43 AM
I dont think it's their managerial or financial stability that enables them to do better than us. They get through managers faster than us.

I do agree that our fiscal management has disadvantaged us considerably while others appear to spend with impunity and when it all goes pear shaped, they take a ten point penaly and continue as before. That is wrong and needs to be seriously addressed.

Funny thing is that '10 point rule' isn't actually a rule, but nevertheless has been around for years. We and to a different degree Celtc, St J and St Murn are actually playing by our own rules - rules that disadvantage us.

I understand fiscal prudence and stability but it's done us no good whatsoever. It might do one day but for now Hearts to continue to cheat by offering contracts that they cannot and will not honour, but in the meantime these players still win games for them.

IWasThere2016
31-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Someone's at it on here! :grr:

matty_f
31-12-2011, 12:00 PM

You can say that again.:greengrin

Keith_M
31-12-2011, 12:01 PM
I'd be really worried if RP spent all his time replying to every enquiry from supporters.

I'm sure the people at Hibs get a bit p*ss*d off with so many letters and E-Mail form both concerned fans and people who think they know all the answers to the clubs' ills.

Kaiser1962
31-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Funny thing is that '10 point rule' isn't actually a rule, but nevertheless has been around for years. We and to a different degree Celtc, St J and St Murn are actually playing by our own rules - rules that disadvantage us.

I understand fiscal prudence and stability but it's done us no good whatsoever. It might do one day but for now Hearts to continue to cheat by offering contracts that they cannot and will not honour, but in the meantime these players still win games for them.

:agree:

No problem with any of that. As has already been said St.Mirren sold their Love Street ground (which they had already spent a lot of money on) in order to pay their bills so it cant be a level playing field if Rangers are allowed to avoid their tax liabilities by manipulating the system and allowed to continue, to all intents and purposes, as before. Hearts have beaten us to a few signatures over the last few years, dont blame the players one bit, knowing full well that they dont have the income to meet those commitments. In any other walk of life that is a short step away from fraudulent practice.

Should the tax decision go Rangers (and Hearts) way does that mean that the rest of us are due a rebate from HMRC?

As an aside I notice Sion have been penalised 36 points for fielding an ineligible player. Puts the ten point penalty for gross financial mismanagement/fraud into perspective.

Saorsa
31-12-2011, 01:12 PM
I'd be really worried if RP spent all his time replying to every enquiry from supporters.

I'm sure the people at Hibs get a bit p*ss*d off with so many letters and E-Mail form both concerned fans and people who think they know all the answers to the clubs' ills.and I'm sure they're no the only ones who are pissed off hence the no. of e-mails they receive in the 1st place and the falling crowds. I'm sure they'd much rather everybody just kept their thoughts tae themselves and their mouths shut and just kept handing over their money for whatever crap is put in front of them. Too bad for them that isnae going tae happen particularly when that crap is as expensive as it is these days.

IWasThere2016
31-12-2011, 01:34 PM

Mikey
31-12-2011, 01:48 PM

:rolleyes:

silverhibee
31-12-2011, 10:11 PM

:casper: :greengrin

Ray_
01-01-2012, 08:18 AM

He only made money because he sold assets & the last three years shows exactly what a hopeless job he has done at doing the balancing act. We have the worst and most uninspiring team I've ever known at ER and we are losing cash & punters quicker than lager turns to piss, well done Rod.

Mikey
01-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Has anybody else had the same problem with Mr. Petrie?

Why did you post a question if you had no intention of coming back for an answer? The last time you looked at this thread was........

30-12-2011, 07:45 PM

That's 1 minute after you posted it up.

If you do bother your arse to look in again be sure you post up what you sent him.

IWasThere2016
01-01-2012, 11:01 PM
I'll post mine on the PM Board if SL ever replies.