PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor To Huns After Derby

Chuck Rhoades
30-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Source was spot on when Whitty/Katie signed for them.

J-C
30-12-2011, 08:48 AM
If true then he should be nowhere near the 1st team, infact nowhere near ER at all.

Hibbyradge
30-12-2011, 08:50 AM
I thought he was suspended for the derby?

Hibbyradge
30-12-2011, 08:50 AM
If true then he should be nowhere near the 1st team, infact nowhere near ER at all.

Why?

leithsansiro
30-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Heard the same from his mum. Already agreed terms, doesn't want to announce it because he doesn't want to unsettle Hibs before the Hearts game.

Shouldn't really be captaining us, I don't think. :confused:

Nailrod
30-12-2011, 08:51 AM

Don't worry. That will be taken care of. If there's one thing Rod knows how to do it's protect a future earner. I expect he's rubbing his hands with glee at the thought of the fiver even now.

007 Mickey Weir
30-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I thought he was suspended for the derby?
Why would he be suspended for derby? He didn't get sent off. Yellow card suspensions take 2 weeks to kick in after the 6th yellow card.

I think we need every decent player available for derby. If true he can give us one last game. But why would we sell unless we are getting good money. Which Rangers have NONE!!

J-C
30-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Why?

Because it's obvious he's wanting away to get more cash and if that's the case start a new year without this drug/drunken waste of talent.

p.s just my opinion but looks very overweight, looks totally disinterested, goals aside he's better away TBH

stokesmessiah
30-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Why would he be suspended for derby? He didn't get sent off. Yellow card suspensions take 2 weeks to kick in after the 6th yellow card.

I think we need every decent player available for derby. If true he can give us one last game. But why would we sell unless we are getting good money. Which Rangers have NONE!!

Correct, if this is true i hope to god we are asking for the money up front first!!

scoopyboy
30-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Heard the same from his mum. Already agreed terms, doesn't want to announce it because he doesn't want to unsettle Hibs before the Hearts game.

He's already been announcing it, to the Hibs players for weeks.

HFC 0-7
30-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Not sure its as definate as people think, Rangers are apparently sniffing around Sandaza at the moment.

leithsansiro
30-12-2011, 08:58 AM

Publicly is different than to the Hibs players though

scoopyboy
30-12-2011, 08:59 AM

He's only got 4 yellows as well I believe, so apart from the 14 day rule he isn't "eligible" for suspension.

if he was to get booked against Hearts and is going to Rangers immeadiately after then I hope he lays out a Jambo and gets sent off.

That way we get the pleasure of one lying horizontal and his ban would be served as a Hun.

BTW the Jelavic money would fund him and Boyd.

3pm
30-12-2011, 09:00 AM

Did he not do the same first time around?! Problem was he ended up in Russia when said move never materialised.

scoopyboy
30-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Did he not do the same first time around?! Problem was he ended up in Russia when said move never materialised.

Yep, that's why I doubted it this time.

I'm now not so sure.

gobragh1875
30-12-2011, 09:09 AM
will he get out to play for them on a day release thing lol

Chuck Rhoades
30-12-2011, 09:17 AM
He wants to play in the Derby - hence why he won't sign until after. Guess he would like to give something back to the Hibs fans by banging a couple in against them.

People need to wake up - he was always going to be leaving in January. We all knew he would be going to one of the Old Firm as well. Why would he want to stay at Hibs? We are rank.

I expected him to go for months now. I also half expected him to be going to the old firm.

If he bangs in a couple of against them on Monday, or even a goal that provides a result for us - I will be delighted.

Go out in style Gaz, get yourself a hatrick against these

Broken Gnome
30-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Not sure its as definate as people think, Rangers are apparently sniffing around Sandaza at the moment.

I'd take Sandaza for O'Connor, however unlikely that may be...

Geo_1875
30-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I heard he wants to play against Liam Miller in the derby.

Hibs Class
30-12-2011, 09:29 AM
He isn't suspended. Our only current suspension is O'Hanlon and that is for the first SPL match after 11 Jan.

Hibby D
30-12-2011, 09:31 AM

Then his Mum should show her son some respect and shut up talking about it to peeps who'll post it all over the WWW :greengrin:

Stew1875Mc
30-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Griffiths and Doyle to start up front would be a good option as Doyle has just signed and Fenlon wants to keep Griffiths so they are most likely the future up front! Griffiths need time and service, he is a good player! GGTTH

scoopyboy
30-12-2011, 09:54 AM

But you just said he doesn't want to upset Hibs before the Hearts game, I would have thought by telling the Hibs players that he would have done just that.

truehibernian
30-12-2011, 10:09 AM
But you just said he doesn't want to upset Hibs before the Hearts game, I would have thought by telling the Hibs players that he would have done just that.

And shows the respect he actually has for the club scoopy.

For me, yes his goals have helped, but his first touch is a tackle in games and for me he still looks unfit. The formation perhaps makes him less potent, but with all his off field stuff due to go to trial next year, great time to cash in. Leaves us light, but maybe Ross or Danny can step up to the plate.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2011, 10:30 AM
And shows the respect he actually has for the club scoopy.

For me, yes his goals have helped, but his first touch is a tackle in games and for me he still looks unfit. The formation perhaps makes him less potent, but with all his off field stuff due to go to trial next year, great time to cash in. Leaves us light, but maybe Ross or Danny can step up to the plate.

:agree: I dont know why any of us get caught up in what players say in interviews, we all know they dont mean a word of it, and will be off as soon as they can secure a better deal for themselves. And to boast about it to players and fans, really is just taking the piss.:rolleyes:

EasterRoad4Ever
30-12-2011, 10:30 AM

That's a laugh :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
30-12-2011, 10:37 AM
He wants to play in the Derby - hence why he won't sign until after. Guess he would like to give something back to the Hibs fans by banging a couple in against them.

People need to wake up - he was always going to be leaving in January. We all knew he would be going to one of the Old Firm as well. Why would he want to stay at Hibs? We are rank.

I expected him to go for months now. I also half expected him to be going to the old firm.

If he bangs in a couple of against them on Monday, or even a goal that provides a result for us - I will be delighted.

Go out in style Gaz, get yourself a hatrick against these

Agree, just really disappointing he's going to a bankrupt club which is on the slide and likely be out of business within the next few months.

GreenCastle
30-12-2011, 10:46 AM
This time of year there always seems to be speculation about a player leaving - to the Old Firm or the yams (Liam Miller).

GOC - top scorer - if we didn't have his goals this season we would be really struggling.

I believe he can still become fitter and with better players around him score more but with everything hanging over him 2012 could be a difficult year.

If he does leave then some goals on the 2nd would be a good send off!

JimBHibees
Was it not this time last year Liam Miller was definitely signing for Hearts?

Wouldnt be too bothered about it as his form recently has been very poor and there is no way he would get a game at Rangers in his current form. Good that he is available for derby though as he is a player Hearts will be wary of.

The Falcon

Aparently the Huns are also signing Sendaza, Daly, Templeton, Driver, McGowan as well as Kris Boyd. I am sure there are others.

Kaiser1962
30-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Agree, just really disappointing he's going to a bankrupt club which is on the slide and likely be out of business within the next few months.

They have no intention of paying the outstanding tax bill. None. To the extent that they have even planned to defraud the taxpayer again, by misusing and abusing poor legislation again, should the court case go against them.

On the off chance it actually goes in their favour the the rest of the SPL clubs should be lining up to get the excess amounts they paid refunded.

Hibercelona
30-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Because it's obvious he's wanting away to get more cash and if that's the case start a new year without this drug/drunken waste of talent.

p.s just my opinion but looks very overweight, looks totally disinterested, goals aside he's better away TBH

This is the kind of nonsense I expect to read over the road.

Regardless of GOC's off field antics, we wouldn't even be sitting on a hand full of points if it wasn't for GOC.

stubru59
30-12-2011, 10:58 AM
My opinion of Gary O'Connor is no different to that of the rest of the team. If I woke up and discovered they'd all signed for another club, I'd consider it one of my better days.

Emerald
30-12-2011, 11:06 AM

Regardless of GOC's off field antics, we wouldn't even be sitting on a hand full of points if it wasn't for GOC.

Whilst I will agree he has been utter mince the last few weeks, what team in its right mind would let their top scorer go for a minimal fee at this time of the season? We are in real danger of relegation and have no goals coming from anywhere else. He is contracted to the end of the season and thats the only time he should be leaving. Any fee now would be wiped out with the money we will loose if we go down.

Its not certain that he will start scoring again but I would rather have our top scorer here than gone. Its a no brainer to be honest.

This is the Hibs way though, take as much money as we can get and worry about the team later.

jacomo
30-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Whilst I will agree he has been utter mince the last few weeks, what team in its right mind would let their top scorer go for a minimal fee at this time of the season? We are in real danger of relegation and have no goals coming from anywhere else. He is contracted to the end of the season and thats the only time he should be leaving. Any fee now would be wiped out with the money we will loose if we go down.

Its not certain that he will start scoring again but I would rather have our top scorer here than gone. Its a no brainer to be honest.

This is the Hibs way though, take as much money as we can get and worry about the team later.

As with Stokes, we aren't privy to the negotiations which brought G O'C back in the summer. There may be a contractual or gentleman's agreement that he be free to talk to Rangers about a move in January.

Emerald
30-12-2011, 11:11 AM
As with Stokes, we aren't privy to the negotiations which brought G O'C back in the summer. There may be a contractual or gentleman's agreement that he be free to talk to Rangers about a move in January.

Could be????????

Steve-O
30-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Honestly could care less. Would drive him through there myself if I knew I would not have to listen to the utter drivel he probably speaks for an hour in the car.

PeterboroHibee
30-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Id be disappointed in him given that we effectively gave a second chance to player who was damaged goods and hes jumped at the first opportunity, but as far as Im concerned, most of the players in this team can go if someone else wants them. It will free up wages for Fenlon and hopefully give him some cash, which will allow him to bring in his own players.

Franck is God
30-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I'd be very surprised if O'Connor went anywhere in January, he needed to prove that he could play at least 30 games in a season and get 20 goals which will get him a club at a decent level next summer.

The fact that he has a court case hanging over his head also makes him a risky signing for any side before next season too, I could maybe see him signing a pre-contract with another side that has a clause for the club to get out of it depending on the result of his court appearance.

silverhibee
30-12-2011, 12:19 PM

Pat Fenlon also mentioned it to the press last week.

fatbloke
30-12-2011, 12:20 PM

250,000 I am reliably informed:wink:

Spike Mandela
30-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Agreed:agree: We would be placing a lot of faith in a young man who was top scorer at an Irish club the equivalent of an Alloa or Cowdenbeath. Not saying it couldn't work But GOCs experience would be a big loss imo.

allezsauzee
30-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Agreed:agree: We would be placing a lot of faith in a young man who was top scorer at an Irish club the equivalent of an Alloa or Cowdenbeath. Not saying it couldn't work But GOCs experience would be a big loss imo.

Equivalent of Alloa or Cowdenbeath? Outwith the old firm I don't think the SPL is much better than the League of Ireland, if at all.

.Sean.
30-12-2011, 12:43 PM
He seems a disrespectful bawbag, i'm still perplexed he was ever made Captain :confused:

Excellent player but a complete waster. A shame really.

.Sean.
30-12-2011, 12:46 PM
250,000 I am reliably informed:wink:
Bite their hands off in that case.

Frazerbob
30-12-2011, 12:56 PM
He seems a disrespectful bawbag, i'm still perplexed he was ever made Captain :confused:

Excellent player but a complete waster. A shame really.

Totally agree. The very fact the captain's armband has been passed between O'Connor and Sproule the last few weeks only goes to prove the state our club is currently in.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I find it really hard to believe that a club would be interested in signing O'Connor just now when he faces a trial over his alleged insurance fraud and should it go against him, he could be serving a jail sentence in a couple of months.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Littlest Hobo
30-12-2011, 01:15 PM
A real football Club in the position we are in at this moment would not even contemplate selling their top goal scorer. Only Hibs, no wonder fans are walking away in disgust.

What we should be doing is declaring a state of emergency and that all bets are off until such times we are safe from relegation.

bingo70
30-12-2011, 01:16 PM
They tried to sign goodwillie when he had w rape charge hanging over him too so I guess they'll look at his case and make an educated guess he'd get off with it and would pick up a bargain in the process

I've got no time for the guy, seems like a complete arse and if he does go that'll just confirm my thoughts.

Sure the argument wil/ be if I was offered more money to join a rival company I'd move to but no, if a company took me in when nobody else wanted me then stuck by me when I was going through a bad time I'd show them some loyalty and work harder than ever but it appears this guy obviously has different values than loyalty and commitment

silverhibee
30-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I find it really hard to believe that a club would be interested in signing O'Connor just now when he faces a trial over his alleged insurance fraud and should it go against him, he could be serving a jail sentence in a couple of months.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

The buns were willing to take that chance with Goodwillie and his charges were more serious, if i am being honest i cant see Gaz getting the jail, if found guilty for the fraud he will be hit hard in the pocket with a massive fine, and if found guilty of the drug charges he will be given probation/ community service and a fine, the buns will no this and take the chance on him in January.

Regards GOC fitness, two weeks intense training at Murray Park for him and he will be fit again and lost some weight, Gaz is a big lad he may find it hard to keep the weight off, but if his mind is right he will work hard on his fitness and look as good as he did at the start of the season, he has obviously not been working hard enough at Hibs in training and it is showing, but a move to the buns and Gaz will look a better player than he does now after some hard training.

Spike Mandela
30-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Equivalent of Alloa or Cowdenbeath? Outwith the old firm I don't think the SPL is much better than the League of Ireland, if at all.

But it is a better league, better standard, better crowds, better exposure. You are right the SPL is at a low ebb at the moment but it is still a big step up for the laddie.

GOC's experience would have been a god send in any relegation battle and would help Doyle improve. Last time we were in the play offs and avoided relegation guys like Jackson, Leighton and Wright were invaluable and kept us up when it mattered.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2011, 01:50 PM
The buns were willing to take that chance with Goodwillie and his charges were more serious, if i am being honest i cant see Gaz getting the jail, if found guilty for the fraud he will be hit hard in the pocket with a massive fine, and if found guilty of the drug charges he will be given probation/ community service and a fine, the buns will no this and take the chance on him in January.

Regards GOC fitness, two weeks intense training at Murray Park for him and he will be fit again and lost some weight, Gaz is a big lad he may find it hard to keep the weight off, but if his mind is right he will work hard on his fitness and look as good as he did at the start of the season, he has obviously not been working hard enough at Hibs in training and it is showing, but a move to the buns and Gaz will look a better player than he does now after some hard training.

Fair enough about the drugs possession, that almost certainly won't result in a custodial sentence but if he's convicted of committing a £100,000 fraud, I can't see any outcome, other than prison.

eastmainsmsh
30-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Good if he goes for himself and if we get money .....Sign the boy from Falkirk EL ? ,Mark Fotheringham from livi ,Gavin rae from dundee Davie weir on loan from der hun... sparky our season could get better lol

hibsbollah
30-12-2011, 02:21 PM
He provided me with my best ever ER moment in 2001, and I'll never criticise him just on that basis.

No doubt his form has been poor for quite a few weeks now. But he's still bagged a load of goals this season, he made a big effort to get fit at the season start and it paid off; without him we would be in an even worse mess.

If its true i'll be disappointed but his record in two spells now speaks for itself.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-12-2011, 02:25 PM
If he goes through there Levein will have him in the squad for the Slovenia game!

silverhibee
30-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Fair enough about the drugs possession, that almost certainly won't result in a custodial sentence but if he's convicted of committing a £100,000 fraud, I can't see any outcome, other than prison.

Gary allegedley made a fraudulent claim regarding his car, the insurance company didn't lose any money as they didn't pay out, the only loser is Gaz as his £110,000 car has now been scrapped so i cant see him going to prison for that, a heavy fine will be the punishment imo.

The drug charges are different in my eyes, he has been charged with possession in the town centre and also at St Lenards police station and wee dont know how much he was caught with, i can only guess he was caught with stuff at the West End and then taken to the police station where he would have been stripped searched and found with more stuff on him, if he is pleading not guilty when there is no chance he will be found not guilty then the judge might think he is playing the system and possibily give him a prison sentence for wasting the courts time, but still think probation or community service will be the punishment if found guilty.

30-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Not a great player, serious lack of pace and can be greedy however undoutably he has been our best player and without his goals we would really be in very serious trouble (more so than we are now!). Would rather keep hold of him however its clear he is eager to go and looking for a way out and if that is the case then he can get lost, i don't want half hearted, dis-interested and down right ungrateful players at hibs who don't want to be here.

Cropley10
30-12-2011, 02:38 PM
A real football Club in the position we are in at this moment would not even contemplate selling their top goal scorer. Only Hibs, no wonder fans are walking away in disgust.

What we should be doing is declaring a state of emergency and that all bets are off until such times we are safe from relegation.

Gaz 'came home' in July of this year, signed on a one-year deal to essentially 'rehabilitate himself'.

I cannot believe that ANYONE would think it's now a good idea to sell the only player who's capable of scoring goals in this team, simply because we'll get NOTHING for him at the end of the Season.

We signed him for a year. We need him for a year. We need goals more than we need a couple of hundred grand from the Huns.

If this is true - and I doubt it is - then it is a piece of nonsense.

hibeemarley
30-12-2011, 03:15 PM
This time of year there always seems to be speculation about a player leaving - to the Old Firm or the yams (Liam Miller).

GOC - top scorer - if we didn't have his goals this season we would be really struggling.

I believe he can still become fitter and with better players around him score more but with everything hanging over him 2012 could be a difficult year.

If he does leave then some goals on the 2nd would be a good send off!

Just had a quick look at the games he has scored which has got us points and I totalled this to be 10 points (correct me if I am wrong... reading hibs.net a lot I know i will be somehow haha)

So if it wasn't for his goals we would have 5points at the NY. Certain relegation!

Also spoke to a youth development coach for hibs about 6 weeks ago and he said then he was certain to go to Rankers. He'll be a direct replacement for Jelavic as that guy is totally going to leave the huns for the premiership in January.

I for one will be gutted to lose him as without him I think we're going down.

It's all doom and gloom fae me

Niffy
30-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Once Doyley bangs in the odd hat-trick and Gary O' is on the front page of the Record in a Rangers Star faces more raps story we'll realise well shot.

Yes he scored in the first batch of matches, but he's not really helping now. Weak team yeah.... but give Pat and his new lads (I hope) a month and good riddance to the majority of that squad that I wouldnt have in Dunbar United.

oconnors_strip
30-12-2011, 03:26 PM
i'll throw another story into the hat.....garry is buying himself a house in london:confused:

Davy Mac
30-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Gaz 'came home' in July of this year, signed on a one-year deal to essentially 'rehabilitate himself'.

I cannot believe that ANYONE would think it's now a good idea to sell the only player who's capable of scoring goals in this team, simply because we'll get NOTHING for him at the end of the Season.

We signed him for a year. We need him for a year. We need goals more than we need a couple of hundred grand from the Huns.

If this is true - and I doubt it is - then it is a piece of nonsense.

This is a great post and although I understand there may be a release clause, if there is not and we are selling for a few shackles - then I'm sorry, that decision maker needs to be removed from Hibs.

Andy74
30-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Just had a quick look at the games he has scored which has got us points and I totalled this to be 10 points (correct me if I am wrong... reading hibs.net a lot I know i will be somehow haha)

So if it wasn't for his goals we would have 5points at the NY. Certain relegation!

Also spoke to a youth development coach for hibs about 6 weeks ago and he said then he was certain to go to Rankers. He'll be a direct replacement for Jelavic as that guy is totally going to leave the huns for the premiership in January.

I for one will be gutted to lose him as without him I think we're going down.

It's all doom and gloom fae me

We'd have been playing with ten men without him would we?

Franck Stanton
30-12-2011, 03:33 PM

It's all about opinions at the end of the day, most, [if not all] Hibs supporters haven't even seen Doyle play yet and are compairing him to a striker coming from the standard of Cowdenbeath. Can I just take this opportunity to remind people of the fact we signed Gordon Durie from East Fife, hardly a big club but he turned out ok now didn't he ? Now I am not saying Doyle will/will not be as good but I think I will reserve judgement until I have actually seen him in action a few times.

Big Frank
30-12-2011, 03:41 PM
It's all about opinions at the end of the day, most, [if not all] Hibs supporters haven't even seen Doyle play yet and are compairing him to a striker coming from the standard of Cowdenbeath. Can I just take this opportunity to remind people of the fact we signed Gordon Durie from East Fife, hardly a big club but he turned out ok now didn't he ? Now I am not saying Doyle will/will not be as good but I think I will reserve judgement until I have actually seen him in action a few times.

Spot on eric.

If COG heads west for the manky dollar, then so be it. Thanks for your service with Hibernian. (What he does once away from Hibernian football wise, I care not a jot).

When Doyle ends up Hibernians top scorer this season, it will be garry who :wink:

hibeemarley
30-12-2011, 03:43 PM
We'd have been playing with ten men without him would we?

just my opinion, I don't see any other striker with the capability to score the goals he has... and they have all had enough time on the park to prove it!

Niffy
30-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Who's to say if we didn't spend all the gold on Gary that we could have had 2 or 3 players that would have had us mid table by now ?

northgreen24
30-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Bite their hands off in that case.

ok rod we know what you will do :) :)

but joking aside unless there is something in his inital contratct (and if he is sold we should be told so) who cares if it is 250k or 5 million that does not help out terrible situation as a team. ok it might free up wages but would we be able to get anybody of garys ability ??

sometimes i think I support a Bank :confused::confused::confused:

Spike Mandela
30-12-2011, 03:56 PM

Nobody is saying he will or will not be an excellent player for Hibs.

All I can say for certain about him is he comes from Sligo Rovers. A team I would compare to a lower league Scottish side. Hibs is a step up in his career is it not.?

I agree entirely with you about reserving judgement until someone is giving the chance to play. My original point was that it would be a bit of a risk losing the experience and goals of GOC and pinning our striking hopes on this young lad.

IWasThere2016
30-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Like silver, I am not sure the Huns are taking a big risk tbh.

Like Cropley10, I feel we need him for the season.

Daly of the Arabs is a target for Barnsley.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-12-2011, 04:17 PM

:agree:

Absolutely, form not been great over recent weeks but he's been the one bright spot of a dire season.
Can't believe the vitriol on here before he's even gone!

scoopyboy
30-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Gary allegedley made a fraudulent claim regarding his car, the insurance company didn't lose any money as they didn't pay out, the only loser is Gaz as his £110,000 car has now been scrapped so i cant see him going to prison for that, a heavy fine will be the punishment imo.

The drug charges are different in my eyes, he has been charged with possession in the town centre and also at St Lenards police station and wee dont know how much he was caught with, i can only guess he was caught with stuff at the West End and then taken to the police station where he would have been stripped searched and found with more stuff on him, if he is pleading not guilty when there is no chance he will be found not guilty then the judge might think he is playing the system and possibily give him a prison sentence for wasting the courts time, but still think probation or community service will be the punishment if found guilty.

I hear you Silv and I agree about the drug charge.

However I'm not so sure about the fraud, not that I'm an expert on that front.

If he's found not guilty does that mean the insurance company has to pay out?

Surely insurance companies can't pay out cos it doesn't suit them.

RIP
30-12-2011, 04:52 PM
My sources tell me that Rangers have offered 6,000 a week, goals bonus, car, Donald Findlay and a friendly judge

Albion Hibs
30-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Dont know if I believe this, there have been rumours he is away since he walked into easter road. I would have thought that the fact Boyd is available along with the fact he has been poor recently makes it seem a little unlikely IMO. Also if rangers had signed him and they were paying a fee for him I would have thought there was no chance they would be letting him play again for us. If he has not already signed, then I would be concerned about how keen he will be to put himself into any challange / risk becoming injured.

However, stranger things have happened, is it possible his agent is just looking to create a bit of interest.

.Sean.
30-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Dont know if I believe this, there have been rumours he is away since he walked into easter road. I would have thought that the fact Boyd is available along with the fact he has been poor recently makes it seem a little unlikely IMO. Also if rangers had signed him and they were paying a fee for him I would have thought there was no chance they would be letting him play again for us. If he has not already signed, then I would be concerned about how keen he will be to put himself into any challange / risk becoming injured.

However, stranger things have happened, is it possible his agent is just looking to create a bit of interest.
Could be wrong but i'm sure he binned his agent and now represents himself.

snooky
30-12-2011, 05:00 PM
ok rod we know what you will do :) :)

but joking aside unless there is something in his inital contratct (and if he is sold we should be told so) who cares if it is 250k or 5 million that does not help out terrible situation as a team. ok it might free up wages but would we be able to get anybody of garys ability ??

sometimes i think I support a Bank :confused::confused::confused:

We (emmm, RP) sold him at a crucial time first time around for 30 pieces of silver - why change the habit?

Jim44
30-12-2011, 05:01 PM
i'll throw another story into the hat.....garry is buying himself a house in london:confused:

Maybe, if found guilty, he expects to do his porridge in Wandsworth.

Albion Hibs
30-12-2011, 05:06 PM

There is a thought! In that case perhaps it is him that is kicking off the rumours!!

snooky
30-12-2011, 05:09 PM
There is a thought! In that case perhaps it is him that is kicking off the rumours!!

Or Agent Orange? :wink:

GreenCastle
30-12-2011, 05:12 PM
We (emmm, RP) sold him at a crucial time first time around for 30 pieces of silver - why change the habit?

Was it not the last time just before we played the yams in that semi at Hampden..:rolleyes:

Keep GOC - we need his goals to keep us up :agree:

Albion Hibs
30-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Or Agent Orange? :wink:

Before thinking properly I did think that was a fake tan joke!!

Albion Hibs
30-12-2011, 05:20 PM
On another note, if we dont trust the hertz to sell their own tickets, should we really be trusting rangers to pay up?

Sudds_1
30-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Griffiths and Doyle to start up front would be a good option as Doyle has just signed and Fenlon wants to keep Griffiths so they are most likely the future up front! Griffiths need time and service, he is a good player! GGTTH

I'm sure you are Leigh........I'm sure you are. :wink::wink::greengrin

Niffy
30-12-2011, 05:39 PM
All this "we'd be relegated without him" malarky is the same as saying if we put out no players we'd be relegated.

The cash spent on him MIGHT have gone to one, two maybe 3 players that could have lifted the whole team.

Sproule was (from some folk) going to be the best thing ever as well... what if we'd got someone else that again made a better difference.

With the team we've got including them, we're *****. So who's to say we couldn't have been miles better with other folk we might have been able to get but the powers that be thought... let's run with Gary, Ivan, and some of these clowns...

Not saying Gary hasn't pulled of some good goals... but you know... we're where we are with THIS squad.

tamig
30-12-2011, 05:43 PM

GOCs deal was always about putting himself in the shop window. I think the aim was to get back down south though, so it is a bit surprising if he is off to the hun.

Bostonhibby
30-12-2011, 05:59 PM
That's a laugh :greengrin

Certainly don't want to see anything upset the run we're on or affect the balance of the side.

Cropley10
30-12-2011, 06:06 PM
All this "we'd be relegated without him" malarky is the same as saying if we put out no players we'd be relegated.

The cash spent on him MIGHT have gone to one, two maybe 3 players that could have lifted the whole team.

Sproule was (from some folk) going to be the best thing ever as well... what if we'd got someone else that again made a better difference.

With the team we've got including them, we're *****. So who's to say we couldn't have been miles better with other folk we might have been able to get but the powers that be thought... let's run with Gary, Ivan, and some of these clowns...

Not saying Gary hasn't pulled of some good goals... but you know... we're where we are with THIS squad.

Signing Sproule now looks like the work of an....... [fill in the blank]:greengrin

broonie27
30-12-2011, 06:46 PM
I've not read all the posts here but is there not a rule that says a player has to have played a full season before he can be transferred between two clubs.

superbam
30-12-2011, 06:51 PM

Agree with the general point but Sligo Rovers are certainly a bigger club than Alloa/Cowdenbeath. Average attendance is well over 2,000 and they would take either of those teams apart.

silverhibee
30-12-2011, 06:55 PM

See Sean's post below, he doesn't have an agent, so if anyone is creating a bit of interest then its the big man himself(and no not God):greengrin.

Just maybe Gaz has known about this for a couple of weeks, hence the poor performances from him, he has picked up an injury in that time, a broken toe i believe but has been getting injections for it when playing football, not being doing much training and that has showed with his lack of fitness in game's.

Hibs Class
30-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I've not read all the posts here but is there not a rule that says a player has to have played a full season before he can be transferred between two clubs.

Not as far as I'm aware. I think there is a rule about not playing for three clubs in one season and that is the only similar rule I can think of.

silverhibee
30-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I hear you Silv and I agree about the drug charge.

However I'm not so sure about the fraud, not that I'm an expert on that front.

If he's found not guilty does that mean the insurance company has to pay out?

Surely insurance companies can't pay out cos it doesn't suit them.

I am no expert on insurance fraud either Scoops, but Gaz will have to name the driver who crashed the car the first time in to the bridge as he said it wasn't him that was driving it to the police but wouldn't name the driver, if he does but the guy is not insured then no pay out, i think its what happened to the car after the bridge crash that has caused Gaz to be charged with fraud.

The Falcon
30-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Didnt Mowbray allow him to go? Described the move and the sums of money involved as "life changing" although perhaps GOC wanted to stay, but he didnt say so.

tamig
30-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Not quite!

silverhibee
30-12-2011, 07:15 PM

Sorry no offence but i dont believe that.

tamig
30-12-2011, 07:19 PM

Garry is rooked. He couldn't afford a house in London. No danger.

Aldo
30-12-2011, 07:26 PM
I am no expert on insurance fraud either Scoops, but Gaz will have to name the driver who crashed the car the first time in to the bridge as he said it wasn't him that was driving it to the police but wouldn't name the driver, if he does but the guy is not insured then no pay out, i think its what happened to the car after the bridge crash that has caused Gaz to be charged with fraud.

GOC will have to by law to tell the police who the driver was. His motor.. No excuses. If he doesn't he gets done ENDOF.

Regarding the fraud. The company makes the complaint to the police, they look at the paperwork etc and then carry out the investigation.

They will have to have sufficient evidence etc to charge him.

The drugs case... Depending on previous will probably be a fine.

What I will say us that the case can get deserted for any number if reasons but don't think they will?

Daft laddie if you ask me.

silverhibee
30-12-2011, 08:06 PM

I think this is the reason he needs to get away from Hibs, what he is earning just now is not paying the bills.

Cropley10
30-12-2011, 08:19 PM
I think this is the reason he needs to get away from Hibs, what he is earning just now is not paying the bills.

Have his bills increased since he signed his contract with us?

BEEJ
30-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Major asset write-offs and the recent purchase of a Nissan Micra may have something to do with it.

:greengrin

silverhibee
30-12-2011, 08:32 PM

Probaly not, but he will be having to dip in to money made at previous clubs to be paying mortgage's and cars and lifestyle that he live's, he wont be earning that much at Hibs to pay for all that, and maybe funds are running low for him.

J-C
30-12-2011, 09:08 PM

His off field antics have caused him to screw up a decent career down south, just for him to come back here for a few easy pennies, goals apart we don't need him any more, time to call it a day and start afresh.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2011, 09:38 PM

With the money he's earned he should be far from rooked!!!

tamig
30-12-2011, 09:50 PM

He's blown it all. hard to believe perhaps but that's the situation.

snooky
30-12-2011, 10:34 PM
He's blown it all. hard to believe perhaps but that's the situation.
:angelic:

.Sean.
30-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Literally 'blown' it. Waster.

HH81
30-12-2011, 10:42 PM
I take it from reading this thread a few know him personally?

If so ask him what the hell he had for Xmas lunch cos he bloody had too much!

silverhibee
30-12-2011, 11:57 PM

It wont be long before the heavies come calling for him to pay up his tab or tabs.

NOLA
31-12-2011, 01:29 AM
suppose now he will have Donald Findlay representing him when due in court :wink:

Aldo
31-12-2011, 09:06 AM
If these rumours are indeed true and we do get a nominal fee for him...think it would be in the region of 80 grandish, who would you spend money on.

Cheeky wee bid for black and Stevenson?

:-) tin hat at the ready but you know they would enhance our team. Good work ethics and a bit if dug about them?

lapsedhibee
31-12-2011, 09:39 AM

:-) tin hat at the ready but you know they would enhance our team. Good work ethics and a bit if dug about them?

We haven't had any dug in our midfield since Chisholm left. He was a pointer. :agree:

Aldo
31-12-2011, 09:57 AM
We haven't had any dug in our midfield since Chisholm left. He was a pointer. :agree:

Nice one. Finger trouble with phone. DIG. ;)

Cropley10
31-12-2011, 09:59 AM
His off field antics have caused him to screw up a decent career down south, just for him to come back here for a few easy pennies, goals apart we don't need him any more, time to call it a day and start afresh.

If you take his goals out where would be in the League?

Why don't need we need him anymore?

NOLA
31-12-2011, 10:14 AM
:thumbsup:

matty_f
31-12-2011, 10:15 AM

:agree: Can remember the message coming out about the Stokes sale being good for the club because he was a bad influence. Our season collapsed after he left because we relied on him getting goals. It was meant to be for the greater good, however in the end I'd rather have had the bad influence and a good team scoring goals, than a nice bunch of lads getting horsed every week.

Www1875hfc
31-12-2011, 10:24 AM
:agree: Can remember the message coming out about the Stokes sale being good for the club because he was a bad influence. Our season collapsed after he left because we relied on him getting goals. It was meant to be for the greater good, however in the end I'd rather have had the bad influence and a good team scoring goals, than a nice bunch of lads getting horsed every week.

Said the exact same thing Matty, lost Stokes and then Deeks, lose the 40 goals a season between them,and we wonder why we are in this position.

Take away Gary's goals, whos next best?

weecounty hibby
31-12-2011, 11:12 AM
If he goes he goes, other players have done so in the past we just have to get on with it. The thing is most of them have not dragged the name of Hibernian through the mud the way GOC has. If I had been involved in the things he has and my employer found out I would be sacked.

If he does join Rangers I hope he gets the jail, if he stays with us a slap on the wrist will do just fine ta.

Steve-O
31-12-2011, 11:22 AM

We are second bottom WITH his goals so without him would hardly make that much difference. Contributes bugger all else.

silverhibee
31-12-2011, 11:42 AM
suppose now he will have Donald Findlay representing him when due in court :wink:

Surely he wont be signing for Cowdenbeath.

Iceman1875
31-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Surely he wont be signing for Cowdenbeath.

I think Donald Findlay will have enough on his plate with the arrest of one of the Cowdenbeath players last night for posting sectarian nonsense on a social network site...

keep the faith
31-12-2011, 12:20 PM
If these rumours are indeed true and we do get a nominal fee for him...think it would be in the region of 80 grandish, who would you spend money on.

I hope not. If we are being controversial then I would rather we brought in Mikey Stewart. I have banged on about this before but he is exactly what we need and a far better player than Black. Wierd that he hasnt had a club for 6 or 7 months though. Injured again? Reputation caught up with him?

Worth a punt IMO.

Leithenhibby
31-12-2011, 12:41 PM
I hope not. If we are being controversial then I would rather we brought in Mikey Stewart. I have banged on about this before but he is exactly what we need and a far better player than Black. Wierd that he hasnt had a club for 6 or 7 months though. Injured again? Reputation caught up with him?

Worth a punt IMO.

Was that baw-bag not at the centre of all the trouble when JC was in charge?

And for that reason "I'm Out" ... :wink:

oconnors_strip
31-12-2011, 12:44 PM

no offence taken, just passing on what my dad heard from some people in the know on wednesday night at the game

Kaiser1962
31-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Was that baw-bag not at the centre of all the trouble when JC was in charge?

And for that reason "I'm Out" ... :wink:

Never played for Hibs again and was "released" days later as JC, contrary to popular opinion, asserted his authority with RP's full support.

silverhibee
31-12-2011, 05:54 PM
no offence taken, just passing on what my dad heard from some people in the know on wednesday night at the game

If Gaz was heading to London to play football, i dont think he would be buying a house, he would be surely renting a property down there. :aok:

Niffy
31-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Never played for Hibs again and was "released" days later as JC, contrary to popular opinion, asserted his authority with RP's full support.

Aye , great player but not worth the hassle.

J-C
01-01-2012, 09:25 AM

I mean we don't need him anymore because we have to start looking forward, yes his goals have helped but we need more than just goals at the moment.

Lago
01-01-2012, 01:24 PM
:agree: I dont know why any of us get caught up in what players say in interviews, we all know they dont mean a word of it, and will be off as soon as they can secure a better deal for themselves. And to boast about it to players and fans, really is just taking the piss.:rolleyes:

Correct, they are like politcians promise anything until something better turns up.

Cropley10
01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
I mean we don't need him anymore because we have to start looking forward, yes his goals have helped but we need more than just goals at the moment.

I'd suggest we STILL need his goals until we're safe. Then we look forward.

Kaiser1962
01-01-2012, 05:32 PM

I would suggest you are correct.

Although I would suspect that whatever deal was shaken hands on at the start of the season will play a significant part.

hfcpaul
01-01-2012, 10:09 PM
rangers dont want him , dont want involved with court cases , just bought house in london , suspect it will be watford

SteveHFC
01-01-2012, 10:18 PM
rangers dont want him , dont want involved with court cases , just bought house in london , suspect it will be watford

Crystal Palace or Charlton?

silverhibee
01-01-2012, 10:25 PM

Sorry to break the news to you but GOC couldn't afford a house in London, even if he was moving to play for Watford he would be renting a property not buying a house.

Bit in bold, they were willing to sign Goodwillie and he had a rape and assault charges hanging over his head.

.Sean.
01-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Sorry to break the news to you but GOC couldn't afford a house in London, even if he was moving to play for Watford he would be renting a property not buying a house.

Bit in bold, they were willing to sign Goodwillie and he had a rape and assault charges hanging over his head.
Wasn't he on around 20K a week in Russia and Brum?

Can you honestly ***** all that cash on fast cars and ching? :confused:

silverhibee
01-01-2012, 11:35 PM

Dont think he is as well off nowadays, thats why he needs the move.

Even if he still is loaded why would he buy a house down in London, he would rent a property down there, infact i believe he still has a house down south from his spell at Birmingham, why not stay there instead of buying a house in London.

My money is a move along the M8 to the buns.

leither17
02-01-2012, 12:06 AM

I don't know but I will give it a good try

jax67
02-01-2012, 09:09 AM

And Sandaza has a lot more to offer than O'connor, love to see him in a Hibs shirt, he is Hibs class:wink:

tamig
02-01-2012, 09:38 AM

Well he's certainly managed it. He had about 5 top of the range cars on the go at one time and lost a packet when he had to sell them.

J-C
02-01-2012, 09:48 AM

True but it was obvious he wasn't going to be here more than 1 season, if he's arranging a move, then time to cut the cord and get people in who wan't to be here,