PDA

View Full Version : We Need Booth to play like he is on fire again!

spike220
30-12-2011, 08:02 AM
If ever we needed this lad to unleash the kind of form he is capable of is god given destiny then this is the time. He could our next big thing, but he needs to happen now. Unleash the beast inside of you Boot, do it, pull the trigger.

GGTTH

greenlex
30-12-2011, 10:37 AM
With respect we need a hell of a lot more than this.

SMAXXA
30-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I just hope he keeps his place and Hanlon isnt brought back in if he has recovered from his illness, that would be a mistake in my opinion. I like Booth, he will get that confidence back and be the asset we all hoped he would be from the early showings he gave us. Well hopefully :wink:

PeterboroHibee
30-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Id like to see him get a run on the left side of midfield (supposedly his best position), theres no real competition there (Sproule and Galbraith have been woeful this season) and he might offer some creativity from the wings.

SMAXXA
30-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Id like to see him get a run on the left side of midfield (supposedly his best position), theres no real competition there (Sproule and Galbraith have been woeful this season) and he might offer some creativity from the wings.

Possibly mo a bad idea, he reminds me a bit of Steven Whitt, not the greatest defender more usefull going forward

PISTOL1875
30-12-2011, 12:25 PM
I just hope he keeps his place and Hanlon isnt brought back in if he has recovered from his illness, that would be a mistake in my opinion. I like Booth, he will get that confidence back and be the asset we all hoped he would be from the early showings he gave us. Well hopefully :wink:

Why doesn't Hanlon play at LB if he is fit then Booth can play at LM ???

Beefster
30-12-2011, 12:27 PM
We need to stop putting too much pressure on young players, that's what we need. I'll settle for Booth developing at a steady pace and, eventually, fulfilling his potential.

Franck is God
30-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Booth is a young lad who has had a good start to his Hibs career but that's it.

He was not sensational when he came into the team in Januray he was simply better than the player he replaced and better going forward and had a positive impact on the team in a very negative period.

He has not had a good season so far and has missed a lot of games through poor form and injury and his performance the other night was one of few positives from the ICT game but why don't we let him get a few games under his belt again rather than building up unrealistic expectations on such an inexperienced player.

.Sean.
30-12-2011, 12:38 PM

He feels far more comfortable at left-back and supposedly doesn't enjoy the middle as much. But I agree, i'd rather see him deployed in midfield :agree:

Piqué
30-12-2011, 01:12 PM
If only it was as easy as turning his form on and off whenever he liked.

greenlex
30-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Possibly mo a bad idea, he reminds me a bit of Steven Whitt, not the greatest defender more usefull going forward
Yet Rangers play him at Right Back and IIRC his Scotland appearances are there too.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Booth was a victim of his own success earlier in the season because when he was our only shining light, other players hid behind him and let him take on responsibility that was not fair for a boy of his age. IIRC he made a bit of a howler against St Mirren that lead to a goal, but his mistake was made on the far right of the pitch when he was playing left back. That kinda makes the point.

patlowe
30-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Just because you are a good attacking full back does not mean you should be playing further forward. Full back is completely different to wide midfield, you receive the ball in totally different positions and have a different role in relation to the player you are up against. You get this call from fans every time a technical full back comes through at Hibs, probably because they have more time on the ball and can move into space well. Whittaker, Booth, Murphy etc are good attacking full backs, not wingers. Playing Booth in midfield risks nullifying his strengths IMO.

SMAXXA
30-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Yet Rangers play him at Right Back and IIRC his Scotland appearances are there too.

Yeah thats true, however I think thats possibly more as a result of him now having a number of years experience in the SPL and international team, the now extensive coaching under his belt at this level. It has clearly developed him as a better defende in his career has progressed. If you think back to his earlier years I dont think its unfair to say that he wasnt the greatest defender but offered lots going forward, and if I also recollect people used to say about him playing as a winger also.

Teuchter Hibbie
30-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Why doesn't Hanlon play at LB if he is fit then Booth can play at LM ???

that would be my preferred option, given that hanlon had an excellent first season under Yogi playing at LB, and that Booth supposedly prefers/plays best at LM.

.Sean.
30-12-2011, 10:45 PM
that would be my preferred option, given that hanlon had an excellent first season under Yogi playing at LB, and that Booth supposedly prefers/plays best at LM.
He doesn't prefer left mid, nor did Hanlon play regularly at left back under Yogi. Murray did.

Teuchter Hibbie
31-12-2011, 12:14 AM
He doesn't prefer left mid, nor did Hanlon play regularly at left back under Yogi. Murray did.

Really? i thought hanlon was LB for most of his first season?

Franck is God
31-12-2011, 08:01 AM
It was Mixu that introduced Hanlon as a left back, he always played centre half at under 19's before he was promoted to the first team.

Yogi did seem to prefer Murray at LB and when he did use Hanlon it was mainly at centre half.

PeterboroHibee
31-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Just because you are a good attacking full back does not mean you should be playing further forward. Full back is completely different to wide midfield, you receive the ball in totally different positions and have a different role in relation to the player you are up against. You get this call from fans every time a technical full back comes through at Hibs, probably because they have more time on the ball and can move into space well. Whittaker, Booth, Murphy etc are good attacking full backs, not wingers. Playing Booth in midfield risks nullifying his strengths IMO.

Thats true, a lot of full backs prefer attacking from defence and arent as effective when pushed further forward.

All Ive heard since Booth came through however is that his natural position is left midfield, from people at Hibs and Im sure the likes of Stark and Levein talked about Booth being a left winger for Scotland in the future. I suppose the idea of playing him at LB is to give him experience and make him aware of his defensive duties.

Given that we dont have anybody who can play wide, I dont see the problem with giving him a real go at that role, if it doesnt work it doesnt work, but at least he would give us some natural width and would presumably have a better understanding of what it means to help out your full back than the likes of Sproule etc.

.Sean.
31-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Really? i thought hanlon was LB for most of his first season?

The back 4 I remember from Yogi's tenure was usually Wotherspoon, Hogg, Bamba and Murray. McCormack usually got the nod ahead of Hanlon.