PDA

View Full Version : Throw-ins

Seveno
29-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Is it just my relentless optimism or are we beginning to learn how to take a throw-in under the new management ? Still generally hopeless but more going to feet rather than head and retaining possession for about 50%.

Steven_Hibs
29-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Is it just my relentless optimism or are we beginning to learn how to take a throw-in under the new management ? Still generally hopeless but more going to feet rather than head and retaining possession for about 50%.

We are still launching it up the line and hoping that O'connor or Griffiths will jump for it, so I can't see where you are coming from?

shagpile
29-12-2011, 07:52 PM
We are still launching it up the line and hoping that O'connor or Griffiths will jump for it, so I can't see where you are coming from?

I think the thread starter means throws when we are in the opposition half. The throws you are on about are when we are deep in our own half. Watch any league in the world and the standard throw in for most teams in a defensive position is the one up the line.

greenlex
29-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I think so. The thing that was annoying me about them was although there was 100% mre movement from a couple of players the space their movement was creating was not being exploited by either Griffiths or OConnor.
We seemed to have the gist of it on the left side with Booth taking the throw ins and Galbraith and Stevenson making moves but down the right with Spoony throwing Ivan and Towell were making a right mess of it. Early doors yet though.

LancashireHibby
29-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Too much hanging about for my liking and swapping who's taking it etc. Take it quickly and chances are you can take a short one to get the ball along the deck and carry on playing.

Franck Stanton
29-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I think the thread starter means throws when we are in the opposition half. The throws you are on about are when we are deep in our own half. Watch any league in the world and the standard throw in for most teams in a defensive position is the one up the line.

You could be right sp, but did you see the game V D 'Unt ? Whenever they had a throw in in deep defence they lined up as if to throw it up the line, we all moved over to cover them and the thrower threw it into middle of park to unmarked player who had acres of space to set up yet another attack.
Happened time and time again and our super intelegent imposters didn't have enough savvy about them to mark the central player.

IWasThere2016
29-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Our throws are embarrassing at times :agree:

Steven_Hibs
29-12-2011, 10:37 PM

Well in the Inverness game, Wotherspoon threw it long and hoped that Sproule would run onto it, only to see it roll out for a GK??? Such a waste, why does no one come short for the ball and give it back to the player taking the throw in? :confused:

heretoday
29-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Good thread. It's always been a problem for Hibs. Usually the receivers don't help the thrower by running about enough. So he ends up throwing into a 50/50 with an opponent.

The one to O'Rourke for goal no 1 in the 7-0 game was the best!

Steve-O
29-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Good thread. It's always been a problem for Hibs. Usually the receivers don't help the thrower by running about enough. So he ends up throwing into a 50/50 with an opponent.

The one to O'Rourke for goal no 1 in the 7-0 game was the best!

Probably the last time Hibs took a decent throw in sadly!

frazeHFC
29-12-2011, 11:28 PM
There was a slight improvement yesterday or whenever it was we played, but in gerneral i have no faith that we will find our man with throw-ins.