PDA

View Full Version : Derby match - Ian Murray has to play

Seveno
29-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm fed up hearing that he is too slow or past it. He is the only one with the bottle that we need for next Monday.

Hibercelona
29-12-2011, 07:11 PM
For all the problems he's now having with his legs, he still gets stuck in and can show good leadership qualities on the park, something we desperately need.

It's just a shame he's getting quite a bit past it now. A younger Ian Murray would be a godsend for us.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I think he'll play on Monday but not too sure what position

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm fed up hearing that he is too slow or past it. He is the only one with the bottle that we need for next Monday.

If Murray is the only one that has the bottle, then that leaves us with him, and ten others that don't have the bottle? If that is the reality then one player will make no difference.

Hibercelona
29-12-2011, 07:33 PM
If Murray is the only one that has the bottle, then that leaves us with him, and ten others that don't have the bottle? If that is the reality then one player will make no difference.

10 players without bottle is still an improvement over 11 players without bottle IMO.

stoneyburn hibs
29-12-2011, 07:37 PM

yes, he would be my first pick for monday

Steven_Hibs
29-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Murray at centrehalf please :greengrin

Beefster
29-12-2011, 07:39 PM
There is collective amnesia on here. Whenever someone hasn't played for a while, folk think he is the answer.

Hibercelona
29-12-2011, 07:46 PM
There is collective amnesia on here. Whenever someone hasn't played for a while, folk think he is the answer.

Nobody thinks he's the answer to anything.

But any change would make an improvement to our current set up.

stoneyburn hibs
29-12-2011, 07:47 PM

Against that lot on monday he is the answer, you wont see a player in a hibs top give more and want it more than murray against them, sadly that is easy to say given the squad that we have just now

silverhibee
29-12-2011, 07:49 PM

I think Deek will get the winner. :greengrin

Seveno
29-12-2011, 07:50 PM

We need leadership and example. That's what Ian Murray brings to the team and especially a Derby game.

easty
29-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Against that lot on monday he is the answer, you wont see a player in a hibs top give more and want it more than murray against them, sadly that is easy to say given the squad that we have just now

He didn't give enough, or have enough bottle, in the 2-2 game earlier this year. He was at fault for thier equaliser, nae fight or bottle from him when he allowed Webster that header.

I agree with Beefster on this one about the collective amnesia, although I would still definitly play him on Monday. Not because he's got fight in him, or bottle, or even because he's good.......I'd play him as we don't have anybody better at the moment.

easty
29-12-2011, 07:54 PM
I think Deek will get the winner. :greengrin

Maybe he will. Could we have him signed by Monday?

bighairyfaeleith
29-12-2011, 07:56 PM

so what is the answer?

Billy Whizz
29-12-2011, 08:00 PM

Possibly at right back

millarco
29-12-2011, 08:06 PM
We need leadership and example. That's what Ian Murray brings to the team and especially a Derby game.

We don't have anyone in the squad with leadership qualities IMO, Ian Murray included. Clattering into the nearest Jambo doesn't count as leading by example, even if it is quite satisfying to watch. Murray is horrifically slow and doesn't have a good enough reading of the game to compensate. Wouldn't have him near my team, which says a lot given how poor we've been.

Hibs Class
29-12-2011, 08:20 PM
We don't have anyone in the squad with leadership qualities IMO, Ian Murray included. Clattering into the nearest Jambo doesn't count as leading by example, even if it is quite satisfying to watch. Murray is horrifically slow and doesn't have a good enough reading of the game to compensate. Wouldn't have him near my team, which says a lot given how poor we've been.

:agree: I can think of more futile derby performances by Murray than I can effective performances. He may be worth a shot given our current state but I can quite easily see the likes of him or Sproule losing it and leaving us a man down.

Baldy
29-12-2011, 09:03 PM
:agree: I can think of more futile derby performances by Murray than I can effective performances. He may be worth a shot given our current state but I can quite easily see the likes of him or Sproule losing it and leaving us a man down.

Ian Murray has never had a good game against that mob

he loses the plot far too easily and which ultimately makes him as good as a man short

WhileTheChief..
29-12-2011, 09:09 PM
We get the same rallying cry about Murray before every derby match. Not done us much good in the past.

thebakerboy
29-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I feel its time to say yet again we have no decent full backs at the club so I therefore humbly suggest that my 60 years experience of watching Hibs makes me feel that maybe its time to go without full backs and play a sweeper system which might suit Ian Murray down to the ground. We could even then play 2 banks of 3 in front of that and 1 striker up front because this is more about trying not to lose the game first of all. I know we are at home but thats where we are at our poorest. I am not sure about Gary but apart from the free kick he was rubbish last night and Ivan is just a waste of a jersey. So in Pat we trust but I don't feel good about Monday so I hope him and Bobby and Liam can come up with a plan.:pfgwa

silverhibee
29-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I feel its time to say yet again we have no decent full backs at the club so I therefore humbly suggest that my 60 years experience of watching Hibs makes me feel that maybe its time to go without full backs and play a sweeper system which might suit Ian Murray down to the ground. We could even then play 2 banks of 3 in front of that and 1 striker up front because this is more about trying not to lose the game first of all. I know we are at home but thats where we are at our poorest. I am not sure about Gary but apart from the free kick he was rubbish last night and Ivan is just a waste of a jersey. So in Pat we trust but I don't feel good about Monday so I hope him and Bobby and Liam can come up with a plan.:pfgwa

:confused:

greenlex
29-12-2011, 09:35 PM
:confused:
Bobby Brown, Silver. Do keep up.:greengrin

Albion Hibs
29-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Without doubt I would have Murray in the team. Firstly we have not been as strong since he has been out injured, but secondly he understands what a derby is about. We will need the likes of him, O'Connor and Sproule.

As for the poor shout about him being at fault for their second in the 2-2 game, I would suggest that is amnesia. Did you forget the fact they had three players in the 6 yard box that were unmarked and could have scored.

silverhibee
29-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Bobby Brown, Silver. Do keep up.:greengrin

Ah cheers Rod. :greengrin

essexhibee
29-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Waste of a jersey. Slow, can't pass anymore and when we go behind all he will do is make rash challenges and get himself sent off.

3pm
29-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Ian Murray has never had a good game against that mob

he loses the plot far too easily and which ultimately makes him as good as a man short

Pish. Check out who was playing CH the night the 'reserves' won @ Tynecastle. He was outstanding.

essexhibee
29-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Pish. Check out who was playing CH the night the 'reserves' won @ Tynecastle. He was outstanding.

That was going on three years this coming year. Been ***** in ever derby since. He's a liability once we go behind.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2011, 10:05 PM

I thought Alan Gordon was superb in the 7-0 game.

greenlex
29-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Maka was a revelation in goals too.:devil:

3pm
29-12-2011, 10:17 PM
That was going on three years this coming year. Been ***** in ever derby since. He's a liability once we go behind.

We've hardly scored a goal since then so I suspect he's not alone. However, the statement said he'd never had a good game. I didn't realise there was a time on it?!

3pm
29-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I thought Alan Gordon was superb in the 7-0 game.

See answer above!

Steve-O
29-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Agreed. Has never been a good captain and is now past it. Has played in plenty previous derbies and has made little impact other than some horrific fouls and stupid haircuts.

3pm
29-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Maka was a revelation in goals too.:devil:

:o)

Was he in goals that night?! They must have been really pish! Just as well Murray played well! :o)

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I am not doubting Murray's credentials. i don't doubt that if he was an ordinary joe like the rest of us he would be amongst us in the stands. But.....I get the feeling from some of the postings that the expectation is that he will whoosh in like a super hero and lead us to a courageous victory. Now firstly, if all that is all that is wrong with our team, is a dash of moral fibre, then count me in. But if you suspect, like I do, that it goes maybe a wee bit deeper, then a bit of perpective perhaps.

AlbertK86
29-12-2011, 10:38 PM

Not the best player in the world but miles better than the current centre halves and the rest of the imposters

Albion Hibs
29-12-2011, 10:40 PM
What is all this gash about "liability once we go behind" - firstly well done on the positive attitude getting behind the team, secondly as apposed to what...the rest of the game changers we have in the team? Please point those ones out to me.

millarco
29-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Not the best player in the world but miles better than the current centre halves and the rest of the imposters

What qualities does Ian Murray possess that would make him a better option at centre-half? Or full-back/midfield for that matter?

Beefster
30-12-2011, 08:28 AM
so what is the answer?

Probably a better squad.

I don't think someone with the pace of my Gran, who was ripped a new ******** by the mighty Ayr United, is though. The vast majority wanted him released not that long ago.

Andy74
30-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Murray in derbies has summed us up - whenever we do try and get physical to match Hearts we aren't very good or subtle about it. Murray generally makes an ealry rash tackle and can do little else for the rest of the game.

Scott did it recently too when we thought he might be the asnwer for these games.

This is where I think Black needs some credit. He bosses these games but seems to avoid getting in too much trouble. We're guaranteed to get early bookings or the likes of Murray or Sproule sent off.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2011, 03:19 PM
We get the same rallying cry about Murray before every derby match. Not done us much good in the past.

:agree: Jambo's will be pi$$in themselves if they see us clamouring for Murray as the answer against them.

Teuchter Hibbie
30-12-2011, 07:33 PM

:agree:

Cabbage East
30-12-2011, 08:29 PM
I'd have Nid in the team against the debt riddled nonces.

SMAXXA
30-12-2011, 08:34 PM
:agree:

In place of who?

Elephant Stone
30-12-2011, 08:40 PM
First name on the team sheet. The team's crying out for leadership and a competent centre half.

monktonharp
30-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Murray in derbies has summed us up - whenever we do try and get physical to match Hearts we aren't very good or subtle about it. Murray generally makes an ealry rash tackle and can do little else for the rest of the game.

Scott did it recently too when we thought he might be the asnwer for these games.

This is where I think Black needs some credit. He bosses these games but seems to avoid getting in too much trouble. We're guaranteed to get early bookings or the likes of Murray or Sproule sent off.:agree:I do worry about the two of them,clattering in early as both wll definately be fired up from the start. Ido think though, for this particular derby that Nid must start ....in the midfield as we have little else there that can compete as required for this game. Sroule, yeah but as a late sub, if were losing or winning.

SMAXXA
30-12-2011, 08:49 PM
A recon I would play him in the middle of the park, shunt Galbraith and Wotherspoon and bring in Murray and Jimmy Scott. Give a bit more dig with Murray Stevo and Jimmy at the centre of things. You could even drop Ivan bring Hanlon back in and play him centre mid and push Lewis out left. Try make it as tough as poss in the midfield.

Oooops this is Hibs.net I thought I was still playing football manager :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

FWIW I think it will be a similar team of late with little change.

Bostonhibby
30-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Waste of a jersey. Slow, can't pass anymore and when we go behind all he will do is make rash challenges and get himself sent off.

I can see the case for IM given our current plight. I don't think there'd be any doubt about effort on his part, but it could be a race between him and Ivan to see who gets sent off first though :wink:

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2011, 09:12 PM
First name on the team sheet. The team's crying out for leadership and a competent centre half.

Unfortunately he's not the answer on both counts! Not on his previous showings anyway.

Elephant Stone
30-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately he's not the answer on both counts! Not on his previous showings anyway.

Maybe not the long term answer but from what's available he definitely is the answer for this match.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Maybe not the long term answer but from what's available he definitely is the answer for this match.

I would love it to be so but I just don't think he is capable of the type of performance you are talking about anymore. Go on IM prove me wrong FFS.:greengrin

down the slope
30-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Some folk on here were asking that we sign Davie Weir , he can give Murray ten years so the idea that he getting on a bit is rubbish. It was not long ago that Murray was playing left back and he was able to get to the byline which i seem to remember got us a few goals, he cannot be worse than Spoony at RB and should be in the team on Monday.

Scouse Hibee
30-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Some folk on here were asking that we sign Davie Weir , he can give Murray ten years so the idea that he getting on a bit is rubbish. It was not long ago that Murray was playing left back and he was able to get to the byline which i seem to remember got us a few goals, he cannot be worse than Spoony at RB and should be in the team on Monday.

Well lets hope if his is in the team he manages to meet expectations!

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Well lets hope if his is in the team he manages to meet expectations!

I'm quite certain he will meet mine.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2012, 04:42 PM

He met mine!

Jonnyboy
02-01-2012, 09:55 PM

Sad that he let you down G? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Sad that he let you down G? :greengrin

Hi John Happy new year. :thumbsup: Yesterday i thought Murray played well, and i will say it again. IF he played like that every week, he'd deserve his place in the team on merit.

Will he play that well next week, thats the question? History tells me he wont, he's just another player these days who imo has the odd good game, then a run of average to poor ones.

Lets be honest John, this is a terrible side. And if they all left in January, would anyone really care?