PDA

View Full Version : Out of contract?

Fat Penlon
29-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I know Pat doesn't fancy agogo, thornhill or sodje so they will likely move on in january but who is out of contract in the summer? I'm sure i read somewhere that there were quite a few?

puff the dragon
29-12-2011, 02:30 PM
unfortunately it's not everyone.

hibee_girl
29-12-2011, 02:31 PM
O'Connor and Stevenson are out of contract too.

Prawn Sandwich
29-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Stack and Brown too.

Mark79
29-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Pallson thankfully.

horseflesh
29-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Are Thornhill, Agogo and Sodje out of contract in January? If not I cant see them moving anywhere - who would want them?

Fat Penlon
29-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Are Thornhill, Agogo and Sodje out of contract in January? If not I cant see them moving anywhere - who would want them?

I'm assuming they will want to head back down south to find new clubs rather than be frozen out up here?

horseflesh
29-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Hopefully your right, but surely nobody is gonna give up a regular income to end up on the dole? Managers often say that you struggle to get quality players in the January window and these 3 prove that saying correct

truehibernian
29-12-2011, 02:53 PM
From what I am hearing, I think we will see a very different Hibs next season, regardless of which league. I fully expect many of the 19's in the side with some real experience in key positions. PF rates the youngsters and again, only from a couple of coaches, is voicing that he would like to get them into the first team as soon as possible. As a massive supporter of promoting youth I can only see good times ahead.....assuming we get the spine of the team having the said necessary experience. From keeper to striker, through the middle of the park we should have good, wise old heads.......playing around them we should have youth, energy and vibrancy.

There are those that will always advise with caution throwing youngsters in, especially when form is poor.....I am the opposite......they get a wee bit more grace, time and allowance from the support. For me 3 or 4 are ready........so put them in.

Another thing I have noted is how good the support is away from home. Far more vocal, far more positive and far more generous this season. This simply has to be transformed at home.........howls of derision start from kick off, which for me, is unacceptable. Sorry to voice it but the home support has been really poor this season regardless of form. Quite venomous in places and directed at certain players. By all means we can have our say on players after the game and on messageboards (I most certainly do).....but get behind the lads despite what you think of them (at the game). And please....it's not a 'blame the fans' argument.....I just feel we have, in a way , let the club down a wee bit by being so ultra negative at home this season. Understandable to a point, but not when it's directed at players before kick off, during warm up's and when they are taking throw's, corners etc.....unacceptable for me, sorry.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2011, 03:00 PM
From what I am hearing, I think we will see a very different Hibs next season, regardless of which league. I fully expect many of the 19's in the side with some real experience in key positions. PF rates the youngsters and again, only from a couple of coaches, is voicing that he would like to get them into the first team as soon as possible. As a massive supporter of promoting youth I can only see good times ahead.....assuming we get the spine of the team having the said necessary experience. From keeper to striker, through the middle of the park we should have good, wise old heads.......playing around them we should have youth, energy and vibrancy.

There are those that will always advise with caution throwing youngsters in, especially when form is poor.....I am the opposite......they get a wee bit more grace, time and allowance from the support. For me 3 or 4 are ready........so put them in.

Another thing I have noted is how good the support is away from home. Far more vocal, far more positive and far more generous this season. This simply has to be transformed at home.........howls of derision start from kick off, which for me, is unacceptable. Sorry to voice it but the home support has been really poor this season regardless of form. Quite venomous in places and directed at certain players. By all means we can have our say on players after the game and on messageboards (I most certainly do).....but get behind the lads despite what you think of them (at the game). And please....it's not a 'blame the fans' argument.....I just feel we have, in a way , let the club down a wee bit by being so ultra negative at home this season. Understandable to a point, but not when it's directed at players before kick off, during warm up's and when they are taking throw's, corners etc.....unacceptable for me, sorry.

Who are the 3 or 4 you think are ready for 1st team football?

Sir David Gray
29-12-2011, 03:07 PM
January 2012

Leigh Griffiths

Summer 2012

Graham Stack
Michael Hart
Ian Murray
Garry O'Connor
Lewis Stevenson
Junior Agogo
Victor Palsson
Akpo Sodje
Richie Towell
Mark Brown
Sean Welsh

Summer 2013

Sean O'Hanlon
David Wotherspoon
Danny Galbraith
Matt Thornhill
Ivan Sproule (Haven't actually found anything definite saying how long Sproule signed for but I think this is right)
David Stephens
Isaiah Osbourne
Eoin Doyle

Summer 2014

Martin Scott
Danny Handling

Summer 2015

Callum Booth

Summer 2016

Paul Hanlon

Fat Penlon
29-12-2011, 03:13 PM
January 2012

Leigh Griffiths

Summer 2012

Graham Stack
Michael Hart
Ian Murray
Garry O'Connor
Lewis Stevenson
Junior Agogo
Victor Palsson
Akpo Sodje
Richie Towell
Mark Brown
Sean Welsh

Summer 2013

Sean O'Hanlon
David Wotherspoon
Danny Galbraith
Matt Thornhill
Ivan Sproule (Haven't actually found anything definite saying how long Sproule signed for but I think this is right)
David Stephens
Isaiah Osbourne

Summer 2014

Martin Scott
Danny Handling

Summer 2015

Callum Booth

Summer 2016

Paul Hanlon

Thanks!

puff the dragon
29-12-2011, 03:13 PM
January 2012

Leigh Griffiths

Summer 2012

Graham Stack
Michael Hart
Ian Murray
Garry O'Connor
Lewis Stevenson
Junior Agogo
Victor Palsson
Akpo Sodje
Richie Towell
Mark Brown
Sean Welsh

Shouldn't waste any time even trying to negotiate an extension for any of them.

truehibernian
29-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Who are the 3 or 4 you think are ready for 1st team football?

Who knows goldenhibby......I am of the opinion that Scott Smith is most certainly worth bringing back and slotting into left back. I like the look of Handling before Caldwell I have to say. Very surprised Sean Welsh hasn't featured, especially when we have tried everyone esle at bloody right back....he is quite composed and good on the deck.

We really really do lack both creativity from midfield and goals from midfield.....I cannot remember the last McGinlay type, someone who would get you 10 goals from the middle every week....we don't even have full backs that really get forward either.

I do think we need to start getting them involved...........loans to the lower leagues are fine, but if you watch an Arbroath game or East Stirling game, for me, they don't really learn about the SPL and playing around better players. They make you more physical, true......but if you are a technical player, that should (and often does) overtake physicality.........I think we wrap up the young lads too much IMHO.

patlowe
29-12-2011, 03:15 PM
January 2012

Leigh Griffiths

Summer 2012

Graham Stack
Michael Hart
Ian Murray
Garry O'Connor
Lewis Stevenson
Junior Agogo
Victor Palsson
Akpo Sodje
Richie Towell
Mark Brown
Sean Welsh

Summer 2013

Sean O'Hanlon
David Wotherspoon
Danny Galbraith
Matt Thornhill
David Stephens
Isaiah Osbourne

Summer 2014

Martin Scott
Danny Handling

Summer 2015

Callum Booth

Summer 2016

Paul Hanlon

There's a glimmer of hope in all that. Almost all the players worth keeping on have longish contracts while almost all of those out of contract next year can either be punted in January or let go in the summer. If we survive this season then Fenlon can completely rebuild, hopefully bringing in some quality and experience to supplement Wotherspoon, Stephens, Booth, Osbourne, Hanlon and the other youngsters.

Keith_M
29-12-2011, 03:21 PM
...I cannot remember the last McGinlay type, someone who would get you 10 goals from the middle every week...

Must have been some player!!!!!!

Andy74
29-12-2011, 03:24 PM
There's a glimmer of hope in all that. Almost all the players worth keeping on have longish contracts while almost all of those out of contract next year can either be punted in January or let go in the summer. If we survive this season then Fenlon can completely rebuild, hopefully bringing in some quality and experience to supplement Wotherspoon, Stephens, Booth, Osbourne, Hanlon and the other youngsters.

It's like Groundhog Day. A pity CC 'messed' up his chance to do this last year.

bingo70
29-12-2011, 03:54 PM
On a sidenote thornhill must be absolutely honking in training if fenlon thinks he would offer even less than towell did last night.

BEEJ
29-12-2011, 03:54 PM
January 2012

Leigh Griffiths

Summer 2012

Graham Stack
Michael Hart
Ian Murray
Garry O'Connor
Lewis Stevenson
Junior Agogo
Victor Palsson
Akpo Sodje
Richie Towell
Mark Brown
Sean Welsh
Eoin Doyle

Summer 2013

Sean O'Hanlon
David Wotherspoon
Danny Galbraith
Matt Thornhill
David Stephens
Isaiah Osbourne

Summer 2014

Martin Scott
Danny Handling

Summer 2015

Callum Booth

Summer 2016

Paul Hanlon
Doyle is Summer 2013 - unless you've heard he's already looking to move on sooner. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
29-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Doyle is Summer 2013 - unless you've heard he's already looking to move on sooner. :greengrin

So he is.

I knew he had signed for 18 months but for some reason thought that we were still in 2010. :greengrin

Now changed.

GreenCastle
29-12-2011, 04:14 PM
When does LG loan contract expire ?

BEEJ
29-12-2011, 04:15 PM
When does LG loan contract expire ?
9th January.

nortonhibby
29-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Shouldn't waste any time even trying to negotiate an extension for any of them.

MM At Wolves is on record saying he does not want LG Back.

Cropley10
29-12-2011, 04:26 PM
On a sidenote thornhill must be absolutely honking in training if fenlon thinks he would offer even less than towell did last night.

Think it's an attitude thing with Thornhill (and Agogo) rather than ability.

Sure Billy Brown will have marked his new gaffer's card in terms of who has got the right stuff and who hasn't.

Thornhill arrived injured, had one or two games AT BEST where he looked like there might be something there and then gave a performance in the Derby at Tynecastle that was a disgrace. Not been seen since. Is he still injured?

Teuchter Hibbie
29-12-2011, 04:26 PM
January 2012

Leigh Griffiths

Summer 2012

Graham Stack
Michael Hart
Ian Murray
Garry O'Connor
Lewis Stevenson
Junior Agogo
Victor Palsson
Akpo Sodje
Richie Towell
Mark Brown
Sean Welsh

Summer 2013

Sean O'Hanlon
David Wotherspoon
Danny Galbraith
Matt Thornhill
David Stephens
Isaiah Osbourne
Eoin Doyle

Summer 2014

Martin Scott
Danny Handling

Summer 2015

Callum Booth

Summer 2016

Paul Hanlon

:bye: at least

Sir David Gray
29-12-2011, 04:49 PM
:bye: at least

It's going to be tough to get rid of players who have 18 months left on their contracts, unless clubs come in with an offer to buy them, which I can't possibly imagine that anyone will be willing to do with any of our players.

Personally, I would quite happily get rid of;

Hart
Murray
Agogo
Sodje
Palsson
Towell
O'Hanlon
Wotherspoon
Galbraith
Thornhill
Stephens
Scott

Which would give us a squad of;

Stack
Brown
Hanlon
Booth
Stevenson
Sproule
Osbourne
Welsh
Handling
O'Connor
Griffiths
Doyle

Of those 11 players remaining (I'm not including Doyle as I've never seen him), I wouldn't be bothered if any of them left.

Hibs Class
29-12-2011, 05:31 PM

Birmingham? :pray:

Teuchter Hibbie
29-12-2011, 05:59 PM
It's going to be tough to get rid of players who have 18 months left on their contracts, unless clubs come in with an offer to buy them, which I can't possibly imagine that anyone will be willing to do with any of our players.

Personally, I would quite happily get rid of;

Hart
Murray
Agogo
Sodje
Palsson
Towell
O'Hanlon
Wotherspoon
Galbraith
Thornhill
Stephens
Scott

Which would give us a squad of;

Stack
Brown
Hanlon
Booth
Stevenson
Sproule
Osbourne
Welsh
Handling
O'Connor
Griffiths
Doyle

Of those 11 players remaining (I'm not including Doyle as I've never seen him), I wouldn't be bothered if any of them left.

aye true, i was thinking in an ideal world who i'd get shot of first. from your choice, i would agree with you for the most part, but i'd opt to keep wotherspoon, scott, murray and maybe if id had a few drams galbraith.

Sergeant Hibs
29-12-2011, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;3054692]January 2012

Leigh Griffiths - Get Rid

Summer 2012

Graham Stack - Keep
Michael Hart - Get Rid
Ian Murray - Get him as a coach
Garry O'Connor - Keep (if possible)
Lewis Stevenson - Keep
Junior Agogo - Get Rid
Victor Palsson - Get Rid
Akpo Sodje - Get Rid
Richie Towell - Undecided
Mark Brown - Get Rid
Sean Welsh - One year deal

scoopyboy
29-12-2011, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;3054692]January 2012

Leigh Griffiths - Get Rid

Summer 2012

Graham Stack - Keep
Michael Hart - Get Rid
Ian Murray - Get him as a coach
Garry O'Connor - Keep (if possible)
Lewis Stevenson - Keep
Junior Agogo - Get Rid
Victor Palsson - Get Rid
Akpo Sodje - Get Rid
Richie Towell - UndecidedMark Brown - Get Rid
Sean Welsh - One year deal

Towell is only here on loan so it may not be our decision, personally I would put him back to Celtic now if it helped PF get another player in.

Billy Whizz
29-12-2011, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Sergeant Hibs;3055059]

Towell is only here on loan so it may not be our decision, personally I would put him back to Celtic now if it helped PF get another player in.

I think Towell was a season long loan

scoopyboy
29-12-2011, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=scoopyboy;3055075]

I think Towell was a season long loan

You are correct, however sometimes they can be reviewed by either side in the January window.

Sergeant Hibs
29-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes i know he's on loan but I'm undecided whether we can attract snyone better than him or if we can try to make it permanent anyway who in their right mind would want to play for hibs

Franck is God
29-12-2011, 08:18 PM
From our current first team squad I would like to begin next season with the following players.

GK - Brown, Antell

DF - Stephens, Hanlon, Booth

MF - Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Palsson, Osbourne, Welsh

ST - O'Connor, Doyle

I would be comfortable letting Stack, Hart, Murray, Towell, Sodje and Griffiths leave without offering new deals. T

The likes of Galbraith, O'Hanlon, Scott & Sproule have deals beyond next summer but for me haven't shown that they have what it takes to improve the team, I want Galbraith to do well but he's just not taking the chances he's getting.

I do have high hopes for the a number of the under 19's and the players out on loan and can see Crawford, Handling, Caldwell, Smith, Forster, Horribine, Gold & Stanton getting a chance in the next season or two.

Speedy
29-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Hopefully your right, but surely nobody is gonna give up a regular income to end up on the dole? Managers often say that you struggle to get quality players in the January window and these 3 prove that saying correct

(Assuming they are contracted until the end of the season) They'll probably be told they are free to leave and if they are still here on the last day of the window then they may cancel their contract by mutual consent i.e. they will get 2 or 3 months wages as a settlement. The club saves 2 or 3 months wages and the player has a bit of a gamble because they may get a club straight away and end up getting paid twice but then again they might not get a club.

On a similar note, I heard Ian Black was doing some painting and decorating work to cover the gaps in his Hearts salary :greengrin

McD
29-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Who knows goldenhibby......I am of the opinion that Scott Smith is most certainly worth bringing back and slotting into left back. I like the look of Handling before Caldwell I have to say. Very surprised Sean Welsh hasn't featured, especially when we have tried everyone esle at bloody right back....he is quite composed and good on the deck.

We really really do lack both creativity from midfield and goals from midfield.....I cannot remember the last McGinlay type, someone who would get you 10 goals from the middle every week....we don't even have full backs that really get forward either.

I do think we need to start getting them involved...........loans to the lower leagues are fine, but if you watch an Arbroath game or East Stirling game, for me, they don't really learn about the SPL and playing around better players. They make you more physical, true......but if you are a technical player, that should (and often does) overtake physicality.........I think we wrap up the young lads too much IMHO.

Been saying for a couple of years (since the 19s done their double) that Welsh was a cracking talent, and would be worth a go at right back (couldn't see him breaking into the then first team centre midfield). Laddie has a lot of talent and potential. One could say if he's not done it under 3 managers now, he never will, could also say that the club has been in terrible upheaval throughout that time, he's had a few bad injuries, as well as the summer incident with Scott. Either way, I hope he gets a chance to prive he can or can't cut it for the first team.

Sergeant Hibs
30-12-2011, 12:24 AM
From our current first team squad I would like to begin next season with the following players.

GK - Brown, Antell

DF - Stephens, Hanlon, Booth

MF - Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Osbourne, Welsh

ST - O'Connor, Doyle

I would be comfortable letting Stack, Hart, Murray, Towell, Sodje and Griffiths leave without offering new deals. T

The likes of Galbraith, O'Hanlon, Scott & Sproule have deals beyond next summer but for me haven't shown that they have what it takes to improve the team, I want Galbraith to do well but he's just not taking the chances he's getting.

I do have high hopes for the a number of the under 19's and the players
out on loan and can see Crawford, Handling, Caldwell, Smith, Forster, Horribine, Gold & Stanton getting a chance in the next season or two.

Fixed that for you