PDA

View Full Version : Booooooooo

SMAXXA
29-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Just watching the game on ALBA, recorded it as was out earlier, did I just hear the Hibs fans booo the players off at half time?

Couldnt help but think that it must be pretty crap for our team to be playing at ER these days knowing thats what they are up against, dont get me wrong I understand that people pay there cash and entitled to their opinion but it just felt like well a bit harsh. a draw at half time at home against Inverness given our current form aint that bad surley?

If I have misheared ignore this :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2011, 02:19 AM
i may be wrong, but i think the booing was for the referee after a decision against us just before HT, i was listening on the radio, i've not watched it :dunno:

Holmesdale Hibs
29-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Some, or from where I was sitting, most of the boos were for the linesman on front of the east stand who made a bad decision about a corner just before half time. He almost made another shocker in the second half but the ref overruled him. Neither were big decisions that affected the outcome of the game.

The atmosphere in the first half was reasonably positive and turned a bit in the second.

SMAXXA
29-12-2011, 02:23 AM
i may be wrong, but i think the booing was for the referee after a decision against us just before HT, i was listening on the radio, i've not watched it :dunno:

Could well have been mate, I didnt catch it just cought the booing, serves me right for replying to posts on dot neeeeet :wink:

Hibercelona
29-12-2011, 02:25 AM
A team gets the atmosphere it deserves.

If it doesn't earn a good atmosphere, then it wont get one.

edinburghhibee
29-12-2011, 03:54 AM
I take it you watched the 1st half of the game then? because if you did you would have seen just how bad we were. Apart from the freekick did we really trouble Esson?? we were at home tonight and we managed 2 attempts on goal (in the first half) into a team sitting just above us in the league both of which were free kicks. I was one of he supporters who boo'd the team off the park at half time and my reasons are that

They show no heart, no desire to win the first or the second balls. They *****e out tackles time after time, they cannot find a hibs jersey when its our throw in, instead they just throw the ball up the line and hope for the best. We are shocking and the players and coaches need to be made aware that this is not acceptable at our club.

We managed 2 fresh air kicks tonight (Spoony and Stevens). We turn our backs on the ball everytime someone lines up to cross of shoot. At one point in the second halve someone (poss Spoony aloud the ball to run right across his body and into our own penalty box its embarrassing to watch them, expecially when I can go to any amature game on a saturday and they wouldn't do half these things as offen as our players do.

Danny and Ivan should never get given a Hibs shirt to wear on that park again both are terrible and are complete wastes of space, Gaz well... for the size of a boy he is he should be bullying centre halves and ragdolling them around the park causing them all kinds of trouble, instead he doesn't challenge for headers, fails to trap the ball dead first time and has no awareness of what is around him. Sparky is constantly trying stupid flicks and trying to beat people were there is an easy two-three yard pass, he misses chances that he should be scoring 9/10 times (Celtic/Dunfermline/Dundee Utd to name but a few).

Appologies for the rant but I'm really p!ssed off the night with these players. Wish we could just no bother paying them like Hearts and tell them yer no getting paid until you put in performances...:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

stanton10
29-12-2011, 07:55 AM
I take it you watched the 1st half of the game then? because if you did you would have seen just how bad we were. Apart from the freekick did we really trouble Esson?? we were at home tonight and we managed 2 attempts on goal (in the first half) into a team sitting just above us in the league both of which were free kicks. I was one of he supporters who boo'd the team off the park at half time and my reasons are that

They show no heart, no desire to win the first or the second balls. They *****e out tackles time after time, they cannot find a hibs jersey when its our throw in, instead they just throw the ball up the line and hope for the best. We are shocking and the players and coaches need to be made aware that this is not acceptable at our club.

We managed 2 fresh air kicks tonight (Spoony and Stevens). We turn our backs on the ball everytime someone lines up to cross of shoot. At one point in the second halve someone (poss Spoony aloud the ball to run right across his body and into our own penalty box its embarrassing to watch them, expecially when I can go to any amature game on a saturday and they wouldn't do half these things as offen as our players do.

Danny and Ivan should never get given a Hibs shirt to wear on that park again both are terrible and are complete wastes of space, Gaz well... for the size of a boy he is he should be bullying centre halves and ragdolling them around the park causing them all kinds of trouble, instead he doesn't challenge for headers, fails to trap the ball dead first time and has no awareness of what is around him. Sparky is constantly trying stupid flicks and trying to beat people were there is an easy two-three yard pass, he misses chances that he should be scoring 9/10 times (Celtic/Dunfermline/Dundee Utd to name but a few).

Appologies for the rant but I'm really p!ssed off the night with these players. Wish we could just no bother paying them like Hearts and tell them yer no getting paid until you put in performances...:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall

Another good constructive thread i agree totaly

bigwheel
29-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Another good constructive thread i agree totaly
This joker has to be a yam - every post you have had is destructive -

Beefster
29-12-2011, 08:33 AM
The Hibs crowd is bi-polar these days. Hibs teams boo'd off at half-time but cheered on after the break. Players abused throughout the game but given an ovation upon being subbed. It's barmy.

The booing at half-time was ridiculous but is more a symptom of folk being cheesed off with the years of utter mediocrity than us drawing with ICT at home IMO.

BEEJ
29-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Some, or from where I was sitting, most of the boos were for the linesman on front of the east stand who made a bad decision about a corner just before half time. He almost made another shocker in the second half but the ref overruled him. Neither were big decisions that affected the outcome of the game.

The atmosphere in the first half was reasonably positive and turned a bit in the second.
:agree: Yeah, we should have been awarded a corner just before half-time. Dozy linesman awarded a goal-kick instead.

bighairyfaeleith
29-12-2011, 09:59 AM
the booing was clearly aimed at the linesman and ref, anyone at the game could see that so i can only assume that everyone on here slating the fans wasn't at the game:rolleyes:

Andy74
29-12-2011, 10:01 AM
the booing was clearly aimed at the linesman and ref, anyone at the game could see that so i can only assume that everyone on here slating the fans wasn't at the game:rolleyes:

I don't think it was that clear at all, just like the final whistle I think plenty were booing the team at half time.

bighairyfaeleith
29-12-2011, 10:05 AM
I don't think it was that clear at all, just like the final whistle I think plenty were booing the team at half time.

not from where I was standing, wasn't there at the final whistle as left at 85 but at half time the booing was clearly for the ref and linesman.

Green_one
29-12-2011, 10:06 AM

I was at the game and at best the booing was ambiguous. Save the booing for the official as he comes down the tunnel. That guy got abuse / mock applause, all the second half. It was the only entertaining thing to happen. I got the impression he was just not concentrating. Fans were abusing him for Hibs and ICT decisions.

Andy74
29-12-2011, 10:12 AM
not from where I was standing, wasn't there at the final whistle as left at 85 but at half time the booing was clearly for the ref and linesman.

I don't think you can use the word clearly as it simply wasn't clear at all. The ref/linesman incidents were a fair bit before the whistle and the booing was widespread and immediate, it wasn't saved for the ref going down the tunnel and there was no boos at all by the time the refs did go down the tunnel.

Around me the boos were added to with the usual 'that's ***** Hibs' and other stuff that goes with the boos when aimed at the team.

bighairyfaeleith
29-12-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't think you can use the word clearly as it simply wasn't clear at all. The ref/linesman incidents were a fair bit before the whistle and the booing was widespread and immediate, it wasn't saved for the ref going down the tunnel and there was no boos at all by the time the refs did go down the tunnel.

Around me the boos were added to with the usual 'that's ***** Hibs' and other stuff that goes with the boos when aimed at the team.

Not around me it wasnt and so I will use the term clearly thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

bighairyfaeleith
29-12-2011, 10:30 AM

TBH I think the booing is in true hibs.net style being made into a far bigger thing than it was. Your right though the linesman clearly couldnt be arsed until everyone got on his back and suddenly all his decisions were spot on.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
29-12-2011, 10:30 AM
A team gets the atmosphere it deserves.

If it doesn't earn a good atmosphere, then it wont get one.

100% correct

Postman
29-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Just watching the game on ALBA, recorded it as was out earlier, did I just hear the Hibs fans booo the players off at half time?

Couldnt help but think that it must be pretty crap for our team to be playing at ER these days knowing thats what they are up against, dont get me wrong I understand that people pay there cash and entitled to their opinion but it just felt like well a bit harsh. a draw at half time at home against Inverness given our current form aint that bad surley?

If I have misheared ignore this :wink:

Go to the games and you can make up your own mind what the booing is for otherwise don't come on here and have a go at people who have paid there money to be there! Its a lot worse for them turning up to less than 7k at kick off than it is to have some booing at half time!!

FWIW my booing was aimed at the players, they were brutal last night and the sooner that Fenlon finds replacements for them the better

hibbiedon
29-12-2011, 10:40 AM
100% correct

Very true poor performance gets bad atmosphere gets even poorer performance gets even worse atmosphere blah blah. I better watch on monday, i usually shout abuse at the yams some may think thats me supporting them

Sammy7nil
29-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I remember being at ER Scottish Cup (early 90'sw i think) we got beat 2 - 0 by Airdrie the players were clapped off the pitch.

They Battered Airdrie hit the bar , post their keeper was great and we just had a day when the ball would not go in.

Airdrie scored with both attempts on Goal.

The crowd knew the players had put in a shift and it was jusy one of those days so they never got on their back and players were applauded off despite the disappointment of the fans.

All fans ask for is effort and a bit of creativity.

erin go bragh
29-12-2011, 11:29 AM

What about the booing at the end of the game ? I just dont understand our own fans who are on our own players backs as soon as any of them make a mistake , ffs ,like thats going to help, our east stand which used to back the team the most , now the east would be aswell singing songs for the away teams .[singing section excluded] but even the ss hardly sang last night . tin hat on but if a player makes a mistake in the derby are they going to get pelters or are we going to sing and roar the team on ?

ggtth

SMAXXA
29-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Go to the games and you can make up your own mind what the booing is for otherwise don't come on here and have a go at people who have paid there money to be there! Its a lot worse for them turning up to less than 7k at kick off than it is to have some booing at half time!!

FWIW my booing was aimed at the players, they were brutal last night and the sooner that Fenlon finds replacements for them the better

I will go when I can, maybe in your life you have no other committments but I actually do. Not that I need to explain myself to you, I was at the UTD game on xmas eve but couldnt make last night, I have been a Hibs fan for long enough and have the right to ask a question / air my view. I also dont see where I was having a go at people?

Engage brain next time and actually read what I wrote.

Kojock
29-12-2011, 12:29 PM

I was in the West Upper and the booing was definately directed at the Hibs players.

Postman
29-12-2011, 12:31 PM
I will go when I can, maybe in your life you have no other committments but I actually do. Not that I need to explain myself to you, I was at the UTD game on xmas eve but couldnt make last night, I have been a Hibs fan for long enough and have the right to ask a question / air my view. I also dont see where I was having a go at people?

Engage brain next time and actually read what I wrote.

Aye, everyone has other 'commitments' when the team are playing so poorly it seems!

You implied that we should not be booing at half time despite the level of performance we are being treated to right now?! If I see a level of commitment from the players then they will get my 100% support but last night wasn't even close to that. Much more of that this season and more and more people will be watching games on Alba just like yourself in future

TornadoHibby
29-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I remember being at ER Scottish Cup (early 90'sw i think) we got beat 2 - 0 by Airdrie the players were clapped off the pitch.

They Battered Airdrie hit the bar , post their keeper was great and we just had a day when the ball would not go in.

Airdrie scored with both attempts on Goal.

The crowd knew the players had put in a shift and it was jusy one of those days so they never got on their back and players were applauded off despite the disappointment of the fans.

All fans ask for is effort and a bit of creativity.

:top marks

These make such a huge difference to individual and team performances and to the fan's enjoyment of and reaction(s) to the match IMO! :agree:

Pretty Boy
29-12-2011, 12:39 PM

Uber fan alert.

TrinityHibs
29-12-2011, 12:45 PM

Other than the booing bit I agree with you 100%

Postman
29-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Uber fan alert.

Don't claim to be an 'Uber fan' whatever exactly that is but don't think those who were at the games reactions to the performance should be questioned by those who were not. Its an extremely frustrating time to be a Hibby right now!

The OP is correct in that ER will not be a good place to be playing at the minute but only the players can change that

SMAXXA
29-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Aye, everyone has other 'commitments' when the team are playing so poorly it seems!

You implied that we should not be booing at half time despite the level of performance we are being treated to right now?! If I see a level of commitment from the players then they will get my 100% support but last night wasn't even close to that. Much more of that this season and more and more people will be watching games on Alba just like yourself in future

I dont think I implied that at all, I gave my opinion which I am entitled to but also acknowledged that people pay their cash and are entitled to do as they please.

You make it sound like unless you were at the game or go to every Hibs game that people are not entitled to their views, your no more of a fan than me and likewise me none more than you but dont be so narrow minded to think you are any more of a fan because you were there last night / attend every game etc and you have the right to tell people like me not to comment / ask questions on Hibs.

Merry Xmas

Hibrandenburg
29-12-2011, 01:26 PM
How the mighty have fallen. It's a sad state of affairs when our only claim to fame at the moment is being "ICT's bogey team".

Postman
29-12-2011, 01:30 PM
I dont think I implied that at all, I gave my opinion which I am entitled to but also acknowledged that people pay their cash and are entitled to do as they please.

You make it sound like unless you were at the game or go to every Hibs game that people are not entitled to their views, your no more of a fan than me and likewise me none more than you but dont be so narrow minded to think you are any more of a fan because you were there last night / attend every game etc and you have the right to tell people like me not to comment / ask questions on Hibs.

Merry Xmas

Smaxxa

I do not claim to be any more of a Hibs fan due to attendance of games I just feel the players are deserving of the response they are getting right now and if you'd been there last night you may have reacted in the same way.

Clapping them off at half time would suggest people are happy with the effort they are putting in right now and I for one am not!

jodjam
29-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I started boo'ing as soon as chubbs lost the toss at the start of the game :wink:

greenlex
29-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Just watched the first half in its entirety on Alba just now. Clearly booing the players.I don't really know why either. They are no world beaters but gave their all. Defensively tidy and efficient enough. Two attempts at goal by Inverness and about he same for us. Their goal was a good goal. Only complaint from me would have been Galbraith going to ground and Towell not even attempting anything other than run right across the guy.O'Hanlon should have seen red. OConnor went down easy although it can't be classed a a dive as there was contact.Now for the second half.

Ferryhibby
29-12-2011, 07:19 PM
What about the booing at the end of the game ? I just dont understand our own fans who are on our own players backs as soon as any of them make a mistake , ffs ,like thats going to help, our east stand which used to back the team the most , now the east would be aswell singing songs for the away teams .[singing section excluded] but even the ss hardly sang last night . tin hat on but if a player makes a mistake in the derby are they going to get pelters or are we going to sing and roar the team on ?

ggtth

:clapper: spot on mate ive been saying for a while now that it cany be very welcoming for the players to hear their own fans booing them when they make a mistake, ok so some people pay their money and think its better to slag the team off for 90 mins instead of showing a bit of support, that is their perogitive, i sit in front of two of them in the west stand who have been doing it for years, but right now, we know the team arnt good enough but they need some encouragement if we are to get away from the relegation zone.

skipster7
29-12-2011, 07:30 PM
i booed them because they were shocking, unable to put together 2/3 passes and looked hopeless.i then clapped them back on 2nd half while hoping for a better showing.if that makes me bipolar then so be it:agree:

edinburghhibee
30-12-2011, 02:09 AM
This joker has to be a yam - every post you have had is destructive -

Bigwheel is this reply to me or are you quoting Stanton10 because you think he is a yam???

If this is directed at me tell me which parts of my post are false and if you happen to be right I'll apologies. Fair enough some people would have been booing the linesman but I wasn't if I take my car to get a service and pay hard earned money for it only to find when I drive it out the carpark they've no put the oil in the car I'm certainly not going to be happy they've done a pish job. Why should these wasters be any different?