PDA

View Full Version : Hibs vs ICT - BBC "Highlights"

The Voice Of Reason
29-12-2011, 12:33 AM
Here :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16281341.stm

Great goal by Hayes, wish we had someone in our team who could do that !

Sammy7nil
29-12-2011, 12:37 AM

It was a good goal But I wish we played teams that let guys run 40 yds untackled and then the defence parts like the red sea to allow the shot. It was school boy defending

BEEJ
29-12-2011, 12:37 AM

Even if we did he wouldn't get the same freedom to run like that through wide open spaces in the opposition's ranks.

hibsbollah
29-12-2011, 12:38 AM
After watching it again, nobody in our team 'stands off' or 'runs away' as was claimed earlier. he breaks one tackle with his speed, does a nice jink inside and then gets a rasping shot away. Sometimes you just have to give credit to the attacker.

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Hibs could do with a player like Hayes, someone with a bit of and skill about him. Unfortunately we have 11 useless failures.

oldbutdim
29-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Hibs could do with a player like Hayes, someone with a bit of and skill about him. Unfortunately we have 11 useless failures.

Harsh.

I can think of quite a few that are excellent at being failures.

Sammy7nil
29-12-2011, 12:46 AM
O'hanlon should have put himself the ball and their defender in the net in the last minute.

hibsbollah
29-12-2011, 12:48 AM
In other news, O'Connor was fouled in the box, should have had a penalty and received a yellow card incorrectly. But i doubt anyone will notice since he's now being smeared by everyone as a serial diver:rolleyes:

And O'Hanlon should have had a straight red, as I thought at the time. A potential leg-breaker.

banchoryhibs
29-12-2011, 12:57 AM
After watching it again, nobody in our team 'stands off' or 'runs away' as was claimed earlier. he breaks one tackle with his speed, does a nice jink inside and then gets a rasping shot away. Sometimes you just have to give credit to the attacker.

He took his goal well but FFS he carried the ball from almost the halfway line and nobody challenged him - he simply should never have been given the space or time to score that one. Whilst nobody actually ran away there were plenty of candidates that could, and should, have closed him down - they simply did not so he scored:grr:

As for Garry O - it was a foul, it was not a booking, he should not have been penalised, but he simply goes over far too easily far too often and he'll never now be given the benefit of the doubt (until he signs on at Ibrox). :brickwall

easty
29-12-2011, 01:25 AM

One of our centre halfs should have been there as he was about to shoot. Just outside the box and straight down the centre of the park, that's thier territory. O'Hanlon gets dragged away well by the striker, but Stephens was caught running about like a heidless chicken. Not saying that would have stopped the goal, but positionally that was woeful.

easty
29-12-2011, 01:26 AM
And O'Hanlon should have had a straight red, as I thought at the time. A potential leg-breaker.

Aye. Dunno how the ref missed that one.

Northernhibee
29-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Really hope O'Hanlon gets a two game suspension from the SFA for that.

matty_f
29-12-2011, 08:38 AM
In other news, O'Connor was fouled in the box, should have had a penalty and received a yellow card incorrectly. But i doubt anyone will notice since he's now being smeared by everyone as a serial diver:rolleyes:

:agree: to both points, though would add that Garry does himself no favours by hitting the deck any time an opponent is within a 1 meter radius of him. Even when he genuinely is fouled, as he was last night, he's going to struggle to get the decision because he ends up on his erchie almost every time he's on the ball.

The Voice Of Reason
29-12-2011, 09:53 AM

:agree: Spot on. I said that to the people around me at the game.

Speedway
29-12-2011, 11:33 AM

O'Hanlon carried on running with his man rather than narrow Hayes' options, this opened up a massive gap for Hayes to get a shot away.

Geo_1875
29-12-2011, 11:38 AM
O'Hanlon carried on running with his man rather than narrow Hayes' options, this opened up a massive gap for Hayes to get a shot away.

And if O'Hanlon had left his man to shut down Hayes and the ball was slipped past him to "his man" you'd be ripping him so he can't win.