28-12-2011, 11:59 PM
What is he doing at a club like Hibs?

Utter, utter garbage!

lucky
29-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Heartless no commitment. Was awful tonight

scuttle
29-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Did hee haw tonight. Watched him in the warm up running past players and dribbling,then during the game was invisible must hane burned himself out

Sergeant Hibs
29-12-2011, 12:08 AM
He should feel right at home he's **** the teams **** the attendance is ****

Wotherspiniesta
29-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Did hee haw tonight. Watched him in the warm up running past players and dribbling,then during the game was invisible must hane burned himself out

To be fair, dribbling past our players looks pretty damn easy when you see caley's goal

scuttle
29-12-2011, 12:10 AM
To be fair, dribbling past our players looks pretty damn easy when you see caley's goal
Agreed
:agree:

California-Hibs
29-12-2011, 12:15 AM
The guy is totally rank, and how he even plays SPL football baffles me!!

Gala Foxes
29-12-2011, 12:22 AM

have to agree - the guy Hayes picked the ball up in his own half, couldn't believe his luck , ambled past 5 muppets in green and scored

Sergeant Hibs
29-12-2011, 12:23 AM
The guy is totally rank, and how he even plays SPL football baffles me!!

Coz the SPL is ****

Nailrod
29-12-2011, 12:33 AM
When Galbraith first arrived at ER he was quick and aggressive and willing to take people on. Like Wotherspoon, Hanlon, and Booth when they first broke into the first team, he looked like a really good prospect. Not a single one of these players has progressed the way you would have hoped. The first three have become regular targets of the boo-boys, and after a couple of rippings at LB Booth has had to be dropped.

There is a critical point in a player's career round about the late teens when they have to make the step up from youth football to senior football. If they miss that window of opportunity and don't make that step up successfully, then the chances are they will never realise their potential.

I can't imagine anything more likely to destroy a young player's confidence than playing his early games in the first team surrounded by useless journeymen, struggling to avoid defeat week after week after week and constantly on the back foot. It must really sap your mental energy.

A couple of years back Hibs had a squad of youngsters that was good enough to win the double. Barely a single one of them has made the step up to the first team; most have disappeared off the radar.

If over the past few years Hibs had consolidated a few of the wage packets that have been spent on the (How many - 100? 150?) beefy pros who would "do a job" and who have come, gone, and disappeared without leaving a trace of their passing, and if Hibs had invested that same money in a far smaller number of proper footballers - like Latapy and Sauzee when we were in Div 1 - so that when a youngster came into the team he would find himself playing alongside one or two genuine talents, then perhaps Galbraith, Wotherspoon, and Hanlon might have progressed better, and maybe one or two others like Damon Gray and Kurtis Byrne might have succeeded in making the step up.

But that would have been a 'strategy'. I don't think we do 'strategies' at ER.

edinburghhibee
29-12-2011, 04:12 AM
When Galbraith first arrived at ER he was quick and aggressive and willing to take people on. Like Wotherspoon, Hanlon, and Booth when they first broke into the first team, he looked like a really good prospect. Not a single one of these players has progressed the way you would have hoped. The first three have become regular targets of the boo-boys, and after a couple of rippings at LB Booth has had to be dropped.

There is a critical point in a player's career round about the late teens when they have to make the step up from youth football to senior football. If they miss that window of opportunity and don't make that step up successfully, then the chances are they will never realise their potential.

I can't imagine anything more likely to destroy a young player's confidence than playing his early games in the first team surrounded by useless journeymen, struggling to avoid defeat week after week after week and constantly on the back foot. It must really sap your mental energy.

A couple of years back Hibs had a squad of youngsters that was good enough to win the double. Barely a single one of them has made the step up to the first team; most have disappeared off the radar.

If over the past few years Hibs had consolidated a few of the wage packets that have been spent on the (How many - 100? 150?) beefy pros who would "do a job" and who have come, gone, and disappeared without leaving a trace of their passing, and if Hibs had invested that same money in a far smaller number of proper footballers - like Latapy and Sauzee when we were in Div 1 - so that when a youngster came into the team he would find himself playing alongside one or two genuine talents, then perhaps Galbraith, Wotherspoon, and Hanlon might have progressed better, and maybe one or two others like Damon Gray and Kurtis Byrne might have succeeded in making the step up.

:top marks

completely agree

hibee_girl
29-12-2011, 09:07 AM
I have never seen a player pushed off the ball as easily as Galbraith is!

DaveF
29-12-2011, 10:32 AM

How about Leigh Griffiths?

hibee_girl
29-12-2011, 10:36 AM

Him too but then him being pushed off the ball requires him to actually have the ball.

Andy74
29-12-2011, 10:41 AM

Most of the double team didn't make it because they weren't good enough.

From that age group we now have Booth, Hanlon and Wotherspoon who play regulalry for the first team. That is an exceptional return from any youth team.

They are still young guys, in a team that geherally isn't good enough but there is nothing wrong with the strategy of playing the tyoung guys that are good enough and ditching the ones who aren't.

Where we have failed is in getting the right qulaity of player to supplement them.

Instead of guys like Boozy, Benji, Zemmama, Shiels, Killen, Jones and Murphy who we managed to bring in with our budget we have guys like Sodje, Thornhill, Agogo, O'Hanlon and Palsson.

Hibby Bairn
29-12-2011, 10:42 AM

What about when he won the ball first half with a defensive sliding tackle, retained possession and went up the pitch and played a good ball across goal only for no-one to be in the box to receive it.

Give the guy a break. He is barely in the first team (maybe past month at most) and is playing in a team with zero confidence. I thought there were flashes of Galbraith, Stevenson and Booth playing some nice stuff first half tonight. These guys are good players but have very little consistent selection to build a way of playing.

The post in this thread by Nailrod is spot on imo.

ballengeich
29-12-2011, 10:47 AM
What about when he won the ball first half with a defensive sliding tackle, retained possession and went up the pitch and played a good ball across goal only for no-one to be in the box to receive it.

Give the guy a break. He is barely in the first team (maybe past month at most) and is playing in a team with zero confidence. I thought there were flashes of Galbraith, Stevenson and Booth playing some nice stuff first half tonight. These guys are good players but have very little consistent selection to build a way of playing.

I agree. I thought he looked a lot better last night, at least partly due to being on the left instead of the right. He's got some potential, but the more abuse he gets from fans the less chance there will be of it being fulfilled. With Nish and Rankin away he seems to be the next player some of our supporters are determined to destroy.

KeithTheHibby
29-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Neither Galbraith or Sproule are good enough.

That was quite an attacking team he had out last night yet I can barely remember either of them getting to the byline and getting a cross in.

Galbraith also bottled out of 2 challenges last night, nothing worse than a supporter seeing a player doing that especially given our current predicament.

Gmack7
29-12-2011, 10:56 AM
he was dire today which was a vast improvement on sproule who was *****

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2011, 11:12 AM
What about when he won the ball first half with a defensive sliding tackle, retained possession and went up the pitch and played a good ball across goal only for no-one to be in the box to receive it.Give the guy a break. He is barely in the first team (maybe past month at most) and is playing in a team with zero confidence. I thought there were flashes of Galbraith, Stevenson and Booth playing some nice stuff first half tonight. These guys are good players but have very little consistent selection to build a way of playing.

This will now be remembered much like Alan Obrien against Gretna as the Danny Galbraith game. The game when he actually did something the crowd remember.

He's another waster, i mean imagine wanting wingers/wide men to beat their full back and deliver crosses. Anyone think this will ever catch on?

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Galbraith is very much a confidence player, and the kind of body you bring on at 2-0 up and flying and want 4 or 5. Not what we need right now IMO.

Forza Fred
29-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Galbraith has done nothing to suggest he is SPL standard..and will probably end up plying his trade with a team like Cowdebeath in the not too distant future.

However, there are several like him in the current squad..and were we to off load everyone of them we would be playing with 8 men each gamr

sad but true.

The January window will not change much unfortunately.

Hibs Class
29-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Neither Galbraith or Sproule are good enough.

That was quite an attacking team he had out last night yet I can barely remember either of them getting to the byline and getting a cross in.

Galbraith also bottled out of 2 challenges last night, nothing worse than a supporter seeing a player doing that especially given our current predicament.

I counted 3 challenges he bottled. I think Galbraith had a better game than Sproule but sadly that's because Sproule was utterly hopeless yet again. Unfortunately Galbraith lacks heart and commitment and I have difficulty seeing how that can be fixed. He shouldn't be part of the future of our team.

Andy74
29-12-2011, 11:55 AM
This will now be remembered much like Alan Obrien against Gretna as the Danny Galbraith game. The game when he actually did something the crowd remember.

He's another waster, i mean imagine wanting wingers/wide men to beat their full back and deliver crosses. Anyone think this will ever catch on?

I believe O'Briens best game was against Falkirk.

If we hadn't had that huddy Fletcher up front O'Brien would have been on five assists that day. :greengrin

Seveno
29-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I counted 3 challenges he bottled. I think Galbraith had a better game than Sproule but sadly that's because Sproule was utterly hopeless yet again. Unfortunately Galbraith lacks heart and commitment and I have difficulty seeing how that can be fixed. He shouldn't be part of the future of our team.

He has bottled challenges from the day he arrived at ER. Not what we need in our current position.

Hibees07
29-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Galbraith is certainly not SPL quality, first division at best.

The amazing thing is that on any 'Team Line Up' thread Galbraith is in the majority of the suggested line ups.

I am about to look at the line up thread for the Hearts game and I bet Galbraith will feature regularly. :confused:

hibeeleicester
29-12-2011, 03:11 PM
played OK last night.

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2011, 03:39 PM

I was surprised by that passage of play in your first sentence, because he seemed to pull out of every challenge thereafter.....Not good enough, never will be IMO

Spike Mandela
29-12-2011, 03:46 PM
I was surprised by that passage of play in your first sentence, because he seemed to pull out of every challenge thereafter.....Not good enough, never will be IMO

He was the only one who put a challenge in on their goalscorer as he waltzed through us to score. If Galbraith's challenge had connected it would have been a certain yellow but would have saved us from losing a goal.

bingo70
29-12-2011, 03:49 PM
One of the challenges he bottled it for all he had to do was get a toe to the ball and the calley boy was getting sent off as he was the last man and had totally over committed himself but galbraith pulled out and took the throw in instead, I was defending him at the start if the game last night but I thought he had an absolute shocker.

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2011, 03:51 PM
One of the challenges he bottled it for all he had to do was get a toe to the ball and the calley boy was getting sent off as he was the last man and had totally over committed himself but galbraith pulled out and took the throw in instead, I was defending him at the start if the game last night but I thought he had an absolute shocker.

:agree::agree:

Brooster
29-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I'll be delighted if this chicken hearted wage thief never plays for Hibs again.

I'm_cabbaged
29-12-2011, 04:05 PM
He was the only one who put a challenge in on their goalscorer as he waltzed through us to score. If Galbraith's challenge had connected it would have been a certain yellow but would have saved us from losing a goal.

A sliding challenge, takes some bottle that. Even my laddie turned round and said he bottled it when he could've toed it past their last man.

Famous Fiver
29-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Forza Fred

Watch your Cowdenbeath comments!

We play them soon and they are at the same level (top of Div 2) as Ayr were when they emptied us last year.

Cowdenbeath might be a better standard than Hibs at this precise moment!!! It would be a step up for Galbraith!

Cropley10
29-12-2011, 04:39 PM
There's not a single player at Hibs who isn't regarded as useless or not worth the wage/shirt etc. by someone.

I'd still rather have Galbraith than Sproule in my team any day of the week.

greenlex
29-12-2011, 06:14 PM
There's not a single player at Hibs who isn't regarded as useless or not worth the wage/shirt etc. by someone.

Me too crops.
I didn't think he had a bad game last night. Aye he doesn't throw himself into challenges but not every player does. He always looked for the ball more times than not retained possession. His shooting was woeful but his crosses were decent enough. (I'm hoping Doyle can get on the end of some of them as tat is apparently his game) he always tried right up till the end. To call him a wage their is actually quite disgraceful if you ask me. Out of all the starting midfielders last night only Stevenson was ahead of him IMO.

whiskyhibby
29-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Who won the free kick for GOC's goal BTW?................

degenerated
30-12-2011, 12:28 AM

I'd prefer neither, both are rank.

frazeHFC
30-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Galbraith has done nothing to suggest he is SPL standard..and will probably end up plying his trade with a team like Cowdebeath in the not too distant future.

However, there are several like him in the current squad..and were we to off load everyone of them we would be playing with 8 men each gamr

sad but true.

The January window will not change much unfortunately.

What about if Cowdenbeath beat us. :greengrin

frazeHFC
30-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Who won the free kick for GOC's goal BTW?................

Galbraith.

He did well at the start and had some good crosses. He just ducked out of too many challenges like usual and is not good enough for me.

jabis
30-12-2011, 12:42 AM
What is he doing at a club like Hibs?

Utter, utter garbage!

He should feel right at home he's **** the teams **** the attendance is ****

hibs fans..........I think not !

only read 4 posts :cb

Jones28
30-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Just because a player doesn't go into every single challenge like a complete radge doesn't make them *****e! For every player like Galbraith who bottles out some challenges you have a player like Stevenson who will commit to anything and everything. You don't have to have 11 hard-asses on the pitch all the time, although it seems to be almost mandatory for SPL teams.

Everyone who has watched him play since he arrived will agree that when he first came on the scene he was putting in great crosses and could beat a man. Unfortunately we have nobody to get on the end of these crosses. Last night he played in a couple of decent crosses but there was nobody there.

Actually thought for the first 10-15 minutes we looked very dangerous coming down the left with Booth, Stevenson and Galbraith all linking up well.

sahib
30-12-2011, 12:59 AM

I could construct a player out of balsa wood and feathers, that would be harder to push off the ball than Griffiths.

we are hibs
30-12-2011, 01:42 AM
looks like the wingers are scared to take players on galbraith and sproule should be running down the line and firing the ball across the face of goal instead of getting the ball and passing back the way .

cabbageandribs1875
30-12-2011, 03:17 AM
Him too but then him being pushed off the ball requires him to actually have the ball.

that's not fair, i heard sparky's name mentioned at least twice on the radio commentary, the 2nd time was to get subbed
:(