PDA

View Full Version : top three players we need to GTF

MUPPET
28-12-2011, 10:12 PM
For me it's Galbraith,Griffiths and top of the list Sproule!

AndyB_70
28-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Sproule, Galbraith and just to make sure Galbraith

Teuchter Hibbie
28-12-2011, 10:25 PM

id definitely look to keep griffiths tbh, and i still think galbraith has potential, but ideally he's bench material - we should be aiming a lot higher. sproule is probably one of our top earners, so he'd be told to start putting in performances or he'd be offski as well - wouldnt be top of my list though.

id be getting rid of o'hanlon, hart, and agogo (which i believe fenlon has already done along with thornhill).

scuttle
28-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Couldnt agree more

AndyB_70
28-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Griffiths was add much use as a chocolate teapot tonight too

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Why stop at just three ? Seriously, IMO I would bin all but three, [keep Stephens, Griffiths and Stevenson- all because they have potential and are young enough to come good{ish} ]. Get the rest tae f

MotherSuperior
28-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Hart, Pallson, Galbraith.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Sproule was crap the first time he was here, my opinion of him is that he has managed to get worse......

Galbraith has the heart of a midges tit..........pathetic

JustSimplyHibs
28-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Sproule... what a waste of money!

Hart... another waste of cash!

Then 4 others, Thornhill, Aggogo, Sodja, O'Hanlon ... big wage earners that need to move on

lucky
28-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Oconnor, Hart, Galbraith

HibsNutter
28-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I think Galbraith can be useful and has a great delivery. I remember once or twice tonight he put two crackers in but they weren't attacked. Sproule looks a totally different player from his first spell unfortunately.

frazeHFC
28-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Everyone.

cabbageandribs1875
28-12-2011, 10:44 PM

deffo :agree:

MUPPET
28-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Sproule was utter pish the first time he was here and he is now much MUCH worse!

greenlex
28-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I'd only keep Hanlon Osbourne Stephens and possibly Stevenson who seems to have found a bit of form the last half dozen games or so. If the rest were told to bolt I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Broken Gnome
28-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Aside from Parkhead, Galbraith has done zero of note in his time here. There might be the general look of a technically not bad winger there, but past any hope of seeing it. And not the guy you'd want in a relegation battle.

Any midfield in the SPL would happily dominate that lot with ease. The whole midfield can go, Stevenson would only benefit with Ozzy beside him. Wotherspoon can stay because there is still something there. O'Connor stays because the odd goal remains elusive and ever more vital, as bad as he's been it would be silly to say we're better off without due to lack of alternatives. Griffiths is 150k much better spent elsewhere. Sproule's awful. Defence needs at least a right back and centre half, hopefully Booth was just rusty tonight.

Sergeant Hibs
28-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Hart, Pallson, Galbraith.

This

stanton10
28-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Aside from Parkhead, Galbraith has done zero of note in his time here. There might be the general look of a technically not bad winger there, but past any hope of seeing it. And not the guy you'd want in a relegation battle.

Any midfield in the SPL would happily dominate that lot with ease. The whole midfield can go, Stevenson would only benefit with Ozzy beside him. Wotherspoon can stay because there is still something there. O'Connor stays because the odd goal remains elusive and ever more vital, as bad as he's been it would be silly to say we're better off without due to lack of alternatives. Griffiths is 150k much better spent elsewhere. Sproule's awful. Defence needs at least a right back and centre half, hopefully Booth was just rusty tonight.

richey. you said there is something there with spoony ---- what

Postman
28-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Stevenson has to go, yes he can d the simple things but I don't want to go and watch a team with players who are unable to do anymore than the simple things and i'm surprised to read all the positives about his performances on here of late, can't see it myself! Will never be good enough

Sproule is terrible, a complete waste of a jersey and I really wish he hadn't come back, he'll be remembered for this spell rather than being a very popular figure from his first spell. The guy has done well from Hibs, time to let him go, he's one of the major reasons we're being dragged closer and closer to the First Division

And finally O'Hanlon, the guy is one of the worst centre halfs I think i've seen at ER. Could've sworn I heard him being read out as MOM tonight as well....REALLY!

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Sproule, Towell, GOC, Griffiths, Wotherspoon, Murray, Hanlon, Stack, Agogo, Palsson, Galbraith...CIAO!

BEEJ
28-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Towell can go back to Parkhead now. Not the answer at RB and contributed little in midfield tonight that I could see.

O'Hanlon is not the answer for this team at CB. he might have done the business at other clubs in other circumstances but he's not the steadying experienced influence that we require for the rest of the season in the centre of defence.

Hart has to be the third for me. Whatever he once had he lost long before he turned up at ER. We could do better for much less financial outlay.

And Sproule should be used as a substitute. He offers very little when started in the middle of the park.

smurf
28-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Stevenson has to go, yes he can d the simple things but I don't want to go and watch a team with players who are unable to do anymore than the simple things and i'm surprised to read all the positives about his performances on here of late, can't see it myself! Will never be good enough

Sproule is terrible, a complete waste of a jersey and I really wish he hadn't come back, he'll be remembered for this spell rather than being a very popular figure from his first spell. The guy has done well from Hibs, time to let him go, he's one of the major reasons we're being dragged closer and closer to the First Division

And finally O'Hanlon, the guy is one of the worst centre halfs I think i've seen at ER. Could've sworn I heard him being read out as MOM tonight as well....REALLY!

Keep smoking whatever you are if you think Lewis is top of your 'Must Go' list.

frazeHFC
28-12-2011, 11:12 PM
A few games ago i would say Stevenson must go, but no way after recent games. He actually attempts tackles, gives 100% and hardly put a pass wrong. There are many more before him i am full of disgust with atm.

zlatan
28-12-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't like seeing people post mean things about Ivan :(

AlbertK86
Petrie, Lindsay & Hyland

Leithenhibby

But we ain't got "3 top players" ....

PF has got his work cut out that's for sure, we can only hope that he has some fresh ideas to get this sorry mess sorted..... :rolleyes:

It's a sad time to be a Hibby ... :wink:

Beefster
28-12-2011, 11:15 PM
The three highest paid should be the first ones out.

The Green Goblin
28-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Why stop at just three ? Seriously, IMO I would bin all but three, [keep Stephens, Griffiths and Stevenson- all because they have potential and are young enough to come good{ish} ]. Get the rest tae f

Including Booth? Really? I thought he was the only player that looked anything like a footballer for us tonight. I thought Towell was one of our worst too: awful.

Postman
28-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Keep smoking whatever you are if you think Lewis is top of your 'Must Go' list.
You think you'll ever be able to build a team round him in centre midfield?? He's never good enough in the middle of the park and he's not a left back. He's a good First Division player at best

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Only three? Hibs reek from top to bottom. It'll take a lot more than losing three players to get us away from the pit we are in. :rolleyes:

Sergeant Hibs
28-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Everyone except Ozzy Lewie Booth Spoony Hanlon GOC and Stack can GTF

erin go bragh
28-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Sproule was crap the first time he was here, my opinion of him is that he has managed to get worse......

Galbraith has the heart of a midges tit..........pathetic

Granted Sproue has been like a man short most of his games since he came back ,but to say he was crap first time round is simply not true , were you in a coma when he hit 3 at ipox baldy ?

GGTTH

edinburghhibee
29-12-2011, 03:19 AM
For me its

Galbraith-Towell and Sproule

Pallson is very close to being in that top three, where is the Palsson who we sing around this time last year ????

Nailrod
29-12-2011, 03:32 AM
You can have this post for this thread as well.

When Galbraith first arrived at ER he was quick and aggressive and willing to take people on. Like Wotherspoon, Hanlon, and Booth when they first broke into the first team, he looked like a really good prospect. Not a single one of these players has progressed the way you would have hoped. The first three have become regular targets of the boo-boys, and after a couple of rippings at LB Booth has had to be dropped.

There is a critical point in a player's career round about the late teens when they have to make the step up from youth football to senior football. If they miss that window of opportunity and don't make that step up successfully, then the chances are they will never realise their potential.

I can't imagine anything more likely to destroy a young player's confidence than playing his early games in the first team surrounded by useless journeymen, struggling to avoid defeat week after week after week and constantly on the back foot. It must really sap your mental energy.

A couple of years back Hibs had a squad of youngsters that was good enough to win the double. Barely a single one of them has made the step up to the first team; most have disappeared off the radar.

If over the past few years Hibs had consolidated a few of the wage packets that have been spent on the (How many - 100? 150?) beefy pros who would "do a job" and who have come, gone, and disappeared without leaving a trace of their passing, and if Hibs had invested that same money in a far smaller number of proper footballers - like Latapy and Sauzee when we were in Div 1 - so that when a youngster came into the team he would find himself playing alongside one or two genuine talents, then perhaps Galbraith, Wotherspoon, and Hanlon might have progressed better, and maybe one or two others like Damon Gray and Kurtis Byrne might have succeeded in making the step up.

But that would have been a 'strategy'. I don't think we do 'strategies' at ER.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2011, 07:28 AM
There are only 3 players i'd keep. :boo hoo:

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Granted Sproue has been like a man short most of his games since he came back ,but to say he was crap first time round is simply not true , were you in a coma when he hit 3 at ipox baldy ?

GGTTH

Not in coma, I was there when he bagged his hattrick..... However IMO he is living off that, and I think some fans views are tainted because of that day at Ibrox.... For me he is a poor player

Beefster
29-12-2011, 07:36 AM

GGTTH

Even during his first spell, Sproule was hit and miss and used as an impact sub half the time, at least. There's a bit of the green-tinted specs about his first spell because of the hattrick against Rangers IMO.

MUPPET
29-12-2011, 07:36 AM

GGTTH

The 3 at ibrox has since been proven to have been a total fluke. How many really good games did he have first time round?I struggle to remember any! I do remember plenty of petulance,plenty of sprints down the wing ending in embarrassing miss hit crosses the guy is a total joke oh and I wish he would shut the f*** up and stay out of the newspapers too!

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2011, 07:41 AM
I have to disagree about Sproule first time round. IMO he was worthy of his place in our squad, he contributed goals and assists. He was top of the assists before he left if i remember correctly, and chipped in with around 10 goals too. He got me off my seat much more than he does now, and agree it was a huge mistake to bring him back.

MUPPET
29-12-2011, 08:02 AM
He got you off your seat alright but inevitably you sat back down shaking your head when he tripped over the ball or ran straight into touch ! He was awful first time round and I doubt he was top for assists. I would MAYBE be happy to see him come on as a sub late on when his pace would trouble tiring defences but not convinced he is all that fast now either.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2011, 08:16 AM
He got you off your seat alright but inevitably you sat back down shaking your head when he tripped over the ball or ran straight into touch ! He was awful first time round and I doubt he was top for assists. I would MAYBE be happy to see him come on as a sub late on when his pace would trouble tiring defences but not convinced he is all that fast now either.

I bet you would take 10 goals a season now from him, and although i'm not 100% sure, i did read on here he was the top player for assists, but have no idea where to look for the answers?

He contributed first time round, he's not now.

MUPPET
29-12-2011, 08:26 AM
The most he ever scored in a season for us was 8 and he currently has 3 so his goals to games ratio is roughly the same. It's easy to remember him fondly but he was just as pish first time round - only difference was he was mainly a sub and as I said earlier he could maybe get away with that again. Expensive sub though!

Nailrod
29-12-2011, 08:33 AM
The most he ever scored in a season for us was 8 and he currently has 3 so his goals to games ratio is roughly the same. It's easy to remember him fondly but he was just as pish first time round - only difference was he was mainly a sub and as I said earlier he could maybe get away with that again. Expensive sub though!

:troll:

Funnily enough, the jamrags never rated Ivan very highly either.

happiehibbie
29-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Am i only allowed 3 :(

Stevenson Sproule and 1 from this lot Hart Gailbraith O Hanlon Stack, Towel Griffiths

The Green Goblin
29-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Comment removed

Comments like that are normal on Keechback. Not so welcome here.

Sproule was lucky to play in a very good team first time round. He is contributing nothing this time.

GG

Broken Gnome
29-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Little harsh on Ivan. He was deeply flawed but as a return on 5k he was fantastic. He was also vital for the days we didn't play so well as he was always a way to force teams back or change a game if necessary. By his final season he'd become overly predictable though and it was the right time to call it a day.

He's sadly far closer to that 5k value now than the 500k player he became.

brydekirk
29-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Hart is a must to go firstl, in fact just get rid of the whole defence and start again.

HibbyKeith
29-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Not in coma, I was there when he bagged his hattrick..... However IMO he is living off that, and I think some fans views are tainted because of that day at Ibrox.... For me he is a poor player

Said the same thing to colin last night, Ivan while fast has lost the edge to his pace that took him past players to be able to "attempt" a cross, now hes just a player with good pace but is unable to provide any trickery to actually beat a fullback.

Sammy7nil
29-12-2011, 11:12 AM
You could pick ANY 3 from 20.

So lets get rid of the 3 Highest earners, this will at least free up some cash.