PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor

HibsNutter
28-12-2011, 10:48 PM
His goal aside, he was absolutely abysmal tonight. He couldn't find a teammate all night and looked completely disinterested. wonder if he knows he is going in january?

Alfred E Newman
28-12-2011, 11:19 PM
His goal aside, he was absolutely abysmal tonight. He couldn't find a teammate all night and looked completely disinterested. wonder if he knows he is going in january?

The service to the front two was awful with no support coming from midfield but O`Connor looks done to me. Would not be heartbroken if he moved on in Jan though I can`t imagine many clubs showing an interest in him.

scoopyboy
28-12-2011, 11:23 PM
He is convinced he is going to Ibrox.

At first I thought it was the usual Garry nonsense, now I'm not so sure.

The Voice Of Reason
28-12-2011, 11:25 PM

Well if he does go to Ibrox they will insist he loses some beef. He looks out of shape to me.

An erse like the Lizzy Bryce roundabout !!!!!

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 11:34 PM
He has now surpassed Riordan in terms of the laziest bassa to pull on a Hibs top. You would think that after all these years of playing football he would have learnt how to time his jumping for headers too! Never gets near a ball in the air, ever!

Absolute waster and Rangers are welcome to him. Pish.

HibsNutter
28-12-2011, 11:35 PM
He has now surpassed Riordan in terms of the laziest bassa to pull on a Hibs top. You would think that after all these years of playing football he would have learnt how to time his jumping for headers too! Never gets near a ball in the air, ever!

Absolute waster and Rangers are welcome to him. Pish.

:agree:

LancashireHibby
29-12-2011, 12:03 AM
No worse than the rest of the pish in our side, which says more about him than the rest of them. Such a waste of what was a very promising career. Great free kick, mind, but that's the best he's come up with in a while.

Steve-O
29-12-2011, 12:15 AM
No worse than the rest of the pish in our side, which says more about him than the rest of them. Such a waste of what was a very promising career. Great free kick, mind, but that's the best he's come up with in a while.

No worse than the rest but i bet he is on bigger bucks. This is a guy who was apparently good enough for the EPL at one stage...:rolleyes:

lucky
29-12-2011, 12:20 AM
There is no way he is going to Rangers unless its Berwick. He is shocking. He plays for himself no interest in the team. Doubt anyone will want him with all baggage but if they do they are welcome to him.

silverhibee
29-12-2011, 12:30 AM

He sure is, he is supposedly telling people at the club he is moving to the west bun in January, he certainly seems confident it will happen.

Steve-O
29-12-2011, 12:34 AM
He sure is, he is supposedly telling people at the club he is moving to the west bun i January, he certainly seems confident it will happen.

What a great captain he is, eh? Total bellend who can go immediately as far as I am concerned. Can take his counsellor Petrie wi him tae.

Holmesdale Hibs
29-12-2011, 12:44 AM
I didn't think he was a stand out bad performer. He didn't play particularly well but he had no service whatsoever and his only chances were from set pieces, one of which he scored from. If we had a players that could create chances or got crosses in the box (we had 2 wingers FFS) he would score more goals.

Steve-O
29-12-2011, 12:48 AM
I didn't think he was a stand out bad performer. He didn't play particularly well but he had no service whatsoever and his only chances were from set pieces, one of which he scored from. If we had a players that could create chances or got crosses in the box (we had 2 wingers FFS) he would score more goals.

I recall a couple of crosses going in, captain lazy was nowhere near them as he waits for the ball to come to him.

J-C
29-12-2011, 12:50 AM
I GOC is on that slippery slope downhill as far as footballing talent goes, all the drinking and drugs are catching up with him, just look at his wee buddy Deek, never been a decent player there for about 5 years and GOC is the same, lacks discipline and focus, will never fullfill his true potential, saame goes for Deek, a wasted talent.

Northernhibee
29-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Right, seeing as how that last one was OTT, let me word this in a different fashion.

If a team stands by you, and offers you support in a time of need, don't repay it with half arsed performances, stories of alledged insurance fraud, alledged bolting from police, Panorama investigations about drug use, getting booked all the time for diving and/or over-reacting to the slightest of knocks, getting yourself suspended for one of the most important derbies in memory.

If you have the opportunity to represent Hibernian football club which is something that some of us could only dream of, then give everything you have to be a model professional, and do everything you can to be the best you can be in every single game, especially when you earn in a week what some fans won't even earn in a month.

I don't want the fat waste of space anywhere near Hibs.

HH81
29-12-2011, 05:50 AM
I watched the game online before falling asleep after 70 mins, my first thought when Gary O'Connor came on the screen was he enjoyed his xmas lunch.

He needs to get fit if he is planning on staying the rest of the season and he wont be getting in no rangers team.

bruno
29-12-2011, 07:44 AM
Right, seeing as how that last one was OTT, let me word this in a different fashion.

If a team stands by you, and offers you support in a time of need, don't repay it with half arsed performances, stories of alledged insurance fraud, alledged bolting from police, Panorama investigations about drug use, getting booked all the time for diving and/or over-reacting to the slightest of knocks, getting yourself suspended for one of the most important derbies in memory.

If you have the opportunity to represent Hibernian football club which is something that some of us could only dream of, then give everything you have to be a model professional, and do everything you can to be the best you can be in every single game, especially when you earn in a week what some fans won't even earn in a month.

I don't want the fat waste of space anywhere near Hibs.

I'm staggered at the level of abuse O.Conner is getting on the board. Admittely i don't see as much as you guys do but it.s not that long since Levein was being denomised on here for not picking him for Scotland. There's no doubting his ability but obviously his work rate and temperament are what's holding him back. Maybe his court cases are preying on his mind. These things would been taken into account when deciding whether or not to pick him for scotland. I hope gary repays hibs for giving him another chance. . After the 2nd. . He's your one true class player and perhaps just needs a strong or understanding management team to help him through this tough time.

matty_f
29-12-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm staggered at the level of abuse O.Conner is getting on the board. Admittely i don't see as much as you guys do but it.s not that long since Levein was being denomised on here for not picking him for Scotland. There's no doubting his ability but obviously his work rate and temperament are what's holding him back. Maybe his court cases are preying on his mind. These things would been taken into account when deciding whether or not to pick him for scotland. I hope gary repays hibs for giving him another chance. . After the 2nd. . He's your one true class player and perhaps just needs a strong or understanding management team to help him through this tough time.

I think the problem is that Garry's got his head on his new management team, if reports are to be believed. He was a waste of a jersey last night and looked a shadow of the player that started the season. Great goal, though...

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2011, 08:09 AM
If Garry is telling everyone who will listen he's off to hunbrox, then get him tae f as soon as possible. He's our captain, and is showing just what that means to him.

I am sick of footballers today, 99% of them dont seem to give a toss about anything other than their wage package, and certainly less about those who have helped and supported them.

His goals certainly have helped us but he's no team player, just another only interested in himself.

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2011, 08:36 AM
If Garry is telling everyone who will listen he's off to hunbrox, then get him tae f as soon as possible. He's our captain, and is showing just what that means to him.

I am sick of footballers today, 99% of them dont seem to give a toss about anything other than their wage package, and certainly less about those who have helped and supported them.

His goals certainly have helped us but he's no team player, just another only interested in himself.

:agree::agree:

no loyalty whatsoever

Benny Brazil
29-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Davie Weir could probably beat him in a sprint race. Cant believe how unfit he is.
Apart from his free kick he offered very little last night - he did win a few headers but when the ball is at his feet and he tries to run with it he looks like Jonny Vegas with ice skates on.
If he wants to go to Ibrox and they do actually want him - they can have him.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Davie Weir could probably beat him in a sprint race. Cant believe how unfit he is.
Apart from his free kick he offered very little last night - he did win a few headers but when the ball is at his feet and he tries to run with it he looks like Jonny Vegas with ice skates on.
If he wants to go to Ibrox and they do actually want him - they can have him.

I find it astounding they would actually want him? :confused:

Benny Brazil
29-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I find it astounding they would actually want him? :confused:

Yes me too - unless their scouting trips only took in the first 10 or 11 games when he was scoring goals - if they had seen him recently I cant believe any scout in the world would recommend signing him.

Edit: maybe we could push Sproule and Galbraith their way as well then :)

hibee_girl
29-12-2011, 09:04 AM
What a great captain he is, eh? Total bellend who can go immediately as far as I am concerned. Can take his counsellor Petrie wi him tae.

He should never have been made captain in the first place, he's hardly the greatest role model!!

ICT's goal last night all stemmed from O'Connor not passing to a team mate in space, thinking he could take 4 players on himself, and loosing the ball. Something he did not 2 minutes before.

happiehibbie
29-12-2011, 09:12 AM
I am sick of o connor going down way to easy looking for cheap fouls and penalties. we have been conned twice by cheats I dont want a HIBS player to cheat . Oconnor has went of the boil if he is injured then fine dont play him. I dont belive he is un fit as in fat in fact i wish i was as fat as him..... I have never known such a bad hibs side in my 50 years last night midfield of Gailbraith, Towel Stevenson and Sproule has to be the worst selection ever.

I do not see what Gailbraith brings to our team and what PF sees in him

Towel struggled

Stevenson again not good enough but I will say the lad never hides or pulls out of a tackle

Sproule simply not the same player we sold

I hope we get it right for Monday as am worried we get a tanking

Peevemor
29-12-2011, 09:16 AM
I am sick of o connor going down way to easy looking for cheap fouls and penalties. we have been conned twice by cheats I dont want a HIBS player to cheat . Oconnor has went of the boil if he is injured then fine dont play him. I dont belive he is un fit as in fat in fact i wish i was as fat as him..... I have never known such a bad hibs side in my 50 years last night midfield of Gailbraith, Towel Stevenson and Sproule has to be the worst selection ever.

I do not see what Gailbraith brings to our team and what PF sees in him

Towel struggled

Stevenson again not good enough but I will say the lad never hides or pulls out of a tackle

Sproule simply not the same player we sold

I hope we get it right for Monday as am worried we get a tanking

GO'C should have got the penalty last night and Hibs should appeal the booking. He was already off-balance after being challenged by one Inverness player when a second hooked his leg high across GO'C's body.

Aldo
29-12-2011, 09:55 AM
If the rumours are true and GOC in spouting about getting a move west then he should GTF

This for me would be two fingers to his team mates. Yeah his goals have been crucial but he is an individual and not a team player.

Billy Big Boots can **** off west if he wants cos i only want guys in the team that want to be there rather than someone who is desperate to get away.

Rant over (for now anyway)

hibsbollah
29-12-2011, 10:02 AM

Sense from the yam. Garry was our only hope and a one-man team two months ago, suddenly he's told to GTF:confused:

We all need to hope he gets his head together.

Andy74
29-12-2011, 10:17 AM
I thought he was awful. He really should be a standout in this league but he looks nowhere near the player he was just a few months ago.

He was throwing himself all over the place which annoyed me and he was constantly taking the wrong option and trying to run with the ball himself.

He's not alone in that as Griffiths keeps trying to nutmeg people or take the ball on the run past people instead of just taking a safe touch. The amount of times he loses the ball is crazy.

This Doyle better be decent!

Siralbertkidd
29-12-2011, 10:23 AM
I heard booking means he is suspended for Monday. can anyone confirm please?

Northernhibee
29-12-2011, 10:34 AM

I can offer a solution to court appearances not playing on your mind - watch the company you keep and stay out of trouble.

He's been absolutely horrible for us in the last two months. Lazy, unfit, and amongst our worst players. We cannot carry anyone in the team right now, yet this is what we do week in week out right now.

I cannot be more honest than saying I'd 100% take a straight swap for Nishy again than put up with this.

J-C
29-12-2011, 11:37 AM

Well said G :top marks

supersauzee
29-12-2011, 01:32 PM
We probably have the most fickle fans in the world, never happy! its crazy what some folk have been writing on the board the last couple of weeks. As regards to GOC, Bruno is the only one who has spoken some sense. The guy obviously needs LOTS of help and to be fair if it wasnt for him and his goals we would already be relegated! I have heard he is away to Rangers too, good luck to him and he will probably score a barrowload! And I will tell you what we WILL miss him if he goes because who else we got to replace him?!

Doyle has come with a good pedigree but we cant put too much pressure on the lad to produce straight away! We do this with every player that joins Hibs so no wonder they struggle!

Yes the current Hibs squad is extremely poor if not the poorest I have known and that is down to Petrie and CC. Pat has his work cut out and he will know for sure who has to go. I hope to god its a good 9 or 10! Youth is the future therefore I would keep the likes of Stevenson, Stephens, Booth, Spoony, Griffiths, Pallsson.

We got a point last night so lets build on it and see what happens. If we sneak a win on Monday it may be the turning point! :greengrin

Andy74
29-12-2011, 01:43 PM
We probably have the most fickle fans in the world, never happy! its crazy what some folk have been writing on the board the last couple of weeks. As regards to GOC, Bruno is the only one who has spoken some sense. The guy obviously needs LOTS of help and to be fair if it wasnt for him and his goals we would already be relegated! I have heard he is away to Rangers too, good luck to him and he will probably score a barrowload! And I will tell you what we WILL miss him if he goes because who else we got to replace him?!

Doyle has come with a good pedigree but we cant put too much pressure on the lad to produce straight away! We do this with every player that joins Hibs so no wonder they struggle!

Yes the current Hibs squad is extremely poor if not the poorest I have known and that is down to Petrie and CC. Pat has his work cut out and he will know for sure who has to go. I hope to god its a good 9 or 10! Youth is the future therefore I would keep the likes of Stevenson, Stephens, Booth, Spoony, Griffiths, Pallsson.

We got a point last night so lets build on it and see what happens. If we sneak a win on Monday it may be the turning point! :greengrin

Bruno is the one who hasn't had to watch him so he's just going on the theory that GOC should be a big player for us, which rather illustrates the point made by the rest which is we should be seeing an awful lot more from him than he has shown recently.

Conan Doyle
29-12-2011, 02:05 PM

He's taking the p*ss if he goes elsewhere in January. He's just been given a 2nd chance by us.

He's scored a decent number of goals - maybe once he gets the court case out the way his form will improve. Great goal last night.

BEEJ
29-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I cannot be more honest than saying I'd 100% take a straight swap for Nishy again than put up with this.
Steady on, old chap! :cool2:

You've taken that too far. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
29-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Two things come out of this thread for me;

1-Garry O'Connor is NOT suspended for the derby. Going over the threshold with a booking gives you a suspension 14 days from when the booking was issued. Given that the derby is in 4 days' time, he will be able to play, provided he hasn't been sold and doesn't pick up another injury by then.

He certainly won't be banned.

2-O'Connor's booking CANNOT be appealed. Only straight reds for violent conduct or instances of mistaken identity can be appealed.

Del Boy
29-12-2011, 04:35 PM
I heard booking means he is suspended for Monday. can anyone confirm please?

No he won't be. What a shocking choice as captain though.

silverhibee
29-12-2011, 04:49 PM

Even Pat Fenlon has commented on it.

PaulSmith
29-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Two things come out of this thread for me;

1-Garry O'Connor is NOT suspended for the derby. Going over the threshold with a booking gives you a suspension 14 days from when the booking was issued. Given that the derby is in 4 days' time, he will be able to play, provided he hasn't been sold and doesn't pick up another injury by then.

He certainly won't be banned.

2-O'Connor's booking CANNOT be appealed. Only straight reds for violent conduct or instances of mistaken identity can be appealed.

I'm confident that the 14 day rule has been binned, it's 6 bookings and miss the next game. Gary has 4.

STV has a great site for suspensions
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/291728-seven-players-walking-suspension-tightrope-spl-disciplinary-watch/

Sir David Gray
29-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm confident that the 14 day rule has been binned, it's 6 bookings and miss the next game. Gary has 4.

STV has a great site for suspensions
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/291728-seven-players-walking-suspension-tightrope-spl-disciplinary-watch/

The 14 day rule still applies.

Part B Competitions Except Specified Cup Competitions

1. Suspensions

Please refer to Part D of this Section for further general provisions about serving
suspensions.

1.1 Accumulation of Cautionable Offences

1.1.1 A player who is reported for six cautionable offences in the same
Competition/Competition Group during a Season will incur a dated
suspension of one match.

1.1.2 The suspension shall become effective on the 14th day following the date
of the match at which the sixth cautionable offence occurred and shall
apply to matches in the Competition/Competition Group in which the
reports for cautionable offences were accumulated.

Page 175 on the link below.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/DisciplineExplained/Scottish%20FA%20Judicial%20Panel%20Protocol.pdf

After his booking last night, Sean O'Hanlon is due to serve a one match ban from 11/1/2012, which is 14 days after last night's match.

Although he has only received 5 bookings this season, not 6, which is slightly confusing. :confused:

The one thing that IS clear, though, is that O'Connor is not banned for the derby.

hibiedude
29-12-2011, 05:43 PM

Most of the players fall under that bracket come January so why pick on Garry?

encase you don.t know we are at the wrong end of the league we didn't get there because we are playing great.

we built a white elephant in adding that new stand and the East mains training centre because all iv'e heard over the last few months is questions about the players fitness not being up to scratch.

Has the stadium ever been full since the new stand opened?

We have players that are simply not good enough for the SPL and come January I cant see that changing so get used to this type of farce football.

Hibernia Na Eir
29-12-2011, 05:46 PM
I just want to say LETS ALL GET INTO THESE JAMBO CLOWNS !!!