PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

hibsbollah
28-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Really poor performance and pretty happy to emerge with a point. Fenlon could be criticised for negativity in bringing on Murray, Palsson and Scott as subs, none of whom did anything, but he was probably right in hanging on for a point, which could be handy in May.

Stack 5

Booth 4 Thought he looked rusty. Still glad he's back and will improve our perennial problem position.
O'Hanlon 5
Stephens 4 I like him but he was poor tonight. He and O'Hanlon seemed to be taking turns in giving Tade as much room as possible.
Wotherspoon 6 Very good first half, gave the ball away too much second half.

Stevenson 6 See Spoony.
Towell 5 I dont rate him at all. Improved slightly as the game went on

Ivan 6 good workrate
Galbraith 4 Actually started well, before reverting to his usual self. Time to get rid.
Griffiths 4 Barely noticed him
O'Connor 5 Goal. That was about it.

Hibstrooper
28-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Stack 6

Spoony 4
O'hanlon 5
Stephens 5
Booth 6

Ivan 3
Stevenson 7
Towell 5
Galbraith 6

Griffiths 4
GOC 4 (+1 for the goal)

Billy Whizz
28-12-2011, 09:53 PM
No one can get above 5 for this performance
Stack 5 no chance for goal
Wotherspoon -1 and that's because it's xmas
O'Hanlon -4
Stephens -4
Booth -5 steady game
Sproule -1 terrible
Towell -1 as above
Stevenson - 5 at least tried
O'Connor -3
Griffiths - 3 if he's lucky
Galbraith -1
Subs

Sergeant Hibs
28-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Stack 6 - Out well a few times unlike recent weeks not much to do

Booth 6 - Was OK has been better but considering he's not played in months it was a good shift

O'Hanlon 4 - Bombscare

Stephens 3 - See O'Hanlon but worse

Spoony 7- Lost concentration a few times but put in an OK shift but he's not a RB but who else would you play there

Ivan 5 - Didnt get involved enough but he tried and he should've been passed to more

Stevenson 8 - Worked hard won the ball played a few good passes MOM renew contract please

Towell 7 - Was quite good similar role to Lewie although he could've done a bit more closing down rather than standing off all the time

Galbraith 3 - Please leave

O'Connor 6 - Took his goal well worked hard he needs help he cant do it all on his own

Griffiths 5 - OK first half was poor after half time

Scott 5- tried to create chances and get in about them

Palsson 1 - he can piss off lost the ball every time he touched it wage theif

Murray - no time

Pat Fenlon 6 - tried to get the team to create things but you can only do so much with this dross

Fans 2 - I cant stand the idiots that moan and shout rubbish at the players. A man behind me shouted "Lump It!" when Stephens had the ball he 'lumped' it and then he shouted "keep the ball on the deck ya bunch of gutless *******s" Seriously if you think we're that bad go and spend yer money elsewhere go to Barcelona and moan about how Messi's to lightweight and Pique's not fast enough I cant put into words how stupid the things the guys near me were.

The Voice Of Reason
28-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Really poor performance and pretty happy to emerge with a point. Fenlon could be criticised for negativity in bringing on Murray, Palsson and Scott as subs, none of whom did anything, but he was probably right in hanging on for a point, which could be handy in May.

Stack 5

Booth 4 Thought he looked rusty. Still glad he's back and will improve our perennial problem position.
O'Hanlon 5
Stephens 4 I like him but he was poor tonight. He and O'Hanlon seemed to be taking turns in giving Tade as much room as possible.
Wotherspoon 6 Very good first half, gave the ball away too much second half.

Stevenson 6 See Spoony.
Towell 5 I dont rate him at all. Improved slightly as the game went on

Ivan 6 good workrate
Galbraith 4 Actually started well, before reverting to his usual self. Time to get rid.
Griffiths 4 Barely noticed him
O'Connor 5 Goal. That was about it.

I agree with some of your comments/ratings, however as normal with your ratings, I think you have been pretty generous with some of your marks ! :greengrin

Here are mine :-

Stack 4 - looks really uncertain with balls anywhere near the box

Booth 4 - Lack of games showed, looked laboured
O'Hanlon 6 - I actually thought he did OK, much better than Stephens
Stephens 3 - Very poor performance, kept losing his man
Wotherspoon 4 - The usual poor performance. He would struggle to get a game for any other SPL team

Stevenson 6 - tried hard and at least showed for the ball. However the fact that he is playing Centre Mid for us sums up our problems
Towell 5 - Looks tubby. As with Stevenson, the fact that he is playing Centre Mid for us sums up our problems

Ivan 3 - Dreadful, did next to nothing
Galbraith 5 - Agree that he started well, however another who would struggle to get a game for any other SPL team
Griffiths 2 - shocking. Tries too many fancy flicks. How did he ever get a move to an EPL club ?!?!?
O'Connor 5 - for his goal alone. Did very little else. He looks badly out of shape, not the answer at present

Fenlon - I feel sorry for him because the simple fact is that these players are simply not good enough ! No pace, guile, character or leadership from the players. These goons actually deserve to go down ! :boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
28-12-2011, 10:06 PM

Booth 6 - Was OK has been better but considering he's not played in months it was a good shift

O'Hanlon 4 - Bombscare

Spoony 7- Lost concentration a few times but put in an OK shift but he's not a RB but who else would you play there

Ivan 5 - Didnt get involved enough but he tried and he should've been passed to more

Stevenson 8 - Worked hard won the ball played a few good passes MOM renew contract please

Towell 7 - Was quite good similar role to Lewie although he could've done a bit more closing down rather than standing off all the time

O'Connor 6 - Took his goal well worked hard he needs help he cant do it all on his own

Murray - no time

Pat Fenlon 6 - tried to get the team to create things but you can only do so much with this dross

Fans 2 - I cant stand the idiots that moan and shout rubbish at the players. A man behind me shouted "Lump It!" when Stephens had the ball he 'lumped' it and then he shouted "keep the ball on the deck ya bunch of gutless *******s" Seriously if you think we're that bad go and spend yer money elsewhere go to Barcelona and moan about how Messi's to lightweight and Pique's not fast enough I cant put into words how stupid the things the guys near me were.

Tonight was by no means the worst performance I've ever seen at Easter Road but there is no chance that any of our players deserved anything like a 7 or 8/10 on tonight's performance.

The Voice Of Reason
28-12-2011, 10:15 PM

O'Hanlon 4 - Bombscare

Murray - no time

Jesus Christ ! And I thought Hibsbollah was generous with his marks ! Your ratings for Towell, Stevenson and Wotherspoon are outrageously high !!!!!!! :duck:

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2011, 10:31 PM
O'Hanlon -4
Stephens -4
Booth -5 steady game
Sproule -1 terrible
Towell -1 as above
O'Connor -3
Galbraith -1
Subs

agree with above. The opening poster had Sproule having good workrate, not from what I watched, hid most of game

lucky
28-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Stevenson 6 rest not worth a ****. The yams will take at least 4 of this shower of *****

At The Edge
28-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Stack 6 - not too bad, but please stop the hoofing aimlessly up the park, esp to a striker who is in no way a lone striker.

Booth 6 - very happy to see him back, bit rusty and got turned a few times, but still head and shoulders above most of the team skill wise.

O'Hanlon 5 - i thought he had a decent game....compared to the other games i've seen, still gets caught out way to many times but was a bit more agressive today and seemed to be up for it.

Stephens 4 - does his job well, but when he strays out of his comfort zone and tries to be smart it sometimes backfires,

Spoony 6 - decent but gave Tade way too much space at times

Ivan 3 - a current waste of a jersey, he will probably get sent off against the Yams if he starts, way too many rash tackles

Stevenson 7 - not as good as recent weeks but decent

Towell 7 - again decent, needs to make himself available more often and hes no Ozzy for picking passes

Galbraith 3 - Don't want to criticise Hibs players too much, but this guy is a dud, he has skill but must use it on his xbox or something

O'Connor 5 - Apart from the goal, offered not a lot, although very hard when all the service you get is hoofball,

Griffiths 5 - still needs to learn his trade, fancy flicks are ace when pulled off, if you can't do the trick every time, don't do it, just play the simple pass, you'll get a better result,

Scott 5- Did ok when he came on, harried players, should start against Hearts

Palsson 2 - for jumping into the south to get the ball ( i think it was him)

Murray - 2 shutting up shop, happy with point type sub

Pat Fenlon 6 - his hair will be grey before the season is out, will need to spend some of his budget on Just for Men:wink:

Fans 5 - top marks to the 2 guys giving it what for at each other in sect 42, no idea what it was about, but very heated! :greengrin

Sergeant Hibs
28-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Jesus Christ ! And I thought Hibsbollah was generous with his marks ! Your ratings for Towell, Stevenson and Wotherspoon are outrageously high !!!!!!! :duck:

Just sayin it the way i see it bud that was a much improved performance IMHO

The Voice Of Reason
28-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Just sayin it the way i see it bud that was a much improved performance IMHO

Fair dos mate. :agree:

Gala Foxes
28-12-2011, 10:55 PM
lets face it - Hearts players maybe don't get paid but they still ALWAYS show more passion / commitment and hunger than our "comfortable" pro's ( in their state of the art training centre) ever show

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 11:37 PM
O'Hanlon -4
Stephens -4
Booth -5 steady game
Sproule -1 terrible
Towell -1 as above
O'Connor -3
Galbraith -1
Subs

Spot on mate. An honest summation of tonights fiasco.

Northernhibee
29-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Stack 4

Booth 4
O'Hanlon 2
Stephens 3
Wotherspoon 5

Stevenson 5
Towell 3

Ivan 4
Galbraith 3
Griffiths 4
O'Connor 3

Beefster
29-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Stack - 5 - Average keeper

Booth - 5 - Better at LB than Hanlon
O'Hanlon - 4 - Meh. It's a sad day when you think Hogg would have been better.
Stephens - 4 - Meh. It's a sad day when you think Hogg would have been better.
Wotherspoon - 4 - Needs to buck up now or Hibs will be the highest level he plays at.

Stevenson - 5 - Tries really hard and never stops but is a mediocre footballer. If we have ambitions of being a lower SPL club, we should keep him.
Towell - 3 - I have no idea why we brought him back. He's useless.

Ivan - 3 - ****ing woeful and hopefully Rodders now realises that any player begging to come back should be ignored, by default.
Galbraith - 2 - My three year old is less of a *****bag than this guy.
Griffiths - 4 - I've been hearing for about 3 years about how we should sign this guy. Bullet dodged IMO.
O'Connor - 4 - Without that free-kick, it would have been lower. Not good enough.

500miles
29-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Once again, the goalkeeper didn't have a meaningful save to make, and we lost two points to what was an outstanding solo effort.

With the January window coming up, I'm not too disheartened. Stephens, Stevenson, Wotherspoon, O'Connor and Booth are the players to build around, perhaps as well as Osbourne.

I was disapponted for Caldwell not to get a chance in place of Griffiths and maybe for young Stanton to come in place of one of the wingers.

happiehibbie
29-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Stack 4 looks nervous and with the shower in front of him

Booth 4 ring rusty
O'Hanlon 6 felt it was his best game for us
Stephens 5 put in some saving tackles felt ok with the two centre halfs
Wotherspoon 5

Stevenson 4 sorry lewis not good enough but one thing for you you dont hide or shy any tackles
Towell 4 came to us as a right back now centre midfiled
Ivan 1 for putting his strip on the right way
Galbraith 1 as above

Griffiths 1 was he playing
O'Connor 3 i think he is injured but really needs to stop diving at every opertunity there goal comes from him falling over.

i belive that this is the worst midfield i have ever seen selected I also felt we lost our shape as the game went on we are in a really bad way so many poor poor players the only one who showed any enthusisum was Scott I am really worried for us on Monday. it is no secret I watch Hearts but they seem to on fire at the moment templeton has came back onto form and remember this lot dont get paid and are better than us i think we have problems with out Pros not being Pros I dont think we will go down though i hope PF can get it right

Green_one
29-12-2011, 08:56 AM
I cannot believe some of the scores for Wotherspoon. He is never a full back and we either play him further up the park or not at all. His confidence is low, not helped by the crowd reaction to mistakes.

Ivan is a joke. He adds zero to the team. I really like the guy too.

I felt the centre backs did OK in one on one but their collective defending e.g. playing forwards off side, is woeful.

Galbraith - season one thought he had promise, season two disappointed he had not pushed on, season three - why is he still there?

Towell is not a central midfielder and certainly cannot be played alongside Stevenson - too alike - not enough creativity. looks overweght, as do a couple of others.

Felt the forwards got no service, so its difficult to call them out for that. The goal was superb. ICT are no better than us. Fight ball mainly.

Crowd - whats with the booing at half time guys? Yes the game was poor but that included ICT and a strong wind.

Overall - poor advert for Scottish football. The rubbish on the park was perhaps an omen.

HibeeMG
29-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Stack 4 - A couple of bombscare moments when he didn't want to come for the ball. Other than that and picking the ball out of the net he didn't have much to do.

Booth 5 - Still keeps turning inside and finding himself in trouble. Was the only player in the whole team who looked comfortable on the ball and was willing to bring it forward.
O'Hanlon 6 - Solid game. Still a few positional issues. Stack being behind him doesn't help. Hardly missed a header all night. Looked up for it.
Stephens 4 - Again, not the best positionally. Lost his man a few times which is worrying when that man is Gregory Tade!
Wotherspoon 1 - Terrible performance. Got caught out by the diagonal ball every time. Gave the ball away more times than not. Ridiculous ball played across the front of our box summed his night up.

Stevenson 5 - Another decent performance from the lad. On a hiding to nothing looking to play passes to players who have no movement or first touch. Kept trying though. Needs to be careful not to leave too much space behind him though.
Towell 4 - Meh. Ran about with no obvious role to play.

Ivan 1 - No pace left which means he can't beat a man. Didn't offer anything to the team as he never looked to get into a position to receive the ball.
Galbraith 2 - I like the lad as I've spoken to him a few times. This, though, was a terrible performance. First, second and third touch was awful. Shat out of challenges too often. Turned back when he should have ran into the space in front of him and vice versa.
Griffiths 3 - Looked to play off the shoulder of his man but other players aren't able to play that ball through to him. Needs to lift his head when he gets the ball.
O'Connor 4 - Only gets 4 for the free-kick. Too lazy to get into positions. Falls over a ridiculous amount of times for someone of his size. Can't find a team-mate from 5 yards. 'Nuff said.

Scott 3 - Should start in midfield. One of very few players who look like giving a damn. Tries to go forward. Liked him jumping into the away end to get the ball back for a corner.
Palsson 0 - Had about two touches, all of which didn't control the ball and gave it away. I'd be complaining if my 5-a-side mates had as bad a first touch.
Murray 0 - Not enough time to judge.

seven nowt
29-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Stack - 4
Booth - 5
O'Hanlon - 5
Stephens - 4
Wotherspoon - 2
Stevenson - 5
Towell - 3
Sproule - 3
Galbraith - 2