PDA

View Full Version : O'Hanlon out of the derby = good news

KiddA
28-12-2011, 08:45 PM
This guy is truly awful as a centre half and I hope this is true. He reminds me of Colin Murdoch

Easy one really get Murray in at least he is a little better

BoltonHibee
28-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Hopefully that's who plays there against the hearts

SurferRosa
28-12-2011, 08:50 PM
This guy is truly awful as a centre half and I hope this is true. He reminds me of Colin Murdoch

Incredibly,he got sponsers man of the match tonite.....:confused:, according tae Sportsound.

HibeeSince85
28-12-2011, 08:57 PM
He is terrible, no positional sense at all, looks lost.

The whole side is rank but he was the worst of the lot for me.

DarrenSQH
28-12-2011, 08:58 PM

Thats a bit harsh on Colin Murdoch.

KiddA
28-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Thats a bit harsh on Colin Murdoch.

:greengrin

.Sean.
28-12-2011, 09:05 PM
HNA deleted a post that didn't even breach your ridiculous filter. **** off.

skipster7
28-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Incredibly,he got sponsers man of the match tonite.....:confused:, according tae Sportsound.
just heard that in the car, the guy was almost laughing saying it.hes murder and stephens was as bad.i swear ive played with better pub players.

Davy Mac
28-12-2011, 09:23 PM
just heard that in the car, the guy was almost laughing saying it.hes murder and stephens was as bad.i swear ive played with better pub players.

The pair of them are a couple of crows.

Same on Saturday, not good enough - let's be brutally honest, we need to get rid now, no muckin about.

zlatan
28-12-2011, 09:34 PM

"He got given man of the match from those in hospitality. All I can say to that is it must be very good hospitality." :hilarious

Pedantic_Hibee
28-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I thought he played quite well tonight? Dominant and always on the front foot winning challenges I thought. Wee Stevenson was my MOM by a country mile.

Westie1875
28-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I thought he played quite well tonight? Dominant and always on the front foot winning challenges I thought. Wee Stevenson was my MOM by a country mile.

So did I.

skipster7
28-12-2011, 09:37 PM
agree,but only about lewis:agree:

I'm_cabbaged
28-12-2011, 09:39 PM
just saw his tackle against Foran again there, looked bad at the match, looks absolutely terrible on the telly box :agree:

Can the compliance officer give him a ten match ban? :greengrin

Joe
28-12-2011, 09:41 PM
What I find amazing is that someone actually watched Sean O'Hanlon play and thought "this guy is good enough for Hibs" If he is the best defender we could get for the money we pay him then god help us. Stephens atleast has an excuse, he's just a kid, we weren't buying the finished article with him, he's being thrust into the picture before he's ready because there's just nobody else who can play. But O'Hanlon is ****ing rank.

down-the-slope
28-12-2011, 09:41 PM
He won lots of headers well...however caught under the ball when played over the top 2/3 times causing a right mess...also at fist time of seeing his challenge on Foran was a clear a straight red as you will see...shocking studs up challenge high up shin...how the ref or assistant who was in line never saw it...
:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
28-12-2011, 09:42 PM

The MOTM award is a freakin joke.

He would have still got it even if he had been rightfully sent off.

Billy Whizz
28-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Why is he out of the Derby?

Hibercelona
28-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Why is he out of the Derby?

Are you kiding?

hiberactive
28-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Stephen's is murder,wish he was missing for the derby along with galbraith,sproule and wotherspoon-we are going nowhere with these guys

Billy Whizz
28-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Are you kiding?

He didn't get sent off???

Mon_the_cabbage
28-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Are you kiding?

I'd like to know the answer too!

It takes 14 days from breaching points thresholds to serving the ban.

So why is he (and O'Connor from other threads) out of the derby?

HibeeSince85
28-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Stephen's is murder,wish he was missing for the derby along with galbraith,sproule and wotherspoon-we are going nowhere with these guys

Spoony had some good moments tonight, played alright for me, first thing Hibs need is a centre back that can control his defence, no a world beater, doesn't need to even excel at anything, steady, does the simple things right, looks like he knows how to play football.

Get that and the defence will improve

Midfields no so easy, they also need to play with some shape, width, control the ball with your first touch so you can do what you want with it with your second.

That's a thread hijack sorry, but how poor is that team eh?

Holmesdale Hibs
28-12-2011, 10:22 PM
O'Hanlon played well tonight. Won alot of headers in tough conditions, got stuck in and looked more comfortable than Stephens. Don't see how it's good news that he won't play in the derby, especially if Hanlon is injured.

Wotherspoon did well in the first half but looked a bit dodgy in the second. He looked the weakest link at the back and is better in midfield IMO.

Andy74
28-12-2011, 10:38 PM
So did I.

Me too. A couple of headers misjudged in the wind but was aggressive and positive.

frazeHFC
28-12-2011, 10:40 PM
He is awful.

greenlex
28-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Add me to the he did alright list. Bith him and Stephens IMO. There were a couple of times again they switched of and you could have run a couple of buses between them when they switched of but on the whole did well in the conditions.
Stevenson was also my MOTM.
The passengers tonight were Towell Spoony and Ivan followed by O'Connor and Griffiths.

ballengeich
28-12-2011, 10:47 PM
O'Hanlon played well tonight. Won alot of headers in tough conditions, got stuck in and looked more comfortable than Stephens. Don't see how it's good news that he won't play in the derby, especially if Hanlon is injured.

Wotherspoon did well in the first half but looked a bit dodgy in the second. He looked the weakest link at the back and is better in midfield IMO.

I'd agree with you about O'Hanlon. It was a decent strong central defender's performance.

I thought Wotherspoon did well in his individual battle with Tade who's fast and strong (though not much of a footballer). I agree that he's better a bit further forward, but we don't have an obvious first-choice right back.

Hainan Hibs
28-12-2011, 10:49 PM
He seems the type of guy who you know is just going to **** it all up in a derby.

Wotherspiniesta
28-12-2011, 10:50 PM
How was that a booking for O'Hanlon by the way? Picked the ball up, thinking it was a Hibs throw? Gets the ball instantly wrestled from his grasp then gets booked. :confused:

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Personally dont think Stephens or O'Hanlon are that bad based on tonight. Dont forget they are trying to constantly cover for our utterly inept fullbacks and are given no protection whatsoever by the midfield or the joker behind them.

If we had the first clue about attacking then we might not need to worry about the defence quite so much...

BEEJ
28-12-2011, 11:24 PM
How was that a booking for O'Hanlon by the way? Picked the ball up, thinking it was a Hibs throw? Gets the ball instantly wrestled from his grasp then gets booked. :confused:
:agree: A ridiculous yellow card.

SMAXXA
29-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Dont get me wrong I dont rate So'H but why are folk giving him stick for the tackle on Foran, ffs I still play at a decent level of football and for me if I see a player who is clearly a threat to my side i.e. one who could cancel out our goal I would go through him like a steam train, **** all this pussey footing around that I see everytime I watch Hibs, whats the problem?????

Also I have seen a decent wee bit of Hibs recently (kick of times no clashing with mine) and how anyone can slate big Stephens is beyond me, aye he aint the finished article but for me he is one of the only shining lights to come out of this very bleek bleek time with Hibs.

Russ
29-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Dont get me wrong I dont rate So'H but why are folk giving him stick for the tackle on Foran, ffs I still play at a decent level of football and for me if I see a player who is clearly a threat to my side i.e. one who could cancel out our goal I would go through him like a steam train, **** all this pussey footing around that I see everytime I watch Hibs, whats the problem?????

Also I have seen a decent wee bit of Hibs recently (kick of times no clashing with mine) and how anyone can slate big Stephens is beyond me, aye he aint the finished article but for me he is one of the only shining lights to come out of this very bleek bleek time with Hibs.

Agreed, Stephens has great potential, and anyone slating him is a total flump, and this thread says it all about Hibs fans in general, O'Hanlon had his best game in a Hibs shirt tonight, in brutal conditions.

matty_f
29-12-2011, 06:46 AM

Totally agree with that. Foran put O'Hanlon on his backside in the penalty area off the ball in the first half, what O'Hanlon did was not admirable but Foran definitely got the message. We probably need a midfielder with a nasty streak like that as well, to be honest.

I've said it before, I think if O'Hanlon had started his first few games at Hibs better (IIRC, he injured himself against Celtc and then took a while to get up to speed with the SPL) then he'd not be getting such a hard time just now. I think he's doing fine in games regularly just now.

As for Stephens, totally agree - for a 19/20 year old he's showing up well. He made some cracking blocks last night, is comfortable with the ball at his feet, wins headers, is strong and quite quick for a big fella. Would pick him at CH ahead of anyone else at the club right now.

Delboy*
29-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Agreed, Stephens has great potential, and anyone slating him is a total flump, and this thread says it all about Hibs fans in general, O'Hanlon had his best game in a Hibs shirt tonight, in brutal conditions.

.netters in general maybe but dont tarnish all Hibees please!!:wink:

The truth is that this squad is seriously lacking in any real quality. I would wager that if you popped nearly any of this current squad into one of the better Hibs teams from the recent past (cup team etc) then they would look decent and be a good addition n thats because those teams had some proper quality, guys that could use the ball and leaders on the park.
Take wee Lewis for example, now im not having a pop as he is one of the better performers recently, but look back at when he first came on the scene. There were decent ball players n guys that 'had something' in the team and Lewis came in and looked fantastic. But we dont have that quality in the team now n its guys like Lewis that have to try to do that n, well, they've just not got it. make any sense??
We need a bit of quality in the middle of the park and start to dictate the game, I recon we would see better performances from some of these players. It just seems so rushed at the moment n Hibs' first touch is a tackle...
Centre-mid players please Mr. Fenlon :aok:

RIP
29-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Best player on the park tonight by a country mile.

Judas Iscariot
29-12-2011, 11:06 AM

Great post mate, agree with all of that :agree:

Pretty Boy
29-12-2011, 11:13 AM
I though O'Hanlon was decent bordering on good last night considering how little protection he had from the midfield and full backs.

Then again folk will see what they want to see and now that he has been branded as pish there will be no chance given for him to redeem himself now.

edwards
29-12-2011, 11:15 AM
The centre of defence played well tonight O'Hanlon won everything our midfield gave them very little cover.
Stephens should be kept but bring in another experienced central defender and a right back.

Spike Mandela
29-12-2011, 11:17 AM
So do we have suspensions for Hearts game or not?:confused:

heretoday
29-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Add me to the he did alright list. Bith him and Stephens IMO. There were a couple of times again they switched of and you could have run a couple of buses between them when they switched of but on the whole did well in the conditions.
Stevenson was also my MOTM.
The passengers tonight were Towell Spoony and Ivan followed by O'Connor and Griffiths.

O'Connor got no support. Stevenson was showing more effort than most. I think he could do with losing a pound or two around the midriff though.

BEEJ
29-12-2011, 11:40 AM
9 times out of ten, he would have been red-carded for a tackle like that, leaving the team down to ten men for more than half the game.

That's the problem.

Totally agree with that. Foran put O'Hanlon on his backside in the penalty area off the ball in the first half, what O'Hanlon did was not admirable but Foran definitely got the message. We probably need a midfielder with a nasty streak like that as well, to be honest.

Hard to know whether it was down to an 'inner streak of nastiness' or simply an ill-judged, mis-timed tackle.

I'd prefer our players 'nasty' exploits to be played out much more subtley and well away from the gaze of the match officials. :spider:

Malthibby
29-12-2011, 11:52 AM
O'Hanlon & Stephens were pretty much ok last night but more to the point at the moment there is no-one to replace them with who are likely to do any better, hence the need for new faces.
Someone suggested O'Connor had no support but his touch was hilariously bad. Thought after his goal he was going to get involved but he delivered a series of passes which just got worse & worse.
Griffiths was also woeful; he doesn't seem to be able to get past anyone. I really like Spoony but his confidence is shot & his fresh air clearance attempt summed things up nicely.
Stevenson was MOTM by a street.

We are just very very soft, & very very bad but anyone who thinks this is the worst Hibs team they have ever seen is just very very young.
GG

SteveHFC
29-12-2011, 12:04 PM

6 bookings = 1 game ban to be enforced 14 days after last booking
doesn;t matter they got booked only a red card means you miss the next game

both players have 4 bookings each in league (http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/291728-seven-players-walking-suspension-tightrope-spl-disciplinary-watch/)

Spike Mandela
29-12-2011, 12:05 PM
6 bookings = 1 game ban to be enforced 14 days after last booking
doesn;t matter they got booked only a red card means you miss the next game

both players have 4 bookings each in league (http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/291728-seven-players-walking-suspension-tightrope-spl-disciplinary-watch/)

Cheers.

JimBHibees
30-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Personally think SOH has been better in the last few games under Fenlon than previously. Stephens to me is a bigger worry and if fit would bring Hanlon into the middle with SOH. Think Stephens for his size could be more aggressive and for me should have dealt with Daly in the air for last weeks second goal. He is young though so that should be taken into account.

matty_f
30-12-2011, 11:08 AM
9 times out of ten, he would have been red-carded for a tackle like that, leaving the team down to ten men for more than half the game.

That's the problem.

Hard to know whether it was down to an 'inner streak of nastiness' or simply an ill-judged, mis-timed tackle.

I'd prefer our players 'nasty' exploits to be played out much more subtley and well away from the gaze of the match officials. :spider:

It was out the gaze of the officials-Inverness never even got a free kick for it! :wink:

GreenPJ
30-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Whilst the defence still needs a lot of work I think our problems stem from up front. O'Connor can't win anything in the air and has the touch of an elephant and Griffiths always tries to beat one man too many so before you know it the ball is back with the opposition and the midfield and defensive are immediately under pressure again.

We need to retain the ball up front more to give the midfielders and defenders a bit of relief.

Hibs Class
30-12-2011, 04:45 PM

No, but O Hanlon will miss the Dunfermline game.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2011/12/December2011/PlayerSuspensions/LOS24(29-DEC).pdf

SMAXXA
30-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Whilst the defence still needs a lot of work I think our problems stem from up front. O'Connor can't win anything in the air and has the touch of an elephant and Griffiths always tries to beat one man too many so before you know it the ball is back with the opposition and the midfield and defensive are immediately under pressure again.

We need to retain the ball up front more to give the midfielders and defenders a bit of relief.

Mate I think thats a really good point and I have been thinking the same myself, seems nothing sticks and whn we do go one up front we are constantly on the back foot under pressure. Not saying up front is our only problems mind but I think its one of the main issues.

skipster7
30-12-2011, 05:10 PM
everyone entitled to their opinion of course by i must have been at a different game.
O'Hanlon-constantly misjudging ball and being either beaten in the air by someone much smaller or failing to win a clean header, unable to pass the ball .
Stephens-exact same plus no pace,far too cumbersome and out the park or hoof even when he has time to bring it down.
Any striker worth his salt would fancy their chances against these 2 imo.
It cant be easy with that midfield in front but just not good enough.as for O'Connor,the paper cups on the pitch had better movement than him and very rarely makes a decent run off the ball therefore we are hoofing it towards a statue.:brickwall