PDA

View Full Version : Bring On Hearts.

Thecat23
28-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Don't care how bad we are i honestly think Pat and the boys will win the derby. Yes i've watched Hibs and the game tonight, a derby is a derby and form goes out the window. We were written off the derby deek's got the winner and folk thought at least 5 that night. Lets turn the tide and just get right behind the boys in green they need it more than ever.

Sorry for the positive post btw :greengrin

Come on HIBS as bad as you are you're my team and i believe you can win it.

johnrebus
28-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Don't care how bad we are i honestly think Pat and the boys will win the derby. Yes i've watched Hibs and the game tonight, a derby is a derby and form goes out the window. We were written off the derby deek's got the winner and folk thought at least 5 that night. Lets turn the tide and just get right behind the boys in green they need it more than ever.

Keep taking the tablets.

:rolleyes:

Leithenhibby
28-12-2011, 09:50 PM

:agree: 100%, Lets get the game plan sorted and step up, can't wait .... :greengrin

Thecat23
28-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Keep taking the tablets.

:rolleyes:

Oi beat it with those negitive vibes.. I actually just took 2 tramadol so i think this may have affected my mind a little :wink:

Sammy7nil
28-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Form does not go out the window in the Edinburgh Derby Hearts have dominated for years with the odd blips.

FFS Hearts have won more derbies at ER than Hibs.

Liam89
28-12-2011, 09:52 PM
We will lose by 3 or 4...

Gordy M
28-12-2011, 09:56 PM
We will lose by 3 or 4...

They have only scored four away from home all season(lowest in britain) so if that happens we are well and truely in the ****. FWIW i think we will get at least a draw.

Thecat23
28-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Form does not go out the window in the Edinburgh Derby Hearts have dominated for years with the odd blips.

FFS Hearts have won more derbies at ER than Hibs.

Yeah they have, that's history though.. This is now. Just because they have won more that means they will win this? Ok lets not turn up and just hand them the points.

We may be bad but i'm actually getting tired of folk just accepting we should be beat. All this is defo effecting the players imagine (i know its hard) but everyone not turning against the team at the first mistake, still shouting support from the stands and getting on top of the hearts players. That will help win the derby not ripping into them at every chance.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2011, 10:02 PM
If Hearts play the way the did against Motherwell and our middle two get caught square like they did tonight, we could be on the end of a proper tanking. But although there are plenty of cliches thrown around, the team has to know how much this one matters to us.

Sammy7nil
28-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeah they have, that's history though.. This is now. Just because they have won more that means they will win this? Ok lets not turn up and just hand them the points.

We may be bad but i'm actually getting tired of folk just accepting we should be beat. All this is defo effecting the players imagine (i know its hard) but everyone not turning against the team at the first mistake, still shouting support from the stands and getting on top of the hearts players. That will help win the derby not ripping into them at every chance.

Imagine a team rolling their selves battling for EVERY ball and winning most.
Imagine we created some chances and looked like we could score.
Imagine we kept a clean sheet.

I think the fans would soon get behind a team like that.

Thecat23
28-12-2011, 10:05 PM
If Hearts play the way the did against Motherwell and our middle two get caught square like they did tonight, we could be on the end of a proper tanking. But although there are plenty of cliches thrown around, the team has to know how much this one matters to us.

Correct, They must know now it's been to long since a derby win. If they want fans to truly back them, then beating hearts is a must. I'll be there and i'll be behind the boys 100%.

Thecat23
28-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Lets hope we get players in at the Jan window who do this. Then maybe some fans will come back.

Kato
28-12-2011, 10:08 PM
everyone not turning against the team at the first mistake, still shouting support from the stands and getting on top of the hearts players. That will help win the derby not ripping into them at every chance.

Well said.

The_Todd
28-12-2011, 10:10 PM
"Form goes out the window at a derby" is a jaded old cliche, I'm afraid. Hearts will be looking forward to this derby big time.

Mango Man
28-12-2011, 10:13 PM

Come on HIBS as bad as you are you're my team and i believe you can win it. When it comes to Hibs the saying 'it's a derby, form goes out the window' doesn't seem to apply with Hibs, for as long as I've supported them, which is over 20 years, they more often than not don't turn up, so annoying.

SkintHibby
28-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Baton down the hatches boys cause we are going to get absolutely horsed by the team that can't pay their players!:hide:

SneakersO'Toole
28-12-2011, 10:17 PM
I hope that all January games get mysteriously cancelled so we can use the whole month to bring in new players to replace the utter dross we currently have.

Dreading the derby. Hearts are gash but will probably stole it. Says everything about our team.

Niffy
28-12-2011, 10:26 PM
You never know... a few loan signings from Barcelona on Jan 1st... an afternoon's training at EM and we'll be fine on the 2nd.

If not.........

Hibercelona
28-12-2011, 10:28 PM
We should replace our squad with their squad.

They would work harder and have more dig about them and we wouldn't need to worry about paying them. Seems like a bargain if i've ever saw one. :agree:

Davy Mac
28-12-2011, 10:35 PM
When it comes to Hibs the saying 'it's a derby, form goes out the window' doesn't seem to apply with Hibs, for as long as I've supported them, which is over 20 years, they more often than not don't turn up, so annoying.

Oh they turn up all right but turn up without a backbone.

Never had a true leader in the last 35 years watching Hibs - apart from Sauzee.

That mob always look forward to the derby even if they are playing shxte, treble our players bonuses, do whatever needs to be done to get some pride back, after all that's what they do.

IFONLY
28-12-2011, 10:37 PM

I think you`re imagining you`re A ****bo

Northernhibee
28-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Baton down the hatches boys cause we are going to get absolutely horsed by the team that can't pay their players!:hide:

Just got 200/1 odds on 5-0.

Their players are in the shop window knowing that every single one of them are available, we're absolutely hopeless and it looks as if we may be without O'Hanlon, O'Connor (suspension), Osbourne (injury) and potentially even Griffiths if he doesn't recover.

Sick to the stomach thinking about this derby.

Cod Boy
28-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Hibs havent had any form to go out the window for months

chrisski33
28-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I hope we win i hope we thrash them but we wont!

Hibernia Na Eir
29-12-2011, 10:05 AM
BBC reported last night that Hearts have the worst away goals record in British senior football! and they have only won something like one away game in a year! ........

oh no!

lyonhibs
29-12-2011, 11:39 AM
"Form goes out the window at a derby" is a jaded old cliche, I'm afraid. Hearts will be looking forward to this derby big time.

:agree::agree: One of the most over-used and unjustified clichés in Scottish football. Hearts are in far better form, and this coupled with our abysmal derby record means they will go into this as favourites. It'll take a miracle for Fenlon to turn this bunch of jokers into a team that will compete in a Derby.

In the current circumstances, whilst I hope to high heaven we win, if you offered me a draw now, I would be sorely tempted to take it.

Sir David Gray
29-12-2011, 12:06 PM

Whilst I really admire your optimism, I'm afraid the bit about form going out of the window is nonsense, at least in relation to Hibs and derbies anyway.

Apart from the 1 game you refer to, I can't think off the top of my head of a single derby that Hibs have managed to win when we've been in such a bad state as we are right
now.

Hearts are undoubtedly in dire straits financially and they may not be all that good at the moment either but they are still miles ahead of us on the pitch and I would be surprised, shocked even, if that's not reflected in the scoreline on Monday.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-12-2011, 12:49 PM
A Hearts win on Monday pays 2.42 on Betfair, not sure if i can force myself to press the keys to place such a bet!

Billy Whizz
29-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Noticed they have now sold out their allocation

Malthibby
29-12-2011, 12:59 PM
4:1 to the Hibees.
GG
Not for nothing have I the worst average score in the SPL predictor.

At The Edge
29-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Every one of the Hearts fans in my work have put 3 points on the board for themselves. They really can't see themslves losing, sad thing is after last nights performance, i can see it as well. a small consolation is that Hart shouldn't be up against Templeton, unless Pat puts him back in the team.

Hibs do me and thousands others a favour and at least turn up for the game, i don't mind getting beat if we put a performance in but the rolling over does my nut in.

2-0 to the cabbage:wink:

:pfgwa

Leithenhibby
29-12-2011, 01:09 PM
A Hearts win on Monday pays 2.42 on Betfair, not sure if i can force myself to press the keys to place such a bet!

Don't do it!! :wink:

As many have said, a derby is a derby :greengrin Take Ayr Unt v Killie. They never fail to surprise ... Save your money for "the scottish" :thumbsup:

Hibrandenburg
29-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Grew up watching Hibs pump Hearts at nearly every opportunity. Since I moved away the record has been absolutely atrocious. Our time will come again soon however not soon enough for this derby. Draw would be a good bet IMO.

matty_f
29-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I think the game will be close and it's definitely win-able. We can't carry any passengers on the day though.

Springbank
29-12-2011, 02:08 PM
I think the game will be close and it's definitely win-able. We can't carry any passengers on the day though.

this derby is finishing 2.1 hibs and the doyle is scoring the goals

down the slope
29-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Hearts have been good at home but their away record is very patchy, if you take a form line through the Aberdeen game they never managed to score and we were only beaten by a penalty from a dive so maybe there is a wee chance but a draw is the best we can hope for in the circumstances.

Hibees07
29-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Anyone suggesting a positive result in the Derby is clearly still recovering from their Xmas festivities.

We cannot win any game and we have the weakest, softest & most unskillful team in the league. The pulling out of challenges last night was stomach churning & if any player in my u16's squad acted like that they would be hauled straight of the park.

An utter disgrace the the famous :hibeesjersey.:agree:

Bostonhibby
29-12-2011, 03:02 PM

admire your optimism I really do, can I have a few pints of wherever it comes from:wink:

This is about the worst I have ever felt before a derby, Doyle might play so that could be a positive, if we can get the ball to him but we are almost the opposite of them, they are winning generally, we are not, they have a team spirit bordering on a siege mentality, they know their limitations and play to them, they seem to be able to hold onto a lead, and even come back from losing a goal, they are clearly fitter.

Delighted to be wrong but I fear a heavy defeat. That said I will be up early, hung over, Hibs gear on per usual.............

NAE NOOKIE
29-12-2011, 03:41 PM

Good for you mate ..... you will live a long and happy life with a great attitude like that.

Oh .... just a wee thing ........ When you are given booze for Christmas its not good for you to drink it all at once :greengrin

Thecat23
29-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Good for you mate ..... you will live a long and happy life with a great attitude like that.

Oh .... just a wee thing ........ When you are given booze for Christmas its not good for you to drink it all at once :greengrin

:greengrin That and take strong painkillers at the same time = This kind of post. Stuff it i'm still backing us for the win.