PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard ........

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 11:47 AM
About any proposed new players coming in during the Jan transfer window? Seems to me there is nothing being leeked from E/R - usually there are posters on here letting us all know of wee snippets/hunches they have but not lately, anyone got any ideas ?

greenlex
28-12-2011, 11:53 AM
About any proposed new players coming in during the Jan transfer window? Seems to me there is nothing being leeked from E/R - usually there are posters on here letting us all know of wee snippets/hunches they have but not lately, anyone got any ideas ?
I am sure there will be more players in during January. If we don't sign a right back I will be extremely puzzled.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I am sure there will be more players in during January. If we don't sign a right back I will be extremely puzzled.

I am sure we will be signing a few players in Jan, just wondered if anyone had heard any roumours as to who they may be, what positions etc

Barney McGrew
28-12-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm sure a right back is high on the list of priorities.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Hibs were definitely very interested in Jon Daly at Dundee United (not for the first time either) whether that has changed with the arrival of Doyle and the possibility of keeping Griffiths for longer i don't know.

Source is a first team player at Dundee United.

I'm almost certain there will be at least 3 or 4 arrivals in January to ensure our safety and hopefully provide a foundation for the real rebuilding work in the summer.

WhileTheChief..
28-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Hopefully the signing of Doyle this side of the window opening is a sign that we will move more quickly than in previous years.

After the derby we've got Cowdenbeath, Dunfermiline, St Johnstone and Rangers in January. We really need to have new faces on board before the Dunfermline game.

Last year's window was a disaster for us and I think lessons will have been learned. I'm also fairly optimistic that decent funds will be made available for the necessary changes.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Hopefully the signing of Doyle this side of the window opening is a sign that we will move more quickly than in previous years.

After the derby we've got Cowdenbeath, Dunfermiline, St Johnstone and Rangers in January. We really need to have new faces on board before the Dunfermline game.

Last year's window was a disaster for us and I think lessons will have been learned. I'm also fairly optimistic that decent funds will be made available for the necessary changes.

Was glad to see the Doyle signing so early, vast improvement on last years [and previous years] fiasco's when we wait until last few days of window before signings are made. IMO could do with a ch, r/b mid-field general as being urgent and anyone else would be a bonus. [ all signed nearer to start of window rather than late on.

Cropley10
28-12-2011, 12:20 PM
I am sure we will be signing a few players in Jan, just wondered if anyone had heard any roumours as to who they may be, what positions etc

Well I'm hoping we do all we can to weaken that shower of ***** ******** who call themselves the Big Team by signing a couple of their players. Billy Brown has the measure of each of them and will know what they're supposed to be paid. Had Hammil not been injured I could have seen us going for him, but there must be other decent players who are keen to escape.

Big Frank
28-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Well I'm hoping we do all we can to weaken that shower of ***** ******** who call themselves the Big Team by signing a couple of their players. Billy Brown has the measure of each of them and will know what they're supposed to be paid. Had Hammil not been injured I could have seen us going for him, but there must be other decent players who are keen to escape.

Absolutely spot on Crops :agree:

Hibernian should be about strengthening themselves and if possible, weakening their rivals at the same time.

Cropley10
28-12-2011, 12:23 PM

You need to remember though that it's not easy doing business in the January window [unless of course you're Leicester and you want to buy Sol Bamba:greengrin].

Plus of course we're now absolutely skinto.

Aldo
28-12-2011, 12:30 PM
You need to remember though that it's not easy doing business in the January window [unless of course you're Leicester and you want to buy Sol Bamba:greengrin].

Zaliukas and Kello please along with Stevenson. Daly from Utd would be a no bad addition but we have Sodje already on the cards.

WhileTheChief..
28-12-2011, 12:31 PM

Unfortunately I can't see Leicester or any other club knocking at our door on Jan 1 to sign anyone this year. :wink:

Aldo
28-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately I can't see Leicester or any other club knocking at our door on Jan 1 to sign anyone this year. :wink:

Can we not just knock at their door, leave a player or 6 and run away?? ;-)

silverhibee
28-12-2011, 12:52 PM
Think we may see another couple of players from Ireland and a couple of loan deals until the end of the season.

scoopyboy
28-12-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm expecting to see a right back coming in pronto.

An experienced one essential, tall hard tackling type that can chip in with a few goals as well.

Andy74
28-12-2011, 01:01 PM

Last year's window was a disaster?

Long term maybe as we are saddled with a few players we wouldn't want but it did give us a few results to steer us away from trouble.

What lessons are you suggesting will have been learned?

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-12-2011, 01:02 PM

An experienced one essential, tall hard tackling type that can chip in with a few goals as well.

And they are?.......

Ringothedog
28-12-2011, 01:03 PM

That sounds like John Brownlie, in fact John Brownlie in his 60's would be better than our current incumbent

Speedy
28-12-2011, 01:03 PM

I saw this boy at East Mains and my mate said he's a right back...might be able to do a job?

http://qoo6.com/data_images/maicon/maicon-01.jpg

Hibernia Na Eir
28-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Zaliukas and Kello please along with Stevenson. Daly from Utd would be a no bad addition but we have Sodje already on the cards.

is Kello not Celtic bound??

SteveHFC
28-12-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm sure silverhibee and scoopyboy will have some info :aok:

Andy74
28-12-2011, 01:18 PM

Daly would need a fee surely so no danger.

I gather St Johnstone have made a move for Stevenson so that's possible - I had thought he would head to England if anywhere.

Kello and Zaliukas will get decent clubs somewhere.

WhileTheChief..
28-12-2011, 02:19 PM

Long term maybe as we are saddled with a few players we wouldn't want but it did give us a few results to steer us away from trouble.

Granted we got the results that we needed in February but I was more getting at the quality of players that we signed. I don't think any could really be described as a success and the general feeling seems to be that another clearout is required.

I was suggesting that by moving quickly this year and getting players in at the beginning of the window instead of towards the end we might have a stronger team and therefore a better chance of staying in the cup and picking up more points.

H18sry
28-12-2011, 02:23 PM
I saw this boy at East Mains and my mate said he's a right back...might be able to do a job?

http://qoo6.com/data_images/maicon/maicon-01.jpg

Who is he?

Cropley10
28-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Daly would need a fee surely so no danger.

I gather St Johnstone have made a move for Stevenson so that's possible - I had thought he would head to England if anywhere.

Kello and Zaliukas will get decent clubs somewhere.

We know we're not able to compete with St Johnstone, hope Stevo has offers from the Championship.

Aldo
28-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Who is he?

Is that no Maicon. Inters Brazilian RB!

Andy74
28-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Granted we got the results that we needed in February but I was more getting at the quality of players that we signed. I don't think any could really be described as a success and the general feeling seems to be that another clearout is required.

I was suggesting that by moving quickly this year and getting players in at the beginning of the window instead of towards the end we might have a stronger team and therefore a better chance of staying in the cup and picking up more points.

Moving too quickly can also mean that we end up with more duds.

We can only sign our targets when they are available and that most often happens at the end of the window.

Better to be the right players for the long term than just getting bodies in to help with a couple of games in January surely?

I'm not sure your points actually fit together.

Eyrie
28-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Is that no Maicon. Inters Brazilian RB!
That's him. Pretty much the same age as Hart though ;)

KeithTheHibby
28-12-2011, 02:42 PM
We know we're not able to compete with St Johnstone, hope Stevo has offers from the Championship.

Do you seriously believe that???

Nothing more than a diddy club having a good season. No way can they attract better players than us.

BEEJ
28-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Moving too quickly can also mean that we end up with more duds.

We can only sign our targets when they are available and that most often happens at the end of the window.

Better to be the right players for the long term than just getting bodies in to help with a couple of games in January surely?

I'm not sure your points actually fit together.
Andy, you surely don't believe that leaving signings to the last week in the window is all about ensuring we get the best candidates for the position? :greengrin

In truth, sometimes you just have to allocate that proportion of your budget that is required to get your number one target in on day one, instead of resorting to a few weeks of haggling with two or three different options to see who blinks first and to save the club a few percent on the guy's wages / benefits package.

Speed is sometimes of the essence. :wink: I feel that we'll see a bit more urgency in our transfer dealings during this coming window.

greenlex
28-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Andy, you surely don't believe that leaving signings to the last week in the window is all about ensuring we get the best candidates for the position? :greengrin

In truth, sometimes you just have to allocate that proportion of your budget that is required to get your number one target in on day one, instead of resorting to a few weeks of haggling with two or three different options to see who blinks first and to save the club a few percent on the guy's wages / benefits package.

Speed is sometimes of the essence. :wink: I feel that we'll see a bit more urgency in our transfer dealings during this coming window.
what if we do just give it our best shot on day one and it's either not enough or used to get a better deal somewhere else? Who s to say that doesn't happen in some or most cases?

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Sorry if I am being a wee bit pedantic here, but we are now on page 2 of this thread and to this point there has been no names mentioned of players coming / rumoured to be coming as originally asked by my post. Lot of good valid points raised but still no leak of any players. ANYONE got ANY info ?

( There has been players names put forward as being the right type of player required but not that they were lined up to be signed by us )

thebakerboy
28-12-2011, 04:06 PM

Nothing more than a diddy club having a good season. No way can they attract better players than us.

Did they no sign Cillian Sheridan from under our nose.

ScottB
28-12-2011, 04:49 PM

Thank **** they did.

Personally this whole buy early / buy late thing isn't as simple as some folk on here think it is. I want us to get the right players in, if that means waiting, so be it.

johnrebus
28-12-2011, 05:37 PM

If St Johnstone is a 'diddy' club, then what does that make us?

Pretty Boy
28-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Sorry if I am being a wee bit pedantic here, but we are now on page 2 of this thread and to this point there has been no names mentioned of players coming / rumoured to be coming as originally asked by my post. Lot of good valid points raised but still no leak of any players. ANYONE got ANY info ?

( There has been players names put forward as being the right type of player required but not that they were lined up to be signed by us )

Ahem. See my first post.

tamig
28-12-2011, 05:43 PM

My thoughts entirely.

the signings in January saved us. Let's hope this window's batch can do the same - and hopefully make a longer term contribution as well.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Hibs were definitely very interested in Jon Daly at Dundee United (not for the first time either) whether that has changed with the arrival of Doyle and the possibility of keeping Griffiths for longer i don't know.

Source is a first team player at Dundee United.

I'm almost certain there will be at least 3 or 4 arrivals in January to ensure our safety and hopefully provide a foundation for the real rebuilding work in the summer.

Ok I stand corrected - to an extent - can I then ammend my previous to read "Only one player named " as interesting us . The rest of the names quoted are players posters think could do a job for us, not suppossed targets.

tamig
28-12-2011, 05:55 PM

That's the biggest misconception around - and I wish folk here would wise up to it. It's been mentioned often enough. CC wanted him for a year. Sofia only wanted him to go til January. St J were happy to get him until then. Nowt to do with cash.

BEEJ
28-12-2011, 06:27 PM
what if we do just give it our best shot on day one and it's either not enough or used to get a better deal somewhere else? Who s to say that doesn't happen in some or most cases?
Well if that is indeed the general issue, then the stats on the timing of our player signings would suggest that we suffer from the same unhealthy level of misfortune with our dealings in the transfer market as we apparently do on managerial recruitment.

:greengrin

BEEJ
28-12-2011, 06:32 PM

If there are no leaks / rumours then that can only be a good thing. It doesn't mean that nothing is happening. Just that (so far) we're keeping our cards closer to our chest than in previous windows.

:wink:

Springbank
28-12-2011, 06:46 PM
A little birdie tells me that Mehdi Taouill is apparently settled in Edinburgh, but not settled at Hearts… hmm….

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 06:56 PM
A little birdie tells me that Mehdi Taouill is apparently settled in Edinburgh, but not settled at Hearts… hmm….

Hope your wee bird is correct, he is a good player and could certainly do a job for us.