PDA

View Full Version : Fixtures

dp00
28-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Do the spl think when they make up the fixtures

We are in holiday season when most folk are off and would possibly take in a game when they normally can't

So what does the spl do ?

Send hearts fans to Aberdeen and Inverness fans to Edinburgh ...

Surely it would have made more sense to have teams playing teams close to them during the festive period in order to try boost attendances

For example us and hearts could have played Dundee united, Dunfermline. I'm sure someone on here could make up a festive fixture list which would make sense for all teams

They say the spl is bothered about the fans :/

Hermit Crab
28-12-2011, 12:12 PM

We are in holiday season when most folk are off and would possibly take in a game when they normally can't

Surely it would have made more sense to have teams playing teams close to them during the festive period in order to try boost attendances

For example us and hearts could have played Dundee united, Dunfermline. I'm sure someone on here could make up a festive fixture list which would make sense for all teams

Count ourselves lucky as we usually get shafted wit away trips to Aberdeen or Inverness over the festive period.

CentreLine
28-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Yes its a bit inconvenient having teams from places like Inverness and Aberdeen in the league. SPL should make a rule that only teams from the south of Scotland need apply. Dundee's a bit far away too and God forbid Ross County get promoted next season.

greenlex
28-12-2011, 12:28 PM

What better time to travel to the teams furthest away. As you say mst folk are on holiday so theyhave all day to get there and all night to get back. Better still a wee night stopover followed by a bit f sight seeing. Well done the SPL I say.

Golden Bear
28-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Afternoon kick offs on Boxing Day would have been much more sensible and "fan friendly" than evening kicks offs on the 28th December.

But this is Scottish fitba so don't expect common sense to prevail.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Geez we really are a caring lot aren't we. The Op has a valid point and in response gets nothing but derogatory replies. I for one agree with him/her, also what clown decided to make December a month with 4 out of 5 Hibs fixtures away from home? About time we went back to the old system of home one week away the next, now I know at some point in the future we will get a month when the fixtures are reversed and we will have 4 out of 5 at home but really do believe home/away on alternative weeks is best system. Not all supporters travel to away games, so when the current situation arises those fans see one game in a month and may not be able to afford 4 games in a month

dp00
28-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Geez, never let me put my point across again

greenlex
28-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Geez, never let me put my point across again
Why? In case there is a differing viewpoint? As far as I can see you have had one snarky response.
the boards for debate.:wink:

Jack
28-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Geez we really are a caring lot aren't we. The Op has a valid point and in response gets nothing but derogatory replies. I for one agree with him/her, also what clown decided to make December a month with 4 out of 5 Hibs fixtures away from home? About time we went back to the old system of home one week away the next, now I know at some point in the future we will get a month when the fixtures are reversed and we will have 4 out of 5 at home but really do believe home/away on alternative weeks is best system. Not all supporters travel to away games, so when the current situation arises those fans see one game in a month and may not be able to afford 4 games in a monthI think you're right. To have clubs, normally Hibs or hearts are travelling to the furthest reaches of Scotland rather than clubs with smaller supports travelling it nuts. As someone else has said its normally us that travels to ICT this time of year and to have matches played on Christmas Eve was nuts!Of course the OF aren't going far tonight, even on Christmas Eve one lot had the inconvenience of only going about 10 minutes down the motorway assuming they could get away from their remote controls.Its all done in a very even handed sort of way.

greenginger
28-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Any idea why there is a full SPL fixture list kicking off at the same time as the Old Firm game being shown live on T V.

That's bound to knock a few thousand off the gates .:confused:

Jack
28-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Any idea why there is a full SPL fixture list kicking off at the same time as the Old Firm game being shown live on T V.

That's bound to knock a few thousand off the gates .:confused:

Its an OF fixture and the powers that be don't really care what happens to the rest - in fact knocking a few thousand off the gate is probably a good idea to keep the rest firmly in their place :rolleyes:

down-the-slope
28-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Yes its a bit inconvenient having teams from places like Inverness and Aberdeen in the league. SPL should make a rule that only teams from the south of Scotland need apply. Dundee's a bit far away too and God forbid Ross County get promoted next

season.

Don't joke about that - OF have already moaned about ICT inconvienience etc...when there are 2 in SPL from that area I can see them pushing even harder for a 10 team league in the hope these 2 are pushed out.....

Makes you wonder whether they understand the distances involved in the EPL that they are so keen to join :rolleyes:

greenginger
28-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Its an OF fixture and the powers that be don't really care what happens to the rest - in fact knocking a few thousand off the gate is probably a good idea to keep the rest firmly in their place :rolleyes:

Assuming Sky requested the O. F. game tonight to suit their schedules, could the rest of the SPL not been tomorrow as the next games are Monday ?

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Assuming Sky requested the O. F. game tonight to suit their schedules, could the rest of the SPL not been tomorrow as the next games are Monday ?

Or even given a 3pm kick off today ? Lot of folk still on holiday.

Mary Hinge
28-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Geez we really are a caring lot aren't we. The Op has a valid point and in response gets nothing but derogatory replies. I for one agree with him/her, also what clown decided to make December a month with 4 out of 5 Hibs fixtures away from home? About time we went back to the old system of home one week away the next, now I know at some point in the future we will get a month when the fixtures are reversed and we will have 4 out of 5 at home but really do believe home/away on alternative weeks is best system. Not all supporters travel to away games, so when the current situation arises those fans see one game in a month and may not be able to afford 4 games in a month

We should also try playing all games at 3 o'clock on a Saturday :agree: