PDA

View Full Version : Sam Stanton

Daz1875
28-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Being bigged up by PF is in his thoughts for tonight... what do we know about him ??

:pfgwa

oconnors_strip
28-12-2011, 09:50 AM
That he is not afraid to shoot and has scored 3 goals this season. He works his socks off in midfield as he never stops running

Definately one for the future!

ronaldo7
28-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Being bigged up by PF is in his thoughts for tonight... what do we know about him ??

:pfgwa

Great chance of him making it imo, however he's not quite ready yet. Travel with the squad, and bench is the best bet I would think.

happiehibbie
28-12-2011, 12:08 PM
watched him at the east of scotland shield final he came on as a sub and transformed the game ran for the whole time he was on the pitch which was over an hour ...Excellent player in the making is good enough YES

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Suppose the only way we will find out is by playing him, give the lad his chance, after all - he has to be better than whoever he is replacing as the present encumbants are no great shakes.

lucky
28-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Looked a stand out at under 19's but not but not strong enough for a midfield slot in the SPL, but his time will come.

SteveHFC
28-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Would like him to start on the bench tonight. :aok:

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Now I can appreciate that everyone has their own opinion, to which they are entitled to have , but.....I feel we in Scotland tend to place too much emphasise on size/build/strength.

An awful lot of really good players are/have been on the slight/small side, [ Jimmy Johnstone, Latapy, Zemmamma, Alex Edwards, Cropley, etc etc], if he is good enough, then play him. He will soon learn how to handle the "hammer throwers " he undoubtedly will come up against. Skill will out as they say.

It's not as if he has an awful lot of competition in the first eleven now is it ?

Andy74
28-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Suppose the only way we will find out is by playing him, give the lad his chance, after all - he has to be better than whoever he is replacing as the present encumbants are no great shakes.

He doesn't have to better at all.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 05:58 PM
He doesn't have to better at all.

Surely cannae be any worse, can he ? Surely no.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Now I can appreciate that everyone has their own opinion, to which they are entitled to have , but.....I feel we in Scotland tend to place too much emphasise on size/build/strength.

An awful lot of really good players are/have been on the slight/small side, [ Jimmy Johnstone, Latapy, Zemmamma, Alex Edwards, Cropley, etc etc], if he is good enough, then play him. He will soon learn how to handle the "hammer throwers " he undoubtedly will come up against. Skill will out as they say.

It's not as if he has an awful lot of competition in the first eleven now is it ?

Well said

It always makes me cringe when I see people in the Scottish media or on this forum suggest a player isn't good enough because he's too wee. Barry Bannan is one of the best cases on point at the moment.

dp00
28-12-2011, 06:36 PM
On bench tonight

SurferRosa
28-12-2011, 07:11 PM

:agree: I agree with that.....if he`s good enough then play the lad. Doesn`t have tae be played every game but eased intae the team over the season.

down-the-slope
28-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Every time i have watched him for U19 he is an old fasioned outside left...the kind that gets you off your seat when he gets the ball...not a modern triangular passer...a dribbler...Seen more meat on a butchers pencil...but when he gets kicked he just gets up and on with it

I really hope he makes it as Hibs / SPL need this kind of player...

While on this subject...great to see Sean Welch on the bench regularly as he is another who has quality we are crying out for....

essexhibee
28-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Play him. What have we got to loose seriously he's not gonna be any worse than what we've got.

patlowe
29-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Play him. What have we got to loose seriously he's not gonna be any worse than what we've got.

The way Wotherspoon and Booth have gone backwards and apparently lost all confidence playing in this side would make me wary of sticking any more young lads in. It's a tough one though as we are crying out for a bit of dynamism right now.

ginger_rice
29-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Just to see the name Stanton in the team list again :flag: