PDA

View Full Version : Game at Risk tonight ?? (Game Definitely ON)

Daz1875
28-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Heard a rumour that game might be at risk tonight due to 80mph winds and fans safety anyone heard of this ??

:pfgwa

Mikey
28-12-2011, 09:29 AM
No 80mph winds forecast, but it still aint good footballing weather.........

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/edinburgh_forecast_weather.html

Hermit Crab
28-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Heard a rumour that game might be at risk tonight due to 80mph winds and fans safety anyone heard of this ??

Hopefully :greengrin. Nah seriously not heard that but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. The arbroath game was abandoned on Monday due to high winds.

Barney McGrew
28-12-2011, 09:31 AM

It might be due to the traveling conditions for those coming down from Inverness Mikey, it's not too clever on the A9 by the looks of it.

Mikey
28-12-2011, 09:33 AM
It might be due to the traveling conditions for those coming down from Inverness Mikey, it's not too clever on the A9 by the looks of it.

The winds for Inverness and Perth are forecast to be less than we're getting.

I wouldn't grumble if it was off. Footy in high winds is rubbish!

Mikey
28-12-2011, 09:36 AM
More here.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16339371

Jamesie
28-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Having this put off until well into the New Year when Fenlon has had an opportunity to bring in a few new faces would be a blessing. 'Mon the wind! :greengrin:thumbsup:

smurf
28-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Really hoping for the game being abandoned. I bet Inverness are not...

LancashireHibby
28-12-2011, 09:48 AM
As I've already had two wasted trips this season (Barnsley and Motherwell), this had better be a wind up!!

Andy74
28-12-2011, 09:51 AM
No wonder we get players that are losers judging by some of the attitudes on here. Get the game on and get a much needed win under our belts going in to the derby!

smurf
28-12-2011, 09:52 AM
No wonder we get players that are losers judging by some of the attitudes on here. Get the game on and get a much needed win under our belts going in to the derby!

The mentality of our club has penetrated the support...

s.a.m
28-12-2011, 09:57 AM

I hope the players are well up for it, but - being realistic - football in a gale is a bit of a lottery. It's frustrating to watch players struggling (even more than usual :greengrin) to control the ball, and attendance is likely to be affected as well. I'm hoping it doesn't go ahead if the wind is still as strong tonight.

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-12-2011, 10:09 AM
They say the wind is a leveller, so Hibs should have a decent chance tonight. :wink:

Going out for a few beers this afternoon before the game, so hopefully if the games off, I'm at least in the pub by that time. :greengrin

The wind is supposed to start dying down by early evening. :aok:

ancient hibee
28-12-2011, 10:17 AM
It is totally crazy of the SPL to have Inverness travelling down here for a night game at this time of the year-similarly Hearts to Aberdeen-I thought the idea was to boost attendances-just to help of course the OF game is on TV.

TheEastTerrace
28-12-2011, 10:23 AM
It is totally crazy of the SPL to have Inverness travelling down here for a night game at this time of the year-similarly Hearts to Aberdeen-I thought the idea was to boost attendances-just to help of course the OF game is on TV.

Sky will be delighted that the orks in the west will have had all day to booze in the pub so the level of poisonous bile is even greater. Of course, the presenter will then commend the 'great atmosphere' as usual.

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Harden up Scotland I say! Game off due to a bit wind, have a word! It's pishing rain and blowing a gale nearly every week in Wellington and a game has never been called off!

To paraphrase a Phoenix song...

Oh Edinburgh, is wonderful, oh Edinburgh is wonderful, we've got the wind, the rain and the Hibees, oh Edinburgh is wonderful! :greengrin

--------
28-12-2011, 10:54 AM

Met Office forecasting westerly winds, gusts up to 60mph this evening.

I guess we'll find out if they put the roof on the East Stand on right ...

Did you know that this is the 132nd anniversary of the night the first Tay Bridge was blown down? :devil:

CentreLine
28-12-2011, 10:59 AM

You sort of expect teams to travel the day before games especially at this time of year. Its the fans who may have problems

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 11:02 AM
A few dozen ICT fans not being able to make it is no justification for calling the game off IMO.

Hibernia Na Eir
28-12-2011, 11:05 AM

according to BBC news 30 mins ago It's 70 mph winds across central Scotland.

CentreLine
28-12-2011, 11:08 AM
according to BBC news 30 mins ago It's 70 mph winds across central Scotland.

We looked like we could cope with the wind at Motherwell. I hope the game goes ahead

Hibercelona
28-12-2011, 11:14 AM
If we're lucky the wind may blow the ball into the opposition net a couple of times.... :pray:

Hermit Crab
28-12-2011, 11:20 AM
All games ON at the moment with no mention of games being off at the moment according to SSN. :thumbsup:

derek0762
28-12-2011, 11:24 AM
The motherwell v dunfy game off because of damage at fir park according to forth one

Hibernia Na Eir
28-12-2011, 11:24 AM
I seem to recall Hibs having to make equally torturous trip up to inverness in winters gone by....

HH81
28-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Motherwell get too many games called off for my liking.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2011, 11:27 AM
http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/ClubStatementF06102011.jpg

CallumLaidlaw
28-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Forth bridge possibly closing at 3pm. That'll force a decision

Hermit Crab
28-12-2011, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=derek0762;3052249]The motherwell v dunfy game off because of damage at fir park according to forth one[/QUOTE

Just seen that

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Forth bridge possibly closing at 3pm. That'll force a decision

Aye, their buses can come via Kincardine :agree:

Hibbyradge
28-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Aye, their bus can come via Kincardine :agree:

FTFY. :wink:

Stewboy
28-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Played 9 holes at Craigielaw this morning, it sure is a bit windy!!!

3pm
28-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Well v Pars off.

Hermit Crab
28-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Motherwell v Dunfermline already rearranged for Tuesday 24th of January yet our game v Motherwell is still outstanding? Or has a date been arranged for that game? :confused:

ruthven_raiders
28-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Aye, their buses can come via Kincardine :agree:

They shut Kincardine the last time on that thursday;)

Pretty Boy
28-12-2011, 11:39 AM
I would say that up to a point it is personal responsibility with regards to attending the game tonight, if you feel for whatever reason the wind compromises your safety stay at home and don't bother. However when there is a risk of structural damage to the stadium or areas around the stadium then the Police have a decision to make and should ignore the moaners and put the game off if they believe there is a public safety risk.

Also we wouldn't expect players to play on a waterlogged pitch and anyone who has ever played football will tell you that they prefer playing in the rain to the wind. If the wind would seriously inhibit the ability to play the game properly (if you can call how Hibs play properly) then it becomes a footballing decision and the referee has a big decision to make.

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 11:40 AM

Alright, via Stirling! Anyway, Inverness would come that wat anyway would they not? No need for them to use either bridge.

greenlex
28-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Well they can bloody go via Stirling. That bridge has never been shut because of wind.:agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
28-12-2011, 11:41 AM

aye, your right. Would like to see a breakdown of clubs home games being called off. Guaranteed Motherwell would be top.

SloopJB
28-12-2011, 11:41 AM
As I've already had two wasted trips this season (Barnsley and Motherwell), this had better be a wind up!!

Good one :greengrin

3pm
28-12-2011, 11:42 AM
I would say that up to a point it is personal responsibility with regards to attending the game tonight, if you feel for whatever reason the wind compromises your safety stay at home and don't bother. However when there is a risk of structural damage to the stadium or areas around the stadium then the Police have a decision to make and should ignore the moaners and put the game off if they believe there is a public safety risk.

Also we wouldn't expect players to play on a waterlogged pitch and anyone who has ever played football will tell you that they prefer playing in the rain to the wind. If the wind would seriously inhibit the ability to play the game properly (if you can call how Hibs play properly) then it becomes a footballing decision and the referee has a big decision to make.

At East Fife on Monday when the game was abandoned. The corners in the 'warm up' were landing on the half way line!!!

Think Robbo 'suggested' it should be left for another day!

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 11:42 AM

I would say if we start cancelling games in Scotland for wind and rain then we may as well shut the SPL down.

As for the Polis, they only need the slightest excuse to get out of doing any work.

Sergeant Hibs
28-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Brilliant this would've been my 1st game of the season and I know one of the mascots so that can piss off

ruthven_raiders
28-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Well they can bloody go via Stirling. That bridge has never been shut because of wind.:agree:

If the game is on I will be going as I don't have any bridges to negotiate but might have to avoid flying debris and a maybe a pink bus shelter might be on the loose soon;)

jdships
28-12-2011, 11:51 AM
I would say if we start cancelling games in Scotland for wind and rain then we may as well shut the SPL down.

As for the Polis, they only need the slightest excuse to get out of doing any work.

Living in Wellington I can understand what you say .
I lived there for some time and can honestly say that the wind/weather we are experiencing as of today is far worse than anything I experienced living in Upper Hutt

:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
28-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Did you know that this is the 132nd anniversary of the night the first Tay Bridge was blown down? :devil:

I didn't know that, but everything falling apart in Dundee sort of rings a bell. Can anyone help?

lapsedhibee
28-12-2011, 11:55 AM
I didn't know that, but everything falling apart in Dundee sort of rings a bell. Can anyone help?

Www1875hfc
28-12-2011, 12:15 PM

:tee hee:

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Living in Wellington I can understand what you say .
I lived there for some time and can honestly say that the wind/weather we are experiencing as of today is far worse than anything I experienced living in Upper Hutt

Upper Hutt! Pah, not even in Wellington and well sheltered away up there! :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
28-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Can't see the game being called off - all this thread is doing is putting off people from going tonight! At this rate, we'll be under 5,000.

PaulSmith
28-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Just been outside in central Edinburgh for last 10 mins, to put it simply if the game was played in these conditions it would be a joke.

I was heading down tonight but after that I might reconsider

Hibee87
28-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Was just in the ticket office and the west stand reception, asked about the game and they said its on and wont be called off UNLESS both bridges are closed affecting travelling fans.
They said only the motherwell game has been called off and thats due to damage to the stadium (makes you wonder how tynie is still standing, but thats a story for another day)

any way. GAME ON. And IF there is any update the ticket office said it wouldnt be annouced till about 5ish on the fishial site

Billy Whizz
28-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Winds to ease off tonight

Gatecrasher
28-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Can't see the game being called off - all this thread is doing is putting off people from going tonight! At this rate, we'll be under 5,000.
no the weather will put folk off, threads like this only start when the weather is bad,

Jamesie
28-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Just phoned the ticket office - game on at present but the situation is being monitored and fans should keep an eye on the website.

Just walked down Lothian Road and got soaked to the skin and was almost blown onto the road. It ain't going to be fun tonight that's for sure.

frazeHFC
28-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Came down from Inverness, gutted if it's off. :( Hopefully on! :agree:

Hibee87
28-12-2011, 12:50 PM
SUNSHINE ON LEITH - just looked out out my window the now and can safely say the sun is shineing over the stadium, clear blue skys no problem with the rain at the present. :thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
28-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Was just in the ticket office and the west stand reception, asked about the game and they said its on and wont be called off UNLESS both bridges are closed affecting travelling fans.
They said only the motherwell game has been called off and thats due to damage to the stadium (makes you wonder how tynie is still standing, but thats a story for another day)

any way. GAME ON. And IF there is any update the ticket office said it wouldnt be annouced till about 5ish on the fishial site

TBF the ticket office know nowt. They were selling tickets for the Barnsley game 5 mins before it was called off and then refused fans that had travelled a refund.

So anything the T.O. say take with a large pinch of salt.

greenlex
28-12-2011, 01:09 PM
TBF the ticket office know nowt. They were selling tickets for the Barnsley game 5 mins before it was called off and then refused fans that had travelled a refund.

So anything the T.O. say take with a large pinch of salt.
So they were selling tickets for a game that was about to be played? Hang the *******s.:confused:

Hibbyradge
28-12-2011, 01:10 PM

Not according to this. (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/edinburgh_forecast_weather.html)

matty_f
28-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Forth Bridge website says the winds are expected to peak at 3pm and it's unlikely they'll need to shut the bridge to cars.

Am hoping that it's all fine to go come this evening.

Hibercelona
28-12-2011, 01:11 PM
SUNSHINE ON LEITH - just looked out out my window the now and can safely say the sun is shineing over the stadium, clear blue skys no problem with the rain at the present. :thumbsup:

Ah good. It'll be a definite call off then...

:wink:

Hibercelona
28-12-2011, 01:14 PM
So they were selling tickets for a game that was about to be played? Hang the *******s.:confused:

And not refunding them???

greenlex
28-12-2011, 01:18 PM
And not refunding them???

A que for refunds forms. Wouldn't be manageable. There might not be enough cash for folk that had paid cash over the period of ticket sales. you would have some folk getting refunds and some folk unable to get refunds. Makes perfect sense to not pay refunds straight way and at a later date.

Gatecrasher
28-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Game on

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111228/game-on_2262950_2559583

hibee
28-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Just been out in Leith and the wind is very strong, hoping the game is called off nice and early, if it's on I will go because I have a season ticket but would rather they just called it off now, not a nice night for going out to a game!

Hibercelona
28-12-2011, 01:21 PM
A que for refunds forms. Wouldn't be manageable. There might not be enough cash for folk that had paid cash over the period of ticket sales. you would have some folk getting refunds and some folk unable to get refunds. Makes perfect sense to not pay refunds straight way and at a later date.

But is that actually going to happen?

I know plenty of people who are still waiting.

davhibee
28-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I was refunded straight away at the ticket office, as were maybe 100 other supporters, including away supporters. I do remember a member of staff walking up the line saying that if you did not want to wait in the large queue then you could come back during the week or before the Celtic game the next weekend, but there were certainly no forms - it was just a case of handing over your ticket and getting your cash back! So any criticism of the ticket office is unjust for that one!

Saorsa
28-12-2011, 01:22 PM
The motherwell v dunfy game off because of damage at fir park according to forth onewonder what's broken this time, what a ****hole

greenlex
28-12-2011, 01:23 PM

Why are they waiting?

Mikey
28-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Thankfully it aint a 3pm KO as it's horrible out there just now.

lyonhibs
28-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Ahhhhhh ****!!. Thought it was a 3pm kick off for some reason. Now have a ticket going spare - will start another thread re: this.

Sammy7nil
28-12-2011, 01:31 PM
My point is the ticket office know no more than you or I so I would not take anything they say as gospel.

The Barnsley game was obviously in doubt an inspection had taken place the game was to be called off and they were still selling tickets.

Surely they should have been warning fans the game was in doubt ? Or are they not even informed an inspection is taking place.

I think the communications at Hibs have been poor for as long as I can remember.

greenlex
28-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Ahhhhhh ****!!. Thought it was a 3pm kick off for some reason. Now have a ticket going spare - will start another thread re: this.
Dafty did you not read the ticket?:greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
28-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Twiglet
28-12-2011, 01:34 PM

Waiting for what? I had a ticket for the match and was down at the ground when it got called off. I went to the ticket office straight away and got a refund straight away. All the windows were open and there were stewards helping control the queues to get refunds.

Sammy7nil
28-12-2011, 01:35 PM

The game is ON until it is called OFF :greengrin:wink:

KeithTheHibby
28-12-2011, 01:42 PM

Absolute joke of a stadium.

Andy74
28-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Absolute joke of a stadium.

Yep, and why are teams not accountable for the state of their stadiums?

You can tell by looking at Fir Park that the elcetrics are probably dodgy and there is a chance something might fall off it.

Teams like Hibs have spent to make sure its modern and safe - at some point Motherwell should just lose the points if they can't get football played there.

Jones28
28-12-2011, 01:51 PM

Thank God you survived it Doddie :aok::greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
28-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Yep, and why are teams not accountable for the state of their stadiums?

You can tell by looking at Fir Park that the elcetrics are probably dodgy and there is a chance something might fall off it.

Teams like Hibs have spent to make sure its modern and safe - at some point Motherwell should just lose the points if they can't get football played there.

:agree:

Added to that, the state of their pitch a couple of seasons ago (how many games got called off because of it?) And the SPL really need to start taking action against Motherwell.

Saorsa
28-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Absolute joke of a stadium.Indeed, instead of low prices and spending money on buses for fans they should try spending some on that dump tae make sure games can actually take place and/or be completed on anything other than bright sunny days.

--------
28-12-2011, 01:59 PM
[/B]
Thank God you survived it Doddie :aok::greengrin

Indeed.

But I've never driven a steam engine since. :confused:

Makaveli
28-12-2011, 01:59 PM
We've been saying for years Motherwell should be sanctioned for all the games called off due to their facilities but it just keeps happening.

As said, clubs like Hibs have spent money on proper facilities and smaller clubs have nearly bankrupt themselves trying to meet SPL stadium criteria... all the while Fir Park remains a f***ing hole.

LancashireHibby
28-12-2011, 02:14 PM
I was refunded straight away at the ticket office, as were maybe 100 other supporters, including away supporters. I do remember a member of staff walking up the line saying that if you did not want to wait in the large queue then you could come back during the week or before the Celtic game the next weekend, but there were certainly no forms - it was just a case of handing over your ticket and getting your cash back! So any criticism of the ticket office is unjust for that one!

I got my refund straight away that day as well...and promptly went to spend it behind the bar in the Hibs Club!

Ticket Office have been absolutely spot on in sorting my membership along with money back for my ticket for tonight & Monday so can't knock them.

Having been in a similar position, I know for a fact that they will be given nothing other than the bare information about any inspection etc and it seems they're giving out as much advice as can be expected of them.

oconnors_strip
28-12-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm hoping its called off as I can't make the game due to my sore back :( but I'm glad the game is on bbc alba later

NOLA
28-12-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm hoping its called off as I can't make the game due to my sore back :( but I'm glad the game is on bbc alba later
what time is that?

Saorsa
28-12-2011, 03:19 PM
what time is that?21:55

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcalba/programmes/genres/sport/football

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2011, 03:20 PM
what time is that?

10pm

3pm
28-12-2011, 03:21 PM
ST for 16 or 17 seasons and find myself in a situation unique in that time ; I can't be bothered going.

Sir David Gray
28-12-2011, 03:49 PM

I don't think the winds are forecast to ease off until late tonight, after the game has finished.

The rain's supposed to stop by the time kick off comes though.

It's going to be pretty wild tonight.

lyonhibs
28-12-2011, 03:52 PM
My girlfriend's train from Dunfermline just got held back at the Rail Bridge before being allowed to cross. It's gusting like a mo'fo out there, so I'd be checking for updates on the Forth Road Bridges if I was planning on crossing the water this evening :agree::agree:

heretoday
28-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I've been through thick and thin for Hibs in the past. Nowadays it's just thin. And I'm not going out in that!

greenlex
28-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Narnia is smack bang in the middle of three wind farms so you can imagine what the wind is like at the best of times never mind today. I will still be going tonight. Come on ma bonnie laddies.:flag:

Kaiser1962
28-12-2011, 03:59 PM
They used to say that the weather is a great leveler so it should benefit us :greengrin

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 04:07 PM
You lot not going due to wind ought to take some concrete pills.

frazeHFC
28-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I am in Queensferry and it is howling wind and rain, horrific weather. If it's like this in Leith then no way it will be on.

Billy Whizz
28-12-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't think the winds are forecast to ease off until late tonight, after the game has finished.

The rain's supposed to stop by the time kick off comes though.

It's going to be pretty wild tonight.

I'm only quoting Radio Forth. Get along and follow the team, we need every supporter we can tonight

I'm_cabbaged
28-12-2011, 04:17 PM
You lot not going due to wind ought to take some concrete pills.

Still raging after Saturday's collapse, I'm sitting in warmth with a can of bud in my hand looking out the window and thinking, sod that for a game of sudgers. Two tickets not getting used from my house I think.

hibbymark
28-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Scotland in wind and rain shocker during december!! Pull your tights up and get yourself to the game:na na:l

Still raging after Saturday's collapse, I'm sitting in warmth with a can of bud in my hand looking out the window and thinking, sod that for a game of sudgers. Two tickets not getting used from my house I think.

Westie1875
28-12-2011, 04:26 PM
I am in Queensferry and it is howling wind and rain, horrific weather. If it's like this in Leith then no way it will be on.

Same in Leith but game still on, against my better judgment I have decided to go, I must be mad, time to get the thermals out. :greengrin

TheEastTerrace
28-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Not for me tonight. Not risking the chance of either forth bridge being closed.

I'll iron my skirt and tights instead.

monktonharp
28-12-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm hoping its called off as I can't make the game due to my sore back :( but I'm glad the game is on bbc alba lateryou've just deleted another thousand from tonight's attendance:shhhsh!:

matty_f
28-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Just about to head off from Dunfermline. Good luck everyone!

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-12-2011, 04:32 PM
At this moment in time (5.30) if the game goes ahead then it's nothing short of madness to try and play football in this weather, plus the fact you really have to be a brave soul to sit at ER to watch it, for those who are going remember any jumping up and down to keep warm and you'll be tossed out

:wink:

I'm_cabbaged
28-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Scotland in wind and rain shocker during december!! Pull your tights up and get yourself to the game:na na:l

It's more the bunch of gutless bassas that wear the green that's putting me off, the weather is just making the decision that bit easier. I've already paid my money which in turn helps pay the afore mentioned gutless bassas, so what's the problem?

greenlex
28-12-2011, 04:36 PM
It's more the bunch of gutless bassas that wear the green that's putting me off, the weather is just making the decision that bit easier. I've already paid my money which in turn helps pay the afore mentioned gutless bassas, so what's the problem?
As long as you watch Top Gear or Countyfile instead of the Biggit Fest then the jobs a good un.:agree:

Golden Bear
28-12-2011, 04:38 PM
The ugly sisters game could now be in doubt due to structural damage to the stadium. Further news expected shortly - according to Chic on the Beeb radio news.

down-the-slope
28-12-2011, 04:38 PM
just back from the borders to EL...we were sheltered at my sisters by hills / wind direction. Here it is just now only slighly less than the recent 'once in 10 year' storm.....

Would not be going out were it not for kids having party in Tranent....as thats half way and they need collecting later...so i will be one of those stupid enough not to be in front of a roaring log stove :rolleyes:

Can you think of the possibilities for comical errors...no doubt our forgiving support will see it as crap players rather than cut any slack

greenlex
28-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Right that's me off. :flag:

ancienthibby
28-12-2011, 04:41 PM
The weather forecast seem to be a fair bit off!

Just heard el Chico on Beeb Radio saying that there are problems at Parkhead which he will update on later.

Here in the Central Belt where winds were supposed to fall away around 3 p.m., it's still a hurricane at quarter to six!

Leithenhibby
28-12-2011, 04:41 PM
In times when the game is in free-fall from the core out, we are expected to travel to a game that sounds as if it will be no more than a "Lottery" :rolleyes:

Will the SPL ever get it right before it's too late, hope so, I really do .......

As it stands, I wouldn't pay to watch a game in this weather.
(for the record, it's blowing a gale in the borders)

Prawn Sandwich
28-12-2011, 04:42 PM
BBC Radio Scotland Chick Young is about announce structural damage Due to the wind at Darkheid. This game could be off?

Alfred E Newman
28-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Is it not the case that people are just looking for excuses not to go? Its either too cauld, too wet, too frosty, too dark, too hot , too late, too early and now its too windy. It is desperate times for the club yet we have posters on here more or less boasting about not going at a time when the club desperately needs their support
Why don`t they just admit that they have given up on Hibs.

Thecat23
28-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Just stepped out and that is unreal to play football in. Call the game off for the safety of all supporters. There are roof tiles flying off roofs and trees coming down. It's alright saying back the team but you're mad if you think football can be played in this.

hibbymark
28-12-2011, 04:45 PM

Not a problem mate. I have paid my money in advance as well and because of that im going to go along and cheer the gutless bassas on.

Not just your post but the thread seemed to be turning into a severe weather warning not to attend the game.

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Just stepped out and that is unreal to play football in. Call the game off for the safety of all supporters. There are roof tiles flying off roofs and trees coming down. It's alright saying back the team but you're mad if you think football can be played in this.

We're capable of playing ***** in any conditions. No excuses.

Black Kyle
28-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Picking up son then off to match soon.........conditions the same for both sides but must be a bit of a lottery - gale force winds in Granton right now.

Win the toss and take the wind at your back in the first half would be my call.

Could be a farce or an epic!

Thecat23
We're capable of playing ***** in any conditions. No excuses.

Thats actually a good point. :greengrin

Mikey
The weather forecast seem to be a fair bit off!

Going by link in post 2 the forecast from the Met Office is spot on, and has been all day.

I'm_cabbaged
28-12-2011, 04:51 PM
As long as you watch Top Gear or Countyfile instead of the Biggit Fest then the jobs a good un.:agree:

Well if you put it that way, I'd rather watch MH misplacing 5 yard passes on the edge of our box than those three choices. Maybe the wind will be a good thing and he'll put in a couple of balls like Saturday :)

Brooster
28-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Is it not the case that people are just looking for excuses not to go? Its either too cauld, too wet, too frosty, too dark, too hot , too late, too early and now its too windy. It is desperate times for the club yet we have posters on here more or less boasting about not going at a time when the club desperately needs their support

Correct mate. It's always the same with some of the cranks on here looking for an excuse not to go.

I'm_cabbaged
28-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Not a problem mate. I have paid my money in advance as well and because of that im going to go along and cheer the gutless bassas on.

Not just your post but the thread seemed to be turning into a severe weather warning not to attend the game.

:)
Ken what you mean re the severe weather warnings.
I'm beginning to warm of the idea of going now, if its brutal you and greenlex are going to get it tight ;)

Leithenhibby
28-12-2011, 05:01 PM

Because Ive not giving up on HIbernian FC and never will. :wink:

Tonight is a lottery, and a game of football for me, is anything but .. :greengrin

ruthven_raiders
28-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Graham Spiers (@GrahamSpiers)
12/28/11 5:56 PM
In this near-hurricane the first big call referee Willie Collum has to make tonight is whether Old Firm game goes ahead. A potential farce.

Sent from my iPhone

down-the-slope
28-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Drat...OF game goes ahead.....would have loved that to be binned so no TV.... wind :devil:

ancienthibby
28-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Beeb Radio reporting all SPL games are ON!!

LancashireHibby
28-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Only a wee bit breezy out there! Mather's in Broughton Street if anyone wants a free pint ;)

down-the-slope
28-12-2011, 05:23 PM
slates now getting ripped off my roof.....the team better put in the same effort as those attending.........:rolleyes:

HH81
28-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Only a wee bit breezy out there! Mather's in Broughton Street if anyone wants a free pint ;)

If desperatedan was up and about he would be already there. :-)

Loves his freebies.

hibsbollah
28-12-2011, 05:35 PM
hmmmm. just opened a nice Weissbeer, curry cooking in the kitchen, ive got a bit of a cold, its freezing outside, chances of seeing Messi-like football slim to zero.

Should my season ticket remain unused? you only have until 7.20pm to contribute your thoughts:pfgwa

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Nah, just stay in, enjoy yer beer and curry, watch game on BBC Alba at 10.00 - Simples. [ Warmer too ]

SteveHFC
28-12-2011, 05:45 PM
hmmmm. just opened a nice Weissbeer, curry cooking in the kitchen, ive got a bit of a cold, its freezing outside, chances of seeing Messi-like football slim to zero.

Should my season ticket remain unused? you only have until 7.20pm to contribute your thoughts:pfgwa

Go to the game.

CraigHibee
28-12-2011, 05:46 PM
You should go :) you can shout at the tv but the players won't hear you :)

johnrebus
28-12-2011, 05:47 PM

Aye. McGonnigle folk ken whits going on.

LancashireHibby
28-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Get to the game you tart. Free pint zone has moved to the Four in Hand. Follow the Lancastrian accent that for some reason is becoming more Mancuncian with each pint as testified by the guys after the Blackpool game in the summer!

Saorsa
28-12-2011, 06:03 PM
If desperatedan was up and about he would be already there. :-)

Loves his freebies.Too right :wink: aye and I'd be at the game as well :agree:

No much chance o' anything free off you though. :bye: :greengrin

Hibbyradge
28-12-2011, 06:05 PM

Aye. McGonnigle folk ken whits going on.

I remember cracking up laughing when I first ever read that.

It's truly awful, but hilarious in that it was written as a serious piece of work!

The last 2 lines are like the icing on a wonderful cake! :greengrin

The Tay Bridge Disaster

Beautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv’ry Tay!
Alas! I am very sorry to say
That ninety lives have been taken away
On the last Sabbath day of 1879,
Which will be remember’d for a very long time.

‘Twas about seven o’clock at night,
And the wind it blew with all its might,
And the rain came pouring down,
And the dark clouds seem’d to frown,
And the Demon of the air seem’d to say-
“I’ll blow down the Bridge of Tay.”

When the train left Edinburgh
The passengers’ hearts were light and felt no sorrow,
But Boreas blew a terrific gale,
Which made their hearts for to quail,
And many of the passengers with fear did say-
“I hope God will send us safe across the Bridge of Tay.”

But when the train came near to Wormit Bay,
Boreas he did loud and angry bray,
And shook the central girders of the Bridge of Tay

So the train sped on with all its might,
And Bonnie Dundee soon hove in sight,
And the passengers’ hearts felt light,
Thinking they would enjoy themselves on the New Year,
With their friends at home they lov’d most dear,
And wish them all a happy New Year.

So the train mov’d slowly along the Bridge of Tay,
Until it was about midway,
Then the central girders with a crash gave way,
And down went the train and passengers into the Tay!

The Storm Fiend did loudly bray,
Because ninety lives had been taken away,

As soon as the catastrophe came to be known
The alarm from mouth to mouth was blown,
And the cry rang out all o’er the town,
Good Heavens! the Tay Bridge is blown down,
And a passenger train from Edinburgh,
Which fill’d all the peoples hearts with sorrow,
And made them for to turn pale,
Because none of the passengers were sav’d to tell the tale
How the disaster happen’d on the last Sabbath day of 1879,

It must have been an awful sight,
To witness in the dusky moonlight,
While the Storm Fiend did laugh, and angry did bray,
Along the Railway Bridge of the Silv’ry Tay,
Oh! ill-fated Bridge of the Silv’ry Tay,
I must now conclude my lay
By telling the world fearlessly without the least dismay,
That your central girders would not have given way,
At least many sensible men do say,
Had they been supported on each side with buttresses,
At least many sensible men confesses,
For the stronger we our houses do build,
The less chance we have of being killed.

hibsbollah
28-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Go to the game.

Im going. I think i need my head examined:rolleyes:

nortonhibby
28-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Good luck to the boys tonight we need the win i am predicting a 2-1 win to the HIBEES:flag: