PDA

View Full Version : Question for those in the know?

beensaidbefore
27-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Are trainee/youth players required by means of 'homework', to study the behaviour and skills of other players to help them develop? i.e forwards, study rooney, owen, fowler etc in order to get a better understanding of what is required to be a success?

If not why?

hugo boss
27-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Yip they do.... i remember tony mowbary taking youngsters to parkhead to watch european games fletcher especially

beensaidbefore
27-12-2011, 08:05 PM
well, knowing that it does take place, could it benefit the team if those players that are not playing in the 1st team, are sent to go and watch our up and coming opposition? If they were tasked with watching specific players first hand they may have a better clue??:confused:

snooky
28-12-2011, 10:41 AM
well, knowing that it does take place, could it benefit the team if those players that are not playing in the 1st team, are sent to go and watch our up and coming opposition? If they were tasked with watching specific players first hand they may have a better clue??:confused:

Tam McM was sent to Darkheid to watch Larsson, IIRC.
Or, maybe that was just an excuse for him being there in the first place.

beensaidbefore
28-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Tam McM was sent to Darkheid to watch Larsson, IIRC.
Or, maybe that was just an excuse for him being there in the first place.

thats exactly the type of thing I mean. Surely of more benefit than sitting in the stands watching Hibs 1st team, especially for youth players, as its not like Hibs have a system that players will be expected to fit into.