PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Tomorrow?

Chuck Rhoades
27-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Still a holiday for some people, midweek, skint, keeping money for derby, rubbish results, dire atmosphere - under 7,000?

Bob Box Fish
27-12-2011, 04:31 PM
7k sounds about right.

15k tops for the derby

MSK
27-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Still a holiday for some people, midweek, skint, keeping money for derby, rubbish results, dire atmosphere - under 7,000?Folk working ..

Keith_M
27-12-2011, 04:45 PM

What's the prize for the winner?

:greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
27-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I think it will be boosted with the club membership scheme and people back home for xmas. Nearer 9k I think.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-12-2011, 05:12 PM

Franck Stanton
27-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Struggle for a half-decent attendance imo, weather, time of year, full game on Alba at ten, away supports tandem has a puncture, lack of cash after Chrtistmas, BIGGEST factor - we are playing total crap. Mixture of these factors will result in low attendance

scuttle
27-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Weather forecast looks grim ,high winds and rain.I think it might be a really low attendance 5500 tops

Mikeystewart
27-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I think the old firm game kicking off at the same time will also make a significant impact on attendance for both sets of fans.

greenlex
27-12-2011, 06:22 PM
I think the old firm game kicking off at the same time will also make a significant impact on attendance for both sets of fans.
Don't believe for a minute that any Hibs fan will be influenced whether to go or not by the bigot fest being on te box at the same time. Inverness supporters will be more put of with the journey rather than that too I reckon. In short you are talking bollox.:greengrin

Hibbyradge
27-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Don't believe for a minute that any Hibs fan will be influenced whether to go or not by the bigot fest being on te box at the same time. Inverness supporters will be more put of with the journey rather than that too I reckon. In short you are talking bollox.:greengrin

I have to disagree with you, Lex.

Given the cost, the weather, the journey and the fact that our form is rank rotten, I think the option of watching the OF game in the pub or at home will seem very attractive to a lot of folk.

greenlex
27-12-2011, 06:40 PM
I have to disagree with you, Lex.Given the cost, the weather, the journey and the fact that our form is rank rotten, I think the option of watching the OF game in the pub or at home will seem very attractive to a lot of folk.So the cost ,the weather ,the journey and the form will be the influence. If those were favourable the bight fest wouldn't feature. So if it is featuring tomorrow its miniscule if at all in the influence stakes. So you are talking bollox too :greengrin

Sir David Gray
27-12-2011, 07:08 PM

silverhibee
27-12-2011, 07:28 PM

To save some money Hibs should just open the East stand for Hibs fans and away end for the 20 ICT fans.

TB will have his team well up for this game and will be preying that we start with Hart at right back.

Please Pat dont have Hart in the squad you must have seen in the last few games that the guy is costing us games and points.

brog
27-12-2011, 07:33 PM
We should learn from the rugby guys, they played on Boxing Day & got over 13,000, that's 3 times their usual crowd. Even allowing for it being an Edinburgh/Glasgow derby you have to reckon at least 100% up on the day. We should have played today, not on a Wed night in competition with the OF. I've said it many times, RP may be an astute businessman but he's still not a football business man. ( TBF, neither it appears are the other SPL chairmen/directors ).

bod
27-12-2011, 07:44 PM

im staying at home watching the bigot fest rather than attending ER tomorrow night & i class myself as a hibs fan
you can now start believing

erin go bragh
27-12-2011, 07:47 PM

To save some money Hibs should just open the East stand for Hibs fans and away end for the 20 ICT fans.

TB will have his team well up for this game and will be preying that we start with Hart at right back.

Please Pat dont have Hart in the squad you must have seen in the last few games that the guy is costing us games and points.

How Hart is getting a game is beyond me , ive seen milk turn quicker .
Think the crowd will be no bad , 10 000 !

ggtth

KeithTheHibby
27-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Probably something close to 8 which in turn is still pish but is a sign of the times really.

Alfred E Newman
27-12-2011, 08:07 PM
im staying at home watching the bigot fest rather than attending ER tomorrow night & i class myself as a hibs fan you can now start believing

You`re a poor one if thats your reason for not going.

greenlex
27-12-2011, 08:11 PM
im staying at home watching the bigot fest rather than attending ER tomorrow night & i class myself as a hibs fan
I rest my case.

El Gubbz
27-12-2011, 09:07 PM

Mikeystewart
27-12-2011, 10:23 PM
I rest my case.

Haven't missed a home game in at least 3 - 4 years and live approximately 15 minutes walk from the stadium and I asked myself the question. I'm definitely going tomorrow, but I did ask the question...

Hibby70
27-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Must admit if I didn't have a season ticket i'd probably not go tomorrow and the old firm game would have played a part in that decision.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-12-2011, 10:51 PM

I've missed quite a few home games this season despite having a Season Ticket, reasons ranging from work to simply not wanting to suffer another miserable afternoon/evening watching that dross, but a preference to watch that pair instead :confused:

Ozyhibby
27-12-2011, 10:59 PM

Think you are being naive if you think that won't stop people attending. Maybe if we had a decent side who managed to get themselves fit people would get themselves down to the game but we don't.
I know of at least 5/6 people who have decided to have a night in the pub watching the old firm game.
Can't say I blame them.

Eyrie
27-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Not going to the game, but I'll keep an eye on the score and then watch it at 10pm on Alba.

There are plenty of things I'd rather do than watch the Ugly Sisters hate each other - for example there is some old paintwork that may dry out a little more if I stare at it for 90 minutes.

Shaggy
27-12-2011, 11:39 PM
guesstimate season low home attendance whatever that is..
4season ticket holders cant bee fkt going even though weve paid,

Going to hearts match... will only be back when some dignity is restored

johnrebus
28-12-2011, 12:20 AM

Tricla
28-12-2011, 08:06 AM

Pi*h reason for not going to watch Hibs IMO.

I can't make ER tonight for good reason but I'll definately not be watching that bile fest as I simply have no interest in it whatsoever.

If watching the OF derby is a Hibs fans sole or main reason for not attending ER then they should be ashamed.

If your reason is the weather then you need to stop being a pansy!

If the reason is the gash fitba on display then you're supporting the wrong team as we tend to do this from time to time!

R'Albin
28-12-2011, 08:18 AM
I can't go tonight but still probably not watch the OF game. They're usually pish games anyway.

SkintHibby
28-12-2011, 08:19 AM

It's a testament to the fantastic Hibs support that even watching the worst team in living memory (young and old) that we even get these amounts.:agree:

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Pi*h reason for not going to watch Hibs IMO.

I can't make ER tonight for good reason but I'll definately not be watching that bile fest as I simply have no interest in it whatsoever.

If watching the OF derby is a Hibs fans sole or main reason for not attending ER then they should be ashamed.

If your reason is the weather then you need to stop being a pansy!

If the reason is the gash fitba on display then you're supporting the wrong team as we tend to do this from time to time!

All Hail the Ubermeister :not worth

I have free tickets for tonight but even then i'm not sure i can muster any festive charm and goodwill to go along to ER and have that knocked right out of me :rolleyes:

bigwheel
28-12-2011, 10:21 AM
What a depressing thread......since when did Hibs have to be playing well to go and support them??? We've been up and down for all our history. It's times like this that supporters need to stand up and be counted....if you can't make it - fine... If you can, get along and cheer them on.

Im actually looking forward to it....relegation battle against a tough Inverness side. Will be a hard game - be interesting to see if our boys have the heart for it....

HH81
28-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I signed up to membership, not got card yet and the game is tonight. Postman just been so won't be coming today.

Think few using these might boost crowd tonight a little.

Andy74
28-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Think you are being naive if you think that won't stop people attending. Maybe if we had a decent side who managed to get themselves fit people would get themselves down to the game but we don't.
I know of at least 5/6 people who have decided to have a night in the pub watching the old firm game.
Can't say I blame them.

I can blame them, Hibs are at home and Hibs fans, if they can make it, should be there.

To watch an Old Firm game instead, who people seem to think they hate and would rather not exist, is pathetic.

We've got a new manager and are in a position wherer we need support, it's time to show a bit of it instead of just turning up for the days where Hibs are playing well and winning.

Steve-O
28-12-2011, 12:06 PM
I signed up to membership, not got card yet and the game is tonight. Postman just been so won't be coming today.

Think few using these might boost crowd tonight a little.

I signed up yesterday and got a paper ticket for the game. If you went to the office before the game you would get your free ticket :agree:

HH81
28-12-2011, 12:10 PM
As I'm in Halifax and working tomorrow I was going to pass it on, guess its too late for that now.

--------
28-12-2011, 12:11 PM
IF the game goes ahead - and that's a big if - the crowd will be under 6,000 and we'll lose.

Happy Noo Year!

Tricla
28-12-2011, 12:44 PM
All Hail the Ubermeister :not worth

I have free tickets for tonight but even then i'm not sure i can muster any festive charm and goodwill to go along to ER and have that knocked right out of me :rolleyes:

I'm not professing to be an uberfan at all. Just think that the reasons that some are giving for not going to watch Hibs were really poor IMO.

OF game on the telly - shameful reason for not going

Weather - we live in a country that has 365 days of p*sh weather

Rubbish fitba - for now

BTW, if you're not going to use those free tickets (:crazy:) then I'm sure there would be many a punter who'd happily take them off you.

Hibbyradge
28-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I can blame them, Hibs are at home and Hibs fans, if they can make it, should be there.

To watch an Old Firm game instead, who people seem to think they hate and would rather not exist, is pathetic.

We've got a new manager and are in a position wherer we need support, it's time to show a bit of it instead of just turning up for the days where Hibs are playing well and winning.

Blaming them for what?

They won't be doing anything wrong.

It seems to me that someone not wanting to shell out at this time of year to watch a sub standard product in a howling gale is perfectly sensible.

What they do instead is irrelevant, but the OF game will be an attractive option for loads of people who have an interest in Scottish football.

I've been considering going along tonight and I still might do.

However, the thought of sitting for close to 2 hours watching the crushing bore-fest that has been the hallmark of Hibs displays over the last 3 years doesn't really appeal.

If I do go, it will be in the hope that the game is good, but I don't expect it to be.

In fact, why am I even considering it??????????

Tricla
28-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Blaming them for what?

They won't be doing anything wrong.

It seems to me that someone not wanting to shell out at this time of year to watch a sub standard product in a howling gale is perfectly sensible.

What they do instead is irrelevant, but the OF game will be an attractive option for loads of people who have an interest in Scottish football.

I've been considering going along tonight and I still might do.

However, the thought of sitting for close to 2 hours watching the crushing bore-fest that has been the hallmark of Hibs displays over the last 3 years doesn't really appeal.

If I do go, it will be in the hope that the game is good, but I don't expect it to be.

In fact, why am I even considering it??????????

I can understand people not wanting to go for financial reasons and for many other reasons for that matter.

But to say (as a Hibby) that you'd rather watch an OF derby than go and support The Cabbage seems ridiculous to me.

The bit in bold - I bet you'd play golf in this Mr Radge! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
28-12-2011, 01:12 PM
I can understand people not wanting to go for financial reasons and for many other reasons for that matter.

But to say (as a Hibby) that you'd rather watch an OF derby than go and support The Cabbage seems ridiculous to me.

The bit in bold - I bet you'd play golf in this Mr Radge! :greengrin

Surely you can understand not wanting to go out in bad weather too?

Regarding your final point, I was scheduled to play golf today, but I'm still at home with no intentions of leaving the house. :na na:

greenlex
28-12-2011, 01:17 PM

Regarding your final point, I was scheduled to play golf today, but I'm still at home with no intentions of leaving the house. :na na:
Pussy! I reckon the second green would drivable with a 7 iron.:greengrin
Downside the 5th will be par 5.:agree:

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm not professing to be an uberfan at all. Just think that the reasons that some are giving for not going to watch Hibs were really poor IMO.

OF game on the telly - shameful reason for not going

Weather - we live in a country that has 365 days of p*sh weather

Rubbish fitba - for now

BTW, if you're not going to use those free tickets (:crazy:) then I'm sure there would be many a punter who'd happily take them off you.

I agree with the OF game being a crap reason but the weather isn't anything like this for the other 364 days of the year so that's a valid point and the gash fitba has been hash for over 4 years now and getting gasher so another valid point for people not wanting to go/part with cash/waste time...

RE Free Ticks: I really don't know about that, folk on here/in pub cant give ST's away for free just now and i know of 5 ST holders who arent going tonight..

You basically would need to pay folk to go along to ER just now...

But that's the fans fault :rolleyes:

Tricla
28-12-2011, 01:56 PM
I agree with the OF game being a crap reason but the weather isn't anything like this for the other 364 days of the year so that's a valid point and the gash fitba has been hash for over 4 years now and getting gasher so another valid point for people not wanting to go/part with cash/waste time...

RE Free Ticks: I really don't know about that, folk on here/in pub cant give ST's away for free just now and i know of 5 ST holders who arent going tonight..

You basically would need to pay folk to go along to ER just now...

But that's the fans fault :rolleyes:

If only! :greengrin

Tricla
28-12-2011, 02:10 PM

Of course. But if the game is on then is the weather bad enough not to go out in?

Personal opinion I suppose. Our forefathers would never have let a bit of wind and rain get in the way of watching the football and they watched some dire Hibs teams too.

In regards to golf - I'm raging about the weather as I have acquired a motocaddy that is sitting idle. Absolutely champing at the bit to take it out!

greenlex
28-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Of course. But if the game is on then is the weather bad enough not to go out in?

Personal opinion I suppose. Our forefathers would never have let a bit of wind and rain get in the way of watching the football and they watched some dire Hibs teams too.

In regards to golf - I'm raging about the weather as I have acquired a motocaddy that is sitting idle. Absolutely champing at the bit to take it out!
Take the Mtocaddy to the game just for a wee run out.:greengrin

Hibbyradge
28-12-2011, 02:29 PM

I'm pretty certain that plenty of our forefathers felt the cold and the rain too!

Where do you play your golf?

Future17
28-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Hibs lowest attendance for an SPL game at Easter Road in recent years was 5,447 against Partick Thistle in an end of season game on Wednesday 5th May 2004.

We had recently lost the CIS Cup Final to Livingston, Williamson had departed and Clark and McCabe were "caretaker" managers after Gudjon Thordarsson turned down the chance to become manager on a temporary basis.

Anybody think that a combination of factors tonight; poor performances/results, bad weather, small travelling support, general apathy etc. might result in a record low attendance?

Tricla
28-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Take the Mtocaddy to the game just for a wee run out.:greengrin

:greengrin

Tricla
28-12-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm pretty certain that plenty of our forefathers felt the cold and the rain too!

Where do you play your golf?

Turnhouse, just like yourself.

Hibbyradge
28-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Turnhouse, just like yourself.

:doh:

I didn't recognise you in the avatar!

MSK
28-12-2011, 05:13 PM
You "golfers" wanna get a room ..:hijack:

lyonhibs
28-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Im not going tonight, as I have a frankly far more attractive alternative that won't involve watching Hibs pretend to play football in a howling gale. Id be going otherwise, and have successfully given away my free ticket. If we get anything approaching 9k, then it'll be a Brucie Bonus in the circumstances.

Aldo
28-12-2011, 05:48 PM
My guess is. 6270

Dashing Bob S
28-12-2011, 05:49 PM

surreyhibbie
28-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Would LOVE to be going tonight. Miss seeing the team.

Even if we are gash at the moment...:boo hoo:

fatbloke
28-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Would LOVE to be going tonight. Miss seeing the team.

Even if we are gash at the moment...:boo hoo:

Were you on the sauce?:greengrin

Ozyhibby
29-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Hibs lowest attendance for an SPL game at Easter Road in recent years was 5,447 against Partick Thistle in an end of season game on Wednesday 5th May 2004.

We had recently lost the CIS Cup Final to Livingston, Williamson had departed and Clark and McCabe were "caretaker" managers after Gudjon Thordarsson turned down the chance to become manager on a temporary basis.

Anybody think that a combination of factors tonight; poor performances/results, bad weather, small travelling support, general apathy etc. might result in a record low attendance?

And Kevin Thomson done his knee in to boot. Not a great night.

Keith_M
29-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Anyway, who won?