PDA

View Full Version : Next 2 Results could.................

Sammy7nil
26-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Turn the season on it's head and give Pat much needed Breathing space to organise and plan for the future without the intense pressure.

Don't care how but lets get 2 wins good luck to Pat and the Boys

KiddA
26-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Turn the season on it's head and give Pat much needed Breathing space to organise and plan for the future without the intense pressure.

The problem is Hibs can't buy a win at the moment. There is no doubt about it if we win the next two games it will give us a boost but I just cant see it. ICT will be well organized and a tough game and then there is a on form Hearts team to deal with too. I hate to be negative but we are just not good enough to pick up six points in the next two games but I hope they prove me wrong :agree:

stubru59
26-12-2011, 08:08 PM

We need to start winning games, and soon. Fortunately for us, the likes of Dunfermline are in exactly the same boat.

Its now all down to who blinks first.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-12-2011, 08:23 PM
At the end of the day when it's all said and done on this forum regardless of what people think it's ridiculous we are in this situation.

End of..

edwards
26-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Hopefully paddy can lift the team for the Inverness game, Murray back in the centre of defence or midfield.
will O'Connor be back.

nortonhibby
26-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Next 2 games are written off we have THE BIG GAME V DUNFY we must win that game we need to win it its a 6 pointer.

silverhibee
26-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Next 2 games are written off we have THE BIG GAME V DUNFY we must win that game we need to win it its a 6 pointer.

I agree, i worry Hibs dont take nothing from the next two games, the Pars game is a massive game for us, lose it and relagation looms for us.

nortonhibby
26-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I agree, i worry Hibs dont take nothing from the next two games, the Pars game is a massive game for us, lose it and relagation looms for us.

Agreed anything from next 2 games is a bonus the big one for us is V Dunfermline 3 points there is our priority.:flag:

Kammy1875
26-12-2011, 09:54 PM
We need a win.

All we need is a win. The players need the boost :agree:

matty_f
26-12-2011, 09:55 PM

Agreed anything from next 2 games is a bonus the big one for us is V Dunfermline 3 points there is our priority.:flag:

IMHO we don't have the luxury of writing any games off, let alone one against another team right down at the bottom of the league with us, and the other our city rivals.

If we write those games off and Dunfermline win their two games then we're goosed come the time we play them!

Seriously hope nobody is going to Easter Road on Wednesday night thinking the result doesn't matter.:rolleyes:

glenn6270
26-12-2011, 10:17 PM
every game is a must win for us just now as we all know but ...........................
we have been left with a pile of bottlers so we need to bring in decent players come january another clear out again .
just hope paddy gets it right .

DAVE1875
27-12-2011, 01:10 AM
I can see both games being very tough; Caley are well organised and the Hearts players seem to be trying to play at their best to advertise themselves to better clubs. The mentality of our players going into the Pars game will be decided with the next two games, it's make or break time.

Hibercelona
27-12-2011, 01:22 AM
The problem is Hibs can't buy a win at the moment. There is no doubt about it if we win the next two games it will give us a boost but I just cant see it. ICT will be well organized and a tough game and then there is a on form Hearts team to deal with too. I hate to be negative but we are just not good enough to pick up six points in the next two games but I hope they prove me wrong :agree:

It's not that we can't buy a "win".

If the board are looking to buy a "win" then we should all just give up now.

You can't buy a "win". You can however buy a team with "bawz", a team that might not always look great, but they'll always pull through for their fans in the end. Something we haven't had for a good 40 years. (Way before my time). That includes the TM era. Regardless of how good we've looked at times, we've still kept losing games when it really mattered.

monktonharp
27-12-2011, 01:43 AM
we must go out with the attitude on Wed.that we will win. from the fans and the team. there are a few bottlers out there in the side that dont deserve a place and we can hope that Fenlon,assisted by Broon has finally realised that.Ian Murray for instance,is the type that wont lie down if the going gets tough.he has lost a fair bit in terms of speed etc in the last year and a half but he has a grit and determination and we can only depend on players like him at this time. no point in worrying about Dunfermline Athletic,we were 2 goals up against them at East end and should have put them to bed but them's the breaks and hopefully we can get a break or two between the ICT /Derby and Cowdenbeath games, and go back to East End knowing that we can win that one. oh ye of little faith, he says with tongue in cheek.:flag:

bingo70
27-12-2011, 08:28 AM
A home game against inverness is a write off because the dunfermline game is bigger? Behave eh, are we only allowed to win one more game this season?

We played well on the first half against utd but ultimately got beat because they've got better players than us, this isn't the case against calley so with the improvement in performance since paddy has come in I'm convinced we'll win on Wednesday and we'll beat dunfermline too, not as confident about the derby as I was a couple of weeks ago but let's not get too worried about them, they're not Barcelona, they're a very average team that's had a couple of decent results

Aldo
27-12-2011, 09:56 AM
If we start writing games off before they are played then we are totally screwed . Take every game as it comes and go out with the attitude that you want to win, easier said then done at the mo but you cannot rule out anything.

Every game we play between now and the end if the season is like a cup final IMHO. We are far from being screwed. We went on a 7 game unbeaten run after Xmas last season so here's hoping.

Never ever give up hope regardless. I really wish I could make more games cos I think PF is the man for the job and given the right time and resources I am more than sure he will get us moving further up the table.

Mon the Hibs.

GG

Cropley10
27-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Can't see a win ICT or Hearts. This is what happens when a Club continually signs rubbish journeyman mixed in with the odd basket-case. We simply do not have anything approaching the quality required nor the team spirit. Dunfermline is our Cup Final, sadly.

Aldo
27-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Can't see a win ICT or Hearts. This is what happens when a Club continually signs rubbish journeyman mixed in with the odd basket-case. We simply do not have anything approaching the quality required nor the team spirit. Dunfermline is our Cup Final, sadly.

It's not the club crops but the ***** managers that want the players. Not many players we have signed in recent years have been good enough IMHO.

I am not looking for world beaters but players that could enhance the team. Calderwood could nae find a half decent player if he stood right in front of him. When he lost out on Rooney and the boy Homed that was it. No back ups etc.

There are players out there it's just finding them.

Season is and for me was a write off with CC in charge but at the moment I would bite your hand off for 11th place and a fresh start.

Planning for next season starts now IMHO and I am sure we will see a lot of folk leaving in the summer.

I will say this and I know I was trying to be positive in my last post but we won't win on the 2nd ( I really hope we do but cannot see it.)

For me Sat 14th Jan will be one of the biggest games of the season (away to the pars) . I am pulling out the stops to try and get to that game and so should everyone else.