PDA

View Full Version : Team V Inverness

Wotherspiniesta
24-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Might aswell get this one in early seeing as its only a few days away.

How do you think we should line up?

I'd go with:

.......................Brown......................

Spoony....O'Hanlon...Stephens.....Hanlon

..............Welsh.......Stevenson...........

.......................Scott...................... ..

Galbraith........Sodje/Gaz............Griffiths

Subs: Stack Murray Palsson Sproule Caldwell Horner Sodje/Gaz

Hart is never going to be good enough and after a decent display at Aberdeen last week, resorted to his standard performance level today. O'Hanlon doesn't fill me with confidence, but is probably a little better than Murray. A little. I don't mind Hanlon at LB, I think he's been doing OK there. Stack may make some decent saves, but his failure to come for crosses doesn't help one bit, so Brown deserves a chance. So does Welsh, he's waited long enough and hopefully can create a little more in the centre of the park than Wotherspoon/Stevenson. Galbraith and Griffiths can cut in from the wings.

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2011, 10:03 PM

I'd go with:

Hart is never going to be good enough and after a decent display at Aberdeen last week, resorted to his standard performance level today. O'Hanlon doesn't fill me with confidence, but is probably a little better than Murray. A little. I don't mind Hanlon at LB, I think he's been doing OK there. Stack may make some decent saves, but his failure to come for crosses doesn't help one bit, so Brown deserves a chance. So does Welsh, he's waited long enough and hopefully can create a little more in the centre of the park than Wotherspoon/Stevenson. Galbraith and Griffiths can cut in from the wings.

Its a waste of time. You can shuffle the cards as much as you like but you still come up with the same duff hand.

PiemanP
25-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Want to see booth back. He offers us a lot more going forward, even if it sacrafices a bit at the back. That would allow to hanlon back in central defence where he is best.

Also maybe like to see the return of palsson. We are crying out for an attacking midfielder though.

HH81
25-12-2011, 10:48 AM

I'd go with:

Hart was on the pitch for 76 mins, when he went off it was 1-1. How is Hibs losing 3-1 Harts fault? :confused:

Hart may well have to start Wednesday.

Lets hope some new faces are in by end Jan.

Captain Trips
25-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Picking this team is like rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic but you never know with this lot.

Hibs90
25-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Brown

Towell
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Wotherspoon
Scott
Osbourne
Galbraith

Sodje
Griffiths

PISTOL1875
25-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Brown

Towell
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Wotherspoon
Scott
Osbourne
Galbraith

Sodje
Griffiths

Osbourne is injured..

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Its a waste of time. You can shuffle the cards as much as you like but you still come up with the same duff hand.

Its like being delt 7-2 off suit every hand in texas holdem.

PISTOL1875
25-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Brown

Towell
Stephens
O'Hanlon
Hanlon

Stevenson
Palsson
Scott

Wotherspoon
Sodje
Griffiths

Hibs90
25-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Osbourne is injured..

Shows how much I've been paying attention recentley. :greengrin

PaulSmith
25-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Towell, Welsh and Booth in for Stevenson, Sproule and Palson

Baldy
25-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I would be a bit radical and go 3-5-2

...............Stack

......O'Hanlon,Stephens, Hanlon

............Stevenson
......Welsh , Scott, Booth
.............Griffiths

........O'Connor, Sodje

Sir David Gray
25-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Picking this team is like rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic but you never know with this lot.

:agree:

No matter which team is sent out onto the field, it will be below par.

Our squad is just not good enough, regardless of which combination you pick.

Jones28
25-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Brown
Towell Stephens Hanlon Booth
Galbraith Wotherspoon Stevenson Sproule
Sodje Caldwell

A young team, drop the journeymen (Hart, O'Hanlon) and O'connor (who is not good enough atm) and bring in youth and pace. Sodje is underated imho and deserves a chance

PISTOL1875
25-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Brown
Sodje Caldwell

A young team, drop the journeymen (Hart, O'Hanlon) and O'connor (who is not good enough atm) and bring in youth and pace. Sodje is underated imho and deserves a chance

Why would you drop Sparky ?? He scored in the last game didn't he ????????

alfieboi75
25-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Drop the entire full team for Wednesday night...and bring in the U19s.......they will show more commitment....passion....belief.....

SteveHFC
25-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Stack

Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Wotherspoon
Stevenson
Stanton
Galbraith

Caldwell
Griffiths

Feed McGraw
25-12-2011, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Jones28;3049417]
Brown
Sodje Caldwell

[/QUOTE

We are staring at relegation as it is, that team, IMO, would rubber stamp it.

Alfred E Newman
25-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Drop the entire full team for Wednesday night...and bring in the U19s.......they will show more commitment....passion....belief.....

or pick the first 11 supporters through the turnstiles on Wed.

R'Albin
25-12-2011, 02:56 PM
A young team, drop the journeymen and bring in youth and pace. Sodje is underated imho and deserves a chance

:agree: Mines would be...

Stack

Towell
Stephens
O'Hanlon
Hanlon

Booth
Stevenson
Scott
Welsh (Also RM Isn't he?

Sodje
Griffiths

.... IMO Sproule has to get dropped on current form.. He has been horrendous for most of this season.

R'Albin
25-12-2011, 02:57 PM

Effort isn't the issue IMO, I think it's because they have no confidence. Also because they are pish:greengrin

alfieboi75
25-12-2011, 02:57 PM
[/B]

I'll be turning up early!!!:na na:

3pm
25-12-2011, 03:01 PM
[/B]

Brave man making the assumption that 11 will turn up to watch that pish.

one day maybe...
25-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Opinions eh, just shows that there are loads of options out there that we all feel are viable solutions. Problem is that no matter what we are doing at the moment with the team, it is still cascading down a slippery slope. IMO we need 4 players in the window, 2 no nonsense all out ball winning defenders preferably with a bit of experience and pace and 2 central midfielders that can pass a ball to feet or into space when required to do so, not blooming just give the ball away for the sake of passing it. Oh aye and huge set of balls for everyone else.
Merry Christmas and remember, your Hibby because you know its better than to being a Jambo :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
25-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Hart was on the pitch for 76 mins, when he went off it was 1-1. How is Hibs losing 3-1 Harts fault? :confused:

Hart may well have to start Wednesday.

Lets hope some new faces are in by end Jan.

When did I say it was Hart's fault we lost? :confused:

He was taken off after 76 minutes because he was playing terribly.

hibby67
25-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Brave man making the assumption that 11 will turn up to watch that pish.

:top marks

.Sean.
25-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Stack
Palsson
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth

Wotherspoon
Welsh
Scott
Sproule

Griffits
Caldwell

mim
25-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Brown
Wotherspoon O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth
Towell Scott Palsson Murray Stevenson
O'Connor

Jones28
25-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Why would you drop Sparky ?? He scored in the last game didn't he ????????

Woops, replace Sproule with Griffiths*

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Playing Palson anywhere in the back four is a complete no-no. He was no better than Hart on Saturday and the both if them should have been hooked.

The_Horde
25-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Stack

Hart ohanlon hanlon booth

Sproule towell stevenson Wotherspoon Galbraith

Sodje

BoltonHibee
25-12-2011, 07:25 PM
2 forwards are a must, whatever Fenlon decides to do with the formation

Makaveli
25-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Brown in goals, Hanlon out, Towell and Murray somewhere, 2 up front.

AlbertK86
25-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Brown

Towell
Murray
Stephens
Hanlon

Griffiths
Palsson
Stevenson
Booth

Gaz
Sodje

Subs

Stack
O'Hanlon
Spoon
Welsh
Sproule
Caldwell
Stanton

The Voice Of Reason
25-12-2011, 09:01 PM
When you look at all the possible formations that have been posted, the glaring thing that jumps out for me is how really dreadful we are in midfield (especially with Osbourne injured). Midfield names mentioned to date are :-

Scott
Wotherspoon
Stevenson
Pallson
Welsh
Booth
Sproule
Gabraith
Stanton
Griffiths (I would play him up front, but someone mentioned him in midfield).

A distinct lack of a midfield powerhouse and a playmaker (key things for a midfield, surely ?!?!?)

All of these jokers would struggle to get a game for every other SPL team IMHO.

Very worrying - Fenlon must address the midfield area as a matter of priority IMHO. :agree: :worried::worried:

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2011, 09:34 PM
4-4-2. Whatever the players. We have no one in the midfield, Osbourne apart, who can take the ball and pick a pass. That leaves us picking four stuffy mids that shouldn't let the ball get through them, the downside being hoofing it up front. Doing that to one man is pointless. Sodje, to try to make it stick and LG cos he is scoring.

GreenCastle
25-12-2011, 09:59 PM
What I think he will play - 4-2-3-1 again - minimal changes

Stack

Hart
O'Hanlon
Stevens
Hanlon

Stevenson
Wotherspoon

Galbraith
Scott
Sproule

LG

What I would play...assuming GOC and Osbourne are out injured - Simple 4-4-2 - think Sodge and LG would link up well - Sproule and Galbraith need to prove they are good enough for a simple wide player job.

Stack

Towell
O'Hanlon
Stevens
Hanlon

Galbraith
Stevenson
Scott
Sproule

Sodje
LG

Bench -

Wotherspoon / GOC if fit? / Palsson / Caldwell / Welsh / Brown

yekimevol
25-12-2011, 10:23 PM
stack
towell stephens hanlon booth
sproule wortherspoon scott or pallson galbraith
griffiths sodje or o'connor

i think this team could be enough to beat cally,no more of this one up top foolishness against teams we can compete against.

Northernhibee
26-12-2011, 02:48 AM
This thread is alarmingly horrible.

I don't even know where you'd start here.

Maybe:

Brown

Spoony
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Stevenson
Scott
Stanton

Griffiths

Sodje
Caldwell

Septimus
26-12-2011, 06:40 AM
God to see Welsh, Stanton and Caldwell getting a mention above. Come on Fenlon. You know it makes sense.

Albion Hibs
26-12-2011, 10:33 AM
I think it is important that we play with two strikers as we dont have a proper target up front, but more importantly we have no support or attacking drive from out full backs. As a result every team starts and finishes games all over us. I am choosing to leave Wotherspoon out, I am sure there may be a player in there somewhere, I just cannot for the life of me remember the last time I saw it, Palsson in addition gives little to be excited about. Ideally I would play Murray at CH instead of O'Hanlon, but think we are lacking someone to stop our midfield collapsing.

On that basis;

Brown

Hart / O'Hanlon / Stephens / Smith

Murray

Scott / Towell / Griffiths

Sodje

O'Connor

I am not usually one for just firing in the youngsters, but we have had nothing from our full backs this season. He offers a decent delivery into the box from what I have seen to why not. With Griffiths in front of him he may be a little exposed, but I guess he will just have to deal with that. It is worth the sacrifice to perhaps, and I know it is a crazy thought, maybe actually score from a corner or free-kick (I dont think we have done that all season, with maybe exception of O'Hanlon at St Mirren).

Gmack7
26-12-2011, 10:38 AM
good t6 see we have such a big strong squad there must have been 25 players mentioned already

Makaveli
26-12-2011, 11:36 AM
I think it is important that we play with two strikers as we dont have a proper target up front, but more importantly we have no support or attacking drive from out full backs. As a result every team starts and finishes games all over us. I am choosing to leave Wotherspoon out, I am sure there may be a player in there somewhere, I just cannot for the life of me remember the last time I saw it, Palsson in addition gives little to be excited about. Ideally I would play Murray at CH instead of O'Hanlon, but think we are lacking someone to stop our midfield collapsing.

On that basis;

Brown

Murray

Sodje

O'Connor

I am not usually one for just firing in the youngsters, but we have had nothing from our full backs this season. He offers a decent delivery into the box from what I have seen to why not. With Griffiths in front of him he may be a little exposed, but I guess he will just have to deal with that. It is worth the sacrifice to perhaps, and I know it is a crazy thought, maybe actually score from a corner or free-kick (I dont think we have done that all season, with maybe exception of O'Hanlon at St Mirren).

I think that's as fair a shout as any. Like you I'd prefer Murray at CH but needs must. The only personnel change I'd make is Stevenson in for Smith (with no protection from Griffiths we need a left-back with more positional discipline than I've seen from Smith or Booth. Hanlon isn't in my thoughts). Moving Towell to right-mid, or even playing Wotherspoon there, would give us a no nonsense central pairing of Scott and Murray which is what we need give our uniform lack of quality.

As for corners, Scott's deliveries were excellent every time when he was taking them in the league cup rout - I have no idea why he hasn't been on them since.

Franck is God
26-12-2011, 11:56 AM
My team for ICT game. I'm working on the thought that Osbourne and O'Connor are still unavailable.

Brown

Towell----Stephens----Hanlon----Booth

Palsson---Stevenson
Spoony--------------------------------Galbraith

Sodje---Griffiths

PaulSmith
26-12-2011, 12:00 PM
My team for ICT game. I'm working on the thought that Osbourne and O'Connor are still unavailable.

Brown

Towell----Stephens----Hanlon----Booth

Palsson---Stevenson
Spoony--------------------------------Galbraith

Sodje---Griffiths

If there was ever evidence of how poor we are then that team is it. There are 5 players in that team that wouldn't get into the starting 11 of any other team in the SPL bar maybe Dunfermline.

Speedway
26-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Easy team to pick:

Graham Loser
Michael Loser
Sean O'Loser
David Loser
Paul Loser

David Wotherloser
Lewis Loser
Jimmy Loser
Danny Galoser

Leith Loser
Akpo Loser

Prove me wrong whenever you're ready, boys.

col02
26-12-2011, 08:26 PM
I would like to see 2 up front and also Ian Murray sitting in front of the defence playing a 4-1-3-2 formation. Match Caley in the middle of the park and we at least have a chance of taking something from the game. My team would be along the lines of this -

Gk. Stack
Rb. Hart
Cb. O'Hanlon
Cb. Stephens
Lb. Hanlon
Dm. Murray
Rcm. Wotherspoon
Cm. Palsson
Lcm. Stevenson
Cf. Griffiths
Cf. O'Connor or Caldwell if unfit

A lack of width there perhaps but we are not a team that hits the bye line anyway with great consistancy. If we play one up front then I fully expect some of the fans to turn on Fenlon even this early into his tenure. This is our game like the St Mirren one last season that has a great bearing on it as win it and we stay in touch with others but lose and we are cut adrift with just Dunfermline keeping us company.

Alfred E Newman
26-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I would like to see 2 up front and also Ian Murray sitting in front of the defence playing a 4-1-3-2 formation. Match Caley in the middle of the park and we at least have a chance of taking something from the game. My team would be along the lines of this -

Gk. Stack
Rb. Hart
Cb. O'Hanlon
Cb. Stephens
Lb. Hanlon
Dm. Murray
Rcm. Wotherspoon
Cm. Palsson
Lcm. Stevenson
Cf. Griffiths
Cf. O'Connor or Caldwell if unfit

A lack of width there perhaps but we are not a team that hits the bye line anyway with great consistancy. If we play one up front then I fully expect some of the fans to turn on Fenlon even this early into his tenure. This is our game like the St Mirren one last season that has a great bearing on it as win it and we stay in touch with others but lose and we are cut adrift with just Dunfermline keeping us company.

Someone else already mentioned how this thread has revealed the total lack of creative and skillfull midfield players in the squad and this post underlines it. The whole thread has depressed me even more.

silverhibee
26-12-2011, 10:50 PM

On that basis;

Brown

Murray

Sodje

O'Connor

How can you possibly pick Hart the guy is a liability every game he plays for Hibs, put Towell back at right back and give Pallson another chance in the midfield.

scoopyboy
26-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Someone else already mentioned how this thread has revealed the total lack of creative and skillfull midfield players in the squad and this post underlines it. The whole thread has depressed me even more.

You, depressed, never.

You are one of the most upbeat posters ever.

IWasThere2016
27-12-2011, 12:02 AM
How can you possibly pick Hart the guy is a liability every game he plays for Hibs, put Towell back at right back and give Pallson another chance in the midfield.

Agreed - 'cept with Palsson in :wink:

allezsauzee
27-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Stack

Towell O'Hanlon Stephens Hanlon

Wotherspoon Stevenson Booth

Sproule O'Connor Griffiths

Elephant Stone
27-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Stack

Booth
Murray
Hanlon
Towell

Galbraith
Stevenson
Scott/Palsson
Wotherspoon

O'Connor
Griffiths

We need new players.

Albion Hibs
27-12-2011, 03:55 PM

Hart did well against Dundee Utd, would you not agree? I would agree he was not great against Rangers but I thought the played well against Dundee, and I dont think it is any coincidence that they scored their second and third after he went off. If the solution is designed to have Palsson in midfield, I would rather start with 10 men, they guy has never kicked a ball for hibs. I must have blinked and missed the stage were he was really good for us.

I have commented previously that we are playing too many players out of position, in an ideal world I would play Towell at RB but I think that leaves us wanting in midfield. How many of our other midfielders have got themselves up the pitch and scored so far this season?

Golden Bear
27-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Sadly I don't think that it will make a significant difference regardless of the make up or formation of the team.

The truth is that they're all much of muchness and that is just no very guid.

:boo hoo:

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Hart did well against Dundee Utd, would you not agree? I would agree he was not great against Rangers but I thought the played well against Dundee, and I dont think it is any coincidence that they scored their second and third after he went off. If the solution is designed to have Palsson in midfield, I would rather start with 10 men, they guy has never kicked a ball for hibs. I must have blinked and missed the stage were he was really good for us.

I have commented previously that we are playing too many players out of position, in an ideal world I would play Towell at RB but I think that leaves us wanting in midfield. How many of our other midfielders have got themselves up the pitch and scored so far this season?

No.

And clearly the manager never either, seeing as he was hooked 20 minutes before the end.

Now who knows better?......you?......or the manager? :greengrin

James70
27-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Surely it's time to give Mark Brown a chance to prove himself again, Stack hasn't exactly been outstanding and has probably cost us a few goals.

Franck Stanton
27-12-2011, 05:45 PM
No.

And clearly the manager never either, seeing as he was hooked 20 minutes before the end.

Now who knows better?......you?......or the manager? :greengrin

He can't have been hooked after 70 min because he isn't quite up to full match fittness, nah, silly suggestion I suppose. lets all just jump on the bandwagon and slate the current whipping boy shall we ? The entire team are crap, but hey, lets just moan about Hart [ who had a decent enough game v unt, remember, when he went off the score was still 1-1].

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2011, 05:59 PM
He can't have been hooked after 70 min because he isn't quite up to full match fittness, nah, silly suggestion I suppose. lets all just jump on the bandwagon and slate the current whipping boy shall we ? The entire team are crap, but hey, lets just moan about Hart [ who had a decent enough game v unt, remember, when he went off the score was still 1-1].

Nah, he was hooked after 70 minutes because he was playing crap. The defence was solid in the first half but after the break they fell to pieces and Hart was a big part of that IMO. Hart was decent/good against Aberdeen but was woeful again on Saturday and was taken off because of that. We're all allowed opinions on players, I praise them when they do well and criticise them when they're having a mare. So it's not a case of the "current whipping boy" or "jumping on the bandwagon" it's just my opinion of his performance. Hart's not good enough IMO.

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Sorry little man I was there, i saw it. Most of our issues after that came down the right hand side. But seeing as your football mastermind plays Wotherspoon at right back, your comments hold little water with me...he has been woeful there this season, in fact I think everytime he has played there he has cost us a goal.

As for who knows better, perhaps a little childish....but none the less to be expected.

Selective memory again on your part. Hart was hooked because most of our issues were coming down that side. My football mastermind? Don't know what you're talking about. If it's a reference to our manager's decision to hook Hart then have a word, the guy's been in the door for 3 and a half games and is still trying to figure out what to do with this team.

My comment wasn't childish, it was more jesting. Hence the :greengrin

Seeing as you can't take a laugh though, I'll refrain from quoting you from now on. If you want to see childish, read your first sentence again :aok:

beensaidbefore
27-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Stack
Hanlon O'Hanlon Murray
Scott
Sproule Stevenson
Galbraith Griffiths
O'Connor
Sodje

Albion Hibs
28-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Selective memory again on your part. Hart was hooked because most of our issues were coming down that side. My football mastermind? Don't know what you're talking about. If it's a reference to our manager's decision to hook Hart then have a word, the guy's been in the door for 3 and a half games and is still trying to figure out what to do with this team.

My comment wasn't childish, it was more jesting. Hence the :greengrin

Seeing as you can't take a laugh though, I'll refrain from quoting you from now on. If you want to see childish, read your first sentence again :aok:

I am pretty sure most of our problems were coming right through the middle, and it was there midfielders not being bothered in the slightest by our own that led to the first goal and service to the strikers for the 2nd and 3rd - did you see something different?

With regards mastermind I was referring to you playing wotherspoon at RB, he has cost us a goal every time he has played there this season.

Wotherspiniesta
28-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I am pretty sure most of our problems were coming right through the middle, and it was there midfielders not being bothered in the slightest by our own that led to the first goal and service to the strikers for the 2nd and 3rd - did you see something different?

With regards mastermind I was referring to you playing wotherspoon at RB, he has cost us a goal every time he has played there this season.

Is that so?

We've had 4 clean sheets this season. Care to venture a guess at who was RB in two of those games?

Albion Hibs
28-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Is that so?

We've had 4 clean sheets this season. Care to venture a guess at who was RB in two of those games?

I will better that, how about you tell me who cost us the goal during the last game he played at RB?

Albion Hibs
28-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Is that so?

I will better that, how about you tell me who cost us the goal during the last game he played at RB?

I will go one more and ask who played right back in the last game we won?

Clue - the answer to both these questions is different.

Stew1875Mc
28-12-2011, 12:55 AM

Galbraith........Gaz.............Griffiths

i think this would be a good team to field for the game Vs Inverness, giving Brown, Welsh & Scott a chance to start the game. Hopefully the players will be dying to impress to try and make the starting XI Vs. Hearts'

Wotherspiniesta
28-12-2011, 01:59 AM

If you mean Wotherspoon against Dunfermline then congratulations. He never tracked his man. :aok: Still a better option than Hart who for an experienced player has cost us more goals than I care to imagine during his time at Hibs.

I will go one more and ask who played right back in the last game we won?

Clue - the answer to both these questions is different.

You're certainly going back a while there! Towell v St Mirren? :confused:

Is that the best response you've got to your original post about Spoony costing us a goal everytime he's played at right back? After I proved you were slavering?(again)

Anyway, whoever the manager picks at right back better be up to scratch if he's up against Hayes.

hibee1994
28-12-2011, 02:12 AM
I think Inverness have a real attacking threat so I think Fenlon might use 4-2-3-1

My prefered team would be:

Brown

Wotherspoon (WBR) - Stephens (CB) - Hanlon (CB) - Booth (WBL)

Stevenson (DM) - Palsson (DM)

Galbraith (AMR) - Scott (AMC) - Griffiths (AML)

O'Connor (ST)

Subs: Stack - Towell - O'Hanlon - Stanton - Sproule - Sodje - Caldwell

Fenlon says Sam Stanton has shown a lot of promise and hard work in training and I've heard a lot of good things about this kid so I would like to see him rewarded with a debut off the bench. Galbraith looks lively but i'm not sure he is the best person to be shooting at goal. In defence it was a toss up between O'Hanlon and Stephens but, although Stephens has made a few mistakes, I am not convinced by O'Hanlon. Booth has made it back into my team but I am still convinced the lad is a LM or a winger, hopefully he will re-live his sweet strike from the visit of Inverness last season. Wotherspoon goes into a wing back role so he can get forward and play the passing game but only because I feel Hart isn't good enough and we don't have anyone else who can play that position any better. Stevenson has played his heart out in the last couple of weeks, no doubting that and while some people would say he isn't a good enough player, the other players can only benefit from seeing some raw passion. Scott is pretty much the only "creative" player I can think of so I put him in an AMC supporting role, hopefully he would hit some decent through balls to the wingers and striker. Palsson is there as added insurance, a tackler and a strong guy, he is an ideal anchor man to keep the opposition at bay. I think Brown deserves a stint in goal, don't think Fenlon has seen him play in a SPL match yet either and Stacky could enjoy a wee rest prior to the derby. If Osbourne was fit, he would have nailed down one of the first places in my team but he isn't so that makes it a little bit tougher. Would also like Griffiths and Galbraith to switch places every now and again throughout the match, would confuse the full backs a little bit.

Would like to see Fenlon have a change of tactic after the break if scores are still level - maybe try a classic 4-4-2.

Judas Iscariot
28-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Stack

Towell O'Hanlon Murray Hanlon

Sproule Scott Wotherspoon Stevenson Griffiths

GOC

stanton10
28-12-2011, 10:05 AM
What is it with wotherspoon we have been carrying him for 18 months get welsh in and let him get on with it dont even put spoony on the bench.

Andy74
28-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Sadly I don't think that it will make a significant difference regardless of the make up or formation of the team.

The truth is that they're all much of muchness and that is just no very guid.

:boo hoo:

Some of these teams make me realise there might actually have been worse managers than CC out there!

The team will not be changed much, nor should it, we need to start getting consistency and people knowing their positions and their jobs on the pitch.

Neither is this the time to start with the usual nonsesne that the under 19 team could do better.

bigwheel
28-12-2011, 10:27 AM
What is it with wotherspoon we have been carrying him for 18 months get welsh in and let him get on with it dont even put spoony on the bench.

Spoony is one of our better players - and since he has been moved into central midfield has done ok.... he will start tonight for sure....

silverhibee
28-12-2011, 12:17 PM

Think you are getting mixed up with Hart.

Northernhibee
28-12-2011, 12:22 PM

Hello, Yam!

:yamlaugh:

HibsNutter
28-12-2011, 02:16 PM
stack

towell
stephens
hanlon
booth

wotherspoon
scott
stevenson

sproule
o'connor
griffiths

matty_f
28-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Hello, Yam!

:yamlaugh:

To be honest, from what they were like in the 19's, I'd put Welsh in ahead of Wotherspoon every day of the week.

JustSimplyHibs
28-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Stack

Towell (RB)
Stephens (CB)
O'Hanlon (CB)
Hanlon (LB)

Stevenson (DM)
Wotherspoon (DM)

Scott (AMR)
Griffiths (AMC)
Galbraith (AML)

O'Connor (FW)

Subs
Booth, Murray, Caldwell, Crawford, Stanton, Palsson, Sodja

It wont make much difference but the sooner the loan players come back the sooner we can get rid of a couple of high earners in the mould of Sproule and Hart.

The_Horde
28-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Stack

Towell ohanlon hanlon Booth

Stevenson Murray stanton

Sproule GOC Griffiths

Albion Hibs
28-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Think you are getting mixed up with Hart.

No.

bigwheel
28-12-2011, 02:46 PM
To be honest, from what they were like in the 19's, I'd put Welsh in ahead of Wotherspoon every day of the week.

Why judge them from 2 years ago....What about right now? Wotherspoon has played many first team games, Welsh (IIRC) hasnt had a competive match. Wotherspoon is regular U21 player, Welsh not even in squad...... It would be great for Welsh to make a breakthrough, but to consider him better than Wotherspoon - surely not??? There is no doubt Wotherspoon form has dropped over last year, but he has rarely played in his position. He is now - actually last 3-4 games he is getting back to some decent performances....he was decent on Saturday...

Wotherspiniesta
28-12-2011, 02:48 PM
;3049602']Stack

Hart ohanlon hanlon booth

Sproule towell stevenson Wotherspoon Galbraith

Sodje

;3052497']Stack

Towell ohanlon hanlon Booth

Stevenson Murray stanton

Sproule GOC Griffiths

Is that your final answer? :greengrin

crash
28-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Why judge them from 2 years ago....What about right now? Wotherspoon has played many first team games, Welsh (IIRC) hasnt had a competive match. Wotherspoon is regular U21 player, Welsh not even in squad...... It would be great for Welsh to make a breakthrough, but to consider him better than Wotherspoon - surely not??? There is no doubt Wotherspoon form has dropped over last year, but he has rarely played in his position. He is now - actually last 3-4 games he is getting back to some decent performances....he was decent on Saturday...

United players were going past him with ease on Saturday, Wotherspoon has struggled in every game I have seen him this season. Not good enough.

Brooster
28-12-2011, 03:54 PM
United players were going past him with ease on Saturday, Wotherspoon has struggled in every game I have seen him this season. Not good enough.

One of last saturdays back 4 is out with a stomach bug.

bigwheel
28-12-2011, 04:14 PM

wasnt how I saw it...Thought he won his share of ball on Saturday - anyway, he's a good player - not on form - but a good player - He's worth his place in our eleven currently

Aldo
28-12-2011, 04:57 PM
One of last saturdays back 4 is out with a stomach bug.

Who?

greenlex
28-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Who?
I'm praying it's Hart to be honest. Get Towell in there tonight.

SteveHFC
28-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Who?

O'Hanlon?

The_Horde
28-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Is that your final answer? :greengrin
Nut.

Zibi

Van zanten murdock ohanlon edge

Wiss kerr chisolm

Hurtado morrow donaldson

Franck Stanton
28-12-2011, 05:28 PM
;3052755']Nut.

Zibi

Van zanten murdock ohanlon edge

Wiss kerr chisolm

Hurtado morrow donaldson

Aaaggggghhhhhhh, that team must be about the worst 11 ever to have worn the jersey, ............however...............now that i think about it..........would probably beat our starting 11 from Saturdays game. Stop it, you'll give me nightmares

seven nowt
28-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Mark Brown

Richie Towell Sean O'Hanlon Paul Hanlon Callum Booth

Victor Palsson

Sam Stanton

Sproule/Wotherspoon Leigh Griffiths

Garry O'Connor Akpo Sodje

Subs: Stack, J.Foster, Stephens, Welsh, Sproule/Wotherspoon, Stevenson R.Caldwell,

A crap team but the best I think we've got. If not, just field out all the u19's!