PDA

View Full Version : Total War

judas
24-12-2011, 08:11 PM
This is my declaration of Total War.

No use complaining about the appointment of Fenlon. He is here for the long haul and certainly not going anywhere before the end of the season. He gets my full support.

Not even much point berating the existing players. It will not come to any good. They get my full support.

Sorry, but it is good old fashioned support the club needs now. This support has to be loud, positive, numerous and fanatical in pursuit of the goal.

Get behind the team and stop greetin' like spineless wimps. It's a battle for survival.

I don't need a tin hat, I,ve got my green & white scarf.

davym7062
24-12-2011, 08:14 PM
whilst i agree with what you say the club has to do its bit, no way am i forking out £25/30 to watch the drivel on show. reduce the prices and i will come back.

SquashedFrogg
24-12-2011, 08:14 PM

No use complaining about the appointment of Fenlon. He is here for the long haul and certainly not going anywhere before the end of the season. He gets my full support.

Not even much point berating the existing players. It will not come to any good. They get my full support.

Sorry, but it is good old fashioned support the club needs now. This support has to be loud, positive, numerous and fanatical in pursuit of the goal.

Get behind the team and stop greetin' like spineless wimps. It's a battle for survival.

Get in there! :thumbsup:

I have complete faith in Fenlon and have already seen small signs of improvement. Well, at least a manager standing on the touchline who appears to care. The last two were more interested in how their suit looked.

judas
24-12-2011, 08:15 PM
whilst i agree with what you say the club has to do its bit, no way am i forking out £25/30 to watch the drivel on show. reduce the prices and i will come back.

Damn it. You just ruined my call with a good point.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:16 PM
We will stand up and be counted.

Lets hope the board does come January, lets hope the gamble for our survival. :agree:

SquashedFrogg
24-12-2011, 08:18 PM
We will stand up and be counted.

Lets hope the board does come January, lets hope the gamble for our survival. :agree:

The last time Rod gambled it cost him 50p :agree:

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:34 PM
The last time Rod gambled it cost him 50p :agree:

To be fair, he gambled in the summer when Brum and Forest came calling, he asked for too much, they ****ed off and now look at us.

Much more than 50p.

Sas_The_Hibby
24-12-2011, 08:34 PM
I realise it doesn't help just moaning and, obviously, Fenlon needs to be given time. I suspect he's not a bad manager. However, the problems at the club, IMO, run much deeper than who's the manager or which players we have in the squad.

I'm troubled, for example, by the following
1. promising young players we have had in recent years seem to rapidly lose all confidence and become average to poor players - e.g. Booth, Wotherspoon, Palsson
2. Calderwood looked like he'd rather be anywhere other than Easter Road in the summer, only about 8 months into the job - why?
3. Usually a new manager coming in produces some sort of positive reaction from a team, a bit more effort, even if it's only temporary. This didn't happen under Calderwood and It hasn't happened, as yet, with Fenlon
4. Players with a decent track record come to Easter Road and soon look like donkeys, e.g. van Graaf, Hart
5. Worst of all, we have the kind of resources, facilities and fanbase that almost every non-OF SPL team would die for and yet we're scrabbling around desperately trying to avoid relegation, for the second season in a row, with a team apparently devoid of skill, ideas, footballing sense or guts

I don't know what the problem is but if nothing's done about it I fear that in 5 years time we will have become the Dundee FC of Edinburgh, a confirmed First Division club, with a very occasional 1 season stint in the SPl and teetering on the edge of administration.

This isn't overreacting, IMO, and it may not happen but it's currently the direction we're heading.

MrSmith
24-12-2011, 08:43 PM

The kids and I attend Edinburgh Rugby matches now and it costs me £25 for two adults and two kids to be entertained in amongst a crowd of 5/6000! Perhaps the board ought to look at that kind of pricing to entice fans back.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Instead of coming out with the Jung type hyperbole, all I'm going to say is we've been ***** for ages, any ideas how to change it?

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Instead of coming out with the Yung type hyperbole, all I'm going to say is we've been ***** for ages, any ideas how to change it?

Sack the board.

Holmesdale Hibs
24-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Judus, I completely agree with you. We've tried moaning and, even although it is often completely justifiable, it hasn't helped. Getting behind the team is definitely worth a punt.

I do agree with the point that £25/£30 for a home match is too steep and we need to do something about this - the 3 for 2 offer was a good start. I used to be a Hibs Kid when I was younger, not sure if we still do this but things like that are a good idea.

Makaveli
24-12-2011, 09:40 PM
I was in the "not going back til Calderwood's out camp" and have stumped up the cash for a half season ticket. The 45 minutes at Fir Park showed enough to convince me we would be okay, as did the Huns game. I wasn't at Aberdeen but we looked fairly solid from the TV pictures. The players are obviously nowhere near Hibs class, many not even SPL class, but at least looked capable of the basics.

With the "squad" we have, we always look like giving the ball away. The difference under Fenlon is that we sometimes look like winning it back. The last 30 minutes today were disgusting though, and that's surely down to the players. Whether it's fitness, concentration or whatever else - they must do better. A lack of confidence and being out of the winning habit are no excuses for such basic individual errors in control and positioning.

There was a great turnout today and we need that every week. A dogfight usually unites the support - remember hundreds being locked out of East End Park in '98 - but the players don't seem to be aware of what's going on, or at least to care. With our policy of short contracts and high player turnover why would they be? Half of them will be away in the summer whatever happens.

IMO we are about 7 signings away from being a good side but only 3 or 4 from being decent (by SPL standards). The striker sounds good and if Pat can bring in a decent centre half and a creative midfielder in January we'll be fine.

Kevvy1875
24-12-2011, 10:17 PM

:top marks

I hope every other fan comes to realize this too. Forget where we think we should be. We are where we are and must fight to get out of it now and we simply must support the team as much as is possible. Every point is precious now. One win at home since February is the biggest problem for me. Cannot ever remember us having such a poor home run like that. Anything we take on the road is a bonus but we have to start picking up points at home....the support will come into that equation big time.

ronaldo7
24-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Sack the board.

Mon then Kammy, who'd you replace them with.

Names, records etc.

ArmadaleHibs
24-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Count me in. Every week I will stand up and be counted

Rossco1875
24-12-2011, 10:38 PM

:thumbsup:
:top marks:top marks

cant agree more i dont care how bad we are at the moment hibernian fc is a big part of my life and i will always support them win lose or draw and today i was only not there because i got a puncture on the m90 on the way up totaly gutted! Right now the club needs us more than ever!

Ozyhibby
24-12-2011, 10:46 PM
:thumbsup:

cant agree more i dont care how bad we are at the moment hibernian fc is a big part of my life and i will always support them win lose or draw and today i was only not there because i got a puncture on the m90 on the way up totaly gutted! Right now the club needs us more than ever!

If the club really needed us they would not have bought the garbage players who have arrived over the last two years.
If they are going to put out a team as bad as dunfermline's then they deserve crowds to match.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 10:48 PM

Names, records etc.

Give me some decent ££ and I'll give you them names.

I would go for a decent lower league down south's chief exec if that helps? It works.

:aok:

Rossco1875
24-12-2011, 10:57 PM
If the club really needed us they would not have bought the garbage players who have arrived over the last two years.
If they are going to put out a team as bad as dunfermline's then they deserve crowds to match.

so do you think the club are trying to drive us away :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2011, 11:00 PM

Does it really matter what level of support the team gets, if the team ain't good enough there is sod all us fans can do IMO

huggie1875
24-12-2011, 11:02 PM

:top marksSpot on mate lets get behind the team a win on wednesday is really needed and we wont help with negativity in the stands :hibees

Twa Cairpets
25-12-2011, 12:01 AM
The kids and I attend Edinburgh Rugby matches now and it costs me £25 for two adults and two kids to be entertained in amongst a crowd of 5/6000! Perhaps the board ought to look at that kind of pricing to entice fans back.

Yes, buts it's rugby and therefore utterly Pish. You'd need to pay me £25 to watch that.

silverhibee
25-12-2011, 12:32 AM

Names, records etc.

I am sure STF would know people who could replace them, but the problem being is STF is happy with the people running his club. Thats the stumbling point i suppose.

MrSmith
25-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Yes, buts it's rugby and therefore utterly Pish. You'd need to pay me £25 to watch that.

What I used to think too! However, watching Davey Denton pound up and down the line and, for a youngster (21), show more passion and fight than the combined total of our team has changed my mind!

Twa Cairpets
25-12-2011, 09:33 AM
What I used to think too! However, watching Davey Denton pound up and down the line and, for a youngster (21), show more passion and fight than the combined total of our team has changed my mind!

Nah, still prefer to have my eyeballs scooped out with a rusty spoon that watch egg chasing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Quid pro quo. We will do it on the terraces and the team does it on the park. Expecting, never mind demanding one without the other is a bit of a reach maybe.

IndieHibby
25-12-2011, 10:41 AM
With the "squad" we have, we always look like giving the ball away. The difference under Fenlon is that we sometimes look like winning it back. The last 30 minutes today were disgusting though, and that's surely down to the players. Whether it's fitness, concentration or whatever else - they must do better. .

I think the point about fitness is one well made. Pallsson in particular looked like he was struggling - in the first half! To be fair, Pat did point this out after the game; remarked on how we couldn't last the 90.

When we switched Pallsson to RB after Hart came off our troubles really started. All the Arabs had to do was play simple one-two's around him and fire the ball into the box. Before this he was leaving too much room to their wide player, or getting dragged into the middle (which would have been fine if he had made a single decent challenge there)

We'll miss Ozzy badly in the next few weeks.