PDA

View Full Version : The Summer Bedwetters And Negative Lot Sadly Proven Right

smurf
24-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Our Pre Season was a shambles. And we are now fully paying the price. How embarassing that a club of our stature with our training facilities should be exposed to having a squad of players simply not fit for purpose?

Yet again we enter the January transfer window in a relegation dog fight scrambling around desparate for players. Different Manager but same old story.

It's not just the Manager.

Think Dunfermline. Think Dunfermline football club and you think of a hopeless football team unable to compete with the promotion struggling at the foot of the SPL.

We are joint bottom with them at Christmas.

Unbelievable.

marinello59
24-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Won't they be pleased then?
Common consensus on here was that Caldwerwood had left us a complete shambles and when Pat Fenlon took the job on he had a major task on his hands. What's changed since he took over to provoke this thread? We ARE in the crap, NOBODY doubts that. But we haven't hit the transfer window yet to let the new man start to make a real difference. Self indulgent wallowing in negativty and self pity is deeply unattractive in any walk of life.

mca
24-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Common consensus on here was that Caldwerwood had left us a complete shambles and when Pat Fenlon took the job on he had a major task on his hands. What's changed since he took over to provoke this thread? We ARE in the crap, NOBODY doubts that. But we haven't hit the transfer window yet to let the new man start to make a real difference. Self indulgent wallowing in negativty and self pity is deeply unattractive in any walk of life.

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I hope those bed wetters who predicted we could be relegated are wide of the mark?:worried:

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Our Pre Season was a shambles. And we are now fully paying the price. How embarassing that a club of our stature with our training facilities should be exposed to having a squad of players simply not fit for purpose?

Yet again we enter the January transfer window in a relegation dog fight scrambling around desparate for players. Different Manager but same old story.

Think Dunfermline. Think Dunfermline football club and you think of a hopeless football team unable to compete with the promotion struggling at the foot of the SPL.

Unbelievable.

And lets be thankful for them, look at the other teams in the league that have improved Motherwell great appointment in SM, St Johnstone, St Mirren beat Rangers Today, Kilmarnock all improved on last season.

ICT And Sheep not improved but not went down hill like us.

Dunfy promoted a crappy team who will go down, in the past we would expect to win games home and away against the teams i mention above, but truth is they have better players than us now and do not fear us.

Dunfermline who we are equal with in the table do not knock them we need them its a 2 horse race now and we will survive.

essexhibee
24-12-2011, 09:02 PM
I just cannot see when we are going to win again. Dreading the derby...tbh hate to say it but testement to the hearts players even under those conditions they are still performing.

Never really believed it but after today we seriously could be relegated. If we lose to dunfy next match we are down imo because we both are hopeless and never look like winning.

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2011, 09:06 PM
I just cannot see when we are going to win again. Dreading the derby...tbh hate to say it but testement to the hearts players even under those conditions they are still performing.

Never really believed it but after today we seriously could be relegated. If we lose to dunfy next match we are down imo because we both are hopeless.

Quite simply, the Hearts players are far better than ours.

Look at the Hearts bench today :-

# 0 MacDonald,
# 05 Barr,
# 13 Obua,
# 11 Driver,
# 19 Skacel,
# 34 Stewart,
# 18 Novikovas

At least 4 of them (in bold) would easily walk in to our team.

greenlex
24-12-2011, 09:15 PM
And lets be thankful for them, look at the other teams in the league that have improved Motherwell great appointment in SM, St Johnstone, St Mirren beat Rangers Today, Kilmarnock all improved on last season.

ICT And Sheep not improved but not went down hill like us.

Dunfy promoted a crappy team who will go down, in the past we would expect to win games home and away against the teams i mention above, but truth is they have better players than us now and do not fear us.

Dunfermline who we are equal with in the table do not knock them we need them its a 2 horse race now and we will survive.
Some fanciful thinking there. How far back do you take the past to expect to beat St Mirren St Johnstone Killie and Aberdeen away? Don't even get me started on Inverness.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Some fanciful thinking there. How far back do you take the past to expect to beat St Mirren St Johnstone Killie and Aberdeen away? Don't even get me started on Inverness.

we beat them away this season ?

Hibercelona
24-12-2011, 10:15 PM

# 0 MacDonald,
# 05 Barr,
# 13 Obua,
# 11 Driver,
# 19 Skacel,
# 34 Stewart,
# 18 Novikovas

It's scary to think that they have players who still want to play for them even if they aren't getting paid for it. Where as ours always get paid but really don't look like they want to play for the green....

greenlex
24-12-2011, 10:22 PM
we beat them away this season ?
Aye and I'm sure you expected it too.:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
24-12-2011, 10:23 PM

Unbelievable.

Rod Petrie had the chance in the summer to get rid of the clownshoe CC how he thought he was right for the club I will never know, that was Rods final act of gross incomptence and when CC went he should have followed.

Pat who I really like and have hopes for is on a hiding to nothing, rubbish players and any decent ones are here for the short term. This carry on was on cards from CCs early days and it runs on to today, my only concern with Pat is signing this new guy Doyle for IMO a short term this is a major factor in our problems we need a settled team is needed.

Good luck Pat.

greenlex
24-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Rod Petrie had the chance in the summer to get rid of the clownshoe CC how he thought he was right for the club I will never know, that was Rods final act of gross incomptence and when CC went he should have followed.

Pat who I really like and have hopes for is on a hiding to nothing, rubbish players and any decent ones are here for the short term. This carry on was on cards from CCs early days and it runs on to today, my only concern with Pat is signing this new guy Doyle for IMO a short term this is a major factor in our problems we need a settled team is needed.

Good luck Pat.

:confused: Is it only the decent ones that here short term?

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Aye and I'm sure you expected it too.:rolleyes:

sorry the result did not go the way you wanted. A Win is a Win for us perhaps you wanted us to lose yet again. ?

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 10:44 PM
:confused: Is it only the decent ones that here short term?

We have decent ones????????????????????

greenlex
24-12-2011, 10:46 PM
sorry the result did not go the way you wanted. A Win is a Win for us perhaps you wanted us to lose yet again. ?
Did you expect the win up there? Did you expect the win at St Mirren? Did you expect to win last week? How far back do you go when you say we used to expect to win at these places? That's what you were on about? Home and away. I think you need to go back to the 70s. Prove me wrong?
love it when we win:wink:

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 10:47 PM
none that i can name ?

greenlex
24-12-2011, 10:47 PM

Best ask Carlsberg:cb

PapillonVert
24-12-2011, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Carlsberg;3048858]Rod Petrie had the chance in the summer to get rid of the clownshoe CC how he thought he was right for the club I will never know, that was Rods final act of gross incomptence and when CC went he should have followed.

Good luck Pat.[/QUOTE

Paul, I see exactly where you are coming from. I feel sorry for PF - he has to try and do something with the most utterly useless bunch this side of the Mississippi.

I have to say that, even with PF, I fear that we are relegation candidates.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 10:51 PM

you support RP Big time not a bad word against him or the board i have looked back be honest r u RP? RESPECT IF YOU ARE .

greenlex
24-12-2011, 10:52 PM
you support RP Big time not a bad word against him or the board i have looked back be honest r u RP? RESPECT IF YOU ARE .
:hilarious

Captain Trips
24-12-2011, 10:57 PM

My error we have one or 2 if lucky whom have potential that are not here short term, to many key positions given to players not here for the long haul, reflected in our p1ss poor position.

Jim44
24-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Our best players would struggle to get into most SPL squads. We have ceased to be SPL underachievers and are now playing the convincing role of SPL also -rans. Our only chance of survival is if Dunfermline go into serious decline because we are undisputably the worst team in the league. A defeat against ICT and inevitable humiliafion at the hands of the 'laughing stock' ( how ironic ) will seal our fate and allow Fenlon to prepare for our battle to get out of the 1st Division at the first attempt. If we fail to do do that we might manage to get into the new play-off stage the following year.

smurf
24-12-2011, 11:34 PM

Why the hell would they be pleased? THINK first eh?

The point was the happy clappers ridiculed those who feared correctly the reality we are now in.

matty_f
24-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Brilliant. A Christmas wouldn't be complete without a happy clapper v doom and gloomer thread. Well done to all concerned.

Logging off now for Christmas, have a great one Hibees!:thumbsup:

Jim44
24-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Brilliant. A Christmas wouldn't be complete without a happy clapper v doom and gloomer thread. Well done to all concerned.

Where would we be without a bit of optimism. Merry Xmas Matty and also to all the rest of us miserable gits and happy clappers.

Sergeant Hibs
25-12-2011, 12:05 AM

# 0 MacDonald,
# 05 Barr,
# 13 Obua,
# 11 Driver,
# 19 Skacel,
# 34 Stewart,
# 18 Novikovas

Are u sure u highlighted the right player in Obua I'd rather have Filipe Morais than him Novikovas maybe but definately the others this rest of the season could be long

smurf
25-12-2011, 12:28 AM

From one of the guys who rejected the notion of CC in the summer having a negative impact on our summer.

Part of our problem at our club is the 'Hey we are where we are lets not look back' mentality. Maybe we need to because i would suggest we are going round in circles...

Anyhoo Merry Xmas.

NOLA
25-12-2011, 12:36 AM
14-1 after the sellik game was great odds on us getting relegated, whats the odds now:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 10:49 AM

We still have happy clappers?????

A few weeks ago i mentioned we were poor, ( how i wish i could come on and say the opposite) and although i didnt think we'd go down, did think we'd be in that battle. (now i'm not so sure) The usual posters came on and told me and others who agreed, we were drama queens and it was rediculous to even suggest it.

Its very difficult being right all the time, some folk seem to get upset about that for some reason?:wink:

We accuse the yams of burying their heads in the sand, but imo we have a lot of posters on here who do exactly the same thing. :confused:

Kaiser1962
25-12-2011, 12:14 PM

A few weeks ago i mentioned we were poor, ( how i wish i could come on and say the opposite) and although i didnt think we'd go down, did think we'd be in that battle. (now i'm not so sure) The usual posters came on and told me and others who agreed, we were drama queens and it was rediculous to even suggest it.

Its very difficult being right all the time, some folk seem to get upset about that for some reason?:wink:

We accuse the yams of burying their heads in the sand, but imo we have a lot of posters on here who do exactly the same thing. :confused:

Two words. Michael Hart. :cb

smurf
25-12-2011, 12:16 PM

Aside from the wee bounce winning 5 on the trot we have now been awful for 2 years.

We are just as bad as that lot in denying how poor we are and how poor a position we are in.

That would mean looking at more than just the Manager though. And hey we can't do that....

I think it's daft to say "Petrie needs to open the cheque book". Because compared to the majority of others we do.

So it's much more than financial reasons why we are now consistently underachieving. I'm not sure what it is but a start would be wholesale change in personnel.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Two words. Michael Hart. :cb

Yip i cant dodge that bullit, although in my defence he did play well the twice i saw him play for Preston. Maybe he just needs a bit of time? :wink:

Kaiser1962
25-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Yip i cant dodge that bullit, although in my defence he did play well the twice i saw him play for Preston. Maybe he just needs a bit of time? :wink:

Just goes to show there are no guarantees.

If someone can suggest a better (and realistic) alternative than what we have then I am all for it. Nobody has.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Just goes to show there are no guarantees.

If someone can suggest a better (and realistic) alternative than what we have then I am all for it. Nobody has.

Yip there's no guarantee's, although to get it wrong so many times is a fantastic gift we seem to have. :boo hoo:

Kaiser1962
25-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Yip there's no guarantee's, although to get it wrong so many times is a fantastic gift we seem to have. :boo hoo:

Sometimes things dont fit, like Mowbray at Celtic, for whatever reason.

FWIW I hope PF does well knowing that if he does he will have moved on within two seasons, if that. Should things go badly he will be sacked by then. Same goes for players and this is the reality in which we live.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Sometimes things dont fit, like Mowbray at Celtic, for whatever reason.

FWIW I hope PF does well knowing that if he does he will have moved on within two seasons, if that. Should things go badly he will be sacked by then. Same goes for players and this is the reality in which we live.

Or Petrie at Hibs? :wink:

Kaiser1962
25-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Or Petrie at Hibs? :wink:

...and round and round we go....

down the slope
25-12-2011, 01:57 PM
...and round and round we go....

No, it's down and down we go !.

Kaiser1962
25-12-2011, 02:00 PM
No, it's down and down we go !.

I dont think we will go down. We are not going to win anything anytime soon either though.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-12-2011, 05:14 PM
I pee my bed every night. not just summer.

Sammy7nil
26-12-2011, 06:30 PM

Great Stuff :agree::agree::agree::agree:

Remember to wash and change your bedding and clothes regularly. :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Phil D. Rolls
26-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Proven right by the wisdom that always happens mid season, and by the fact that they are never wrong.

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 07:25 PM

You should seek help for that. Alcohol ruins lives (and mattresses).

Hibernia Na Eir
26-12-2011, 07:31 PM
You should seek help for that. Alcohol ruins lives (and mattresses).

I enjoy soggy mattresses though.

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 07:52 PM
I enjoy soggy mattresses though.

I am gaining an impression of your lifestyle in my mind and, I have to be honest, it isnt pretty.

Sammy7nil
26-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Proven right by the wisdom that always happens mid season, and by the fact that they are never wrong.

Proven right because it was sooooooooooo easy to predict :agree:

Kammy1875
26-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Proven right because it was sooooooooooo easy to predict :agree:

:agree: Yet post it on here and be worried with it and it was all put downs and ridicule. :rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
26-12-2011, 09:43 PM
I am gaining an impression of your lifestyle in my mind and, I have to be honest, it isnt pretty.

....like Hibs at the moment??

;)

weonlywon6-2
26-12-2011, 09:49 PM
It's scary to think that they have players who still want to play for them even if they aren't getting paid for it. Where as ours always get paid but really don't look like they want to play for the green....

the hearts players are playing to put themselves in shop windows,thats the way i see it

nortonhibby
26-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Dunfy will go down they are rubbish. we need to concentrate on next season now thats when PF Will make his mark.:flag:

BT58
27-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Have we beat dunfermline this season????
Theyre meant to be the whipping boys

PAT has a lot of work to do,, hopefully hes got a few players lined up
Like ,,,,,,, a goalie.,a rb, a lb 2chs
Aw ****it ,,,,,,,who do wee keep????
Hope hes had a spy at cowdenbeath,,,this place will go into melt down if we lose to them !!!!!!
Bt

SteveHFC
27-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Dunfy will go down they are rubbish. we need to concentrate on next season now thats when PF Will make his mark.:flag:

Dunfermline are bottom but we are just as bad and only above them because we have lost fewer goals at home, we need to concentrate on this season otherwise we will find ourself at foot of table

bigwheel
27-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Dunfermline are bottom but we are just as bad and only above them because we have lost fewer goals at home, we need to concentrate on this season otherwise we will find ourself at foot of table

Yep, we drew at their place and the beat us at home. At the moment there is nothing between the two teams. One team needs to put some results together. We need to get some quality in to ensure its us...