PDA

View Full Version : Players Ratings

Davy Mac
24-12-2011, 06:15 PM
First game for a while, but real close the curtains stuff

Stack 6 - A couple of good saves to keep us in the game, otherwise nae chance

Hanlon 4 - Looks nervy and unsure, he's better than this
O'Hanlon 2 - Won maybe one header and got caught square/flat/ball watching numerous times - EMPTY
Stephens 3 - A bit more composed that O'Hanlon but again ball watched - EMPTY
Hart 5 - I thought he did reasonably well in the first half, not quite sure why he went off

Palsson 2 -What has happened to this fella, murder, can't tackle to save himself - EMPTY
Spoony 6 - Probably nicked MOM ahead of Griffiths, worked hard and at least tried to tackle
Scott 1 - Couldn't even make a 5 yard pass, looks overweight - murder polis - EMPTY
Stevenson 3 - Fits and starts, too small - get rid FFS - EMPTY
Sproule 3 - Needs to hug the line and stay wide, must believe in himself a bit more

Griffiths 6 - Took his goal well but the game changed when DUTD upped the ante and took the bait

Galbraith 4 - Made a difference when he came on
Murray 1 - No time

Fans 8 - I have to say we deserve a bit more than this, encourgaed the players and gave them our backing and then the players decided it was time for xmas dinner.

PaulSmith
24-12-2011, 06:17 PM

O'Hanlon 2 - Won maybe one header and got caught square/flat/ball watching numerous times - EMPTY
Hughes 3 - A bit more composed that O'Hanlon but again ball watched - EMPTY
Hart 5 - I thought he did reasonably well in the first half, not quite sure why he went off

Palsson 2 -What has happened to this fella, murder, can't tackle to save himself - EMPTY
Spoony 6 - Probably nicked MOM ahead of Griffiths, worked hard and at least tried to tackle
Scott 1 - Couldn't even make a 5 yard pass, looks overweight - muder polis - EMPTY
Sproule 3 - Needs to hug the line and stay wide, must believe in himself a bit more

Griffiths 6 - Took his goal well but the game changed when DUTD upped the ante and took the bait

Murray 1 - No time

Fans 8 - I have to say we deserve a bit more than this, encourgaed the players and gave them our backing and then the players decided it was time for xmas dinner.

Scott a 1, I thought he was one of our better players today.

Hughes...:greengrin Prob would be better than Stephens

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 06:19 PM

Hughes 3 - A bit more composed that O'Hanlon but again ball watched - EMPTY

Scott 1 - Couldn't even make a 5 yard pass, looks overweight - muder polis - EMPTY

Murray 1 - No time

Wish i'd gone now. :wink:

Davy Mac
24-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Wish i'd gone now. :wink:

:Ummm:...........:tee hee:

SteveHFC
24-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Stack - was Decent

Hanlon - was *****
O'Hanlon - was *****
Stephens - was *****
Hart - was Decent

Palsson - was *****
Spoony - was Good
Scott - was *****
Stevenson - was *****
Sproule - was *****

Griffiths - was good

Galbraith - was decent
Murray - No time

Albion Hibs
24-12-2011, 06:56 PM
A game of two halves, i thought we were slightly better in the first, and created a few decent chances, in the second, a different Hibs / Utd team came out and we got a battering.

Stack 6 - A few decent saves, one at the start of the 2nd in particular. Dont think he could have done anything for any of the goalsl

Hanlon 4 - Dont think he got forward once, and I cant remember the last time I saw him put in a cross. Not blaming him, another player that is out of position. I think we need to go with Booth, Smith, Murray or Stevenson in this position because this is no use.

O'Hanlon 3 - One a few in the air, but seems to constantly get dragged out of position. Not blaming the back four for the second half, they did not have a bolt of help from any of othe players in front of them. Drop for Murray or Hanlon.

Stephens 5 - Won almost everything in the air, and I thought overall he did well. For his height I am expecting a contribution at both ends of the pitch.

Hart 5 - I thought he played well. Why the heck Fenlon plays him every week then takes him off after 60 mins. I thought he did a far better job of containing them down the right than Palsson.

Palsson 4 - I dont rate this guy at all, but lets be sodding honest pat, he is papped in the reserves and then dragged out and asked to play at right midfield, again another player out of positon. I think the manager made a mistake on this one.

Wotherspoon 2 - Probably the worst player on the pitch for me. Again perhaps he is playing out of position, or he is too young(!), but dont remember him doing anything all game.

Stevenson 4 - Puts in more effort and passion than any of them out there, but between him and Wotherspoon they offered no protection to the back four which kind of defeats the purpose of the formation and why they are in there.

Scott 4 - I thought he did well, worked very hard, put a few decent balls into the box, however need more from him in that role. If It was me I would be playing sodje in there, he has more to offer in terms of height and agression.

Sproule 4 - Not a great display, he has started pretty much every game this season(?) perhaps a slot on the bench and see if he can be more influential coming on as a sub.

Griffiths 6 - Took his goal well, held up the ball against a decent CH in the first half, did not really do anything in the 2nd.

Galbraith 4 - No time, but would consider starting him over Ivan against ICT.

Murray 1 - No time, would have him somewhere in the back four or defensive midfield for ICT.

Fans 7 - Really good crowd considering all the negative chat about a fixture on Xmas eve, would have been nice if we could have got a result that helped us enjoy our xmas dinner rather than put us off it.

Manager ? - I am still seeing nothing which shows we are improving despite threads stating the opposite. There is also plenty claiming he has lots of passion and is far more insperational than past managers, to date I would agree....but only in so far as comments for the fans in the papers go. There is nothing that shows me he gets them going. At HT I am looking for him to earn his corn and give them confidence, it is all fair and well giving it the old fitness shout, but we need to see more from him IMO.

I am off to rattle a dozen of the sponsors brew (330ml ones of course). Wishing everyone the best for tomorrow (yes even you Blackpool), I guess it is only football at the end of the day!

SquashedFrogg
24-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Stack - was Decent

Hanlon - was *****
O'Hanlon - was *****
Stephens - was *****
Hart - was Decent

Palsson - was *****
Spoony - was Good
Scott - was *****
Stevenson - was *****
Sproule - was *****

Griffiths - was good

Galbraith - was decent
Murray - No time

Clearly at the wind up? :confused:

Baldy
24-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Stack 6 - no chance with the goals

Hanlon 5 - overlapped well, shame Ivan kept getting in his way
O'Hanlon 2 - has yet to have a good game
Stephens 5 - did the simple things
Hart 2 - positional sense is non existent, cant tackle, cant pass, cant be called a player

Palsson 2 -played 45 mins of good football in his entire Hibs career (v St Mirren last season)
Spoony 5 - did ok, but was too slow and caught in possession too often
Scott 6 - worked his socks off, great pass for goal, at least a presence
Stevenson 5 - usual 100% effort, did ok
Sproule 2 - not at the races today

Griffiths 6 - Took his goal well but very little else, got involved in a petulant incident that could have seen him sent off

Galbraith 1 - is he going to do anything?
Murray 1 - a pointless sub when 3-1 down

GreenCastle
24-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Was I imagining things or did I see Sodje on the pitch last few minutes

This guy obviously isn't Messi and does make some big mistakes but he does also work really hard and scored some important goals for us last season.

Surely should he be given more time ?

thebausburst
24-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Manager ? - I am still seeing nothing which shows we are improving despite threads stating the opposite. There is also plenty claiming he has lots of passion and is far more insperational than past managers, to date I would agree....but only in so far as comments for the fans in the papers go. There is nothing that shows me he gets them going. At HT I am looking for him to earn his corn and give them confidence, it is all fair and well giving it the old fitness shout, but we need to see more from him IMO.

I agree 100%, Fenlon has had zero reaction from the players which is VERY worrying. Tried to sook in with Gaz by making him captain which appears not to have worked, has stuck with Broons crap 4-5-1 which results in hoof ball and zero entertainment never mind results!

SquashedFrogg
24-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Was I imagining things or did I see Sodje on the pitch last few minutes

This guy obviously isn't Messi and does make some big mistakes but he does also work really hard and scored some important goals for us last season.

Surely should he be given more time ?

I agree, we needed a second striker in the second half especially. They had Daly as a focal point and two terrific players supporting him. That lad Russell won't be there long. Reminded me of a young McFadden. Superb player :agree:

FWIW here's my take on todays game.

Stack - No real complaints

Hanlon - Poor game but not a natural lb
O'Hanlon - pretty solid I thought
Stephens - again, pretty solid
Hart - :rolleyes:

Wotherspoon - poor, lacking confidence
Stevenson - future captain, like the way he gets about the pitch
Scott - plenty of effort but no real result
Palsson - heart not in it, lacking effort

Sproule - makes wrong runs and a liability
Griffiths - the boy has talent and needs support

Galbraith - alan obrien mark II
Sodje - needs games
Murray - why is he in the squad?

Wotherspiniesta
24-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Stack- 5 Decent, but again was stuck to his line for crosses.

I'm just going to mark the defence as an overall unit.

First Half- 8 Looked solid and worked really well.
Second Half- 1 Looked like they just met each other. O'Hanlon was particularily woeful.

Wotherspoon- 4 Was OK, but doesn't create enough. Put him back to right back.
Stevenson- 3 Little impact. That'll be his 3 good games a season over.
Scott- 6 Linked up well at times, and good ball for Griffiths for the goal.
Palsson- 3 Forgot he was playing, not a right midfielder in a million years.
Sproule- 2 Probably the worst of the lot for me. Made redundant by Robbie Nielson FFS.

Griffiths- 6 Tried hard and took his goal well

Galbraith- 4 At least had a shot on target
Sodje- 2 Little impact

Jonnyboy
24-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Thank God football is a game of opinions :greengrin

Palsson, Scott and Sproule were gash today.

Davy Mac
24-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Thank God football is a game of opinions :greengrin

Palsson, Scott and Sproule were gash today.

:agree: You forgot the word utter....

TrinityHibs
24-12-2011, 09:07 PM
wasnt there but Griffiths was up front on his own? And Hart and Galbraith got game time? Roll on the derby Jesus H F****** C****

Regardless have a great great Christmas ye bunch o bams

Coco Bryce
24-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Sproule re-signing has been a complete disaster. He bring the square root of nowt to the team.

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Sproule re-signing has been a complete disaster. He bring the square root of nowt to the team.

He spent most of the second half trying to pick a fight with Robbie Neilson.

007 Mickey Weir
24-12-2011, 09:26 PM
why arent players like Sodje, welsh and Crawford not getting game time! The guys on the park are gash week in week out. Fresh faces needed. Same players get in starting line up, same players come off the bench.

Team for next week -

BROWN

HART
MURRAY
STEPHENS
HANLON

GALBRAITH
WELSH
STEVENSON
BOOTH

GRIFFITHS
SODJE

Baldy
24-12-2011, 09:46 PM
why arent players like Sodje, welsh and Crawford not getting game time! The guys on the park are gash week in week out. Fresh faces needed. Same players get in starting line up, same players come off the bench.

Team for next week -

BROWN

HART
MURRAY
STEPHENS
HANLON

GALBRAITH
WELSH
STEVENSON
BOOTH

GRIFFITHS
SODJE

Hart, Murray and Galbraith have given us the square root of hee haw this year and you want to put them in a Derby?:rolleyes:

007 Mickey Weir
24-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Hart, Murray and Galbraith have given us the square root of hee haw this year and you want to put them in a Derby?:rolleyes:

Sorry I meant the ITC game. In those positions it is best of a bad bunch. Sproule gives us nothing and Galbraith is only other to put in there.

For the derby I would bring in Doyle. Drop Griffiths into right mid and hopefully have a new RB and centre back. We can but dream.

All I think is that I would like a bit of a change. Welsh deserves a chance. Sodje is worth a run as we can't score.

As fit defense we need a miracle!

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Stack 6 - no chance with the goals

Hanlon 5 - overlapped well, shame Ivan kept getting in his way
O'Hanlon 2 - has yet to have a good game
Stephens 5 - did the simple things
Hart 2 - positional sense is non existent, cant tackle, cant pass, cant be called a player

Palsson 2 -played 45 mins of good football in his entire Hibs career (v St Mirren last season)
Spoony 5 - did ok, but was too slow and caught in possession too often
Scott 6 - worked his socks off, great pass for goal, at least a presence
Stevenson 5 - usual 100% effort, did ok
Sproule 2 - not at the races today

Griffiths 6 - Took his goal well but very little else, got involved in a petulant incident that could have seen him sent off

Galbraith 1 - is he going to do anything?
Murray 1 - a pointless sub when 3-1 down

Agree with all above, but thought Stack hesitated at 3rd goal, maybe could have closed down the attacker better.....

Hart is woeful, as is Ivan......IMO

Galbraith, will he bring anything to the party?

Bunter
25-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Agree with all above, but thought Stack hesitated at 3rd goal, maybe could have closed down the attacker better.....

Hart is woeful, as is Ivan......IMO

Hanlon didn't help with the third goal by standing about five yards behind the rest of the defence, playing their forward on the opposite side of the park onside.

Agree with everything else.

Can anyone answer the burning question? Wotherspoon? Why?

Baldy
25-12-2011, 12:22 PM

he is being allowed so much more leeway than Alan O'Brien ever was because of his one moment of success, that miss hit goal at Parkhead.

otherwise he is as bad if not worse than AOB

Feed McGraw
25-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Hanlon didn't help with the third goal by standing about five yards behind the rest of the defence, playing their forward on the opposite side of the park onside.

Agree with everything else.

Can anyone answer the burning question? Wotherspoon? Why?

How Wotherspoon and especially Hanlon are in the team week in, week out is IMO incredible and one of the reasons we`ve been so poor. These guys are needing rested big time or retrained or something.