PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to the much heralded "Billy Brown Factor" ?!?!?

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Well so much for the Billy Brown factor.........is it him (with his vast knowledge of Scottish Football) who is insisting that Hart plays ?!?!? :fuming:

The_Horde
24-12-2011, 04:48 PM
When are people going to stop blaming managers/coaches/the wee dug pissing on the lamp post for how bad we are?

IFONLY
24-12-2011, 05:06 PM
;3048309']When are people going to stop blaming managers/coaches/the wee dug pissing on the lamp post for how bad we are?

You are right I said it out very loud when most where calling for Calderwood`s head that it wasn`t just the managers fault,most of the blame lies at the players feet, they are just not good enough. I really believe that we could employ the worlds best manager and still have the problems we have. Time to get rid of the deadwood and there is a lot of that.

scotiaf
24-12-2011, 05:52 PM
As bad as it may be, Hart was 1 of the better players today... Why don't we just call him Konte and destroy him.

Every 1 has there favourites... but watch the game!

tamig
24-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Well so much for the Billy Brown factor.........is it him (with his vast knowledge of Scottish Football) who is insisting that Hart plays ?!?!? :fuming:

You've got it very bad today with all these positive threads you're starting. Merry Christmas bud!

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2011, 06:22 PM
You've got it very bad today with all these positive threads you're starting. Merry Christmas bud!

I apologise - there is after all LOADS to be positive about !!!!! :aok:

Merry Xmas to you too.......ho ho ho.

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2011, 06:25 PM
As bad as it may be, Hart was 1 of the better players today... Why don't we just call him Konte and destroy him.

Fair point - I wasn't at the game today so my point re Hart is perhaps unfair (although he has been rank to date!)

I will therefore remove this thread shortly.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 06:28 PM

BB Should be made to stand at the side of the dug out for the entire game and do the spinney wheel thing he does with his hands it could motivate the players and would give the man a purpose.

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2011, 06:30 PM
BB Should be made to stand at the side of the dug out for the entire game and do the spinney wheel thing he does with his hands it could motivate the players and would give the man a purpose.

:faf: :top marks

R'Albin
24-12-2011, 06:36 PM

How do you know he is the one who wants Hart to play?

The Voice Of Reason
24-12-2011, 06:42 PM
How do you know he is the one who wants Hart to play?

When BB was in charge he immediately played Hart......so I am using my powers of analysis.

However, I should not have mentioned Hart on my OP as I wasn't at the game today and by all accounts he actually did OK (yes folks, that was not a typo........he actually did OK apparently!)

The point of the thread was that the "Billy Brown Factor" which was heralded when he first came to the club never actually existed and he has actually made no difference to the results at all.

leither17
24-12-2011, 06:52 PM

Hart was at fault for the 1st goal he just fell on his arse I usually back players all the way but he is shocking and shouldn't get near the 1st team

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 07:02 PM
When BB was in charge he immediately played Hart......so I am using my powers of analysis.

However, I should not have mentioned Hart on my OP as I wasn't at the game today and by all accounts he actually did OK (yes folks, that was not a typo........he actually did OK apparently!)

The point of the thread was that the "Billy Brown Factor" which was heralded when he first came to the club never actually existed and he has actually made no difference to the results at all.

Neither has PF so far ? anyway BB Is probably in the huff as he never got the big Gig and is now in the same position as DA Was chosen by RP To Assist and probably not amused.

marinello59
24-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Neither has PF so far ? anyway BB Is probably in the huff as he never got the big Gig and is now in the same position as DA Was chosen by RP To Assist and probably not amused.

He was disappointed not to get the main gig yet was happy enough to put that behind him and accept the assistants job rather than walk. Still...............let's further talk everything about our club down by making up another poxy conspiracy theory.

We have enough real problems to confront without making up more garbage to worry about.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 07:21 PM
He was disappointed not to get the main gig yet was happy enough to put that behind him and accept the assistants job rather than walk. Still...............let's further talk everything about our club down by making up another poxy conspiracy theory.

We have enough real problems to confront without making up more garbage to worry about.

Fair point but he is in the exact position as DA Was forced upon the Manager as his assistant chosen by RP, as oposed to an assistant being picked by the Main Man which is the norm.

DA Has done well sinse he left thats all im trying to say.

Its ironic but RP May actually have backed the losing horse in CC When he let the Thorough Bred go.

Eyrie
25-12-2011, 10:30 AM

Hart is the only natural RB in the squad, so it wasn't a difficult call to make.

What is of more concern is that he has started the last three games and been substituted in each. Presumably that's simply a lack of match fitness, but it does highlight the need to bring a replacement in during January.

RickyS
25-12-2011, 11:38 AM
You are right I said it out very loud when most where calling for Calderwood`s head that it wasn`t just the managers fault,most of the blame lies at the players feet, they are just not good enough. I really believe that we could employ the worlds best manager and still have the problems we have. Time to get rid of the deadwood and there is a lot of that.

i agree that there ain't much a manager can do when the players go over the line, however it is he who sign the donkeys in the first place.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 11:40 AM
i agree that there ain't much a manager can do when the players go over the line, however it is he who sign the donkeys in the first place.

Nail on head. :agree:

Bayern Bru
26-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Hart is the only natural RB in the squad, so it wasn't a difficult call to make.

What is of more concern is that he has started the last three games and been substituted in each. Presumably that's simply a lack of match fitness, but it does highlight the need to bring a replacement in during January.

It's more down to an abundance of crapness. He has effectively shipped three goals in three games (2 v Rangers and Dundee Utd's first), but you are right in terms of fitness, in that he doesn't have the legs.

cam75
26-12-2011, 09:04 AM

Spot on my friend,couple off soild players, a play maker or 2 in January should see us all right.

Carheenlea
26-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Fair point but he is in the exact position as DA Was forced upon the Manager as his assistant chosen by RP, as oposed to an assistant being picked by the Main Man which is the norm.

Its ironic but RP May actually have backed the losing horse in CC When he let the Thorough Bred go.
I really wish that people would stop posting this utter nonsense about assistant managers/players etc being forced on our managers by Rod Petrie.

Albion Hibs
26-12-2011, 09:47 AM

I think this is more like that period we had after Calderwood and Yogi were brought in, they could do not wrong it was the players. Then when the majority decide they want a new manager it goes back to being the manager and he cant do this motivation, that motivation etc etc.

What is even more frightening is how brown is taking fire here. Fenlon is the manager, regardless if he makes the decision he is the manager surely? A thread having a go at Billy Brown for what advice we THINK he may have given out seems stupid. Plus Brown did not seem to favour Hart when Calderwood was there, why does the OP think he does now?

FWIW I though Hart was actually decent against Dundee Utd. They seemed to get a lot more joy down that side of the pitch after he went off.

The Falcon
26-12-2011, 10:14 AM

Do you have any evidence to back up this?

Eyrie
26-12-2011, 11:27 AM
It's more down to an abundance of crapness. He has effectively shipped three goals in three games (2 v Rangers and Dundee Utd's first), but you are right in terms of fitness, in that he doesn't have the legs.
Fenlon has given him three starts, so can now decide if Hart's failing is crapness or fitness. Be interesting to see if he keeps his place for the next couple of games.

woody47
26-12-2011, 01:47 PM

Sorry but I had a laugh at this one. Hart was and still is garbage so there is nothing 'natural' about him. He puts us into danger so often because he has no speed. If anyone cares to actually look at the bigger picrture they will see that other managers KNOW this is the weak link and most of the play comes down his side.

Whilst there may not be a 'natural' right back at the club, surely anyone else would be better than Hart.

edwards
26-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Paddy doesn't exactly have an abundance of choices in the right back position he has Hart and erm Hart, Towell who hasn't played for a while Wotherspoon who has spent most of the time on the bench. An on loan centre half and right back looks on the cards.

ancient hibee
26-12-2011, 02:01 PM

What a load of tosh.When Fenlon arrived if he hadn't wanted Brown to stay he would have gone-he was only on a short term contract.

BS44
26-12-2011, 02:11 PM

You're being really unfair on Hart if you are singling him out for the first United goal. Couple of his team mates are as much to blame.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 02:12 PM

What nonsense. He cannot make a simple pass and is finished. He cannot mark or challenge at a corner. He is an embarrassment. Check his free-kick for our goal - it must be 10-15 yards off its intended target and straight an Arab who fails to control it .. It is horrific play from Hart. If you were at the game and thought he was one of the better hibbys you need an optician asap buddy.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Sorry but I had a laugh at this one. Hart was and still is garbage so there is nothing 'natural' about him. He puts us into danger so often because he has no speed. If anyone cares to actually look at the bigger picrture they will see that other managers KNOW this is the weak link and most of the play comes down his side.

Whilst there may not be a 'natural' right back at the club, surely anyone else would be better than Hart.

Yup - painfully obvious he is finished.

Speedway
26-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Interesting thread.

I had the chance to ask Brown if he was aware of this kind of chat on .net and what he felt had changed in recent weeks.

He told me 'Everybody's talking, all this stuff about me. Why can't they just let me live? I don't need permission to make mah ain decisions. That's mah prerogative. Folk say ah'm crazy, I really don't care. That's my prerogative They say ah'm nasty but I don't give a damn. Gettin' girls is how ah live.

Some ask me questions, 'why am I so real?' but they dinnae understand me. Ah really dinnae ken the deal about a brother trying hard to make it right
Not long ago before. Love, love, love, get busy'

That's how he sees it.

Phil D. Rolls
26-12-2011, 06:04 PM
See when you first encounter a Billy, you kind of get scared. But when you realise it is just a Yam on the wind up, you stop and look at who you really are. The beautiful game will return to ER, but too many of our waking souls will think it is a dream.

Nostradamus - East Terracing, 1902 - 3011

Phil D. Rolls
26-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Interesting thread.

I had the chance to ask Brown if he was aware of this kind of chat on .net and what he felt had changed in recent weeks.

He told me 'Everybody's talking, all this stuff about me. Why can't they just let me live? I don't need permission to make mah ain decisions. That's mah prerogative. Folk say ah'm crazy, I really don't care. That's my prerogative They say ah'm nasty but I don't give a damn. Gettin' girls is how ah live.

Some ask me questions, 'why am I so real?' but they dinnae understand me. Ah really dinnae ken the deal about a brother trying hard to make it right
Not long ago before. Love, love, love, get busy'

That's how he sees it.

Peiople got a nerve to ask that question, I can't believe they can ask him that, they got a nerve.

nortonhibby
26-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Do you have any evidence to back up this?

The first Division League Table is all the evidence i need DA seems to have his team playing well winning games and looking very good for promotion.

PapillonVert
26-12-2011, 06:50 PM
I am running out of ways to say "You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".

The Falcon
26-12-2011, 06:54 PM
The first Division League Table is all the evidence i need DA seems to have his team playing well winning games and looking very good for promotion.

No.

Evidence that BB was forced upon Calderwood, which you said. Or DA being forced on Calderwood for that matter.

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I am running out of ways to say "You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".

I agree. I think our players are nowhere near as good as they think they are. That is the major issue.

Gala Foxes
27-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Give the guy a chance, his first few months were working under Calderwood so he could hardly exert the main influence then. A few weeks on his own & now under Fenlon.

If you are looking for blame or scapegoats its pretty unfair to have a pop at Brown.

The problems at Easter Road have been building + simmering for 5/6 years not 2/3 months

whiskyhibby
27-12-2011, 09:33 AM

Quite right, I thought he did fine today, seems to be getting steadier with each game, two goals lost after he went off