PDA

View Full Version : Farmer/petrie invest or go (MERGED)

Pages : [1] 2

King Paddy
24-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Can the powers that be Farmer and Pertrie allow their tenure to run and run untill we are down to 3,000 attending Easter road. I would be embarressed if i was the owner of Hibernian Football club and admit that my time was up. I frankly would do the right for the people of Leith and all Hibernian fans and step aside as we presently are a laughing stock of a club. Before we were last relegated in 98 i pleaded with Farmer to sell and allow new investment to come in, he got close with Brian Kennedy but not close enough. I was a member of H.O.H. back then and i think i am right in saying that one of our members at the time contacted Brian Kennedy who then tried to a deal with Farmer which fell through.

Hibs for change is what needed now! and a pressure group should demand that we as supporters have had enough. We simply cannot allow Farmer to relegate us again, he must invest now to save us from
relegation, and if he is not prepared to dig us out of a hole then his tenure is up IMHO.

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 05:25 PM
So who's going to take over and plough money in then?

I've yet to see anyone come up with any alternative. And BTW, thank **** Kennedy didn't take us over because we'd be in a far, far worse place than we are now. If that's the alternative then frankly I'd rather be relegated.

The_Todd
24-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Just how does an owner "step aside"? It's not like a job, he can't just resign.

tamig
24-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Can the powers that be Farmer and Pertrie allow their tenure to run and run untill we are down to 3,000 attending Easter road. I would be embarressed if i was the owner of Hibernian Football club and admit that my time was up. I frankly would do the right for the people of Leith and all Hibernian fans and step aside as we presently are a laughing stock of a club. Before we were last relegated in 98 i pleaded with Farmer to sell and allow new investment to come in, he got close with Brian Kennedy but not close enough. I was a member of H.O.H. back then and i think i am right in saying that one of our members at the time contacted Brian Kennedy who then tried to a deal with Farmer which fell through.

Hibs for change is what needed now! and a pressure group should demand that we as supporters have had enough. We simply cannot allow Farmer to relegate us again, he must invest now to save us from
relegation, and if he is not prepared to dig us out of a hole then his tenure is up IMHO.

Jeezo. i'm pretty sure every manager has been backed with funds to bring in players. And I'm sure the budget is the fourth highest in the SPL. STF and RP don't buy the players. What exactly are you demanding here?

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Jeezo. i'm pretty sure every manager has been backed with funds to bring in players. And I'm sure the budget is the fourth highest in the SPL. STF and RP don't buy the players. What exactly are you demanding here?

They have been the ones who appointed all our duff managers, and look exactly at our legacy from all these hapless incumbents..... I really feel sorry for PF, he needs to be a miracle worker, to help us avoid the drop

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 05:35 PM
They have been the ones who appointed all our duff managers, and look exactly at our legacy from all these hapless incumbents..... I really feel sorry for PF, he needs to be a miracle worker, to help us avoid the drop

Spot on, if I was STF I would be asking a lot of questions of my board. He appears to be quite happy though and thinks the sun shines out of Rods arse, which to a supporter must be quite worrying!

tamig
24-12-2011, 05:36 PM

PF will be backed. I just hope he can work some magic and bring in a few guys who can really start to turn things around. I have faith that PF is the man to do just that though.

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Spot on, if I was STF I would be asking a lot of questions of my board. He appears to be quite happy though and thinks the sun shines out of Rods arse, which to a supporter must be quite worrying!

Sir Tom said at the AGM that he wished he had 10 Rod Petrie's at the Club....Sorry Sir Tom, you ken the square root of the centre of a doughnut about football......

scuttle
24-12-2011, 05:37 PM
We cant blame Farmer,Petrie or the board for lack of fitness,lack of tactics lack of two men up front or the amount of new faces that came in under Calderwood. The problem is the manager and coaching staff and S**** players,its time for a clearout, we have to invest in players now or its the First Division, and no matter how good Fenlon may or may not be this group of players would be lucky to stay in that division too. Get thier xmas cancelled and get them in to train, thier livelyhoods and MY HEALTH depend on it

The Falcon
24-12-2011, 05:38 PM

He's open to "investment" so now's your opportunity. You will have to rush though as there is a huge queue.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I've got no idea whats going on down ER way these days, the club is riddled throughout with a malaise, how its turned around, who knows?

Sir David Gray
24-12-2011, 05:39 PM

You're right, they have provided all the managers that we have had with a competitive budget and the tools to be able to bring in new players. They're not responsible at all for bad player recruitment.

However, they are responsible for manager recruitment and on that front, they have been found badly wanting.

The whole debacle surrounding Colin Calderwood with Petrie publicly declaring his support for him in the summer, when it was blatantly obvious that he wanted out, was absurd, considering that it ended up costing the club to remove him only a few months later, due to dire results.

On the back of all this, I find it hard to believe that the status quo has been maintained at boardroom level and everyone's carried on as normal.

The Falcon
24-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Sir Tom said at the AGM that he wished he had 10 Rod Petrie's at the Club....Sorry Sir Tom, you ken the square root of the centre of a doughnut about football......

which seems to involve clubs losing money hand over fist.............

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 05:40 PM

You better get your tin hat on BF, the greatfull dead will be along in a minute to tell you just how he saved us from oblivion 20 years ago, and without him we might be dead or if not struggling as a club, maybe even in the 1st division?

The Falcon
24-12-2011, 05:42 PM
You better get your tin hat on BF, the greatfull dead will be along in a minute to tell you just how he saved us from oblivion 20 years ago, and without him we might be dead or if not struggling as a club, maybe even in the 1st division?

He also said he was open to investment if folk wanted to put money in.

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2011, 05:45 PM

I just wished we had some financiers who wanted to buy him out, and get rid of the incumbents presently on our Board....We are in serious trouble and I can't see a quick fix.............

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 05:48 PM

I have no problem with STF owning Hibs, other than his constant backing of a man who's singlehandidly appointed far too many numpty's into the managers chair.

STF might know about running a succesfull company, but i doubt he'd stand back and watch one of his managers in his garage empire perform as badly as Petrie has.

Kaiser1962
24-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I just wished we had some financiers who wanted to buy him out, and get rid of the incumbents presently on our Board....We are in serious trouble and I can't see a quick fix.............

The consortium that wanted to buy the Yams have crashed and burned so they might be available. :cb

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 05:49 PM

Are the board actively going out to look for new investors? Or was it just a lazy statement to keep the fans at bay?

The Falcon
24-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Are the board actively going out to look for new investors? Or was it just a lazy statement to keep the fans at bay?

Make an offer and find out?

Which sane person is going to put money into a football club? Money that they do not have a hope in hell of getting back, never mind returning a profit.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 05:55 PM

Not true all he needs to do is keep us above Dunfermline and IMO He will. RP is the one who needs replaced and should have been long ago.

MrSmith
24-12-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm 100% behind Pat Fenlon and certain he will make a difference. Yes I agree the board need a foot up their combined @rses but would hate to be in either Hearts or Rangers or the other teams who are currently about to hit the fan! I hope that our board do see these issues and attend to them appropriately. Not time for them to go yet.

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Make an offer and find out?

Which sane person is going to put money into a football club? Money that they do not have a hope in hell of getting back, never mind returning a profit.

I'm not interested, a minority shareholding in a business is not my bag. My question was a serious one, I wasn't at the AGM I presume this was where the statement came from?

The Falcon
24-12-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm not interested, a minority shareholding in a business is not my bag. My question was a serious one, I wasn't at the AGM I presume this was where the statement came from?

Then don't go for a minority shareholding.

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Then don't go for a minority shareholding.

Can you answer the question or not? If you can't no problem, I was just interested in the context it was delivered

Kaiser1962
24-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm 100% behind Pat Fenlon and certain he will make a difference. Yes I agree the board need a foot up their combined @rses but would hate to be in either Hearts or Rangers or the other teams who are currently about to hit the fan! I hope that our board do see these issues and attend to them appropriately. Not time for them to go yet.

I'm with this MrSmith and think there are things they could have done/be doing better but, as has already been pointed out, there is not exactly a ruch to aqcuire SPL clubs, and one that cost it's owner over £1m last season. I am hopeful that PF is a decent appointment, time will tell.

That said it is looking unlikely that we will get to the end of this season with a full complement of clubs in the SPL so relaegation may not even be an issue come may, let alone before Christmas.

DarlingtonHibee
24-12-2011, 06:16 PM
He's open to "investment" so now's your opportunity. You will have to rush though as there is a huge queue.

We all know things are bad on the field, and I am as worried as anyone else, but......

The one thing we have is stability off the park. Yes, it is very hard to watch the Jambos doing very well on the pitch, but this is short term.

If other investors are so keen to buy us - where are they, all it needs is a call to the press to leak the interest - the truth is there is no-one who has a strong enough business plan/ investment that is acceptable to STF - lets be clear on this one, he has sorted a mess out once - he will not come back and do it again.

Re Mr Kennedy, he had some publicity over 20 year's ago - has he bid since then ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Is merely being in existance worth the bother? tin hat on.

PaulSmith
24-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Neither should go but what they should bloody well do is lead the club through this mess, there's and the Boards silence gives an impression that they don't give a toss. Yes Fenlon should be in charge 100% of the football side but FFS it's the club that needs a shake.

ancienthibby
24-12-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm with this MrSmith and think there are things they could have done/be doing better but, as has already been pointed out, there is not exactly a ruch to aqcuire SPL clubs, and one that cost it's owner over £1m last season. I am hopeful that PF is a decent appointment, time will tell.

That said it is looking unlikely that we will get to the end of this season with a full complement of clubs in the SPL so relaegation may not even be an issue come may, let alone before Christmas.

Well said, Kaiser, though I would point out that this was a cash investment by the parent company and so nobody should be accusing STF of standing in the background and not doing anything!!

Mind you, that said, he will need to do more this season!!

But why should we doubt him - he has already stood up to the mark.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 06:25 PM
People obsess on here about hearts and how they have every argument under the sun for Romanov, fact is we have the same on here.

Last ten years we have sold all of the family jewels and are ***** now, this is the boards fault for not only neglecting the problems on the field but also getting the wrong managers in at the wrong time.

The board hit the financial jackpot with the golden generation which had nothing to do with them and also with the appointment of TM and have been living off this every year since.

Facts are we are *****, facts are crowds are falling (don't blame the recession or all the SPL or some other pish) and fact is we could go down.

The board is to fault for relegation if it happens. They kept Coco in the job when they could have cashed in summer time. Disastrous decision with anyone with a of a clue or football brain could see.

Instead of admitting such come the AGM Farmer bums Petrie. **** ya's.

SteveHFC
24-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Petrie needs to invest some money into the squad in January or he can **** off!!!

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Well said, Kaiser, though I would point out that this was a cash investment by the parent company and so nobody should be accusing STF of standing in the background and not doing anything!!

He would not have had to put his hands in his pocket again if the guy he appointed to run the football side for him was better at his job. In fact, its strange imo how he continues to give him 100% support while Petrie is losing the club money like he is?

judas
24-12-2011, 06:32 PM

Another commercially naive critic carefully filtering the facts through frustration

Do you work in the public sector by any chance?

cam2644
24-12-2011, 06:33 PM
I doubt that a better owner than Sir Tom Farmer is around but his continued backing of Petrie mystifies everybody. Years of duff management choices combined with under investment in playing staff tell their own story. It might have looked very clever on the books to show profits from selling on players and replacing them with dross but that could only go on for so long. Now the chickens are coming home to roost. Gates have tumbled and thousands of fans may have been lost permanently. At a time when the Old Firm are stalling and Hearts might disappear Hibs had an open goal to go to the top.If Pat Fenlon is urgently given resources now we could still avoid the drop and see a big advance next season.Investment in players now could reap rich dividends. But time is running out. Petrie has to change course.

ancienthibby
24-12-2011, 06:35 PM
He would not have had to put his hands in his pocket again if the guy he appointed to run the football side for him was better at his job. In fact, its strange imo how he continues to give him 100% support while Petrie is losing the club money like he is?

STF is well on the record, I mean very well on the record, that The Tashman is HIS choice and so will have his full backing, including cash as has been demonstrated.

All the gnashing of teeth about RP is just pointless, and STF has proved this already.

Like it or lump it, this is where we are!

MrSmith
24-12-2011, 06:42 PM
You know, if we all stopped to consider the investment thing and asked ourselves one simple question: Would you invest in Hibs or the SPL for that matter? The answer would be unanimously and overwhelmingly NO! Right now there is no investment return nor short term future in either. What we need, in my view, is players with hunger and fighting mentality! Money does not buy this and I would hate to spend money we don't have on more 'journey men'. I'm certain, PF will bring in hungry young Irish based player and other players that will bring stability and fight to the club.

We do need to be a little patient here. I have been classed as the doomer and gloomer type but ... I can see a plan here and a decent manger for the first time since JC. So lets try to stick together and own this rollercoaster!

Merry Christmas ye all!

I just love looking down the bottle of Jack Daniels!

HFC 0-7
24-12-2011, 06:43 PM
The board have made it public that there targets have remained the same at the start of every season in the SPL, Europe and challenge for the cups getting to the latter stages. In the last 12 seasons we have only managed to achieve their targets 4 times. If the continual bad appointments and high turnover of playing staff keep happening then changes at board level will need to happen, whether its Petrie or Farmer moving on and finding a new owner or the club amending their targets.

Many fans will say that a manager needs more than 1 season to achieve a winning side that can get top 4, europe and latter stages of cups, however, the board state every season that the target for that season is Europe etc. The board have to shoulder a lot of blame IMO for the failed appointments which has transferred onto the pitch with bad teams and performances.

The group of fans that want board and owner changes will just continue to grow if we keep failing with managers and season performances. The group of fans that continue to back the board and owner will find it more and more difficult to point to the successes of the board and owner as the positives will soon be dwarfed by the negatives. FWIW I think they have made a good appointment in Fenlon, so this debate will probably be shelved until Fenlon gets poached and we appoint a duff manager again.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 06:43 PM
You know, if we all stopped to consider the investment thing and asked ourselves one simple question: Would you invest in Hibs or the SPL for that matter? The answer would be unanimously and overwhelmingly NO! Right now there is no investment return nor short term future in either. What we need, in my view, is players with hunger and fighting mentality! Money does not buy this and I would hate to spend money we don't have on more 'journey men'. I'm certain, PF will bring in hungry young Irish based player and other players that will bring stability and fight to the club.

We do need to be a little patient here. I have been classed as the doomer and gloomer type but ... I can see a plan here and a decent manger for the first time since JC. So lets try to stick together and own this rollercoaster!

Merry Christmas ye all!

:greengrin

ancienthibby
24-12-2011, 06:47 PM

Merry Christmas ye all!

Far too sweet (a wummin's drink therefore?) and way over-priced!!

GreenCastle
24-12-2011, 06:49 PM

Merry Christmas ye all!

I agree to the part in bold - what would you get out of Hibs or a club in the SPL?? add to that the club across the capital are for sale right now!

You could say fans do invest in Hibs - buying things at the club shop / tickets etc and this support / investing seems to be dropping - that's the alarming part as fans want to be seen supporting a half decent team.

I am not a big fan of STF but think we will be stuck with him a while longer - but we are approaching a critical time in the clubs history and form needs to improve - lets see come end of January where we are and if the board backs Fenlon.

MrSmith
24-12-2011, 06:53 PM
I agree to the part in bold - what would you get out of Hibs or a club in the SPL?? add to that the club across the capital are for sale right now!

You could say fans do invest in Hibs - buying things at the club shop / tickets etc and this support / investing seems to be dropping - that's the alarming part as fans want to be seen supporting a half decent team.

I am not a big fan of STF but think we will be stuck with him a while longer - but we are approaching a critical time in the clubs history and form needs to improve - lets see come end of January where we are and if the board backs Fenlon.

Agree and yes we are reaching a tipping point!

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Agree and yes we are reaching a tipping point!

His legacy, which already has one relegation could be completely blemished if we don't get our act together in January.

The board are ignorant and arrogant. They are about to pay the ultimate price if we don't buck up.

Elephant Stone
24-12-2011, 07:01 PM
People obsess on here about hearts and how they have every argument under the sun for Romanov, fact is we have the same on here.

Last ten years we have sold all of the family jewels and are ***** now, this is the boards fault for not only neglecting the problems on the field but also getting the wrong managers in at the wrong time.

The board hit the financial jackpot with the golden generation which had nothing to do with them and also with the appointment of TM and have been living off this every year since.

Facts are we are *****, facts are crowds are falling (don't blame the recession or all the SPL or some other pish) and fact is we could go down.

The board is to fault for relegation if it happens. They kept Coco in the job when they could have cashed in summer time. Disastrous decision with anyone with a of a clue or football brain could see.

So it's the boards fault when we've got pish players but when we've got good players it's not to their credit? Who employed the scouts/coaches who found and developed the young players and who controlled the environment they were developed in? And negotiated some pretty massive fees for their eventual sale, some of which look pretty damn good now considering how some of them have progressed.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 07:07 PM
So it's the boards fault when we've got pish players but when we've got good players it's not to their credit? Who employed the scouts/coaches who found and developed the young players and who controlled the environment they were developed in? And negotiated some pretty massive fees for their eventual sale, some of which look pretty damn good now considering how some of them have progressed.

Yep.

The players we had that made us money came through the ranks.

The ***** we have at the club were brought in by disastrous managerial appointments who couldn't create a game plan for anything.

At Professional level we are terrible. This is the boards fault.

Elephant Stone
24-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Yep.

The players we had that made us money came through the ranks.

The ***** we have at the club were brought in by disastrous managerial appointments who couldn't create a game plan for anything.

At Professional level we are terrible. This is the boards fault.

What are "the ranks"? And who put them there?

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 07:16 PM
What are "the ranks"? And who put them there?

Hibernian Youth.

A different part of the club.

If you think Petrie has anything to do with any coaches or youth scouts then you are deluded.

Petrie appoints the manager, he makes all the major decisions and on and off the park we are completely failing and it's a complete failure.

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Hibernian Youth.

A different part of the club

So he's running the club, but not all of it?

Bizarre.

Jones28
24-12-2011, 07:31 PM

So in other words you want a pressure group, something akin to that of the "Hands Off Hibs" campaign, to try and oust the owner/board? Pish :na na:

Merry Christmas but :greengrin

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 07:33 PM
I can't help but feel the OP is like the guy who farts in a lift before he gets out.

Make the post and then disappear and watch the fall out from afar.....

King Paddy
24-12-2011, 07:35 PM
So who's going to take over and plough money in then?

I've yet to see anyone come up with any alternative. And BTW, thank **** Kennedy didn't take us over because we'd be in a far, far worse place than we are now. If that's the alternative then frankly I'd rather be relegated.

Barney why is it Hearts who are around 50 million in dept seem to have 2 consortiums interested in buying out Romanov? surely their must be business people out their with financial muscle to take on a club like Hibs who have all seater stadium training complex which is the envy of most clubs. IMO the board should be doing more to generate interest in seeking fresh investment.

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Barney why is it Hearts who are around 50 million in dept seem to have 2 consortiums interested in buying out Romanov? surely their must be business people out their with financial muscle to take on a club like Hibs who have all seater stadium training complex which is the envy of most clubs. IMO the board should be doing more to generate interest in seeking fresh investment.

Why would someone invest in a loss making SPL football club?

As for Hertz, I could say I'm interested in buying them too but it's (a) not true and (b) not going to happen which I suspect is exactly what will happen to them. Is one of the two consortiums you're on about the one writing the begging letters to the Quataris?

King Paddy
24-12-2011, 07:41 PM
So in other words you want a pressure group, something akin to that of the "Hands Off Hibs" campaign, to try and oust the owner/board? Pish :na na:

Merry Christmas but :greengrin

It was Hands on Hibs actually, and yes i do feel we should be more proactive as a support. HOH
made Farmer sit up and realise we needed to invest to get out of the ist div. And are you telling me your happy with the status quo?.

King Paddy
24-12-2011, 07:53 PM
His legacy, which already has one relegation could be completely blemished if we don't get our act together in January.

The board are ignorant and arrogant. They are about to pay the ultimate price if we don't buck up.

Agree Kammy something has to give at he top or relegation will be Farmer's legacy x2.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 07:55 PM

In the un likely event we lose our next 3 games they will be forced to act they will have no choice.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 07:55 PM

Bizarre.

How is it bizarre?

Does the chairman make decisions at all levels?

No.

Petrie is failing the club and keeping Calderwood was the worst decision he could have made.

Yes or no?

Elephant Stone
24-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Hibernian Youth.

A different part of the club.
If you think Petrie has anything to do with any coaches or youth scouts then you are deluded.

Petrie appoints the manager, he makes all the major decisions and on and off the park we are completely failing and it's a complete failure.

So this "Hibernian Youth" is seperate from the club that the board run?

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Agree Kammy something has to give at he top or relegation will be Farmer's legacy x2.

In the un likely event we lose our next 3 games they will be forced to act they will have no choice.

Give it until the end of January lads. If we sit or our erse at the start of the month and desperate buy come the end of the month (as per) it's time to protest - and I'm not joking.

We have the most understanding, loyal core support in the land but it feels like we are now getting the pish ripped out us.

Said it before - we stood up and were counted. It's now time for the other way about.

judas
24-12-2011, 08:00 PM

Drivel.

I take it the +£10m reinvested into the clubs infrastructure does not really count in your eyes? Or perhaps you have just arrived in a time machine and think that Kenny Waugh is the Chairman, selling and lining his own pocket?

You are frustrated. But keep it real eh.

Oh aye - your comments about the recession are single fish too. You actually believe that fans still go in the same numbers during these times? £28 a ticket?!?! What age are you again?
If you don't think the recession has any influence on gates, then perhaps you are a intellectual

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:01 PM
So this "Hibernian Youth" is seperate from the club that the board run?

When Fletcher left he gave his signing on fee to the Hibernian development and not Hibernian football club.

So yes, they are separate I think.

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 08:02 PM
How is it bizarre?

No.

Petrie is failing the club and keeping Calderwood was the worst decision he could have made.

Yes or no?

Of course he doesn't make every single decision, but it is bizarre that people are happy enough to hit Petrie and board/hold them accountable for managers they put in place, but apparently they're not accountable for the success that comes from the youth coaches they employ.

You can't have it both ways.

Elephant Stone
24-12-2011, 08:03 PM
How is it bizarre?

No.

Yes or no?

So he doesn't make decisions close enough to what concerns youth development for him to be credited for the talented players we've brought through but he does make decisions close enough to the first team to be blamed for the first team's failings. You must know a lot about what the board do, how is their involvement in these apparently separate two parts different?

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Drivel.

I take it the +£10m reinvested into the clubs infrastructure does not really count in your eyes? Or perhaps you have just arrived in a time machine and think that Kenny Waugh is the Chairman, selling and lining his own pocket?

Oh aye - your comments about the recession are single fish too. You actually believe that fans still go in the same numbers during these times? £28 a ticket?!?! What age are you again?
If you don't think the recession has any influence on gates, then perhaps you are a intellectual

20 years ago a £10m investment was made. Since?

No they are not, fans are not going because the team is *****.

Fans have stopped because year after year we sell our best players.

£28 a reason? How come our neighbours, from the same city still have the same amount of fans? We have lost thousands through the gate in the last five years. Fingers in your ears and blame the prices or anything if you like. Guys I know have stopped because we are ***** and they have had enough of losing all our players all of the time.

I couldn't give a ***** if you're slagging me personally either. You bum Petrie and the board, fair do's.

We are going backwards and it's them to blame.

Frustrated? No, I'm one of the ones that still go but I'm GUTTED about how we are heading. It's the boards fault, nobody else's.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Of course he doesn't make every single decision, but it is bizarre that people are happy enough to hit Petrie and board/hold them accountable for managers they put in place, but apparently they're not accountable for the success that comes from the youth coaches they employ.

You can't have it both ways.

Petrie hires the manager of the club,

Petrie decides if players will be sold

Petrie decides the wage budget

Petrie wouldn't have any input on who the under 16 manager or scouts would be.

It's not bizzare, Petrie hit the jackpot with Brown, Thommo et al, everything, including all the debt before them has been disastrous yet Farmer, the saviour thinks the sun shines out his arse while we are in complete free fall.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Drivel.

The recession i agree is partly due to crowds going down but the product on the park and results are also a signifficant factor.

However if we get to a cup final this year we would sell out many times over, the fans will return if A. We start winning. B . Winning in style and flair ALA Moggas team.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:09 PM
So he doesn't make decisions close enough to what concerns youth development for him to be credited for the talented players we've brought through but he does make decisions close enough to the first team to be blamed for the first team's failings. You must know a lot about what the board do, how is their involvement in these apparently separate two parts different?

Your genuinely crediting Rod Petrie, who was chief exec of the club with running hiring the people in charge of Hibernian youth who brought through the players.

Fair do's.

Deluded though.

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 08:14 PM

So if we were to run with that as being true (which it isn't) then who does?

johnrebus
24-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Petrie hires the manager of the club,

Petrie decides if players will be sold

Petrie decides the wage budget

It's not bizzare, Petrie hit the jackpot with Brown, Thommo et al, everything, including all the debt before them has been disastrous yet Farmer, the saviour thinks the sun shines out his arse while we are in complete free fall.

Sadly, I have to agree 100%.

Ray_
24-12-2011, 08:24 PM

The point is would we have needed the cash injection if we hadn't been run as poorly as we have, hence finding ourselves in the position we are?

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:25 PM
So if we were to run with that as being true (which it isn't) then who does?

I don't work for Hibernian so I have no clue.

I would bet my bottom dollar Petrie doesn't have input in the youth team though.

What do you think Barney? Do you think Petrie appoints the scouts at under 16 level?

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Sadly, I have to agree 100%.

John, it gies me no pleasure if I'm right. I hate our situation.

People need to wake up though, the board are meant to act in the best interests of us all and are not doing so.

Elephant Stone
24-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Your genuinely crediting Rod Petrie, who was chief exec of the club with running hiring the people in charge of Hibernian youth who brought through the players.

Fair do's.

Deluded though.

The board run the club, youth development is fundamental to the club. What I'm saying is it's a bit bloody rich to have apparent experts like you saying the board should take the blame for the state of one part of the club but that another fundamental part is somehow autonomous and owes nothing to the work of the board and the state of the club as a whole.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:29 PM
The board run the club, youth development is fundamental to the club. What I'm saying is it's a bit bloody rich to have apparent experts like you saying the board should take the blame for the state of one part of the club but that another fundamental part is somehow autonomous and owes nothing to the work of the board and the state of the club as a whole.

Ok......

The board run youth development. Let's give you that.

Golden generation apart, since Petrie has become chairman the youth has dried up too.

Who was the last player to come through? Fletcher? how long ago? 7 years ago?

Sorry, but you don't even get that part any more.

I'm no expert, I'm calling as I see it.

You are the one trying to get into who runs what, trying to be an expert.

Petrie hires the managers, the manager he last had has us in this mess, the manager he could have got rid of in the summer, the manager experts on here said needed more time.

Where's Hibee Max now? I hope he's having a barry xmas.

archiebald
24-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Like it or not - its the only thing left for them to do.:agree:

Ray_
24-12-2011, 08:33 PM

Bizarre.

He was clueless enough about youth football to think the likes of the golden generation is a normal occurance & that we were going to prosper both on & off the pitch with this policy.

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 08:33 PM

I would bet my bottom dollar Petrie doesn't have input in the youth team though.

What do you think Barney? Do you think Petrie appoints the scouts at under 16 level?

:hilarious

You've no idea, but you still don't let that get in the way of having a go. He'll have as much input into the youth teams as he does with the first team - the board picks the guy who runs the teams. So if you're going to blame him for the state of the first team, then you have to give credit where it's due for the younger age groups doing well.

And anyone who thinks that Tight Rod Petrie, who counts every single penny as a prisoner wouldn't have the final say on someone the club is employing is frankly bonkers.

Who was the last player to come through? Fletcher? how long ago? 7 years ago

Hanlon and Wotherspoon both started today.

Jones28
24-12-2011, 08:35 PM
It was Hands on Hibs actually, and yes i do feel we should be more proactive as a support. HOH
made Farmer sit up and realise we needed to invest to get out of the ist div. And are you telling me your happy with the status quo?.

I don't think anyone is happy with what's going atm, but at the end of the day its the TEAM that aren't performing. It's not the board that go out and play on the pitch every week.

MrSmith
24-12-2011, 08:37 PM

You've no idea, but you still don't let that get in the way of having a go. He'll have as much input into the youth teams as he does with the first team - the board picks the guy who run the teams. So if you're going to blame him for the state of the first team, then you have to give credit where it's due for the younger age groups doing well.

And anyone who thinks that Tight Rod Petrie, who counts every single penny as a prisoner wouldn't have the final say on someone the club is employing is frankly bonkers.

I think that is the point being made!

It is very hard being a Hibee at the moment but turning on each other is not the way to go! The board will have to answer for their sins at some point but right now it is more important to be united as a fan base.

SquashedFrogg
24-12-2011, 08:51 PM

I don't work for Hibs but I am involved in youth football in West Lothian.

What I do know is that scouting at my age group is shocking.

We have scouts from all over watching us and it saddens me to say we are probably one of the worst.

We currently have/or have had boys at east mains and the feedback I get from parents of our boys is frightening.

Our club is well established and have a procedure in place whereby any pro club interested in our boys at any level have to answer a simple questionnaire which asks questions such as:

training nights
aims for the boy
length of trial
names and contact details
etc

basic info which allows the parents and club to know what's happening and to avoid any confusion or disapointment for the boys.

Hearts, Falkirk, Celtic, Dundee Utd all adhere to this and are up front. Which allows a clear and amicable line of cooperation.

The Hibs scout who attends is as dodgy as they come and avoids answering any questions.

When our boys arrive at Hibs, the coaches do not communicate well with parents. We have boys at Hibs who don't even know if they've to come back the next week. Feedback also suggests that coaching isn't any better than what we coach our own boys.

When I speak to parents I always sell Hibs as a great club for looking after young players (for selfish reasons obviously) but the sad reality is that Hearts and particularly Falkirk, are doing a far better job than we are.

cad
24-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Petrie needs to invest some money into the squad in January or he can **** off!!!

How do we invest what we aint got , WE HAVE NO MONEY ,what makes people think we have FFS .

If we spend anything in Jan it will be the players leavings wages .

New players possibly of the same standard will come in maybe guys from Ireland trying to prove they can do the job ,it may get us better value thats yet to be seen of course Pats knowledge of the bargains there are crucial , as for the cash we pay it doesnt get you much ,look at Tannadice today .

Apart from 2 or 3 who tried the rest are not good enough no matter how long you hold there hand and tell them not to listen to the bad fans booing them ,instead of giving them confidence they seek and a shoulder to cry on , a swift kick in the nuts would go a long way to waking a few of these ***** up , how many footballers are on the dole at this moment in time ,if they cant do it fare enough the dole beckons but there is at least 7 out there that can so its about time they the stepped up to the mark ,booing will be the least of there problems silence will be worse no ****er will be there to watch .

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:56 PM

You've no idea, but you still don't let that get in the way of having a go. He'll have as much input into the youth teams as he does with the first team - the board picks the guy who runs the teams. So if you're going to blame him for the state of the first team, then you have to give credit where it's due for the younger age groups doing well.

Hanlon and Wotherspoon both started today.

Laugh all you want, we are joint bottom of the league. Petrie is to blame.

I see you didn't answer my question. Thought so.

Hanlon or Dee would are never going to get anywhere near the level that Fletcher, Brown, Thomson, Whittiker have. Sorry

SloopJB
24-12-2011, 08:56 PM

We have scouts from all over watching us and it saddens me to say we are probably one of the worst.

We currently have/or have had boys at east mains and the feedback I get from parents of our boys is frightening.

Our club is well established and have a procedure in place whereby any pro club interested in our boys at any level have to answer a simple questionnaire which asks questions such as:

training nights
aims for the boy
length of trial
etc

basic info which allows the parents and club to know what's happening and to avoid any confusion or disapointment for the boys.

Hearts, Falkirk, Celtic, Dundee Utd all adhere to this and are up front. Which allows a clear and amicable line of cooperation.

The Hibs scout who attends is as dodgy as they come and avoids answering any questions.

When our boys arrive at Hibs, the coaches do not communicate well with parents. We have boys at Hibs who don't even know if they've to come back the next week. Feedback also suggests that coaching isn't any better than what we coach our own boys.

When I speak to parents I always sell Hibs as a great club for looking after young players (for selfish reasons obviously) but the sad reality is that Hearts and particularly Falkirk, are doing a far better job than we are.

If this wouldn't get you into bother it should be sent to the board at Hibernian FC in the hope that the things that are wrong can be righted.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 08:59 PM
I think that is the point being made!

It is very hard being a Hibee at the moment but turning on each other is not the way to go! The board will have to answer for their sins at some point but right now it is more important to be united as a fan base.

It's hard to when some clowns still think Petrie and the board are blameless.

They have EVERYTHING to do with where we are now, from support to joint bottom.

Yet he is still rimmed on here and when he's not the same people laugh at Hearts.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 09:00 PM

training nights
aims for the boy
length of trial
etc

You just made me a little more gutted than I was before.

Cheers. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not your fault though mate :aok:

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Laugh all you want, we are joint bottom of the league. Petrie is to blame.

I see you didn't answer my question. Thought so.

I did answer it, you're just not choosing to see that. Petrie likely didn't pick the under 16 coaches, but he/the board appointed the person who did. He would have no doubt OK'd them coming onto the payroll.

Exactly the same as him not appointing first team coaches, but appointing the person who did

or Dee would are never going to get anywhere near the level that Fletcher, Brown, Thomson, Whittiker have. Sorry

I never said they will. You asked who were the last players to come through from the youth levels.

Elephant Stone
24-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Ok......

The board run youth development. Let's give you that.

Golden generation apart, since Petrie has become chairman the youth has dried up too.

Who was the last player to come through? Fletcher? how long ago? 7 years ago?

Sorry, but you don't even get that part any more.

I'm no expert, I'm calling as I see it.

You are the one trying to get into who runs what, trying to be an expert.

Petrie hires the managers, the manager he last had has us in this mess, the manager he could have got rid of in the summer, the manager experts on here said needed more time.

Where's Hibee Max now? I hope he's having a barry xmas.

If by come through you mean be sold then, yes, Fletcher. Hanlon and Wotherspoon, while not as good as those in the previous bunch, have made it to the first team and may yet improve. I'll be surprised if Booth doesn't become a star and there are others emerging at the moment as well. I'm not even saying our youth setup is amazing, I'm saying that you're denying the board can take credit from the youth setup to suit your argument and not because it's true or fair.

SquashedFrogg
24-12-2011, 09:09 PM
If this wouldn't get you into bother it should be sent to the board at Hibernian FC in the hope that the things that are wrong can be righted.

Funnily enough as I was typing it that thought crossed my mind.

My post was typed up fairly quickly so I've missed out quite a few things and maybe wasn't as articulate as I could've been.

I will send an email to Hibernian FC about my experiences. It obviously won't fix our immediate first team problems but I've grown up with the understanding that we had one of the best, if not THE best, youth policies. What I have found is that we don't and that we are missing out.

For example we had an exceptional young lad who has just signed a 2 year commitment for Falkirk. This boy has unbelievable potential. The best I have seen at this age group. The old firm were bending over backwards for this boy and still pester the parents. Aberdeen had him but lost out. The Hibs scout literally had first shout on him (due to a bit of my influence) but lack of a personal approach and information to the parents blew that.

SquashedFrogg
24-12-2011, 09:12 PM
You just made me a little more gutted than I was before.

Cheers. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not your fault though mate :aok:

If it's any consolation it pains me to watch talented youngsters avoid going to east mains and head elsewhere.

I tell every parent that we (Hibs) have an excellent record of giving young players a chance but sadly Hibs do not back me up when it comes to the crunch :rolleyes:

The Falcon
24-12-2011, 09:21 PM

Are you serious?

The Falcon
24-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Can you answer the question or not? If you can't no problem, I was just interested in the context it was delivered

It was said at the AGM and has been said many times before.

Are you going to buy the club?

Kaiser1962
24-12-2011, 09:30 PM

It was but I would point out that the parent company does not trade other than with the football club.

Unlike Vlad's spending at Hearts which is somebody else's money, the £m is Farmer's.

NAE NOOKIE
24-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Monaco have just found a Billionaire to fund them. Yes that hotbed of football fervour Monaco has managed to attract huge investment while firmly rooted in the French 2nd division. Just shows that if you have the right location you can attact an investor, no matter how rubbish your fan base is. Even at their best Monaco couldnt match Hibs for attendance. So dont tell me that rich folk wanting to invest in football cant be found. If you sell yourself in the right way they can.

From what I saw today we need to get in some players fast and a lot better than the ones we have, hell Dundee Utd were missing about 4 first team regulars today, but at half time I would happily have put money on them because I just knew Hibs would fold after the break.

We are joint bottom of the SPL and we are there because we have at least half a team who are not good enough to survive in this league. Relegation will have nothing to do with Pat Fenlon, it is clear now that no matter how much effort this lot put in, or what tactics the manager uses, they are just not as good at football as the teams they are playing against.

It is as clear as day that we need major investment on the pitch urgently. If the people who own and run HFC are incapable of finding some real investment then never mind who is to blame, we are doomed, end of story.

Oh and by they way ..... We all know what the Yams did today, so I for one am beside myself that even given the bloody meltdown happening along Gorgie way these days, it still looks like we are in for our usual derby day disappointment. :fuming:

Merry Christmas !!!

The Falcon
24-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Monaco have just found a Billionaire to fund them. Yes that hotbed of football fervour Monaco has managed to attract huge investment while firmly rooted in the French 2nd division. Just shows that if you have the right location you can attact an investor, no matter how rubbish your fan base is. Even at their best Monaco couldnt match Hibs for attendance. So dont tell me that rich folk wanting to invest in football cant be found. If you sell yourself in the right way they can.

Bizarre :confused:

judas
24-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Fair do's.

Deluded though.

So, when something good happens and Petrie is in charge of the club at the time, it has nothing to do with him.

But when the club is under performing in some way, it is Petries fault.

Sort your mind oot pal. Your selective adoption of the facts is ridiculous.

NAE NOOKIE
24-12-2011, 10:04 PM

What .... The fact that Monaco have found an investor, or the fact that I think its significant ?

Captain Trips
24-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Petrie has had plenty of credit at the time when it was warranted that however was a while ago, the last 2/3 years have been a disgrace, IMO the job he is now doing is sackable, he cannot live off past glories.

10th last term and again another struggle sorry but unacceptable.

down the slope
24-12-2011, 10:10 PM
The position we are in regardless of whether we escape relegation or not shows the level of competence we have at board level, it is an utter disgrace that Hibernian football club finds itself in . The custodians of our club have failed big time and it is time for them to leave, remember they all have huge salaries compared to the average Joe and not content with mediocrity they have managed to make that sound good !. The accountants and lawyers and tyre fitters show they know the square root of f... all about football , they might be good at selling players and telling managers which players are in his budget zone[ how does an accountant know a good player ?] but they have hamstrung our team far to long. I think we have a good young manager who with the right backing will do well for us but until we get rid of the imposters masquerading as directors i really fear for the future of our club.

Hibercelona
24-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Petrie has had plenty of credit at the time when it was warranted that however was a while ago, the last 2/3 years have been a disgrace, IMO the job he is now doing is sackable, he cannot live off past glories.

:agree:

Plenty of credit in his bank account anyway. He still gets credited, even when the club is debited. :wink:

greenlex
24-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Every board appointment looks decent enough on paper and they back them as best as we can afford.
they got it right/ lucky with Mowbray and we await the next right/lucky appointment.
its nothing to do with the board and everything to do with us getting it right by being lucky.
changing the board will change nothing on that front. A board change will not magically change our luck or magically give us a bigger budget to back whoever is the manager at any given time.
We just need to wait to get it right/lucky next time.

BEEJ
24-12-2011, 10:38 PM

My post was typed up fairly quickly so I've missed out quite a few things and maybe wasn't as articulate as I could've been.

I will send an email to Hibernian FC about my experiences. It obviously won't fix our immediate first team problems but I've grown up with the understanding that we had one of the best, if not THE best, youth policies. What I have found is that we don't and that we are missing out.

For example we had an exceptional young lad who has just signed a 2 year commitment for Falkirk. This boy has unbelievable potential. The best I have seen at this age group. The old firm were bending over backwards for this boy and still pester the parents. Aberdeen had him but lost out. The Hibs scout literally had first shout on him (due to a bit of my influence) but lack of a personal approach and information to the parents blew that.
I would echo the comments from H18SVG.

The Board need to hear about this first hand. It is of great concern that the future lifeblood of the club is in the hands of folks who don't seem capable of doing their job properly in what is a very competitive environment. Disturbing, to say the least.

The best thing you can do for the club you support is to alert the senior management to these failings as soon as possible. :aok:

IWasThere2016
24-12-2011, 10:44 PM

Yup - biggest wage thiefs of the lot!

Was it no 100? Ludicrous statement regardless! :faf:

£1m .. we'll need twice that this season!

The point is would we have needed the cash injection if we hadn't been run as poorly as we have, hence finding ourselves in the position we are?

:top marks Run by amateurs!

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 10:51 PM

You sound like a Romanov apologist dude.

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 10:53 PM
So, when something good happens and Petrie is in charge of the club at the time, it has nothing to do with him.

But when the club is under performing in some way, it is Petries fault.

Sort your mind oot pal. Your selective adoption of the facts is ridiculous.

Something good happened in 2007.

This is nearly 2012.

Fact is since then it's free fall.

Agree Judas?

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 10:55 PM

I can probably answer that for Moray, it would have to be a no i'm afraid. He'd be a bad influence, you would find him up George street more than the players. :wink:

Kammy1875
24-12-2011, 11:06 PM
For the attention of the board of our club

You asked us to stand up and be counted - we did

We understood when you sold off player after player after player....we built the training ground and completed the stadium, amazing the legacy is there and we understood.

NOW WE NEED YOU! WE NEED YOU ROD, WE NEED YOU TO SPEND MORE, AND SAVE US.

We forgive the mistake you STUBBORNLY made in the summer because you appointed Pat, the man who will make it work! Give him the tools he needs.

Please.

Get the crowd back on side! We have always been here, some more than others.

It's all, ALL I want for Christmas.

Glory Glory

Hibbyradge
24-12-2011, 11:16 PM
But we also want you to spend more money creating a standing area for a handful of fans. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2011, 11:17 PM

Spot on...........

The Board say they have ambitions to be a top six club, possibility of European football, and good cup runs.....At the moment we are failing badly, the Board are not faultless in the current predicament we find ourselves in..........

Captain Trips
24-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Spot on...........

The Board say they have ambitions to be a top six club, possibility of European football, and good cup runs.....At the moment we are failing badly, the Board are not faultless in the current predicament we find ourselves in..........

They should go for that alone, spending millions at east mains and having a quality stadium top 4 IMO, 5/6th is failure.

Baldy Foghorn
24-12-2011, 11:28 PM
They should go for that alone, spending millions at east mains and having a quality stadium top 4 IMO, 5/6th is failure.

I dont trust our current Board to get things right, said at AGM I had no confidence in them and I stick by that statement tonight....

The CC episode was a disaster, there is something fundementally wrong within the club, from top to bottom....

joebakerforever
24-12-2011, 11:46 PM

This highlights that Petrie & Co's obsession with bricks & mortar, has resulted in the neglect of the manpower issues involved in running a successful football club.

An analogy would be building the best store in town, then stocking it with inferior goods, and wondering why customer numbers and sales are dwindling.

Interesting that Board sycophants on this Forum are unusually reticent on your experiences re the Club Scouts and how youngsters are being treated at East Mains :rolleyes:

The Falcon
25-12-2011, 12:11 AM
You sound like a Romanov apologist dude.

You will know more about him than me :wink:

The Falcon
25-12-2011, 12:14 AM
I can probably answer that for Moray, it would have to be a no i'm afraid. He'd be a bad influence, you would find him up George street more than the players. :wink:

That clears that up.

Jones28
25-12-2011, 12:49 AM

:agree:

The Riveira or the Water of Leith? Hmmm:confused:

Jim44
25-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Fur coat and nae knickers............... The saying was made for us.

c31
25-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Fife, Rod your times up
Time to go, thanks for the memories but we really need a football team to watch -you have tried but unfortunately it didn't work out please pass over to some else to try any and get us a team to be proud of.

BoltonHibee
25-12-2011, 02:07 AM
That clears that up.

Unlike the question posed to you, gob *****

Jim44
25-12-2011, 03:51 AM
....... should hold their hands up and admit that as custodians of our club, they have been hopeless for years and ultimately they must be hel
d resonsible for the imminent death of the club. If they had any notion of how a football club should be run they would walk tomorrow. I'm sick to the teeth of being told how brilliantly they conduct the business of the club but we have become a football club with no heart and no future. The idiots on the other side of the city are getting far more satisfaction as football supportsrs than we are and we are a bigger laughing stock than them.

Iain G
25-12-2011, 04:16 AM
....... should hold their hands up and admit that as custodians of our club, they have been hopeless for years and ultimately they must be hel
d resonsible for the imminent death of the club. If they had any notion of how a football club should be run they would walk tomorrow. I'm sick to the teeth of being told how brilliantly they conduct the business of the club but we have become a football club with no heart and no future. The idiots on the other side of the city are getting far more satisfaction as football supportsrs than we are and we are a bigger laughing stock than them.

Cheers up ye miserable sod and have a merry ol Christmas :greengrin

Niffy
25-12-2011, 06:08 AM
**** sake another one.

Let's give Pat at least 3 weeks to fix up some players hopefully.
Maybe Rod has really got it right this time...

January is a hard time to fix up good players without large transfer fees which we can't do, but maybe 3 or 4 good additions will change our season.

The Falcon
25-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Unlike the question posed to you, gob *****

Lighten up FFS

:na na:

Captain Trips
25-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Here is hoping Petrie has been visited by the 3 ghosts overnight:aok:

MrSmith
25-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Here is hoping Petrie has been visited by the 3 ghosts overnight:aok:

Aye! David Murphy, Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson ...

DarlingtonHibee
25-12-2011, 11:03 AM

So Jim - STF walks away tomorrow (as your suggestion) - what is plan B ?

marinello59
25-12-2011, 11:13 AM
So Jim - STF walks away tomorrow (as your suggestion) - what is plan B ?

A large British rapper with a suprisingly feminine singing voice.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 11:19 AM

:faf:

Saorsa
25-12-2011, 11:24 AM
A large British rapper with a suprisingly feminine singing voice.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 11:26 AM

You been opening the xmas crackers early? :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
25-12-2011, 11:37 AM

Should have asked the kids :greengrin

Question still stands - if STF walked tomorrow, how would we keep the bank happy, bearing in mind we owe (approx) £6m on the two stands, and are currently losing money week on week ?

STF has been our asset with the bank since HOH, without him things would have been a lot tougher /impossible.

The grass always seem's greener, personally I hope we have STF for long, long time.....

If my numbers are wrong - apologies !!

Anyway, Merry Christmas to one and all :thumbsup:

marinello59
25-12-2011, 11:53 AM
You been opening the xmas crackers early? :greengrin

:greengrin

CentreLine
25-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Should have asked the kids :greengrin

Question still stands - if STF walked tomorrow, how would we keep the bank happy, bearing in mind we owe (approx) £6m on the two stands, and are currently losing money week on week ?

STF has been our asset with the bank since HOH, without him things would have been a lot tougher /impossible.

The grass always seem's greener, personally I hope we have STF for long, long time.....

If my numbers are wrong - apologies !!

Anyway, Merry Christmas to one and all :thumbsup:

STF forever please :agree:

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 12:05 PM
STF forever please :agree:

Well STF wants another 100 Rod Petries, is that what you want too?

BoltonHibee
25-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Lighten up FFS

:na na:

OK, Happy Christmas :)

DarlingtonHibee
25-12-2011, 12:32 PM

BP, merry christmas - can you give us alternatives ?:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 12:37 PM
BP, merry christmas - can you give us alternatives ?:thumbsup:

Nope, only one man can. STF did save us, and has put his hands into his pockets to help us. Yet the man he appointed to run the ship keeps losing money, and sacking managers he appoints. When is it his turn, when will STF see his manager is costing him money?

DarlingtonHibee
25-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Nope, only one man can. STF did save us, and has put his hands into his pockets to help us. Yet the man he appointed to run the ship keeps losing money, and sacking managers he appoints. When is it his turn, when will STF see his manager is costing him money?

Nope

Eyrie
25-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Depends what position they play.

I have no beef with Farmer. He's done what he said he would, taking a back seat and still put money into the club.

However Petrie concerns me. He's been at Hibs and the SFA for long enough to understand how football works, so the beancounter jibes are off the mark. He and his board have overseen several poor managerial appointments, although they have been willing to back each with funds.

So I fail to see how Farmer can consider that Petrie has been doing a good job for the last few years. He's letting a personal friendship overrule a professional failing.

As a result of Petrie's poor appointments we have a weak squad, declining attendances and a pressing need for Farmer to inject more cash to save us from the footballing and financial disaster of relegation.

Captain Trips
25-12-2011, 12:41 PM

Indeed, you or I may not know the name of somebody to come in for RP that doesnt mean that he is doing job well. RP is failing regardless if anyone knows an alternative person.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 12:42 PM

I have no beef with Farmer. He's done what he said he would, taking a back seat and still put money into the club.

However Petrie concerns me. He's been at Hibs and the SFA for long enough to understand how football works, so the beancounter jibes are off the mark. He and his board have overseen several poor managerial appointments, although they have been willing to back each with funds.

So I fail to see how Farmer can consider that Petrie has been doing a good job for the last few years. He's letting a personal friendship overrule a professional failing.

As a result of Petrie's poor appointments we have a weak squad, declining attendances and a pressing need for Farmer to inject more cash to save us from the footballing and financial disaster of relegation.

I think you are 100% right, unless he can actually play right back? :wink: :agree:

DarlingtonHibee
25-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Indeed, you or I may not know the name of somebody to come in for RP that doesnt mean that he is doing job well. RP is failing regardless if anyone knows an alternative person.

STF has faith in Rod - as I do as it happens, yes it is boring at times, but it is consistent.

We need to have long term security - look across the road, or the blue half of Glasgow.

There is NO one better to take Hibs forward than STF, and he trust's RP as chairman - end off.

Unless other posters have another name as owner, or chairman - happy to listen to suggestion's:thumbsup:

But not Mr Kennedy (please)

BoltonHibee
25-12-2011, 08:07 PM
STF has faith in Rod - as I do as it happens, yes it is boring at times, but it is consistent.

We need to have long term security - look across the road, or the blue half of Glasgow.

There is NO one better to take Hibs forward than STF, and he trust's RP as chairman - end off.

Unless other posters have another name as owner, or chairman - happy to listen to suggestion's:thumbsup:

But not Mr Kennedy (please)

Your one warped guy. Rod Petrie? Follow the rest of the sheep.

Baa Baa

IWasThere2016
25-12-2011, 08:21 PM

Spot on! RP is a liability as he's repeatedly appointed such in and out of the Boardroom.

We'll be heading for a loss which will be an eye-watering % of (falling) turnover.

As with 10/11, HFC will need further cash injections from the Holding Co in 11/12 .. And if there are more to follow beyond this it will be interesting to see if STF's flawed assessment of Petrie's worth becomes any nearer the mark.

Kaiser1962
25-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Your one warped guy. Rod Petrie? Follow the rest of the sheep.

Baa Baa

So whats wrong with the mans argument?

Farmer supports RP, he made that perfectly clear at the AGM. Neither Farmer nor RP take a salary out of the club and, in Farmers case, he seems to put a lot of money into it.

The title of the thread is "invest or go" but when anybody asks what happens if they do go, or where this investment is coming from, they just get some sort of lippy comment.

Kaiser1962
25-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Spot on! RP is a liability as he's repeatedly appointed such in and out of the Boardroom.

We'll be heading for a loss which will be an eye-watering % of (falling) turnover.

As with 10/11, HFC will need further cash injections from the Holding Co in 11/12 .. And if there are more to follow beyond this it will be interesting to see if STF's flawed assessment of Petrie's worth becomes any nearer the mark.

I suspect that as RP is no longer taking a salary he is in some sort of half way house as far as Hibs are concerned and, had he stepped down at the recent AGM, I would not have been surprised. As already said Farmer wants him there, that much is crystal clear, although I am unconvinced that RP still wants to be there and suspect he is only there at the express request of Farmer himself.

A football club that lives within it's means is a very rare beast indeed and the only saving grace, if there is one, is that the is cash from the holding co. (Farmer) and we are not at the whim of a bank.

nortonhibby
25-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Don Feflon has the eye of the tigers support.

whiskyhibby
25-12-2011, 09:17 PM

Absolute :lurksub:BS....................

whiskyhibby
25-12-2011, 09:19 PM

:xlol
:xlol:xlol:xlol:xlol:xlol:xlol

whiskyhibby
25-12-2011, 09:35 PM
A similar thread on keekback at the moment which suggests the OP is Yammish and on the wind up

:kbacker::kbacker::kbacker::kbacker::kbacker::kbac ker:

IWasThere2016
25-12-2011, 09:45 PM
I suspect that as RP is no longer taking a salary he is in some sort of half way house as far as Hibs are concerned and, had he stepped down at the recent AGM, I would not have been surprised. As already said Farmer wants him there, that much is crystal clear, although I am unconvinced that RP still wants to be there and suspect he is only there at the express request of Farmer himself.

A football club that lives within it's means is a very rare beast indeed and the only saving grace, if there is one, is that the is cash from the holding co. (Farmer) and we are not at the whim of a bank.

I reckon RP's taken/cost £500k since 2007 - when we have been in freefall.. And aren't/haven't we been repeatedly been told we're financially secure/don't have to sell etc - that seems at odds with cash from Holding Co (and many more many hundreds of thousands/millions to come)

marinello59
25-12-2011, 09:47 PM
I reckon RP's taken/cost £500k since 2007 - when we have been in freefall.. And aren't/haven't we been repeatedly been told we're financially secure/don't have to sell etc - that seems at odds with cash from Holding Co (and many more many hundreds of thousands/millions to come)

Merry Christmas TQM. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
25-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Merry Christmas TQM. :greengrin

You too #59 :greengrin

I'm still hurting fae Tannadump - and its Cowdengelly next for me .. I'm dreading it mate! How effing ridiculous is that?!?!

marinello59
25-12-2011, 10:00 PM
You too #59 :greengrin

I'm still hurting fae Tannadump - and its Cowdengelly next for me .. I'm dreading it mate! How effing ridiculous is that?!?!

There is no logic. I'll be there too............pies are on you. :thumbsup:

Kaiser1962
25-12-2011, 10:05 PM

We're not very good TQM, no argument there.

But we are financially secure because all the loans/mortgages are guaranteed by Farmer (in the form of the holding co.) therefore there is no one knocking at our door.

Generally clubs in the SPL make a loss and we are no different in that respect, which would again beg the question of the OP what happens after his ultimatum is unfulfilled? Why would anybody want to put good money into the financial toilet that is a football club?

I take it you got your card from Rod as usual :greengrin

Kaiser1962
25-12-2011, 10:09 PM

If you start trying to apply logic then we are all ****ed! :greengrin

IWasThere2016
25-12-2011, 10:19 PM
We're not very good TQM, no argument there.

But we are financially secure because all the loans/mortgages are guaranteed by Farmer (in the form of the holding co.) therefore there is no one knocking at our door.

Generally clubs in the SPL make a loss and we are no different in that respect, which would again beg the question of the OP what happens after his ultimatum is unfulfilled? Why would anybody want to put good money into the financial toilet that is a football club?

I take it you got your card from Rod as usual :greengrin

Usual card - with the usual absence of a stamp! He's a tight git! :wink:

IWasThere2016
25-12-2011, 10:23 PM

We better win! I work wi Arabs and the family are fae CowdenLumphiGelly .. There's bragging rights at the golf too with a few Jambos! Could be a real sare time of it to be had!!! :grr: I wouldnae back us in a wan ticket raffle at the moment!

SkintHibby
26-12-2011, 05:07 AM
No ifs, buts or maybes. Rod Petrie MUST be removed from his position if Hibs are relegated.

His gross mismanagement of our club has been nothing short of disgraceful.:fuming:

Iain G
26-12-2011, 06:16 AM
No ifs, buts or maybes. Rod Petrie MUST be removed from his position if Hibs are relegated.

His gross mismanagement of our club has been nothing short of disgraceful.:fuming:

Which Grinch number are you today? I'm losing count of the number of bores on here today starting these kind of angsty threads...go and try and enjoy the holidays and be happy!! :agree:

ALF TUPPER
26-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Dont agree. I think Rod has done a good job : stadium, training ground , club infrastructure etc/.... Everything is in place.
Once the economy picks up we will be in there investing in playing staff coz everything else is in place.

I'm happy to have Rod at the helm. Other clubs would have him in a heartbeat.

Last wee point .... Perhaps others havent done their jobs or werent able or capable IMO. ( Coaches and players.)

Anyhoo, try and chill and be positive. Merry Christmas :)

Steve20
26-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Yeah, Rod had done a good job in everything except towards the actual team.

Forza Fred
26-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Whether he goes or stays will be up to him.

HOwever, there is no doubt that the man at the helm, is responsible for setting the standards ..'"the tome at the top" so to speak, and I think there has been a dearth of leadership at Easter Road in recent times.

Just as whomever was our chairman if we won the cup and was praised, not obviously, for scoring the winning goal, but for putting in place a winning culture, so whomever is our chairman if we get relegated has to accept a large degree of accountability.

All of which is academic at the moment, and in the spirit of Christmas, i'll leave for anohter day before cutting my wrists with rusty razorblades.

Kammy1875
26-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Which Grinch number are you today? I'm losing count of the number of bores on here today starting these kind of angsty threads...go and try and enjoy the holidays and be happy!! :agree:

You wanted to keep coco and whoever didn't got boring for you, your opinion means jack. Merry Xmas

jonny
26-12-2011, 08:44 AM

In what way?
By securing our future for the next 20 years?
For ensuring we have fantastic training facilities?
For building us the best stadium in Scotland outside Glasgow?

He is not the manager, he is the chairman. He runs the business and from what I have seen he is about the most capable businessman in the SPL. The people you should be ranting at in my opinion are the players for persistently under performing. Our much loved GOC is the best example we have in recent times of a player completely and utterly under performing.

OK, Rod put the managers in place that signed these players - but how many of the last 8 managers were not the majority of fans 1st choice - not many is the answer to that.

Another question... who is going to "remove" him? He owns a 10% share in the club - there is not a person in the world can take that off him. If Rod goes then it will be on his terms, however I feel safe with Rod at the helm and whatever happens on the park is not down to him - it's down to the manager of the football team and the players.

No point in going on about needing to invest more because outside the ugly sisters from the weedge and our bin raking neighbours from across the city we have spent more than anyone else on wages for the past 2 years.

Aside from all this, I am still confident that we will turn it round this season and get ourselves out of the relegation battle that we are presently in.

Glory Glory

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2011, 10:33 AM
IF we get relegated, given the status and the size of our club, I don't think that RP and STF will need any advice on their future involvement with the club. While we are in the SPL and awful lot is down to opinion but, trying to justify a situation with Hibs out of the top league would not be credible.

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 10:48 AM
IF we get relegated, given the status and the size of our club, I don't think that RP and STF will need any advice on their future involvement with the club. While we are in the SPL and awful lot is down to opinion but, trying to justify a situation with Hibs out of the top league would not be credible.

What do you honestly think they are going to do?

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2011, 11:01 AM
What do you honestly think they are going to do?

First and foremost RP is a savvy businessman. At the level we are at just now, their is evidence to suggest that the bigger picture is still okay, albeit that as paying fans, we focus almost completely on the starting 11. If we go down, the shades of grey are replaced by black and white. That would draw its' own conclusion and even STF would have to say time's up.

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 11:03 AM
First and foremost RP is a savvy businessman. At the level we are at just now, their is evidence to suggest that the bigger picture is still okay, albeit that as paying fans, we focus almost completely on the starting 11. If we go down, the shades of grey are replaced by black and white. That would draw its' own conclusion and even STF would have to say time's up.

Then what?

Jones28
26-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Get rid of Petrie and Farmer. Blah blah blah

Who's going to replace them? Another russian billiinaire? A sheikh with more money than sense? A local businessman?

Does noone realise that Petrie and Farmer cannot be blamed solely for our demise over the last 3-4 seasons. Its the players and various management teams!

Collins left when hibs were still in half decent shape, a good squad and a recent cup win.

Mixu came in and we got worse, but i dont think he can be blamed for that, as collins made a lot of poor signings. Mixu re-signed murray and riordan, which he wouldn't have been able to do without a half decent wage budget, ie he was given money to spend.

He went, hughes came in and signed the likes of miller, cregg, mcbride and galbraith. We were brilliant for half the season, with stokes and zouma playing brilliantly throughout. We were lucky on occasion but still finished fourth thanks to the run we went on. Afrer christmas things went to **** for some reason. How and why is anyones guess. But he went and calderwood came in.

Same story, resigned a couple of big money players in the summer. Sodje, Agogo and thornhill too. So he had money to bring players in.

Poor choices, maybe. But they were given the funds to allow them to do so.

PaulSmith
26-12-2011, 11:35 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/12/26/super-yacht-257ft-long-and-worth-100m-docks-at-leith-86908-23660020/

Our hopes have been answered. Billionaire American with sporting ties moors his yacht in Leith to have talks with STF :flag:

staunchhibby
26-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Why blame RP and SirTF/They have put in place the basics.Surely management and players must shoulder the blame.It is management who go to the board looking for funds to buy the players and put them supposedly to good use.

Saorsa
26-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Why blame RP and SirTF/They have put in place the basics.Surely management and players must shoulder the blame.It is management who go to the board looking for funds to buy the players and put them supposedly to good use.Who's responsible for the choice of managers, the last 3 were garbage, particularly the last one. He looked awful last season, we could have got rid of in the summer but Petrie done is utmost tae hang on tae the clown insisting he was the man for the job. Seemed tae me he wisnae in a hurry tae admit yet another failed appointment. If he'd got rid when he should have and got the new man in earlier (with his choice of players) we might not be where we are now. Tell me when in your opinion do those running the club actually become responsible for the poor position the club finds itself in on the park (we've been on the slide for ages now) and for the falling crowds? Are they only responsible for the good stuff that happens off the parK? IMO if they're happy tae take the plaudits for what happens off the park, then IMO they can and are ultimately responsible for the crap on it.

MrSmith
26-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Who's responsible for the choice of managers, the last 3 were garbage, particularly the last one. He looked awful last season, we could have got rid of in the summer but Petrie done is utmost tae hang on tae the clown insisting he was the man for the job. Seemed tae he wisnae in a hurry tae admit yet another failed appointment. If he'd got rid when he should have and got the new man in earlier (with his choice of players) we might not be where we are now. Tell me when in your opinion when do those running the club actually become responsible for the poor position the club finds itself in on the park (we've been on the slide for ages now) and for the falling crowds? Are they only responsible for the good stuff that happens off the parK? IMO if they're happy tae take the plaudits for what happens off the park, then IMO they can and are ultimately responsible for the crap on it.

Don't know if that is entirely true!? Mixu did all right, of course that is entirely down to the individuals analysis if his tenure, but ... I think he did alright and at least had the team stable, boring but stable and attempted to instill an attitude of sorts: winning/fighting/passion. No matter what we think out of the last three I believe Mixu knew what it meant to play for Hibs.

Captain Trips
26-12-2011, 12:04 PM
His job is to oversee the whole club surely? not just the areas of business on the results side as a whole Hibs have been failing, no matter how good a job he is not doing the whole job good enough.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Who's responsible for the choice of managers, the last 3 were garbage, particularly the last one. He looked awful last season, we could have got rid of in the summer but Petrie done is utmost tae hang on tae the clown insisting he was the man for the job. Seemed tae me he wisnae in a hurry tae admit yet another failed appointment. If he'd got rid when he should have and got the new man in earlier (with his choice of players) we might not be where we are now. Tell me when in your opinion do those running the club actually become responsible for the poor position the club finds itself in on the park (we've been on the slide for ages now) and for the falling crowds? Are they only responsible for the good stuff that happens off the parK? IMO if they're happy tae take the plaudits for what happens off the park, then IMO they can and are ultimately responsible for the crap on it.

Well said J.

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 12:14 PM
The Farmer/Petrie era will be over at some point, probably sooner rather than later.

See what happens then.

HNA5
26-12-2011, 12:16 PM
your opinion means jack

No, I think you'll find his opinion is just as valid as yours or anyone else's on here.

H18sry
26-12-2011, 12:19 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/12/26/super-yacht-257ft-long-and-worth-100m-docks-at-leith-86908-23660020/

Our hopes have been answered. Billionaire American with sporting ties moors his yacht in Leith to have talks with STF :flag:

Aye we wish :wink:

Malthibby
26-12-2011, 01:13 PM
I would dread the day Petrie/Farmer announced they were looking to get out. It's been said ad nauseum; who would replace them?
Answer that & threads like this won't seem like endless Mr. Bating.
GG

SkintHibby
26-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Sorry but with that money I'm sure I could have organised a new training centre and a new stand. Why is Petrie getting plaudits for doing the easy stuff?

Where he has failed abysmally is on the playing side of things. He has made mistake after mistake and for these things he MUST be removed from his position.

He is getting off scott free just now for the dire position we find ourself in! Is nobody bloody accountable at our club? It's a frickin disgrace!:fuming:

We are sleepwalking our way to oblivion and nobody seems to give a toss!!!

jdships
26-12-2011, 02:35 PM
You wanted to keep coco and whoever didn't got boring for you, your opinion means jack. Merry Xmas

Oh dear !.
Another " my opinion's more relevant than yours" - saddo

:rolleyes::wink:

greenlex
26-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Sorry but with that money I'm sure I could have organised a new training centre and a new stand. Why is Petrie getting plaudits for doing the easy stuff?

Where he has failed abysmally is on the playing side of things. He has made mistake after mistake and for these things he MUST be removed from his position.

He is getting off scott free just now for the dire position we find ourself in! Is nobody bloody accountable at our club? It's a frickin disgrace!:fuming:

Most of this post is bollox. Particularly the last sentence. We aren't and we do care.

The Falcon
26-12-2011, 02:47 PM

If everything is so easy why isnt everybody doing it?

Saorsa
26-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Well said J.I find it odd that there are posters who seem tae think Petrie is blameless in all of this. He is involved in every major decision at the club yet when any of it goes wrong apparently none of it is his fault! I wonder how much his gaffs/decisions re. Colin Deadwood have cost alone.

ancient hibee
26-12-2011, 03:11 PM

What money is it you're talking about in your first sentence?
So remind me again which other SPL clubs have built a new ground and training centre in the last 5 years?
Don't think it was either Petrie or Farmer who missed the two sitters against Rangers.These failings on the playing side presumably do not include bringing in mega bucks for players determined to leave.

justlikebrazil
26-12-2011, 03:15 PM
The Farmer/Petrie era will be over at some point, probably sooner rather than later.

See what happens then.

don't no if it has been mentioned but some dafty over on kickback says some Edinburgh businessman has made an offer to buy the cabbage but farmer wants to keep the land and lease it to him!!! :flag:

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 03:25 PM
don't no if it has been mentioned but some dafty over on kickback says some Edinburgh businessman has made an offer to buy the cabbage but farmer wants to keep the land and lease it to him!!! :flag:

I would suspect that anybody without sufficient means would need the stadium and the land to guarantee their borrowings. If they don't have said sufficient means why would we consider them.

Still think it's a wind up though.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 03:44 PM
I find it odd that there are posters who seem tae think Petrie is blameless in all of this. He is involved in every major decision at the club yet when any of it goes wrong apparently none of it is his fault! I wonder how much the his gaffs/decisions re. Colin Deadwood have cost alone.

Those defending Petrie should ask where we'd be if you take away the car park and a selling the golden generation, and we'd be like the Arabs - but without the two SCs! :grr:

Why - if the Boardroom is blessed with such skill and fine leadership - nearly 5 years on from the CIS have we regressed so badly .. And the slide continues!

The Falcon
26-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Those defending Petrie should ask where we'd be if you take away the car park and a selling the golden generation, and we'd be like the Arabs - but without the two SCs! :grr:

Why - if the Boardroom is blessed with such skill and fine leadership - nearly 5 years on from the CIS have we regressed so badly .. And the slide continues!

We'd be bust. Like we were before they took over.

Hibiza
26-12-2011, 04:21 PM
If it wasnt for Tom Farmer we would have been down the swanny years ago.

Captain Trips
26-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Just because person/people have done a great job in past does not mean they are what is required now, the league placings of the club reflect a job far from being done as well as other aspects.

Bottom line is RP is not upto running the club as a whole not just finances but everything to same level.

great did well in past but there comes a time when you look at now the past is done the job being done now isnt good enough regardless of what went on before. Time to go RP

greenlex
26-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Just because person/people have done a great job in past does not mean they are what is required now, the league placings of the club reflect a job far from being done as well as other aspects.

Bottom line is RP is not upto running the club as a whole not just finances but everything to same level.

great did well in past but there comes a time when you look at now the past is done the job being done now isnt good enough regardless of what went on before. Time to go RP

It's not gonna happen so it's probably best to get over it and back the structure that's there Carlsberg.
STF rates him he ain't going anywhere. You are wasting your time and energy.

Saorsa
26-12-2011, 05:27 PM
It's not gonna happen so it's probably best to get over it and back the structure that's there Carlsberg.
STF rates him he ain't going anywhere. You are wasting your time and energy.Unfortunately though more and more people are also choosing tae spend their money elsewhere instead of wasting that as well.

DarlingtonHibee
26-12-2011, 06:05 PM

Can I ask two fairly simple question's to posters who are looking for RP and or STF to go ?

1. How many of you have run a multi million pound business ?

2. List the names of buyers with £20-30m to invest in buying the club.

The Falcon
26-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Unfortunately though more and more people are also choosing tae spend their money elsewhere instead of wasting that as well.

Yip. They have that choice as they have not taken on any responsibility.

On the other hand when things go badly it costs the owner £1m+ yet the title of the thread is asking him to put in even more or leave. :confused:

147lothian
26-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Petrie definately has too much say in the football related matters, for me the last straw was Petrie meeting with all the senior players, at his house while the then manager John Colins was away for the day. A manager has to be given control of all football related matters. No manager will do well, if he is being undermined by his chairman, Petrie has to go!

On this team, you get what you pay for! The free contracts and unwanted's from the lower english leagues that calderwood was allowed to sign, are just not good enough, I think there is a wee bit of spin going on to say that we have a good budget signing these players, I don't think our defence and midfield would be gautanteed a game n most div 1 teams

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 06:14 PM
I find it odd that there are posters who seem tae think Petrie is blameless in all of this. He is involved in every major decision at the club yet when any of it goes wrong apparently none of it is his fault! I wonder how much his gaffs/decisions re. Colin Deadwood have cost alone.

I dont think anybody is saying that Petrie is blameless Dan, none of them are. But I doubt its quite as simple as getting rid of Rod. And as has been pointed out Farmer wants him there so, basically, thats it.

I also suspect there is more going on than we know and that would explain Farmer's vociferous defence of Rod at the AGM.

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Petrie definately has too much say in the football related matters, for me the last straw was Petrie meeting with all the senior players, at his house while the then manager John Colins was away for the day. A manager has to be given control of all football related matters. No manager will do well, if he is being undermined by his chairman, Petrie has to go!

Can you remind us what happened when Collins got back?

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Can you remind us what happened when Collins got back?

Let me tell you, he backed Collins to the hilt. He told the players to have it out with Collins as he was the boss. Quite right too.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 06:20 PM
We'd be bust. Like we were before they took over.

No - we'd have an ageing ground and perhaps a higher debt - and still nae SCs :grr:

DarlingtonHibee
26-12-2011, 06:34 PM

TQM -and your alternative buisness plan for the club is ?

Starting with getting HBOS on side to continue the loans on the stands ?

Who do you think would be a better owner / chairman?

down the slope
26-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Ok then , for all the Petrie supporters on here, who is to blame for the plight the club now finds itself in?.

Saorsa
26-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Ok then , for all the Petrie supporters on here, who is to blame for the plight the club now finds itself in?.Easy, anyone except Petrie :greengrin

oops sorry you said Petrie supporters, I'm oot

down the slope
26-12-2011, 06:57 PM
It's gone a bit quiet , maybe it's the fans fault.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 07:00 PM
TQM -and your alternative buisness plan for the club is ?

Starting with getting HBOS on side to continue the loans on the stands ?

Who do you think would be a better owner / chairman?

It is too late IMHO. The baw is burst. The on-field failings - repeated poor managerial appointments by RP et al - mean we have off-field failings also.

We have no cash (the Holding Co cash is now needed for trading), we have increased the debt and indebtedness to the Holding Co (unless STF is to w/o this), falling income and an increased cost base (EM). To spend the last of your cash - on an asset that was not going to drive income - and increase debt as we were in a deep recession was madness IMHO.

As I have said many times before the East was not needed - and should have been shelved. The club should have been looking to build the fan base to create the demand and justify the supply. Sadly, East Mains also seems a luxury as it has failed to deliver .. and added toa cost base that looks unsustainable.

We are asset rich and cash poor. The trouble being we cannot sell these assets .. unless we sell and leaseback (don't see that happening).

We now have a horrific trading position - and I don't see it improving. A near £1m loss - after £1m fees .. an underlying trading loss of £2m on £7m turnover. I'd be ashamed to be associated with that professionally. It is difficult to see turnover improving in 2011/12 or in the near/medium term..

IMHO, too much damage has been done - and it will take an awful long time for some fans to return in number and as often as we require.

Who has steered us into this mess - RP. He should have left some time ago IMHO. However, STF thinks we need another 99 of him - and he calls the shots.

The ONLY USP is the team .. that's regressed since 2007 - hence the mess. We will need Fenlon to be something of a mircale worker if our fortunes are to turn and turn quickly.

In time we will see who's right .. my money would NOT be on this Board to turn it around.

Phil D. Rolls
26-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Hibs are one of the most stable clubs in Scotland. Our time will come again, and anyone who wants to rock the boat better know where we are swimming to, or I will personally remind them all their lives, what a sweet thing they let go,

END OF (c. Bad Martini Dlit, BM etc...)

DarlingtonHibee
26-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Ok then , for all the Petrie supporters on here, who is to blame for the plight the club now finds itself in?.

I do not claim to know the answer to that question, but I think one area to review is the players reward package - it seems to me as if they have little financial motivation for winning - maybe the basic is too high, and more focus needs to be put on a win bonus ?:dunno:

One thing for sure is that STF and RP have provided everything else in tems of infrastructure and stability, and we would be in a much darker place without them, particulary STF.

It is so easy to post on here, slagging RP / STF, but as yet know one has come up with an alternative that would be better for Hibernian FC in the long term
- no one....

DarlingtonHibee
26-12-2011, 07:05 PM
It is too late IMHO. The baw is burst. The on-field failings - repeated poor managerial appointments by RP et al - mean we have off-field failings also.

We have no cash (the Holding Co cash is now needed for trading), we have increased the debt and indebtedness to the Holding Co (unless STF is to w/o this), falling income and an increased cost base (EM). To spend the last of your cash - on an asset that was not going to drive income - and increase debt as we were in a deep recession was madness IMHO.

As I have said many times before the East was not needed - and should have been shelved. The club should have been looking to build the fan base to create the demand and justify the supply. Sadly, East Mains also seems a luxury as it has failed to deliver .. and added toa cost base that looks unsustainable.

We are asset rich and cash poor. The trouble being we cannot sell these assets .. unless we sell and leaseback (don't see that happening).

We now have a horrific trading position - and I don't see it improving. A near £1m loss - after £1m fees .. an underlying trading loss of £2m on £7m turnover. I'd be ashamed to be associated with that professionally. It is difficult to see turnover improving in 2011/12 or beyond ..

IMHO, too much damage has been done - and it will take an awful long time for some fans to return in number and as often as we require.

Who has steered us into this mess - RP. He should have left some time ago IMHO. However, STF thinks we need another 99 of him - and he calls the shots.

The ONLY USP is the team .. that's regressed since 2007 - hence the mess. We will need Fenlon to be something of a mircale worker if our fortunes are to turn and turn quickly.

In time we will see who's right .. my money would NOT be on this Board to turn it around.

Thanks TQM

So you don't have an alternative plan, or a list of buyers.

Phil D. Rolls
26-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I'd play for Hibs and give them my life for cheeseburger.

down the slope
26-12-2011, 07:13 PM
I do not claim to know the answer to that question, but I think one area to review is the players reward package - it seems to me as if they have little financial motivation for winning - maybe the basic is too high, and more focus needs to be put on a win bonus ?:dunno:

One thing for sure is that STF and RP have provided everything else in tems of infrastructure and stability, and we would be in a much darker place without them, particulary STF.

It is so easy to post on here, slagging RP / STF, but as yet know one has come up with an alternative that would be better for Hibernian FC in the long term
- no one....

I have no gripe with STF other than his support for RP , i would suggest any other Chairman from the SPL other than Stewart Milne, take a look at the league table !.

The Falcon
26-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I have no gripe with STF other than his support for RP , i would suggest any other Chairman from the SPL other than Stewart Milne, take a look at the league table !.

Roman Romanov? You would be happy with him?

Dont answer that :wink:

DarlingtonHibee
26-12-2011, 07:17 PM

Name one, and explain to me why he would do a better job than RP, also would he be preapared to work for less than Rod ?

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 07:23 PM

I find it interesting that you single out Stewart Milne in that, along with Farmer, he is the guy probably with most to lose financially and, along with Farmer, is trying to get Aberdeen FC to live within their means. However, like some of us, they dont like it.

Who would be crazy enough to buy, or attempt to buy, a Scottish Football Club.

down the slope
26-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Name one, and explain to me why he would do a better job than RP, also would he be preapared to work for less than Rod ?

I have said anyone other than Milne at Aberdeen, they have their clubs higher in the league than us. I think you will find that outside the OF most chairmen were taking less than Rod before he decided to ditch the salary this year. Back to my point , who's fault is it that we are in the mire ?.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks TQM

As I said I think its too late - the mistakes that have been made will have major and long lasting implications.

I don't need to find a buyer - so I've no been looking :wink: STF will need to prepare for less of a receipt with this Board 'leading' us IMHO.

Is your plan do nothing - or pray that RP et al have got it right after a numbers of failures with Fenlon???

The Falcon
26-12-2011, 07:30 PM
I find it interesting that you single out Stewart Milne in that, along with Farmer, he is the guy probably with most to lose financially and, along with Farmer, is trying to get Aberdeen FC to live within their means. However, like some of us, they dont like it.

Who would be crazy enough to buy, or attempt to buy, a Scottish Football Club.

Don't Aberdeen have a "football minded" person on their board as well? And a recognised manager who, after about six games, many told us we should have went for? Would seem to be what many on here are shouting out for.

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 07:33 PM
As I said I think its too late - the mistakes that have been made will have major and long lasting implications.

I don't need to find a buyer - so I've no been looking :wink: STF will need to prepare for less of a receipt with this Board 'leading' us IMHO.

Is your plan do nothing - or pray that RP et al have got it right after a numbers of failures with Fenlon???

You ahve contacts at Tannadeechie TQM, what do they say about Fenlon? They offered him the job there?

down the slope
Don't Aberdeen have a "football minded" person on their board as well? And a recognised manager who, after about six games, many told us we should have went for? Would seem to be what many on here are shouting out for.

I'm not disputing that , but who's fault is it that we are joint bottom of the league, somebody must be to blame ?.

Captain Trips
Can I ask two fairly simple question's to posters who are looking for RP and or STF to go ?

1. How many of you have run a multi million pound business ?

2. List the names of buyers with £20-30m to invest in buying the club.

1. Dont need to have to have an opinion that Hibs could do better

2. Dont need to on that either to have an opinion that RP isnt doing good rnough on whole. Just because I do not have somebody else in mind does not mean RP is doing good enough.

down the slope
26-12-2011, 07:36 PM
A simple question as to who is to blame but not one answer .

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 07:38 PM
You ahve contacts at Tannadeechie TQM, what do they say about Fenlon? They offered him the job there?

I think you've misinterpreted my comment. I think Fenlon is a decent appointment - but he'll find his hands tied by our worsening finances (brought on by repeatedly poor Board decisions as explained above).

Dirkster23
26-12-2011, 07:40 PM

There is no one person soley responsible for our current position.

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 07:44 PM
I have said anyone other than Milne at Aberdeen, they have their clubs higher in the league than us. I think you will find that outside the OF most chairmen were taking less than Rod before he decided to ditch the salary this year. Back to my point , who's fault is it that we are in the mire ?.

There are many faults as to why we are where we are DTS, Petrie amongst them. As TQM says we probably didnt need the East BUT had we not built it at the time we did the planning would have been difficult to get again, certainly not for the size of structure we have built. Hibs have never needed a 20k stadium for over 50 years. East Mains is bigger than it was ever intended to be, again that is more a circumstance than by desire or planning. We have spent on infrastructure and we can argue till the cows come home about that and, they have probably got the balance wrong, but only slightly.

Our problem is while we have been cutting costs, and focusing on profitability, others have not which has disadvantaged us on the football side but I suspect those particular chickens will come home to roost at some point, pretty soon in the case of Rangers and Hearts.

I was very disapointed in CC as it looked like he ticked all the boxes, sadly it was not to be. I am hopeful as well that Fenlon can do something but, as I have already said, if he does well or badly he will be gone with two years. If he does well we will not be able to afford him and if he does badly he will be sacked. This is no ones fault, it's the world we occupy in Scottish Football.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 07:46 PM

But one - more than anyone else - has been handsomely remunerated to be accountable.

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 07:48 PM
I think you've misinterpreted my comment. I think Fenlon is a decent appointment - but he'll find his hands tied by our worsening finances (brought on by repeatedly poor Board decisions as explained above).

I wasnt making an interpretation and apologies if it appeared so. I was merely seeking an opinion given that he was offered the job at the Arabs, and you are known to frequent the place. :greengrin

I too think Fenlon is a decent appointment, but I thought the same of Calderwood so I think that disqualifies me.

greenlex
26-12-2011, 08:06 PM
1. Dont need to have to have an opinion that Hibs could do better

2. Dont need to on that either to have an opinion that RP isnt doing good rnough on whole. Just because I do not have somebody else in mind does not mean RP is doing good enough.

I think everyone involved at Hibs from STF to us fans know we should be doing better.
I think everyone bar STF thinks RP shoud be doing better on the manager front. Doesn't mean he needs replaced just because of ths or because it's your opinion.

We could just as easy remove him and replace him with a football man who could make a hash of the finances. I know what I would rather have. He gt it right on the manager front before and he can do it again.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 08:10 PM
I wasnt making an interpretation and apologies if it appeared so. I was merely seeking an opinion given that he was offered the job at the Arabs, and you are known to frequent the place. :greengrin

You shouldn't believe everything you read on here :wink: I was last there on Saturday to see us fail again! PETRIE :grr: :wink:

Dirkster23
26-12-2011, 08:10 PM
But one - more than anyone else - has been handsomely remunerated to be accountable.

And i don't think he could complain too much if he was removed from his position. However, STF wants him here and i can't see that changing anytime soon from what was said at the AGM.

The Green Goblin
26-12-2011, 08:15 PM
If everything is so easy why isnt everybody doing it?

Well, I would have thought that not being bottom of the league on goal difference and unable to buy a goal or a win or dig out a half-decent performance and seeing everything team-related gradually slide down the *****ter for the last 3 years; they don't have to do it or worry about doing it.

Do you have anything more to offer to the debate on how to turn things around other than "don`t blame the board"? That's all you ever seem to post/say.

GG

Ray_
26-12-2011, 08:16 PM
There are many faults as to why we are where we are DTS, Petrie amongst them. As TQM says we probably didnt need the East BUT had we not built it at the time we did the planning would have been difficult to get again, certainly not for the size of structure we have built. Hibs have never needed a 20k stadium for over 50 years. East Mains is bigger than it was ever intended to be, again that is more a circumstance than by desire or planning. We have spent on infrastructure and we can argue till the cows come home about that and, they have probably got the balance wrong, but only slightly.

Our problem is while we have been cutting costs, and focusing on profitability, others have not which has disadvantaged us on the football side but I suspect those particular chickens will come home to roost at some point, pretty soon in the case of Rangers and Hearts.

I was very disapointed in CC as it looked like he ticked all the boxes, sadly it was not to be. I am hopeful as well that Fenlon can do something but, as I have already said, if he does well or badly he will be gone with two years. If he does well we will not be able to afford him and if he does badly he will be sacked. This is no ones fault, it's the world we occupy in Scottish Football.

I thought that all we had to do was start the process, i.e clearing the back of the old east, for the planning to remain intact & therefore we could have taken as long as we wanted after that to get the job done?

down the slope
26-12-2011, 08:20 PM
And i don't think he could complain too much if he was removed from his position. However, STF wants him here and i can't see that changing anytime soon from what was said at the AGM.

Then so be it, maybe we have further to fall before the scales drop from some eyes, one man has made all the crucial decisions in the last few years and the results of that on the park have been disastrous. It is as plain as the nose on your face that the man knows zero about football, a crucial failing in the man who is in charge.

The Green Goblin
26-12-2011, 08:22 PM

That's it in a nutshell. Exactly.

GG

down the slope
26-12-2011, 08:26 PM

So who are they ?

The Modfather
26-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks TQM

Darlington, don't mean to have a go at you personally, but you are being very obtuse.

Can you tell me what players we should sign to get us out of this mess? Who should we sign at RB, and what financial package?

I ask as, in general, fans aren't privy to the finer details we'd need to provide a list of genuine realistic replacements. That doesn't mean we can't see that certain players (if not the whole lot) aren't good enough to do the job we need of them.

As with a new owner/director, we're not privy to details of who has the portfolio to step in and do a better job. That doesn't mean it's not possible to be of the opinion Petrie (etc) performance isn't good enough/where a portion of the blame lies.

Dirkster23
26-12-2011, 08:30 PM
So who are they ?

You tell me, you see to be the man with the answers.

Board, Managers, Players, they've all played a major part in getting us in this mess.

The Falcon
26-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Well, I would have thought that not being bottom of the league on goal difference and unable to buy a goal or a win or dig out a half-decent performance and seeing everything team-related gradually slide down the *****ter for the last 3 years; they don't have to do it or worry about doing it.

Do you have anything more to offer to the debate on how to turn things around other than "don`t blame the board"? That's all you ever seem to post/say.

GG

As opposed to sack Petrie?

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I thought that all we had to do was start the process, i.e clearing the back of the old east, for the planning to remain intact & therefore we could have taken as long as we wanted after that to get the job done?

I'm not sure about that Ray but I thought we did that the last time? Since then, however, a lot of those houses had been built and, I am led to believe, that it would have been "awkward" running it on again.

Whether not building it would have helped on the park or not is anybody's guess. We certainly dont need the capacity and, other that half a dozen games if we are playing well, can we hope to get close to filling it.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure about that Ray but I thought we did that the last time? Since then, however, a lot of those houses had been built and, I am led to believe, that it would have been "awkward" running it on again.

Whether not building it would have helped on the park or not is anybody's guess. We certainly dont need the capacity and, other that half a dozen games if we are playing well, can we hope to get close to filling it.

The Board might soon be wishing they'd waited and made it a smaller standing area.

IWasThere2016
26-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Darlington, don't mean to have a go at you personally, but you are being very obtuse.

Can you tell me what players we should sign to get us out of this mess? Who should we sign at RB, and what financial package?

I ask as, in general, fans aren't privy to the finer details we'd need to provide a list of genuine realistic replacements. That doesn't mean we can't see that certain players (if not the whole lot) aren't good enough to do the job we need of them.

As with a new owner/director, we're not privy to details of who has the portfolio to step in and do a better job. That doesn't mean it's not possible to be of the opinion Petrie (etc) performance isn't good enough/where a portion of the blame lies.

He's gone!

The Green Goblin
26-12-2011, 09:00 PM
As opposed to sack Petrie?

Another brief non contribution to the debate in the form of a question... Thanks for that. You will not find a post by me anywhere on this site where I have ever supported sacking Petrie or said he should go. Nor will you. Did you even read my post?

GG

Captain Trips
26-12-2011, 09:25 PM
I think everyone involved at Hibs from STF to us fans know we should be doing better.
I think everyone bar STF thinks RP shoud be doing better on the manager front. Doesn't mean he needs replaced just because of ths or because it's your opinion.

We could just as easy remove him and replace him with a football man who could make a hash of the finances. I know what I would rather have. He gt it right on the manager front before and he can do it again.

Could then hypothetically easily replace him with somebody equally as competent at both, bottom line is his job entails more than 1 aspect and he is failing at 1 aspect therefore rightly questiong position and it should rightfully continue.

The man is failing at a major aspect at club regardless of how good anything else is.

The Falcon
26-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Another brief non contribution to the debate in the form of a question... Thanks for that. You will not find a post by me anywhere on this site where I have ever supported sacking Petrie or said he should go. Nor will you. Did you even read my post?

GG

And where have I ever said "dont blame the board"? The board are not blameless but should they be removed? No. Should Farmer or Petrie "invest or leave"? No. Are there a queue of potential buyers better than what we have? Not that I am aware of.

I happen to cherish our survival above all else, been there before and dont want to go there again. I will not be happy if we get relegated but I will not stop supporting Hibs because of it. Happened twice already and I'm still here. I knew there would be lean years following Hibs, hell we all know that, if we wanted success after success (perish the thought) we would not be Hibs supporters. 60 years since our last championship and three trophies in that period means we are hardly prolific.

What really grinds my gears above all else is that we have played by the book, always with a straight bat, when others have not and it, now more than ever, appears to benefit them and disadvantage us. But I would not have it any other way and time will prove that our approach is the correct one. IMO obviously.

down the slope
26-12-2011, 09:46 PM
And where have I ever said "dont blame the board"? The board are not blameless but should they be removed? No. Should Farmer or Petrie "invest or leave"? No. Are there a queue of potential buyers better than what we have? Not that I am aware of.

I happen to cherish our survival above all else, been there before and dont want to go there again. I will not be happy if we get relegated but I will not stop supporting Hibs because of it. Happened twice already and I'm still here. I knew there would be lean years following Hibs, hell we all know that, if we wanted success after success (perish the thought) we would not be Hibs supporters. 60 years since our last championship and three trophies in that period means we are hardly prolific.

What really grinds my gears above all else is that we have played by the book, always with a straight bat, when others have not and it, now more than ever, appears to benefit them and disadvantage us. But I would not have it any other way and time will prove that our approach is the correct one. IMO obviously.

Trouble is i do want success after success ! why be arsed with being eleventh best . I do not get this bit that we have to be crap, it's attitudes like that that lets RP off the hook.

nortonhibby
26-12-2011, 09:48 PM

That would be Don Teflon :na na:

nortonhibby
26-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Don Teflon ?

The Falcon
26-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Trouble is i do want success after success ! why be arsed with being eleventh best . I do not get this bit that we have to be crap, it's attitudes like that that lets RP off the hook.

Perhaps I should substitute the word "wanted" for "expected".

Kaiser1962
26-12-2011, 10:14 PM

Then I fear you are, like the rest of us, in for a lifetime of disappointments, interspersed every 15-20 years with a day that you will remember for the rest of your life.

And it's STF that "lets RP off the hook", if he was ever on a hook in the first place that is.

Iain G
26-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Aww what happened,did you not get the pony you asked santa for?!? Bad santa, no wait it must be RP's fault as he is the devil incarnate dont you know...

My opinion is as relevant as anyone elses on here, this is not yams.net...

nortonhibby
26-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Then so be it, maybe we have further to fall before the scales drop from some eyes, one man has made all the crucial decisions in the last few years and the results of that on the park have been disastrous. It is as plain as the nose on your face that the man knows zero about football, a crucial failing in the man who is in charge.

Don Teflon is the destroyer of our club STF Has his full backing though RP Is a prudent man well lets be honest he is a Misor he can hide under his bunet on match days looking at all the thousands of empty seats created by him.
Investment on the park on our team RP WAS WHAT WAS REQUIRED.

You have faliled:taxi i can offer you a free Taxi.

Ringothedog
26-12-2011, 10:42 PM
I have not read and will probably not read the previous 9 pages of this thread. The problem we have is Petrie never has and never will use his personal money to support or improve Hibs. STF on the other hand will act as a guarantor for Hibs. My major worry is that a club that comes from the Capital City with possibly the 4TH best support in the country is again looking at the possibility of being relegated. This is imo not good enough. The current custodians have made a lot of mistakes especially in the years since Mowbray left and their choice of managers. This has cost us millions in below average players salaries and compensation for sacking managers- not good enough. We need to settle down, ensure we do not get relegated, dont panic buy(therefore wasting more money), get behind the team(again!!) and Pray !!(we really are that bad)

matty_f
26-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Don Teflon is the destroyer of our club STF Has his full backing though RP Is a prudent man well lets be honest he is a Misor he can hide under his bunet on match days looking at all the thousands of empty seats created by him.
Investment on the park on our team RP WAS WHAT WAS REQUIRED.

You have faliled:taxi i can offer you a free Taxi.

Complete and utter bollocks, IMHO.

Couple of points from me, probably ones that I have made before but, hey, there's not a new argument on this thread so I might as well muck in.:greengrin

Looking objectively at the football club, it would be hard to argue that Petrie has not been good for the club. IMHO, the right decisions have been made for the long term benefit of the club, though it has to be said that the short term has not been good enough, certainly the post 2007 decline (though that decline has seen us finish fourth, enter Europe, and have top 6 finishes in all bar the last season and this season - barring an unlikely turnaround in fortunes from now on, so it's not as tragic as it could be).

The board have done a terrific job in getting the club into a position where it should be competitive, including the spend on the squad. So even taking infrastructure spends out of the equation, we have spent at least as much as most of the other clubs in the SPL, and in most cases we've spent more than them on the first team.

The board have made some bad decisions, managerial appointments haven't worked out and the situation with Calderwood was a shambles - that said, they clearly believed they had someone worth hanging onto and were prepared to go against the grain and keep a hold of him. It was a bad decision, but it wasn't the easy option and I doubt there's a chairman in British football who hasn't made a few bad managerial appointments in their time, especially those chairmen/chief execs that have been at a club as long as Petrie has.

IMHO, the board did exactly the right things in theory and do deserve credit for getting the club to a point where the ambition can be realised.

Are they the right people to take advantage of that position? Well, that remains to be seen. The job at Hibernian is different now. The priorities are different. The sole focus is on sporting success now, whereas before the other infrastructure projects were important long term. There are no more infrastructure projects to complete AFAIK.

So that leaves the board to work out how to make it work on the park. They've seen that their existing structure wasn't working and have recently changed this, with details published on the official site as well as being mention at the AGM, IIRC. IMHO, whenever there is a significant change in operations it can take time for results to be seen, and it's far too soon to say whether or not the changes will ultimately be successful.

It's easy to get caught up in the here and now, after all I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting a winning team on the park now. We are spending enough as fans and as a club to justifiably expect that the club perform better while these changes improve things in the background.

However, this latest episode of calls for the board come on the back of another defeat. A defeat that has come about after the board have taken action to right the wrongs of the last manager by bringing in Pat Fenlon. They've already shown a willingness to back him by signing Doyle, and we're told that there is budget for further strengthening in January.

I'm not sure what else we're expecting the board to do at the moment. They have made mistakes, they haven't got the desired results but then there's not a specific formula to making it work in football, certainly not at a club the size of Hibernian. We are underperforming and that has been recognised by the board who have taken action to rectify it.

Kammy1875
26-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Aww what happened,did you not get the pony you asked santa for?!? Bad santa, no wait it must be RP's fault as he is the devil incarnate dont you know...

My opinion is as relevant as anyone elses on here, this is not yams.net...

Still think Coco should have been given till xmas?

I got a lovely new Hibernian hat and scarf to go on Weds, you going yourself mate aye?

Bum Petrie all you like but he's massively failed US over the last 5 years and it's nobody else's fault.