PDA

View Full Version : Signs of improvement

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I didn't see the 1st half today as only got the stream working for the 2nd half. I didn't see the 45 minutes against Motherwell either.

I did watch the Rangers and Aberdeen games.

I've read over the last few weeks that there has been obvious signs of improvement, I personally on what I have seen cannot subscribe to that opinion.

Am I missing something, ARE there some signs? A glimmer? Anything?

PISTOL1875
24-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I didn't see the 1st half today as only got the stream working for the 2nd half. I didn't see the 45 minutes against Motherwell either.

I've read over the last few weeks that there has been obvious signs of improvement, I personally on what I have seen cannot subscribe to that opinion.

Am I missing something, IS there some signs? A glimmer? Anything?

There is a glimmer at the end of the tunnel mate but its a shame that the end of the tunnel is miles away at the moment...

Sammy7nil
24-12-2011, 04:01 PM

Am I missing something, IS there some signs? A glimmer? Anything?

Very Very Little signs of improvement the players are Guttless

Cropley10
24-12-2011, 04:03 PM
There are even some who will tell you we should have got behind CC more, as Fenlon's not made any difference whatsoever.

No, really.

PISTOL1875
24-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Very Very Little signs of improvement the players are Guttless

It doesn't help when you have Hart , Galbraith , Sproule and Stack all playing in the same team at the same time. You are effectively playing with 7 players when this lot are on the pitch at the same time...

Nakedmanoncrack
24-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Thought we were very comfortable in first half and could have had a bigger lead at the break. Totally different second & well beaten.

matty_f
There are even some who will tell you we should have got behind CC more, as Fenlon's not made any difference whatsoever.

No, really.

Who has said that?

blackpoolhibs
We are being set up slightly better than under calderclown, but he still has the same sheite players and still persists with one up front like the last numpty. :rolleyes:

Cropley10
24-12-2011, 04:06 PM
It doesn't help when you have Hart , Galbraith , Sproule and Stack all playing in the same team at the same time. You are effectively playing with 7 players when this lot are on the pitch at the same time...

Sadly this is very true.

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Thought we were very comfortable in first half and could have had a bigger lead at the break. Totally different second & well beaten.

Was that the same at Motherwell? ( obviously we did not play the 2nd half, I mean the 1st half)

Cropley10
24-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Who has said that?

Have a wild stab in the dark Matty.... (er not you, Chief)...

Ozyhibby
24-12-2011, 04:08 PM
A step on the right direction would be the manager recognising that the players we have are not good enough and to bring in replacement of a higher standard.
He then needs to get them fit (training twice a day as they do in England would be a start) and hungry for success.
Anything short of all this is a waste of time and I won't be wasting any of mine going along to watch.

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 04:09 PM
We are being set up slightly better than under calderclown, but he still has the same sheite players and still persists with one up front like the last numpty. :rolleyes:

I would disagree with that G. For the 2.5 games I've seen anyway.

He needs an out and out 4 4 2, to have any hope with that shower available to him. With Hart nowhere near the ****ing stadium, let alone the pitch!

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 04:12 PM

Both these points are spot on. The save that their keeper had from Griffiths header was the turning point.

But the sad fact is you couldn't fault anyone today for lack of effort, even when United had us under the cosh. They're just not very good.

Franck Stanton
24-12-2011, 04:15 PM
The best sign of improvement is the fact the transfer window opens soon - get the current load o' keek out and replace them with 4 or five experienced quality players to supplement the likes of Booth, Caldwell and the best of the reserves, - cannae dae any worse than the lazy, usless lot we have masquarading as players just now.

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 04:19 PM
So we have so far....

1. Better set up
2. Work harder

I can see point 2 to a certain extent i guess, although as has already been pointed out with this shower of ***** it means very little....

Broken Gnome
24-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Can we play 442? Does he actually have the players that would ensure we don't have the weakest midfield in the league by an utter mile? Do we have the wide men to make that work? Would the defence cope without an extra man in front?

451 in its defensive form is pretty crap obviously, but you wouldn't think Fenlon is a negative manager or has those intentions in the long run. He's looked at the dross he's got, he sees that as the best way to go until he can bring his own in. We could have played Sodje and Griffiths up front today, and be quite easily sitting here complaining that the midfield were overrun and neither striker had a kick of a ball all afternoon.

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Can we play 442? Does he actually have the players that would ensure we don't have the weakest midfield in the league by an utter mile? Do we have the wide men to make that work? Would the defence cope without an extra man in front?

451 in its defensive form is pretty crap obviously, but you wouldn't think Fenlon is a negative manager or has those intentions in the long run. He's looked at the dross he's got, he sees that as the best way to go until he can bring his own in. We could have played Sodje and Griffiths up front today, and be quite easily sitting here complaining that the midfield were overrun and neither striker had a kick of a ball all afternoon.

We have lost 6 goals in 3 games and scored one, whatever PF is thinking, his formation and his tactics are certainly not working with this side

Feed McGraw
24-12-2011, 04:26 PM

You are being very kind only mentioning four players, many more than those guys aren`t up to it IMO. I could make a case defending Sproule and Stack, although I accept they`ve not been great recently.

PISTOL1875
24-12-2011, 04:45 PM
You are being very kind only mentioning four players, many more than those guys aren`t up to it IMO. I could make a case defending Sproule and Stack, although I accept they`ve not been great recently.

I would to hear how you can defend Sproule.. The guy tries his best and runs about a bit but is effectively rubbish.. I said it before and I will say it again , if he couldn't so fast then he would be nowhere any football team..

Stack, well when was the last time you had a goalkeeper who was scared to come off his line????.. Granted he is a good shot-stopper and has made vital saves in the past but how many goals have we lost with him being in goals that could've been avoided if he had ventured from his line ??

PeterboroHibee
24-12-2011, 04:53 PM

I would imagine he is playing 451 (although its more of a 4231) to try and make us tougher to beat. Going 442 is fine but we are so weak in midfield that most teams can overpower us and ultimately we lose games. Thought we were alright first half, nothing special but we scored and they only really got 1 or 2 chances. Second half United looked very up for the fight and we couldnt handle them, the players looked knackered and just couldnt compete. Fitness is a real issue and its costing us, Stevenson and Wotherspoon especially were been brushed aside easily and couldnt keep up with Uniteds midfielders.

GreenCastle
24-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I would imagine he is playing 451 (although its more of a 4231) to try and make us tougher to beat. Going 442 is fine but we are so weak in midfield that most teams can overpower us and ultimately we lose games. Thought we were alright first half, nothing special but we scored and they only really got 1 or 2 chances. Second half United looked very up for the fight and we couldnt handle them, the players looked knackered and just couldnt compete. Fitness is a real issue and its costing us, Stevenson and Wotherspoon especially were been brushed aside easily and couldnt keep up with Uniteds midfielders.

:agree:

It's a 4-2-3-1 he is playing when we attack and 4-5-1 when we are defending to give us more protection. No co-incidence as the game went on the team shape was stretched and we were exposed with basic goals - fitness ? Mentality - lack of focus?

If we were giving up 30 yard shots in the top corner it may be easier to take but it's defending a Sunday league team would be annoyed with.

Positive today - LG looked better up front than out wide

Still worrying....

Stack - doesn't command 6 yard box and adds extra pressure to the back 4

Hart - not good enough - would rather have DVZ or Thicot or even Towell at RB

O'Hanlon - poor mans Rob Jones - not comfortable on the ball

Hanlon - not too sure what he offers - not much going forward - think we were spoilt with Murphy.

Stevenson / Wotherspoon - I actually think these two have done better in the last few games - We do miss Osbourne though.

Palsson - needs motivation

Sproule - I like the guy but like Galbraith rarely beats a man to make a cross - which is the main job of a wide player to offer help to the front players with shots on goal etc.

Confidence is rock bottom and Fenlon has to really work hard to make these players better.

Feed McGraw
24-12-2011, 05:09 PM
I would to hear how you can defend Sproule.. The guy tries his best and runs about a bit but is effectively rubbish.. I said it before and I will say it again , if he couldn't so fast then he would be nowhere any football team..

Stack, well when was the last time you had a goalkeeper who was scared to come off his line????.. Granted he is a good shot-stopper and has made vital saves in the past but how many goals have we lost with him being in goals that could've been avoided if he had ventured from his line ??

I admit it`s probably me being a bit emotional about Sproule as I really thought the world of him first time round. Stack ? Well, what I will say, he`s a lot better than some of the circus acts we`ve had before him, but yeah, I wish he`d come off that line.

IFONLY
24-12-2011, 05:11 PM

It's a 4-2-3-1 he is playing when we attack and 4-5-1 when we are defending to give us more protection. No co-incidence as the game went on the team shape was stretched and we were exposed with basic goals - fitness ? Mentality - lack of focus?

If we were giving up 30 yard shots in the top corner it may be easier to take but it's defending a Sunday league team would be annoyed with.

Positive today - LG looked better up front than out wide

Still worrying....

Stack - doesn't command 6 yard box and adds extra pressure to the back 4

Hart - not good enough - would rather have DVZ or Thicot or even Towell at RB

O'Hanlon - poor mans Rob Jones - not comfortable on the ball

Hanlon - not too sure what he offers - not much going forward - think we were spoilt with Murphy.

Stevenson / Wotherspoon - I actually think these two have done better in the last few games - We do miss Osbourne though.

Palsson - needs motivation

Sproule - I like the guy but like Galbraith rarely beats a man to make a cross - which is the main job of a wide player to offer help to the front players with shots on goal etc.

Confidence is rock bottom and Fenlon has to really work hard to make these players better.

Thats good you like him so lets keep him in the team. Today was imho his worst performance in a Hibs jersey, he brings nothing to the table, even his so called speed does nothing for the game there are many defenders just as fast as him.

GreenCastle
24-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Thats good you like him so lets keep him in the team. Today was imho his worst performance in a Hibs jersey, he brings nothing to the table, even his so called speed does nothing for the game there are many defenders just as fast as him.

Sorry should have read that again - I think he is a top guy off the pitch and cares about Hibs but I agree his ability to be consistent and help us right now needs to be questioned.

I think sadly he has lost his speed - something which got us off our seats in previous years :agree:

Hibrandenburg
24-12-2011, 05:19 PM

Just pray that that glimmer at the end of the tunnel is not a train.

HFC 0-7
24-12-2011, 05:19 PM
I think there have been signs of improvement, the fact we never leaked goals against Aberdeen, Rangers and the first half against Motherwell show that. Where we are falling down is mental strength amongst a lot of the players isnt there. IMO, the most important thing we are missing on the pitch is a leader, someone that is respected by all the players. At the moment we cant dictate play, we get frantic as the fans get frantic, we pick the wrong passes when the game is at a critical stage, ie, start of the second half when we have a small lead or just after we have scored. A leader can take the pace out the game with a few well timed passes to keep the ball. They will also try and speak to the rest of the players to calm them. I look at the squad we have and dont see anyone that fits that role. Ian Murray is a senior player and is probably well respected but he is probably one of the worst at getting caught up in the game and playing at a frantic pace.

Hibs havent controlled a game in a long time, we have been the better side at times but we have never looked like controlling the game. I think an experienced midfielder with a bit of pedigree and a decent centre back could make a big difference to the team.

PeterboroHibee
24-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Sproule had a nightmare today, just looks shot of any confidence. Neilson is a decent defender but never the quickest, and even though Sproule has lost a bit of pace, he should have been ripping him to pieces. When he got on the ball he didnt do that much though, doesnt seem like he wants to take a man on for pace which is what his game has mostly been about.

His head seemed to drop quite quickly as well when we collapsed. As captain he should be rallying them but just didnt seem to work. Probably not the best choice of captain tbh, when hes got no confidence how are the rest of the team meant to respond..

GreenCastle
24-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Sproule had a nightmare today, just looks shot of any confidence. Neilson is a decent defender but never the quickest, and even though Sproule has lost a bit of pace, he should have been ripping him to pieces. When he got on the ball he didnt do that much though, doesnt seem like he wants to take a man on for pace which is what his game has mostly been about.

His head seemed to drop quite quickly as well when we collapsed. As captain he should be rallying them but just didnt seem to work. Probably not the best choice of captain tbh, when hes got no confidence how are the rest of the team meant to respond..

Just shows you how we are lacking leaders that Sproule was made captain.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Sproule is not quick anymore, and with the ball he's even slower. His legs look like they belong to someone else whe he is in possesion of a ball.

HFC 0-7
24-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Sproule is not quick anymore, and with the ball he's even slower. His legs look like they belong to someone else whe he is in possesion of a ball.

He is still quick, the problem is the positions he is receiving the ball, we start attacks so far back that it leaves pacey players with a lot to do. When players like Sproule play the opposition play deep to stop balls over the top, what we need is a good midfielder that can release these players higher up the pitch. Take the aberdeen game for example, they played deep when sproule was on the pitch, we subbed sproule and they pushed higher up the pitch, even with 10 men.

At The Edge
24-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Sproule is becoming worse every game, he needs a time out.
Yes he loves Hibs and every minute playing for us, but thats not what we need right now, we need players who can actually play and influence a game.

there is a light at the end of the tunnel, however, we first have to get to the tunnel to begin our journey through it,
i hope that January brings us some belated xmas presents in the shape of some decent footballers, mainly a CH, RB and creative midfielder.

:pfgwa

Broken Gnome
24-12-2011, 06:16 PM
He is still quick, the problem is the positions he is receiving the ball, we start attacks so far back that it leaves pacey players with a lot to do. When players like Sproule play the opposition play deep to stop balls over the top, what we need is a good midfielder that can release these players higher up the pitch. Take the aberdeen game for example, they played deep when sproule was on the pitch, we subbed sproule and they pushed higher up the pitch, even with 10 men.

He had Johnny Russell two yards directly behind him in the first half, bang on halfway with the whole left wing to himself. He went out of his way to turn back to retain possession, by far the more difficult thing to do. If he does still have pace that sets him apart from others, he sure as hell doesn't seem to know how to use it anymore.

Iain G
24-12-2011, 06:35 PM
He had Johnny Russell two yards directly behind him in the first half, bang on halfway with the whole left wing to himself. He went out of his way to turn back to retain possession, by far the more difficult thing to do. If he does still have pace that sets him apart from others, he sure as hell doesn't seem to know how to use it anymore.

Perhaps time to push him right up front and play on the shoulder of the last defender which would give them at least something to worry about, though that means we need a midfield who can slip a ball through or drop a nice ball in behind the defence first...

HFC 0-7
24-12-2011, 06:44 PM

Thats exactly what I am saying we are giving a player the ball at the half way line, probably the fastest player on the pitch, what do you want him to do, sprint the whole half of the pitch and score or bomb forward and cross? If you want him to bomb forward and cross, then as he is the fastest player there will be no one in the middle to meet it. IMO, fast players if playing on the last man are best to do it through the middle, if they are on the wing they are best getting the ball further up the pitch, we seem to try and release our forward when we are inside our own half, we should be doing it in their half. Our midfield cant build up play into the opposition half, they get the ball from defence then try to release the forwards instead of trying to move it forward within the midfield to release forwards in more advanced positions.

thebausburst
24-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Zero improvement for me under Fenlon, talks good in front of the cameras that's the only reason why some fans are impressed. The 1 up front formation is a joke and totally embarrassing against non OF teams. Watched our hoof ball efforts against Utd, there was a total inevitability about the result but Fenlon did nout and left it too late to bring Sodje on. Christ gie the guy a chance he saved us this time last year and in my view him and Griffiths up front is clearly our best option up front, especially as Gaz cannae be erased anymore and has one eye on his next move.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 07:05 PM

He was quick with no brains first time around, he's lost pace but is still not the quickest up stairs. He used to excite me, now i'm sad to say he does not, although he's far from on his own there.:boo hoo:

KeithTheHibby
24-12-2011, 08:03 PM

No, really.

CC either brought in the dross or didn't move it on.

PF is trying to get the best out of what is nothing more than a bunch of spineless, bottling generally not even close to good enough squad.

He will need to be a miracle worker to turn this utter shambles around.

All those looking forward to the 2nd need their heads examined.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Just shows you how we are lacking leaders that Sproule was made captain.

To be honest never noticed Sproule was captain, I was thinking to myself on the train home 'who was captain?'
You are right, that he is made captain says it all, I liked him first time around, and have fond memories of him but he shouldn't have been brought back and even at his very best he's never a skipper, not had a genuine captain for a few years now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2011, 08:35 PM
It is one thing saying that 4-5-1 can become different when attacking but our full backs were running in quicksand and whenever we got the ball there was a mile between the midfield and LG. Out appetite to chase the ball down was abject and the lack of tackling was pathetic.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 08:41 PM
It is one thing saying that 4-5-1 can become different when attacking but our full backs were running in quicksand and whenever we got the ball there was a mile between the midfield and LG. Out appetite to chase the ball down was abject and the lack of tackling was pathetic.

:agree: Both full backs are horrific, both are slow and useless. I remember when folk would have a pop at whittaker for losing the ball in the oppositions box, christ ours struggle to get out their own half, and even when they do, have the skill level of an satsuma.

We are woefull at both full back positions, with a midfield to match. :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
24-12-2011, 08:53 PM
:agree: Both full backs are horrific, both are slow and useless. I remember when folk would have a pop at whittaker for losing the ball in the oppositions box, christ ours struggle to get out their own half, and even when they do, have the skill level of an satsuma.

We are woefull at both full back positions, with a midfield to match. :rolleyes:

One of the bright aspects of last season was Booth at left back.

Has his form dipped that much with Towell the same at right back?

Attacking defenders give the midfield more chance to push on allowing everyone else to push up - seems the full backs are pretty much being told to stay back or aren't good / fit enough to get up and support and help the players in front.

ronaldo7
24-12-2011, 09:18 PM

Stoap watchin, yer a jonah

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2011, 09:25 PM

Today is the first time I`ve heard a manager say that his players are not fit enough half way through a season. It underlines what most of us on here have been saying for months and is a dreadful indictment on the players and previous coaching staff.

PISTOL1875
24-12-2011, 10:11 PM
I admit it`s probably me being a bit emotional about Sproule as I really thought the world of him first time round. Stack ? Well, what I will say, he`s a lot better than some of the circus acts we`ve had before him, but yeah, I wish he`d come off that line.

He has never been and ever will be a football player.. Lets be honest here , if he hadn't scored that hat-trick at Ibrox and being such a favourite with the fans then he wouldn't have been brought back...

Feed McGraw
24-12-2011, 10:25 PM
He has never been and ever will be a football player.. Lets be honest here , if he hadn't scored that hat-trick at Ibrox and being such a favourite with the fans then he wouldn't have been brought back...

IS first time round was great for Hibs, got fans excited and off their seats and played with fire in his belly.
I didn`t think Hibs should have re-signed him though, but he could still have a role to play this time round. He is not the problem, until this pathetic back four is sorted nothing will change.

PISTOL1875
24-12-2011, 10:30 PM
IS first time round was great for Hibs, got fans excited and off their seats and played with fire in his belly.
I didn`t think Hibs should have re-signed him though, but he could still have a role to play this time round. He is not the problem, until this pathetic back four is sorted nothing will change.

Colin Calderwood never even knew he used to play for HIBs.. What the hell does that tell you ??

IS is rubbish.. End off.......

Captain Trips
24-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I certainly think PF needs some time but I will not subscribe to the "it's not his team" stuff. It is his team he accepted it when he joined and it is up to him to get them playing better than they have been, not looking for miricles but CC got far to long with the it isnt his players stuff when it was clear it didnt matter he was basically not up to it.

PF deserves time but I expect to see if he is better to see improvements in the coming weeks, I will lose faith in him if after 3mths I see nothing which is exactly what happened with CC.

Captain Trips
24-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Colin Calderwood never even knew he used to play for HIBs.. What the hell does that tell you ??

IS is rubbish.. End off.......

Is that true?

PISTOL1875
24-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Is that true?

Yeh..

Sergeant Hibs
24-12-2011, 11:15 PM

There are worse players than them my friend maybe with the exeption of Hart. O'Hanlon,Palsson,Scott abd Stephens are far worse than them

Patatango
24-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I think PF needs time, and plenty of it but I don't envy the job he's got on his hands.

Our squad is unbelievably weak. Half of the starting line up should only be getting a game from the bench at best and some of them should never darken the doors of ER ever again. I really hope he kens of a quality defender or two and a midfielder who can influence a game... should be an interesting second half to the season at least.

BoltonHibee
25-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I've just watched the game, 1st and 2 nd half on that Alba channel. I can honestly say there is absolutely no improvement in our side whatsoever. Those that can see an Improvement please for **** sake tell me what you see.

Iain G
25-12-2011, 03:20 AM
I've just watched the game, 1st and 2 nd half on that Alba channel. I can honestly say there is absolutely no improvement in our side whatsoever. Those that can see an Improvement please for **** sake tell me what you see.

He's barely had a month in charge and is working out very quickly what the problems are, he needs to be given time and ours and the boards support to turn things around, given he's quickly moved from "everyone will get a chance" to "we need players" in the space of a few games that is a good positive sign that he has worked out what he has to work with is a poor squad with no belief or resilience or confidence.

Septimus
25-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Surely Brown has by now identified where our problems lie and has some names in his notebook for potential incomers.

I get the impression that the management, whoever they may be, are afraid to make changes to the team and let the youngsters come through. It now looks as though the most important matches of our season will be when we play Dunfermline and we have to have a team capable of beating them by that time.

BoltonHibee
25-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Stoap watchin, yer a jonah

And the bad news is........I've got a ticket for the derby :)

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 08:12 AM

You are up early. :greengrin

brydekirk
25-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Defo cant run for 90 mins, better used as a sub imo.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Defo cant run for 90 mins, better used as a sub imo.

HH81
25-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Bolton, given the time you were watching it i would say you were steaming.........:party:

First Half I though Dundee hardly caused Hibs any problems and Hibs should and could have been 2 up and game over.

2nd half was shocking defending or should we say normal service resumed?

PF has work to do but he knew that given the results in the last 12 months..... lets calm down, chill out and all have a nice few days until the 28th :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Bolton, given the time you were watching it i would say you were steaming.........:party:

First Half I though Dundee hardly caused Hibs any problems and Hibs should and could have been 2 up and game over.
2nd half was shocking defending or should we say normal service resumed?

PF has work to do but he knew that given the results in the last 12 months..... lets calm down, chill out and all have a nice few days until the 28th :thumbsup:

Selective viewing imo, while agreeing they did not trouble us much, they did miss one glorious chance with the blond lad missing when it looked easier to score. Should or could have been 2-1, and even when we have been 2 up at tannadice the game has never been over, see bbc game further down for evidence.

Hibrandenburg
25-12-2011, 10:21 AM
People who are already criticising PF get real FFS. You're either Yams on the wind up or living in cloud cuckoo land.

BoltonHibee
25-12-2011, 11:21 AM
People who are already criticising PF get real FFS. You're either Yams on the wind up or living in cloud cuckoo land.

I don't think anyone is criticising PF. There were a number of posts over the last few weeks, stating that the signs of Improvement were obvious for all to see. I'm saying they are not obvious to me. In fact I think those statements are utter drivel.
Not critical of PF really, he has an unenviable task ahead of him.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't think anyone is criticising PF. There were a number of posts over the last few weeks, stating that the signs of Improvement were obvious for all to see. I'm saying they are not obvious to me. In fact I think those statements are utter drivel.
Not critical of PF really, he has an unenviable task ahead of him.

:agree: Nobody has, folk just see who is posting and make things up on what they have read previously from that poster. I understand where some folk are coming from regarding you Moray, you must be the most miserable poster i have read on here for a long while, as someone has already said, lighten up a bit pal, it will all seem a bit better later on today. :wink:

Hibercelona
25-12-2011, 11:37 AM

Whats the deal with you and Sproule?

Did he hump your wife or something? :confused:

Sproule was a great player the first time round and was a real find for the money we paid for him. Of course he's going to be remembered for his hattrick at hunbrox, who wouldn't be? :confused:

And I can believe the amount of abuse he's getting on here right now. Yes he looks terrible. But its easy to look awful when you don't have a team of players around you to back you up.

I've seen Sproule skin defenders this season, only to put the ball into an empty box, then people screaming abuse at him for it. People need to get a grip on reality FFS.

PISTOL1875
25-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Whats the deal with you and Sproule?

Did he hump your wife or something? :confused:

Sproule was a great player the first time round and was a real find for the money we paid for him. Of course he's going to be remembered for his hattrick at hunbrox, who wouldn't be? :confused:

And I can believe the amount of abuse he's getting on here right now. Yes he looks terrible. But its easy to look awful when you don't have a team of players around you to back you up.

I've seen Sproule skin defenders this season, only to put the ball into an empty box, then people screaming abuse at him for it. People need to get a grip on reality FFS.

He is terrible mate.. There is no getting away from that...

He looks terrible because he is.. That's the facts..

How can you possibly say he was a great player ??? That has to be one of the worst statement's I have ever read on this...

IFONLY
25-12-2011, 11:56 AM
He is terrible mate.. There is no getting away from that...

He looks terrible because he is.. That's the facts..

How can you possibly say he was a great player ??? That has to be one of the worst statement's I have ever read on this...

I second your statement.

The Modfather
25-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Yesterday was my first Hibs game in a long time (I make no bones about that - see the "response from the board" thread on why I walked away).

On the Subject of Sproule (and there could be a separate thread/post on any one of them), he epitomised (yesterday anyway) our current problems. Little contribution first half, second half a man down. As one if the more experienced players and high end earners I expected to see him take on a bit of responsibility, sadly he didn't do that once. As bad as we are, if he was having a go and being positive, but still having a mare I could at least respect that. However, particularly the second half he refused to take any responsibility (confidence maybe a factor, but not an excuse for me). The number of times Hanlon drove on with the ball and he stood 10 yards inside from him, square on, was infuriating. To me, he spent a lot of the second half hiding,and shirking taking on any responsibility, taking up positions so he could take a touch and make a backwards pass. Extremely dissapointing, and traits rife throughout the team I'm afraid.

PISTOL1875
25-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Yesterday was my first Hibs game in a long time (I make no bones about that - see the "response from the board" thread on why I walked away).

On the Subject of Sproule (and there could be a separate thread/post on any one of them), he epitomised (yesterday anyway) our current problems. Little contribution first half, second half a man down. As one if the more experienced players and high end earners I expected to see him take on a bit of responsibility, sadly he didn't do that once. As bad as we are, if he was having a go and being positive, but still having a mare I could at least respect that. However, particularly the second half he refused to take any responsibility (confidence maybe a factor, but not an excuse for me). The number of times Hanlon drove on with the ball and he stood 10 yards inside from him, square on, was infuriating. To me, he spent a lot of the second half hiding,and shirking taking on any responsibility, taking up positions so he could take a touch and make a backwards pass. Extremely dissapointing, and traits rife throughout the team I'm afraid.

My point exactly. Sproule is nothing more than a liability.. Every so often we see a glimpse of something and he is proclaimed a hero.. The good points outweight the bad I am afraid..

Also , not forgetting the knack he has of getting himself sent off when the chips are down and we are up against it...

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 01:00 PM
I liked Sproule first time round, he created chances and scored a few. Yes he could have you tearing your hair out at times, but he did make a contribution.

I'm dissapointed in him this time round, i so wanted him to be the same player. :boo hoo:

Aldo
25-12-2011, 01:15 PM
I have said this more than once.....

Sproule is a one trick pony who has lost his trick.

Sorry but impact sub at most.

My tin hat is at the ready but folk on hear are lining up to slate other players in team.... Bart, hanlon etc but For me Sproule is as bad.

Feed McGraw
25-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I have said this more than once.....

Sproule is a one trick pony who has lost his trick.

Sorry but impact sub at most.

My tin hat is at the ready but folk on hear are lining up to slate other players in team.... Bart, hanlon etc but For me Sproule is as bad.

Well at least he had a good trick. The only trick some of his present team mates have is tricking SOME folk into believing they are footballers.

Hibiza
25-12-2011, 03:11 PM
I cannot believe that anyone can give Fenlon a hard time , been in the job for a month inherited a shower of duds, :confused:

nortonhibby
25-12-2011, 03:38 PM
I cannot believe that anyone can give Fenlon a hard time , been in the job for a month inherited a shower of duds, :confused:

Correct Alex Ferguson could do nothing with the players we have he needs to sweep the place clean and introduce masive changes with the influx of his new players and perhaps some of the best players from East Mains untill we see changes in personel it will just stay the same.
And we need something done before the big game at Dunfermline which is a must win game for us. Listening to his post match interview he mentioned we are trying to get players in from all over which at least we know wheels are currently in motion to recruit new players.
He also said he is working on the teams fitness and is working hard to sort the team out.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 03:40 PM

Me neither, who is?:confused:

Hibiza
25-12-2011, 03:45 PM
been alluded to, several times thro this thread.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 03:47 PM

No its not, plenty having a pop at the duds he's been left though? :confused:

BoltonHibee
25-12-2011, 04:52 PM

Total bollocks, read the thread!

nortonhibby
25-12-2011, 08:02 PM
NO improvement just another Defeat same useless players different guy standing at the side sckratching his chin, re wind CC Yogi, Mixuo one man at the helm RP:cb

down-the-slope
25-12-2011, 08:48 PM
not PF's fault.....but for me it does show that neither was it all CC's fault......

the players are not / have not given enough over past few years.... a large change of playing personel or application is required

Eyrie
25-12-2011, 10:26 PM
not PF's fault.....but for me it does show that neither was it all CC's fault......

He either signed or extended most of them though, so it is his fault.

Bayern Bru
26-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Hibs are the kind of team who see light at the end of the tunnel, and quickly order more tunnel to be built.

Quick fixes come January:

Stop starting, and begin using Ivan as an impact sub, as he's most effective when opposing defenders are tiring.
Find a true leader in the team, and make them captain. None of this pish giving the armband to a different guy each week - although if it's yet another case of 'I'll do it if I have to' then our problems are more serious than we thought.
Introduce the defenders to each other, especially O'Hanlon and Stephens.
Introduce Michael Hart and Danny Galbraith to black cabs.
Alternatively, shoogle up the team. Start with Caldwell and Griffiths up top in a 4-4-2, put Welsh into the midfield. Anything. Because it's all very well if Fenlon can see where and what the problems are, but I'd at least like to see some difference/changes made - but I do know he can only work with what he's got.

If the team that started against United line up against Inverness, or even worse, the Yams, then I fear for our survival.

bruno
26-12-2011, 07:58 AM
NO improvement just another Defeat same useless players different guy standing at the side sckratching his chin, re wind CC Yogi, Mixuo one man at the helm RP:cb

My view from the other side of the road is there has been improvement in the set up and shape of the team. Admittedly i only get to watch the live tv games and highlights of the united game. The losses are brought about by individual errors by various players and there is only so much that a new manager can do about that. I think his first task is to set the team up to be hard to break down and i think he has done that.then it will be to introduce a bit more creativity and variety going forward which is why he is tinkering with his attacking options to get the right balance. Finally he will try and introduce a couple of players in January. Much as fans would love to see a mass clear out it.s not that easy to move players on. I think it will be a couple of journey men to get through the season and start to rebuild properly in the summer. I'd certainly give him time and remember he's working with a team devoid of confidence and direction but guaranteed a couple of the players getting slated now will improve with better players round them more structured setting up of the team and crucially playing with confidence. Confidence in their own ability but confidence crucially in the players roundabout them and confidence in the manager

Speedway
26-12-2011, 01:10 PM
I disagree that the players are gutless, I don't think they are.

The players are poor players who are poor as a team. They have no cohesion, class, confidence, composure but they are other things that begin with C.

When I say 'they', it's the starting line up from Saturday I have in mind, Osbourne MAY be an exception.

On the bench, I don't see anyone who can improve what we have, although I'd certainly try Welsh now to see if he's got an ounce of creativity in him. Spoon and Sproule haven't.

None of the starting 11 have tasted much success in their careers. Therefore we have a team of losers who I foresee losing again to ICT.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I disagree that the players are gutless, I don't think they are.

The players are poor players who are poor as a team. They have no cohesion, class, confidence, composure but they are other things that begin with C.

When I say 'they', it's the starting line up from Saturday I have in mind, Osbourne MAY be an exception.

On the bench, I don't see anyone who can improve what we have, although I'd certainly try Welsh now to see if he's got an ounce of creativity in him. Spoon and Sproule haven't.

None of the starting 11 have tasted much success in their careers. Therefore we have a team of losers who I foresee losing again to ICT.

From the whole squad, i'd only keep Booth, O'Sbourne and Stephens. I know nothing about any of the kids, so cant judge them, but the rest of the under achievers who regularly masquerade as footballers can do one as far as i'm concerned.

HH81
26-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Booth can't even get a game so why would we be keeping him?

His last few games I saw he was very poor.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-12-2011, 04:25 PM
No signs of improvement imo...still absolute *****.....i really feel for fenlon.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Booth can't even get a game so why would we be keeping him?

His last few games I saw he was very poor.

He's injured is he not?

Kammy1875
26-12-2011, 05:03 PM
I think we look a lot tighter and have been unlucky in the last two games.

Confidence isn't there, a win would alter this though.

BoltonHibee
26-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I think we look a lot tighter and have been unlucky in the last two games.

Confidence isn't there, a win would alter this though.

6 goals conceded in the last 3 games, yup a lot tighter!

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2011, 05:13 PM
6 goals conceded in the last 3 games, yup a lot tighter!

We are, if we were not we'd have lost 9 or 10.

HH81
26-12-2011, 05:22 PM
He's injured is he not?

Not heard anything to suggest this? :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2011, 05:37 PM
When you are taught the principles of coaching, in a business environment, there is always and end point that says, if you can't change the people, change the people. We might get bits of improvement here and there, but we shouldn't expect miracles. IMO Fenlon is the man to take our club forward, but the squad needs to change.

frazeHFC
26-12-2011, 05:48 PM
We were brilliant at Motherwell in the 45 minutes, but no doubt we would've conceded early in the second half and lost the game. Not very optimistic but it is probably a true reflection based on other games.

ronaldo7
26-12-2011, 06:16 PM

Hopefully it's for a box...We can just draw the curtains for ye:thumbsup: