More temps
Still no strategy for permanent squad
form declining further
Cc sacked
Fenlon in
No change

RIP
24-12-2011, 04:54 PM
We could sign a new manager and replace the squad every year if we are really determined to destroy hibs

Madness. Utter madness.

Cropley10
24-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I agree - we've not had a LB since Murphy left and a RB since Whittaker left. When was the last time we had a decent goalie FFS?

We lurch from one temp signing to another, all the while RP has that slightly smug look about him as the rest of the SPL tell him what a fine job he's done with the Balance Sheet. Those days have long gone, and this is a FAR, FAR worse team than Yogi's.

Dark days troops...

Littlest Hobo
24-12-2011, 04:58 PM
WE need someone with a an eye for quality, sadly been lacking for a long while at ER.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 04:58 PM
How much more have our competitors spent than us? :confused:

PISTOL1875
24-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Collins loses players
No money for replacements
No squad rebuild
Lots of temps
Collins resigns
mixu in
Still no rebuild
Team inconsistent
Lots more temps
Mixu leaves
Yogi in
More temps
No consistency
Yogi sacked
Cc in
More temps
form declining further
Cc sacked
Fenlon in
No change

Fenlon can't do anything to combat the situation we are in until he can ship some of the dead weight out and get his own players in.. He surely will have identified what areas we are short in and is working towards inproving us.. Already PF has seen we are short up front so he brought in the guy from Ireland.....

Cropley10
24-12-2011, 05:04 PM

Who cares G? Fact is whoever has spent what, we've definitely got the least to show for it.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Collins loses players
No money for replacements
No squad rebuild
Lots of temps
Collins resigns
mixu in
Still no rebuild
Team inconsistent
Lots more temps
Mixu leaves
Yogi in
More temps
No consistency
Yogi sacked
Cc in
More temps
form declining further
Cc sacked
Fenlon in
No change

If we bring in a few loan player in the Jan Window it will be like groundhog day.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Who cares G? Fact is whoever has spent what, we've definitely got the least to show for it.

Oh i know that, but the bull**** about no money in the original post makes it sound as if we are being outspent, when we clearly are not.

Succesive managers bringing in crap is the reason we are sheite. If it was because we have brought in lots of temps, who are these other clubs that are building sides with 4 and 5 year signings? :confused:

Barney McGrew
24-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Oh i know that, but the bull**** about no money in the original post makes it sound as if we are being outspent, when we clearly are not.

Succesive managers bringing in crap is the reason we are sheite. If it was because we have brought in lots of temps, who are these other clubs that are building sides with 4 and 5 year signings? :confused:

And who are all the 'temps' we've brought in? IIRC, the only loan players we've had in that time were Jonelit (who Collins didn't even bother playing), Towell and Griffiths. Everyone else was permanent, signed by the manager who was in charge at the time.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 05:21 PM
And who are all the 'temps' we've brought in? IIRC, the only loan players we've had in that time were Jonelit (who Collins didn't even bother playing), Towell and Griffiths. Everyone else was permanent, signed by the manager who was in charge at the time.

:agree: I suppose the others dont use this option?

Bostonhibby
24-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I agree - we've not had a LB since Murphy left and a RB since Whittaker left. When was the last time we had a decent goalie FFS?

We lurch from one temp signing to another, all the while RP has that slightly smug look about him as the rest of the SPL tell him what a fine job he's done with the Balance Sheet. Those days have long gone, and this is a FAR, FAR worse team than Yogi's.

Dark days troops...

:agree: Thought Van Zanten looked good today, great run and pass for Magowans goal, must be a Hibs thing:confused:

BoltonHibee
24-12-2011, 06:04 PM
:agree: Thought Van Zanten looked good today, great run and pass for Magowans goal, must be a Hibs thing:confused:

Van Zanten would walk into the Hibs 1st team right now......how sad is that!

Nuitdelune
24-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Van Zanten would walk into the Hibs 1st team right now......how sad is that!

Thought that myself during the match--very sad:worried:

RIP
24-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Sure we have spent but how many of the signings are still with us.

No strategy, no business acumen, no stability

No way to run a football club

marinello59
24-12-2011, 08:12 PM

Van Zanten is a solid enough SPL level defender who would improve our current team. Not Hibs class though. Apparently.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Van Zanten is a solid enough SPL level defender who would improve our current team. Not Hibs class though. Apparently.

I suppose if we have aspirations of 6th 7th or 8th Van the man is the very player we should be signing. Do you not think its sad that the likes of him would improve this lot?:boo hoo:

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2011, 09:15 PM

Which ever way you peel and boil it, this the question that leads onto saying how the hell can the 4th biggest budget get us second bottom of the league.? Look at that St Mirren team. No better than journeymen and the odd bit of quality but they are team greater than the value of the individual parts.

marinello59
24-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Which ever way you peel and boil it, this the question that leads onto saying how the hell can the 4th biggest budget get us second bottom of the league.? Look at that St Mirren team. No better than journeymen and the odd bit of quality but they are team greater than the value of the individual parts.

It is difficult but obviously it can be done with a bit of skill and dedication. :greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
24-12-2011, 09:35 PM

Dark days troops...

Agree with everything you've said apart from I think Stack is a decent keeper - not a great keeper but he's the best we've had for a while and probably one of the last members of the first team I would try and replace.

If things don't improve then we are in serious trouble. The current team is either a) not good enough or b) seriously under performing. Probably both. Fenlon has a lot to do.

fatbloke
24-12-2011, 10:41 PM
I suppose if we have aspirations of 6th 7th or 8th Van the man is the very player we should be signing. Do you not think its sad that the likes of him would improve this lot?:boo hoo:

Van bloody Morrison would improve this team just now - fact.

RIP
25-12-2011, 01:27 AM

because we are the only club in the spl who are run by suits with no football acumen who see fit to change the manager every year and with it the squad.

Its an unworkable legacy and we, the supporters are still burying our heads in the sand

Captain Trips
25-12-2011, 02:22 AM

Yes it is managers fault we are sheite as is having so many temp players, nobody said other teams are signing players for 4/5 yrs as a fair few are already at clubs and are settled lets look at Dundee Utd team yesterday, both scorers signed in 2007.

Pernis - Signed 1st jan 2010
Neilson - Just signed till end of season
Gunning - Aug 2011 3yr contract
Dixon - signed 2008
Armstrong - signed 2009 resigned until 2014
Robertson - signed 2008
Rankin - signed 2011 2yr deal
Russell - 2007
Daly -2007
Mckay-Steven - July 2011 2 yr deal

As I said nobody is saying other teams are signing folk for 4/5 years what they have done which we havent is build teams with some consistancy in them, that Utd team is a very good blend with Neilson being the only real short term player, the rest have either a couple of years left or have given at least a couple of years already.

I think you are mistaken if you think our problems are down to just bad signings and players its also down to the amount of time we keep players I can assure you. we have some players on long deals who in past are kept out by folk who are only here for a few months. We have also had situations of lots of players having contracts end at same time like we will have this term with the exception of Doyle I believe all the players we have played as a striker this term, have their contracts run out during or at end of season and IMO that is an utter nonsense.

That SPL table after 19 matches is diabolical reading.

Septimus
25-12-2011, 06:30 AM
The continual thread behind all this is that we believe ourselves to be a selling club. If that is the case why are we not developing our young players? It would appear that successive managers would rather do anything than bring on the talent which is readily available. Off they go to darkest Engerland and buy rubbish which cannot get a game in the lower reaches of their leagues.

Merry Christmas to all.

RIP
25-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Yes it is managers fault we are sheite as is having so many temp players, nobody said other teams are signing players for 4/5 yrs as a fair few are already at clubs and are settled lets look at Dundee Utd team yesterday, both scorers signed in 2007.

Pernis - Signed 1st jan 2010
Neilson - Just signed till end of season
Gunning - Aug 2011 3yr contract
Dixon - signed 2008
Armstrong - signed 2009 resigned in 2014
Robertson - signed 2008
Rankin - signed 2011 2yr deal
Russell - 2007
Daly -2007
Mckay-Steven - July 2011 2 yr deal

As I said nobody is saying other teams are signing folk for 4/5 years what they have done which we havent is build teams with some consistancy in them, that Utd team is a very good blend with Neilson being the only real short term player, the rest have either a couple of years left or have given at least a couple of years already.

I think you are mistaken if you think our problems are down to just bad signings and players its also down to the amount of time we keep players I can assure you. we have some players on long deals who in past are kept out by folk who are only here for a few months. We have also had situations of lots of players having contracts end at same time like we will have this term with the exception of Doyle I believe all the players we have played as a striker this term, have their contracts run out during or at end of season and IMO that is an utter nonsense.

That SPL table after 19 matches is diabolical reading.

brilliant post. Sodje is one example. Finished the season on fire then has to watch while a player with a bad track record for discipline steals his starting slot. Why have pallson booth and towell disappeared. Why did rankin van zanten vaz te much do better away from hibs. Which manager or player in their right mind would sign for us knowing that it could destroy your career within 2 years

Captain Trips
25-12-2011, 10:36 AM
brilliant post. Sodje is one example. Finished the season on fire then has to watch while a player with a bad track record for discipline steals his starting slot. Why have pallson booth and towell disappeared. Why did rankin van zanten vaz te much do better away from hibs. Which manager or player in their right mind would sign for us knowing that it could destroy your career within 2 years

The job in hand is now very difficult, we are looking below us instead of up just now and PF might in window sign some more stop gaps to help avoid relegation and I would understand that but like any signing there is no gaurantee. Identify and sign players fit for purpose on 2+ years, scouts etc time to really earn money. PF thats the job bring in better quality and settle the squad down, if you don't Hibs will remain in lowly SPL placings and you will probably get sacked. As I have said I am not impressed his first signing will be able to sign a pre contract in 1yrs time, no matter whom wanted that contract it in the long term is no good for us.

Eyrie
25-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Continuity doesn't mean bringing players to the club on four year deals and then relying on them working out (eg Martin Scott). It means extending the better players we have here to provide a core which new signings can then build on by replacing those that aren't producing.

Problem is at the moment we have very few players who couldn't be improved on once their contracts run out, which fortunately is soon for most of them.

WE need someone with a an eye for quality, sadly been lacking for a long while at ER.
This.

We now have to hope that Fenlon is much better at identifying talented players than his predecessors were, because if he isn't then we could be spnding a couple of seasons in Division One.

Captain Trips
25-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Continuity doesn't mean bringing players to the club on four year deals and then relying on them working out (eg Martin Scott). It means extending the better players we have here to provide a core which new signings can then build on by replacing those that aren't producing.

Problem is at the moment we have very few players who couldn't be improved on once their contracts run out, which fortunately is soon for most of them.

This.

We now have to hope that Fenlon is much better at identifying talented players than his predecessors were, because if he isn't then we could be spnding a couple of seasons in Division One.

It means both, if we are not producing you then need to sign players and of course making sure anyone here as of now that PF thinks is good should be looked at for staying longer.

Eyrie
25-12-2011, 12:43 PM
It means both, if we are not producing you then need to sign players and of course making sure anyone here as of now that PF thinks is good should be looked at for staying longer.

Which is my point about extending those who settle in well rather than being stuck with non-performers.

Captain Trips
25-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Which is my point about extending those who settle in well rather than being stuck with non-performers.

That is the risk you take with every signing since transfers started, you offer players you think good deals, I think it is right way to go and accept having some dross on a longer contract is for every club the risk but the reward is having the good onrs the same contract. We have to have faith in managers decisions on players.

Monkey Harris
25-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Those days have long gone, and this is a FAR, FAR worse team than Yogi's.

Dark days troops...

Sorry, but two years ago Yogi's team were battling it out with the. Old firm at the top of the league.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Sorry, but two years ago Yogi's team were battling it out with the. Old firm at the top of the league.

Aye but they were lucky. :wink:

Cropley10
25-12-2011, 01:05 PM

Battling it out ? We flirted with second before free falling down the League. Why do you think Yogi got punted?The point i was trying to make was that we thought we were bad then, now look at us.

blackpoolhibs
25-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Battling it out ? We flirted with second before free falling down the League. Why do you think Yogi got punted?The point i was trying to make was that we thought we were bad then, now look at us.

Yip we free fell all the way to 4th.

RIP
26-12-2011, 07:49 PM

We refuse to allow the manager time to build a settled team. The chicken-headed board of suits that ken hee haw about squad building pandering to idiotic supporters frantically clinging to the blind hope that the next signing will be better than the present group.

This is truly the unworkable legacy of the last 4 years at our club

Time to appoint John Collins as Director of Football at East Mains to buils a squad-building strategy for the future