PDA

View Full Version : The Abandoned Motherwell Game

Hibees07
24-12-2011, 02:39 PM
I feel really sorry for Paddy Fenlon as the Motherwell game (which I think we would have won) could have been a massive confidence booster. Unfortunately the Rangers game was always going to be a defeat in my eye's and the opportunity to get that victory boost never materialised.

FWIW I think Paddy will do a good job & hopefully he won't be suffering too much after today's capitulation.

GGTTH :flag:

Hibercelona
24-12-2011, 02:40 PM
I feel really sorry for Paddy Fenlon as the Motherwell game (which I think we would have won) could have been a massive confidence booster. Unfortunately the Rangers game was always going to be a defeat in my eye's and the opportunity to get that victory boost never materialised.

FWIW I think Paddy will do a good job & hopefully he won't be suffering too much after today's capitulation.

GGTTH :flag:

We would some how have managed to lose the game anyway...

SteveHFC
24-12-2011, 02:41 PM
We will get beat!

Sammy7nil
24-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Hibs were 1 up today at HT and lost Comfortably 3 - 1 it may ahve been the same at Fir Park.

Hibees07
24-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Hibs were 1 up today at HT and lost Comfortably 3 - 1 it may ahve been the same at Fir Park.

Your absolutely right it may have been, but for me I was really confident that night after the 1st half performance. There appeared to be a real determination that night.

Bostonhibby
24-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Your absolutely right it may have been, but for me I was really confident that night after the 1st half performance. There appeared to be a real determination that night.

I tend to agree with you, but the last thing we want is a 1 goal lead, rarely hold onto it, usually a gaff of some sort, and we never, ever have a clue or the fight to get back after the other side equalise or get in front. I do feel I am seeing the most sustained spell of poor Hibs teams and performances ever and I was around when Duffy was the front end of the pantomime horse.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 05:23 PM
I tend to agree with you, but the last thing we want is a 1 goal lead, rarely hold onto it, usually a gaff of some sort, and we never, ever have a clue or the fight to get back after the other side equalise or get in front. I do feel I am seeing the most sustained spell of poor Hibs teams and performances ever and I was around when Duffy was the front end of the pantomime horse.

Duffy never started with 3 defeats but i hear what you are saying and fear CC Was at the back of this pantomine Horse wit RP Being at the front of this one PF Is siting on the horse.

BEEJ
24-12-2011, 09:05 PM

We don't know how the Fir Park game would have panned out; but definitely a sickener for it to end the way it did after 45 minutes.

For the game against ICT, we should appoint someone from .net to set fire to a set of floodlights at ER on the hour mark if we are losing. :wink: Game postponed until later in January when we just might have some new players.

TBH, last week was a killer as well. The Dons had one shot on target to our 9(?) and their's was a penalty which in hindsight they should not have been awarded. Even then our keeper got a hand to it and almost saved it. Defeat by the narrowest of margins. Hard to take.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Not seen any footage of the Hearts game today but a Jambo aqauintance of mine texted me today and summed up their game as a run of the mill 3 points and no need to break sweat.