PDA

View Full Version : This is embarrassing Hibs

SteveHFC
24-12-2011, 03:21 PM
11th ******* place. It's isn't Fenlon fault. It's Calderwood fault.

Petrie spend some money in January or **** Off!

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-12-2011, 03:23 PM
There is clearly something not quite right at ER, other teams skilled or not simply roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.

SHUT DOWN EAST MAINS FOR 6 WEEKS AND LET'S GET BACK TO BASIC HARD TRAINING AND GRAFT WITHOUT THE BUBBLE BATHS.

Rant over.

Wotherspiniesta
24-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Why is it we always blame a manager or blame the board?

I'd be blaming these players who are utterly ***** at what they do and week after week buckle under any kind of pressure.

Saorsa
24-12-2011, 03:25 PM

Petrie spend some money in January or **** Off!and he was left there far too long by those running the club.

Littlest Hobo
24-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Just stop pretending that Hanlon,Wotherspoon,Stevenson and co are good players when they clearly are not. RANT OVER!!

Hibercelona
24-12-2011, 03:29 PM
and he was left there far too long by those running the club.

The board, the managers and the players can all hold their head in shame.

It only takes 1 part for a club to play poorly, but it takes the whole lot to be as s***e as that!

Elephant Stone
24-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Cheers, CC. What a mess.

stubru59
24-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Forget tactics, formations and what nots. The current crop of players simply aren't up to it.

We're actually 4-5 players short of being competent, never mind anything else.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Just stop pretending that Hanlon,Wotherspoon,Stevenson and co are good players when they clearly are not. RANT OVER!!

I totally agree mate, they need shifting IMO, take the Fulham money for Hanlon soon Petrie

:rolleyes:

MotherSuperior
24-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Forget tactics, formations and what nots. The current crop of players simply aren't up to it.

Agree^^^^

GreenCastle
24-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Performance related pay :wink:

Fenlon I do think will improve us - but the core at Hibs is still rotten - players / board

Looks like 2nd bottom is the best we will be this season unless real quality is brought in - I also believe relegation threat is more serious than last season when there were a few teams closer - this season it's between us and the pars :rolleyes:

down the slope
24-12-2011, 03:36 PM
As the fat man with the moustache said in August " CC Is the man " the problem was bad then and it might have helped if teflon Don had shut his face and let CC move but oh no he knows a good manager when he sees one ! . Petrie should be sacked for overseeing this debacle .

Hibercelona
24-12-2011, 03:38 PM

:agree:

I always hear folk saying "Well so&so shows wee occational glimpses of magic.... etc" :blah:

Its not wee occational glimpses of magic we need, its a team of players that have the strength and desire to fight for everything on the field, to show an infinite amount of passion, to play as a team and look to destroy any opposition they're up against, regardless of who it is.

Newhaven
24-12-2011, 03:40 PM
It's Calderwood fault.

There's your answer. Easy to say in hindsight but he should have been emptied in the summer.

Nailrod
24-12-2011, 03:42 PM

Petrie spend some money in January or **** Off!

There isn't any money. We're now losing money. All the money we had has been p*ssed down the drain over the last five years on about two hundred (literally) useless journeymen, 99% of whom have transited the club, picked up their wage while they were here, and disappeared into oblivion without leaving a trace or a memory of their passage. Brilliant strategy.

Besides, even if there was any money, the last people in the world I would want to have any involvement whatsoever in how it was spent would be the current Board of Directors.

Spike Mandela
24-12-2011, 03:47 PM
There isn't any money. We're now losing money. All the money we had has been p*ssed down the drain over the last five years on about two hundred (literally) useless journeymen, 99% of whom have transited the club, picked up their wage while they were here, and disappeared into oblivion without leaving a trace or a memory of their passage. Brilliant strategy.

Besides, even if there was any money, the last people in the world I would want to have any involvement whatsoever in how it was spent would be the current Board of Directors.

Without investment in this Hibs team this team will get relegated. If not this year maybe next. We simply are at rock bottom player wise and if there simply is no money left in the pot we are ****ed.

Nailrod
24-12-2011, 03:49 PM
There's your answer. Easy to say in hindsight but he should have been emptied in the summer.

Nothing to do with hindsight mate. We didn't win a single one of our last ten games of last season, despite the fact that eight of them were against what would be the bottom six sides. In taking one point from our last five games we set a record for the worst-ever performance by a bottom six side post-split. How thick did anybody have to be to carry on imagining that Calderwood had the makings of a successful manager?

GoldenMeerkat
24-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Calderwood is a nipple and Ebeneezer Petrie is a fud!

:monkey:

Top Pans Hibby
24-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Pat Fenlon suggesting on BBC that the squad may not be fit enough!!!

Saorsa
24-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Pat Fenlon suggesting on BBC that the squad may not be fit enough!!!Most people watching Hibs for the last 4 seasons could have telt him that. Nae point in a £5 Million training centre if you're going tae fill it with humpty coaches and poor journeymen.

Jones28
24-12-2011, 03:54 PM

Oh aye of course, blame the 3 young players that have actually been half decent since Fenlon came in :rolleyes:

We need a new CB, O'Hanlon is - for whatever reason - not good enough, as well as a right back. Add a creative midfielder and a Hayes (ICT) or even Russell from Dundee UTD and there is your team.

Why do we just seem to capitulate under pressure? There was no sign of a fightback in the second half either once UTD equalised.

Ferryhibby
24-12-2011, 03:54 PM
i seriously cant see us winning another game, ive been optimistic in the past, i thought we were a little better in the past few games ans wondered how we would cope if we could score first......well that was it whatever confidence we had must have evaporated now.....confidence is a two way thing other teams now look on us as a soft touch, easily beaten, so there confidence levels are up before the game starts and we dont have anyone on the pitch capable of turning that round.....yet....depending on who PF brings in january that is.....hope to christ theyr all in at east mains tomorrow they dont deserve a day off.

Hibercelona
24-12-2011, 03:56 PM

It's words like "May" or "Maybe" that worry me most.

I'd rather he'd just come out and say "They are NOT fit enough for the jersey and should be completely disgraced with themselves".

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Bin the ****in lot, none are any good.

greenlex
24-12-2011, 03:59 PM
CHEER UP FFS. ITS CHRISTMAS:dizzy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hibiedude
24-12-2011, 03:59 PM
I have the answer :agree: Don't pay the players and they might leave because it seems to work down Haymarket way.

We are rank rotten and anyone thinking different is only kidding themselves.

Only hope we have is if Dunfermline keep loosing because nothing else is going to save us.

We need 5-6 players in the transfer window because we are that Bad.

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Nothing to do with hindsight mate. We didn't win a single one of our last ten games of last season, despite the fact that eight of them were against what would be the bottom six sides. In taking one point from our last five games we set a record for the worst-ever performance by a bottom six side post-split. How thick did anybody have to be to carry on imagining that Calderwood had the makings of a successful manager?

You are right. The writing was on the wall months ago. The last five results of last season cost the club a fortune and only Petrie can explain why he turned down money for Calderwood in the summer. That decision could go down as one of the biggest blunders in the clubs history.

hibiedude
24-12-2011, 04:02 PM

He should have said they are not GOOD enough.

Hibercelona
24-12-2011, 04:02 PM
We need a new CB, O'Hanlon is - for whatever reason - not good enough, as well as a right back. Add a creative midfielder and a Hayes (ICT) or even Russell from Dundee UTD and there is your team.

We need far more than that. Apart from Stack, each and every other player who is in that squad looks 100% spineless. Any occational decent player who does make his way to the squad, always has one eye on their next move out.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2011, 04:03 PM
On the plus side, I am back in the cosy hoose already. On the negative side, well too much to list. If that second half was not hitting rock bottom, then we surely can't be far from it.

Sammy7nil
24-12-2011, 04:05 PM
We need far more than that. Apart from Stack, each and every other player who is in that squad looks 100% spineless. Any occational decent player who does make his way to the squad, always has one eye on their next move out.

Stack :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Have you mot been watching Hibs recently he is an absolute liabilty.

Hibernia Na Eir
24-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm past caring.
hurry up Santa!!!

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2011, 04:06 PM
CHEER UP FFS. ITS CHRISTMAS:dizzy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Unlike that lot on the other side of the city, when was the last time Hibs gave their loyal supporters a decent festive period? The fans are systematicly being beaten into the ground.

The Falcon
24-12-2011, 04:09 PM
You are right. The writing was on the wall months ago. The last five results of last season cost the club a fortune and only Petrie can explain why he turned down money for Calderwood in the summer. That decision could go down as one of the biggest blunders in the clubs history.

He already did :rolleyes:

greenlex
24-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Unlike that lot on the other side of the city, when was the last time Hibs gave their loyal supporters a decent festive period? The fans are systematicly being beaten into the ground.
So cheer up ya miserable auld sod. :greengrin

Houchy
24-12-2011, 04:20 PM
On the plus side, I am back in the cosy hoose already. On the negative side, well too much to list. If that second half was not hitting rock bottom, then we surely can't be far from it.

Nope, we're not "rock bottom", there's rock bottom, 50' of sh@t and then us!!!

I know some were worried last year but Calderwood has taken us to a whole other level.

loanheadhibby
24-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Bin the ****in lot, none are any good.

Agreed. If I read/hear one more player telling us they have under performed I will crack up. It pains me but they are just crap.

AlbertK86
24-12-2011, 04:22 PM

The only players from the current squad i would keep are Ozzy Booth Murray GOC Doyle. The rest can eff right off and take the board with them. The club is rotten to the core.

PF cannot be blamed. He must wonder wot the eff he has taken on. Probably a good ting we got smoked again. He will realise he needs a massive turn around in personnel next month

Saorsa
24-12-2011, 04:32 PM
The only players from the current squad i would keep are Ozzy Booth Murray GOC Doyle. The rest can eff right off and take the board with them. The club is rotten to the core.

PF cannot be blamed. He must wonder wot the eff he has taken on. Probably a good ting we got smoked again. He will realise he needs a massive turn around in personnel next monthHe may need it, I doubt very much he'll get it, in fact I'll venture tae say he winnae, nae chance.

greenlex
24-12-2011, 04:37 PM
He may need it, I doubt very much he'll get it, in fact I'll venture tae say he winnae, nae chance.

I think he will get it J. there are a lot of the p[layers out of contract in 5 -6 months in any case. If we were 6 points better off and playing better I would have said there wouldnt be much coming in but there is a desperate need for an injection of better players in key areas to stay up IMO. Money will be found to fund this for the six months. Relegation is not an option and will be far more costly in the long run.
Hurray up January.:flag:

Alfred E Newman
24-12-2011, 04:44 PM
So cheer up ya miserable auld sod. :greengrin

You might think the situation the club is in is funny, I don`t.

Saorsa
24-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I think he will get it J. there are a lot of the p[layers out of contract in 5 -6 months in any case. If we were 6 points better off and playing better I would have said there wouldnt be much coming in but there is a desperate need for an injection of better players in key areas to stay up IMO. Money will be found to fund this for the six months. Relegation is not an option and will be far more costly in the long run.
Hurray up January.:flag:Well I hope you're right and I'm wrong. Creative midfielder, CH tae replace the poor mans Murdoch, and a RB tae replace that guy that's slower than me with a walking stick. At the very least.

alfieboi75
24-12-2011, 04:52 PM

After twenty mins, Sproule wiz struggling. The way Fenlon has the team playing....none of the players have strength n stamina to last 90mins.....

Just hope there shall be many signings for Hibs come January!

Littlest Hobo
24-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Next derby, there will be many an empty seat.

We will lose as per usual.

We will be relegated.

Unless we spend some money on good quality players. Not just one or two but four or five.

Your move MR PETRIE. OVER + OUT!!

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Players needed imo are.

RB
CB
LB
RM
CM
LM
CF

7 players at least, just to compete for a top 6 place.

nortonhibby
24-12-2011, 04:58 PM
What i dont get is the norm when a new manager starts at a new club is you get a bounce in results its normally short term but that is what normally happens.

PF Has came in and nothing has changed apart from CC Standing at the side looking confused we have PF.

The ICT Game is a big one because if we lose we will be totally stranded at the bottom side by side with Dunfy who are totally rubbish.

There needs to be an input of new players in January id settle for a crappy 1-0 win against ICT Even if it goes in by a deflection of someones back side ICT Thumped Killie just not that long ago so we need to defend better keep it tight a clean sheet would be welcome.

GreenCastle
24-12-2011, 04:58 PM
When was the last time a Hibs game was enjoyable and when was the last time over 90 mins plus we played well.

I've seen a few 7 / 10 - 8 / 10 first halves but rarely over 90 mins.

This is simply not good enough.

The manner which we are losing is shocking.

The Motherwell game would have been interesting to see what had happened in the 2nd half in Fenlons 1st game but the rest is history.

The mentality needs to change at the club - we need strong characters - players the fans can relate to and get excited about - right now we have players that once the tough gets going hide or loss discipline.

The only good thing CC did was bring in some players to give us a lift in January which in the end saved us last season - however the end of last seasons performance were disgraceful. Will Fenlon be able to do the same ?

Saorsa
24-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Players needed imo are.

RB
CB
LB
RM
CM
LM
CF

7 players at least, just to compete for a top 6 place.better forget about top six then and concentrate on avoiding the drop because 7 players just isnae going tae happen IMO.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 05:03 PM
better forget about top six then and concentrate on avoiding the drop because 7 players just isnae going tae happen IMO.

I gave up on that a long time ago. When folk were telling me we were only a couple of wins off it, i thought they were talking bollox. Nowts changed

BroxburnHibee
24-12-2011, 05:04 PM
On what I watched today the whole first team could go.

Absolutely soul destroying watching that

BT58
24-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Let PF get his own team
Maybe this time next term we moaners ( yip me included)
will be put in our place!!!!
CC/JH have left us with a crap team/squad,,,
This season is a write off,, if we survive,, then great
We need 4 new players in NOW,, i hope PF brings in other players before january(pre window)to gel

Cropley10
24-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Let PF get his own team
Maybe this time next term we moaners ( yip me included)
will be put in our place!!!!
CC/JH have left us with a crap team/squad,,,
This season is a write off,, if we survive,, then great
We need 4 new players in NOW,, i hope PF brings in other players before january(pre window)to gel

But it's truly Groundhog Day. Every window we say a total clearout is needed, get rid of the deadwood and so on. I agree btw that we need to clear out but part of our issue is that we recruit terrible, terrible, gutless cr@p players...

Cropley10
24-12-2011, 05:12 PM
After twenty mins, Sproule wiz struggling. The way Fenlon has the team playing....none of the players have strength n stamina to last 90mins.....

Just hope there shall be many signings for Hibs come January!

Signing Sproule was just one of Calderwood's many mistakes.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2011, 05:14 PM
But it's truly Groundhog Day. Every window we say a total clearout is needed, get rid of the deadwood and so on. I agree btw that we need to clear out but part of our issue is that we recruit terrible, terrible, gutless cr@p players...

:agree: Calderclown was given so much time because it was said he inherited crap, now we have to get rid of calderclowns dross before we can judge Fenlon.

What ever happened to managers managing what they have? Saying that he does have more than his fair share of crap. It truely is groundhog day. :rolleyes:

aberhibsfc
24-12-2011, 05:40 PM
I have the answer :agree: Don't pay the players and they might leave because it seems to work down Haymarket way.

We are rank rotten and anyone thinking different is only kidding themselves.

Only hope we have is if Dunfermline keep loosing because nothing else is going to save us.

We need 5-6 players in the transfer window because we are that Bad.

:agree:Can't believe that unpaid players can perform better, but then I remembered, they are probably touting their abilities and availability to prospective new clubs as opposed to playing for the bloody turd jersey. Think Feb onwards will be a different ball game for them.

I couldn't care less where we come against Hearts this season as long as it's not bottom. When we were last relegated I had a mood worse than I could imagine and fell out with the folks for a few days. It's football but when you care, it hurts.

RickyS
24-12-2011, 05:42 PM
:agree: Calderclown was given so much time because it was said he inherited crap, now we have to get rid of calderclowns dross before we can judge Fenlon.

What ever happened to managers managing what they have? Saying that he does have more than his fair share of crap. It truely is groundhog day. :rolleyes:

i'm sick hearing all this stuff about giving managers time. everyone knows (managers included) that you generally don't get time. McCall at Well is the classic example. not got a penny to his name, losing players to Conference teams and a budget which is a third of ours. CC deserved the sack, simple as that and he did not deserve more time. any gaffer would lose his job with his win record. To be given time you have to demonstrate improvement, otherwise your failing.

Postman
24-12-2011, 05:47 PM
That really was hard to sit through today and for the first time in years I left well before the final whistle. You just know there is never going to be a fightback when you finally fall behind because there is no leader out there to pull them together. Really hoped that was what we'd get with O'Hanlon but he's nowhere near good enough. Hanlon is never a leader and then you look around the team and its worrying. Lewis Stevenson is never going to be good enough for this level and I really wish Sproule had never come back to the club as he'll be remembered more for this spell than his first and he has been poor at best! The lack of progress in the last few seasons of players like Wotherspoon and Galbraith is also concerning considering they are being given the best facilities available to learn their trade, the coaches have a lot to answer for!

The_Todd
24-12-2011, 05:48 PM
:agree:Can't believe that unpaid players can perform better, but then I remembered, they are probably touting their abilities and availability to prospective new clubs as opposed to playing for the bloody turd jersey. Think Feb onwards will be a different ball game for them.

Well, it's because they're better players to begin with. Of course, it's because they have these better players they're in this mess to begin with, but that's why they're better than us paid or not.

Kaiser1962
24-12-2011, 05:52 PM
i'm sick hearing all this stuff about giving managers time. everyone knows (managers included) that you generally don't get time. McCall at Well is the classic example. not got a penny to his name, losing players to Conference teams and a budget which is a third of ours. CC deserved the sack, simple as that and he did not deserve more time. any gaffer would lose his job with his win record. To be given time you have to demonstrate improvement, otherwise your failing.

No it's not.

Kaiser1962
24-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Well, it's because they're better players to begin with. Of course, it's because they have these better players they're in this mess to begin with, but that's why they're better than us paid or not.

In a nutshell.

RickyS
24-12-2011, 09:30 PM
No it's not.

apologies, typed in anger:greengrin
in the 2009/10 figures we had a whole 1.4million more to spend tho