PDA

View Full Version : Question Derby in Thailand

Slicer
24-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Looking like i'll be in Koh Phangan for the derby. Anyone know if anywhere there shows Scottish football?

Cheers

marti1875
24-12-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure about over there but here on Samui it'll be showing for sure! I spoke to the owner of the Islander bar last night and he said any scottish footie he will definately get and will be showing, mind you he used to always show it anyway on my own wee personal tv at the back of the bar as no-one else was interested, lol.

s2hart
24-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Try the irish bar in Thong Sala opposite the ferry terminal, I wouldn't give much hope!

SneakersO'Toole
24-12-2011, 10:40 AM
About 5years ago I watched a derby on Koh Samui. It was an irish bar on chaweng beach, tropical murphys I think it was called. Hopefully they still show Scottish Football.

God Petrie
24-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Was in Koh Pha Ngan last year at this time

Had to watch it in an Internet cafe on bet365.com because no pubs had it.

marti1875
28-12-2011, 10:36 AM
About 5years ago I watched a derby on Koh Samui. It was an irish bar on chaweng beach, tropical murphys I think it was called. Hopefully they still show Scottish Football.

Aye, Tropical Murphy's usually show all the footie as well as the Islander, just have to ask them in advance and they will show it for sure, just no idea about Koh Phangan though as it's coming up to full moon new years mega party so probably struggle over there to find somewhere with the satellite/digi boxes i think.

beensaidbefore
28-12-2011, 03:19 PM
get the ferry over to koh samui, chaweng beach. then hit the green mango until solo bar opens, that stays open til 5 or 6. after that you could just get a taxi back to ferry terminal, than have the worst return journey bobbing up and down a dodgy boat while feeling rough as hell?? alteernatively, you only live once, and who knows, without trying too hard, youl probably be able to find yourself a bed for the night....:wink:

Hibbyradge
28-12-2011, 07:26 PM
If any of you are home I'm January and want to exchange some Thai money for Sterling, give of a shout.

It may be mutually beneficial.