PDA

View Full Version : Sir Tom Farmer Stand........

mca
23-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.. but my reliable friend has just informed me that the board were considering putting a proposal to the hibs supporters to change the name of the west stand to the - sir tom farmer stand.. :agree:

Does this mean the guy now wants oot or just some recognition for saving hibs from going the same way as hearts ????

or maybe he is planning to build a brand new stand with hotels and clubs and hooses built in ???

altho - as much as the guy is slated now and again - his money did save hibs !!!

anyone else heard anything.. :cb

HibeeMG
23-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Not heard anything but I would be all for that. :agree:

I wouldn't read anything into the board wanting to put the proposal forward.

CentreLine
23-12-2011, 10:35 PM
I'd be surprised if STF wanted that kind of recogntion but certainly all for it personally. I think SRF and his family history are so deeply engrained in the club it would be the right thing to consider

7 Hills
23-12-2011, 10:43 PM
It's the very least the man deserves! And he is far from egotistical - he was given an award for his philanthropy a few years ago at the Scottish Parliament and he admitted afterwards that he was ready to run away before the ceremony due to nerves!

lucky
23-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Im in favour. He saved hibs so deserves to recognised for that.

Kevvy1875
23-12-2011, 10:51 PM
I'd be surprised if STF wanted that kind of recogntion but certainly all for it personally. I think SRF and his family history are so deeply engrained in the club it would be the right thing to consider

Agree 100%

The board recognize what STF done for Hibs. Would be a fitting tribute to Tom & Philip Farmer to perhaps call it the Farmer Stand? Oooo arrrr....!:greengrin

People openly slate STF on here for being tight with the purse strings but at the end of the day no one could say he has ever done badly by Hibs. Only plus points as far as I am concerned. I think this fact is rammed home when you have a glance over at our city rivals current position and well being. They do not have a STF or he would have came forward as the alternative to Vlad 6 yrs ago. Tough titty eh.

Kudos STF, thanks for stepping in and putting Hibs back on an even Keel. You are in the Hibs history books to come as a legend for that, of this there can be no doubt.

monktonharp
23-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.. but my reliable friend has just informed me that the board were considering putting a proposal to the hibs supporters to change the name of the west stand to the - sir tom farmer stand.. :agree:

Does this mean the guy now wants oot or just some recognition for saving hibs from going the same way as hearts ????

or maybe he is planning to build a brand new stand with hotels and clubs and hooses built in ???

altho - as much as the guy is slated now and again - his money did save hibs !!!

anyone else heard anything.. :cbmaybe just wants his hands on the auld church next door. to turn it intae a tyre and exhaust centre:wink: he does deserve recognition though, and I would not be against that.

BEEJ
24-12-2011, 10:43 AM
It would be a fitting tribute to the man. :agree:

The statue will have to follow after he has passed away - his modesty would make this a non-starter while he's still alive. :wink:

Capt Mainwaring
24-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Would be a great gesture and tribute to Sir Tom. All for it:agree:

Golden Bear
24-12-2011, 10:55 AM
The fact that Hibs Net exists today and we're able to discuss the issue is testament to the contribution Sir Tom made in saving Hibernian FC.

I for one will be eternally grateful and naming the West Stand after him would be a fitting tribute.

:aok:

whiskyhibby
24-12-2011, 12:20 PM
The fact that Hibs Net exists today and we're able to discuss the issue is testament to the contribution Sir Tom made in saving Hibernian FC.

I for one will be eternally grateful and naming the West Stand after him would be a fitting tribute.

:aok:

Could not have put it better myself !!

KeithTheHibby
24-12-2011, 12:31 PM
I would fully support this.

If it had not been for STF 20 years ago the club would not be where we are today.

On the park we are rank rotten but if it had not been for STF and his continued support I seriously doubt we would have the stadium, training centre and general infrastructure in place.

Big Frank
24-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Fully support this.

HibsNutter
24-12-2011, 01:32 PM
He saved us from extinction. He can have the stadium named after him if he wants!

smurf
24-12-2011, 02:00 PM
In favour.

Do we still officially call the Famous Five Stand that though?

LancashireHibby
24-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Do we still officially call the Famous Five Stand that though?

Yes we do, I can't say I've ever heard it being referred to as the North Stand.

Top Pans Hibby
24-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Club is in turmoil and we're staring relegation in the face....tell you what let's name a stand after Farmer. That'll fix everything.....give me strength

Fife-Hibee
24-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Club is in turmoil and we're staring relegation in the face....tell you what let's name a stand after Farmer. That'll fix everything.....give me strength

Hey' this is a happy thread, .... off:devil:

Top Pans Hibby
24-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey' this is a happy thread, .... off:devil:

And merry christmas to you too Fife!

Highland Hibby
24-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Personally Id prefer to see a Turnbulls Tornadoes stand first, personally, just personally mind i think stand names should be kept for players/teams.

Skanko79
24-12-2011, 03:10 PM
They can call it what they want it will probably be shut next season to cut costs when we are in the 1st division.

Franck Stanton
24-12-2011, 03:22 PM
They can call it what they want it will probably be shut next season to cut costs when we are in the 1st division.

Unfortunately, [and I say this with heavy heart], I think you may well be correct.