PDA

View Full Version : NHC Blackburn Fans

Wotherspiniesta
23-12-2011, 06:11 PM
What's everyone's opinions on this?

Personally I think the abuse is way over the top. I don't understand what the fans are after. They seem to be a club living on past glories and in the last few years have generally been scraping around trying to avoid relegation. So what's the problem now? Kean has always come across very dignified and speaks with a passion that we could only have dreamt about under Calderwood.

I've just watched a clip on Sky sports with one of these "fans" protesting about Kean. She said something along the lines of " It's just terrible what's happening to our club, I caught the bug for Blackburn Rovers from an early age and I want to be able to pass it onto my son" The camera pans to the wee boy by her side about 5 year old looking completely bored holding a poster of " Kean out" that his mother has obviously forced him to hold for the day.

Are fans expectations too high on occasions? Definate yes for me on this one!

* this is a thread about Blackburn and their fans, any nonsense about Man City/United and I'll delete it*

joe breezy
23-12-2011, 06:24 PM
The decision to sack Allardyce was a bad one.
When that kind of thing happens the unpopular choice has to prove himself if he's to win the fans over.

e.g. If Alan Pardew hadn't done so well at Newcastle he would have got abuse.

Kean's been unfortunate and taking the brunt of things that maybe should be aimed at the owners?

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-12-2011, 06:29 PM
There is something about Kean that I find very difficult to warm to and I wonder if some of what he is saying gets misinterpreted. Like when CC said that he was not under pressure, that came across as I don't really care. When the Blackburn owners punted Allardyce, I think they needed to bring in a bigger name.

Broken Gnome
23-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Blackburn fans are very quick to jump on the media and neutrals that show sympathy to Kean, like we don't know the full story. Not sure his personal issues have helped his cause much either. The protests hint at a serious dislike of him as opposed to solely footballing reasons.

easty
23-12-2011, 06:32 PM
He's not doing a good job. I don't see why there's any surprise that the fans want him out. The way I see it, he's prolonging his own agony, he's going to get sacked sooner rather than later. Why put up with the abuse? A mutual termination would best suit him and Blackburn.

Bostonhibby
23-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Been to Blackburn a few times, last time for the Hibs friendly, great place, good bunch of fans in my opinion, managers not exactly setting the heather alight but really does seem like he is trying, if he fails and deserves the pressure from the fans for football reasons alone, fine.

I am just not sure that until very recently that a distinction has been drawn between the manager and the owners and am glad that now that is starting to be the case. Truth might be that the manager is where he is because the owners haven't a scooby about fitba?

Wotherspiniesta
23-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Blackburn fans are very quick to jump on the media and neutrals that show sympathy to Kean, like we don't know the full story. Not sure his personal issues have helped his cause much either. The protests hint at a serious dislike of him as opposed to solely footballing reasons.

What personal issues?

The Blackburn fans all seem to think the problem they have with Kean is such a deep rooted, personal problem??

All I see is a guy trying his best to build a team

Part/Time Supporter
23-12-2011, 06:36 PM

I think there's a suggestion that Kean played some kind of role in getting Allardyce the sack in the first place, along with Jerome Anderson. Anderson is a fairly well-known agent who was appointed by the Venkys soon after they took over. Allardyce (who was not an Anderson client) was sacked and Kean (who is) was appointed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Anderson_%28football_agent%29

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8212027/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-warns-rise-of-the-agents-represents-a-serious-threat-to-footballs-future.html

Cropley10
23-12-2011, 06:47 PM
They're a disgrace. Delusions of grandeur. They get rid of Kean, then what??

BoltonHibee
23-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Blackburn or should I say the Venky's do not have a pot to piss in. Exit Allardyce and his team.

Kean is recognised as a good coach, possibly not a manager. Venky's in the last few weeks improved Kean's contract!

The faceless owners have left Kean to fight all and sundry on his own! They are the gutless ones and that's where the fans ire should be directed.

Kean has also had an horrendous injury list to contend with, with what is in effect a makeshift back 4.

He has conducted himself in an absolutely fantastic way, and should not have to put up with that sort of venom. The football now is a sideshow at Blackburn, and the owners should remove him from his post before this goes any further.

I can understand how upset the fans are, but really they should be calling for the real culprits heads.

Albion Hibs
23-12-2011, 07:01 PM
this is a great thread. There is probably countless clubs that could have such a thread on their .net equivilent, but on hibs.net, the club that gives its managers 12 calendar months, boos its own players etc. I find the whole effort a little ironic.

Part/Time Supporter
23-12-2011, 07:04 PM

They appoint a competent manager who keeps them in the division they've been in for 19 of the last 20 years?

:dunno:

Beefster
23-12-2011, 07:12 PM
So what's the problem now? Kean has always come across very dignified and speaks with a passion that we could only have dreamt about under Calderwood.

I thought that the problem was obvious - he's won a ridiculously low number of games and if his year had been in one season, they'd have been relegated. How much passion he has is an irrelevance if he's not up to the job.

jgl07
23-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Blackburn are historically a Second Division (Championship) club. That is about what their support will sustain.

Then along came Jack Walker and his money. Rovers brought in Kenny Dalglish and they were promoted and won the Premiership.

Now they can no longer rely on the cash injections they are feeling the pinch and seem to be lashing out at the wrong target.

The Venky's have been badly advised by an agent, Jerome Anderson, on the make. They signed Myles Anderson from Aberdeen reserves. I assume that he is some relation to Jerome Anderson.

I don' see what difference sacking Kean will do whatever his limitations as a coach. I would guess that a number of potential managers will give Blackburn a very wide berth after the treatment of Kean.

It has to be harming the team. They have lost seven matches at home compared to four defeats away.

BoltonHibee
23-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Blackburn are historically a Second Division (Championship) club. That is about what their support will sustain.

Then along came Jack Walker and his money. Rovers brought in Kenny Dalglish and they were promoted and won the Premiership.

Now they can no longer rely on the cash injections they are feeling the pinch and seem to be lashing out at the wrong target.

The Venky's have been badly advised by an agent, Jerome Anderson, on the make. They signed Myles Anderson from Aberdeen reserves. I assume that he is some relation to Jerome Anderson.

I don' see what difference sacking Kean will do whatever his limitations as a coach. I would guess that a number of potential managers will give Blackburn a very wide berth after the treatment of Kean.

It has to be harming the team. They have lost seven matches at home compared to four defeats away.

I think you should check your facts about their history :)

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Agree, there is more in to this I think, but at least the fans show solidarity to oust whoever unlike that spineless bunch of deluded tramps in the west of the city

Northernhibee
23-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Worst fans in British football.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2011, 07:33 PM
I think football managers expect to receive some flak from time to time, it sort of comes with the territory of being in charge of a football club.

However, I do think that the criticism that Kean has received has been completely over the top and it has become more and more personal as the weeks go by. He must have incredibly thick skin to want to keep on putting himself in that position every week.

Even David Moyes was so disgusted with the way the fans were treating Kean in the game against Bolton that he left at half time in protest.

No job is worth all the hassle that he is getting now and I think if I was him then I would be packing it in and looking for alternative employment.

I understand the fans not being happy. They're bottom of the league and looking like being relegated but I totally agree with the manager (can't remember who it was) that said that if they had been more supportive of their team the other night, instead of shouting abuse against Kean and the owners, they might have had a better chance of winning against Bolton.

Bostonhibby
23-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Blackburn or should I say the Venky's do not have a pot to piss in. Exit Allardyce and his team.

Kean is recognised as a good coach, possibly not a manager. Venky's in the last few weeks improved Kean's contract!

The faceless owners have left Kean to fight all and sundry on his own! They are the gutless ones and that's where the fans ire should be directed.

Kean has also had an horrendous injury list to contend with, with what is in effect a makeshift back 4.

He has conducted himself in an absolutely fantastic way, and should not have to put up with that sort of venom. The football now is a sideshow at Blackburn, and the owners should remove him from his post before this goes any further.

I can understand how upset the fans are, but really they should be calling for the real culprits heads.

The Venkys ain't a million miles from one David Rowlands in terms of their motives and their feel for the club they currently own in my view, they used Kean just as you describe.

He seems a committed guy to me, might have got canned before now because of the results, but the owners have used him as a front for whatever their motives are, it will cost them £ to shift him and they will be viewing the whole thing on a profit and loss basis. He was probably their least expensive option as they set about trying to achieve whatever their aims are. I had an uneasy feeling when I seen the baloons parading themselves on the pitch when the takeover went through, very Romanovesque :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
this is a great thread. There is probably countless clubs that could have such a thread on their .net equivilent, but on hibs.net, the club that gives its managers 12 calendar months, boos its own players etc. I find the whole effort a little ironic.

It was just a matter of time before a response like this.

When have Hibs ever protested about a manager as much as the Blackburn fans have done with Kean? T-Shirts? Heckling the man when he turns up for work? "We're not leaving til he's sacked" chants etc.

A Hibs manager has never had to put up with that much stick.

essexhibee
Its waaaay over the top. Before and after the game maybe...but to protest during a game which you need to win is down right ridiculous. How, when in a crucial six pointer, is it going to be constructive to the team getting back into the game to start protesting,booing, shouting the manager etc. which will ultimately affect the team?

:rolleyes:

BoltonHibee
23-12-2011, 07:42 PM
The Venkys ain't a million miles from one David Rowlands in terms of their motives and their feel for the club they currently own in my view, they used Kean just as you describe.

He seems a committed guy to me, might have got canned before now because of the results, but the owners have used him as a front for whatever their motives are, it will cost them £ to shift him and they will be viewing the whole thing on a profit and loss basis. He was probably their least expensive option as they set about trying to achieve whatever their aims are. I had an uneasy feeling when I seen the baloons parading themselves on the pitch when the takeover went through, very Romanovesque :greengrin

Good analogies :)

LancashireHibby
23-12-2011, 07:43 PM
The abuse at the game on Tuesday night was absolutely unreal, the TV coverage didn't show the half of it. We were stood up for the entire 90 minutes in the Bolton end because all the stewards were too preoccupied trying to stop the Rovers fans getting on the pitch every 2 minutes to tell us to sit down!

What people are conveniently forgetting is that they gave Allardyce's dogs abuse as well shortly before Venky's sacked him.

As a Wanderers fan you can obviously imagine I'm enjoying seeing Blackburn struggle on the pitch, but the abuse Kean is getting is far and away beyond the grounds of decency. As a comparison to the Calderwood situation, Blackburn's players look far more motivated to play for their manager, yet our protests didn't even go as far as a halfarsed effort protest by a few dozen people after the Dunfermline game.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2011, 07:56 PM

I'll bet Steve Kean wishes he was getting the same level of "abuse" that Colin Calderwood was getting from the Hibs fans towards the end of his reign.

It's not even remotely comparable.

Nuitdelune
23-12-2011, 08:27 PM
I feel sorry for him as a fellow Scot but I thought there was something a bit 'sleekit' about how he took over when Big Sam was sacked and now he is looking pathetic. That said too much poison fom the fans getting out of control

Andy74
23-12-2011, 08:37 PM
I think it's up to Blackburn fans. We rightly hate when others tell us we are expecting too much and couldn't do any better.

That said I think he has been unlucky but it's all about results isn't it?

Since90+2
23-12-2011, 08:38 PM

He is his son.

tamig
23-12-2011, 08:39 PM

Sounds kind of like another set of fans I could think of :wink:

Albion Hibs
23-12-2011, 10:30 PM
It was just a matter of time before a response like this.

When have Hibs ever protested about a manager as much as the Blackburn fans have done with Kean? T-Shirts? Heckling the man when he turns up for work? "We're not leaving til he's sacked" chants etc.

A Hibs manager has never had to put up with that much stick.

I am glad it has not come as a surprise to you, clearly shows you were thinking it as you wrote it.

I saw plenty of fans calling calderwood all sorts, protesting outside the stadium etc. Do you not remember that?

I'll bet Steve Kean wishes he was getting the same level of "abuse" that Colin Calderwood was getting from the Hibs fans towards the end of his reign.

It's not even remotely comparable.

I am highlighing the irony that there are so many on here seem to think it is a disgrace yet they spend every waking minute on here hammering our own manager turning their back on the team by not attending games to support the team, yet what is happening down the road is a million miles divorced from what we have seen at easter road with Mixu, Yogi (both former players of the club) and Calderwood.

I am not for a minute saying I agree with what the blackburn fans are right to do what they are doing, but some people on here seem plenty happy sit on their high horse an comment on the state of the next door neighbours back garden.

When we as a club 100% support every manager, get behind them 100% then maybe they have a leg to stand on.

Wotherspiniesta
23-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I am glad it has not come as a surprise to you, clearly shows you were thinking it as you wrote it.

I saw plenty of fans calling calderwood all sorts, protesting outside the stadium etc. Do you not remember that?

I was thinking someone would come along and compare it to our situation, yes.

And yes, I remember a few grumbles from Easter road on matchdays, a lot of moaning on here and about 30 people "protesting" after the Dunfy game.

However, it's still nothing compared to what Kean has put up with the last few weeks.

Albion Hibs
23-12-2011, 10:58 PM
I was thinking someone would come along and compare it to our situation, yes.

And yes, I remember a few grumbles from Easter road on matchdays, a lot of moaning on here and about 30 people "protesting" after the Dunfy game.

However, it's still nothing compared to what Kean has put up with the last few weeks.

As I said, ironic to say the least.

LancashireHibby
23-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Calderwood was given stick, rightly so IMHO, because he couldn't motivate an orgy in a brothel. That stick has related to the performance of the team and nothing else. Kean on the other hand has got a side who seemingly still want to play for him, hence their improved second half performance on Tuesday, yet their 'fans' have given Kean the abuse to such an extent that they booed their own side's goal celebration when Yakubu ran to Kean the other week. I think it's pretty wide of the mark to suggest Hibs fans gave anything even remotely on the scale of the abuse that Kean is getting at the minute. And ours must be the better way seeing as we got a new boss yet Blackburn haven't :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
23-12-2011, 11:17 PM
When we as a club 100% support every manager, get behind them 100% then maybe they have a leg to stand on.

So we're not allowed to have an opinion on a fans protest that has clear to every man and their dog that it's gone over the top until we support every manager we have 100%, no matter how inept performances get? :rolleyes:

Maybe we should stop commenting on Hearts player not getting paid until we are employed by Vladimir Romanov?

Albion Hibs
23-12-2011, 11:26 PM
So we're not allowed to have an opinion on a fans protest that has clear to every man and their dog that it's gone over the top until we support every manager we have 100%, no matter how inept performances get? :rolleyes:

Maybe we should stop commenting on Hearts player not getting paid until we are employed by Vladimir Romanov?

Again you are missing the point which does not surprise me in the slightest.

You are effectively arguing a shade of black is "blacker". As I said if we are always behind someone then fine, as per my first post there are plenty of clubs who stand by there managers and players to a level many of our support have forgotten.

Go back 6 weeks, Sky Sports was showing protests, the news papers where reporting it, our gate has dropped by X% and more than plenty used the common phrase "they would not be going back until he has gone". The point I was, and am making it is seems ironic and farical for people to give it "OMG that is sooo terrible" showing a huge degree of contempt for other fans and sympathy for a manager they know nothing about...as I said it is much easier to comment on how someone elses garden looks rather than tend to your own.

I have never said you were not allowed an opinion, I just gave my opinion on it. As for your Vlad comment I dont see how that has any relevance to anything.

Wotherspiniesta
23-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Again you are missing the point which does not surprise me in the slightest.

You are effectively arguing a shade of black is "blacker". As I said if we are always behind someone then fine, as per my first post there are plenty of clubs who stand by there managers and players to a level many of our support have forgotten.

Go back 6 weeks, Sky Sports was showing protests, the news papers where reporting it, our gate has dropped by X% and more than plenty used the common phrase "they would not be going back until he has gone". The point I was, and am making it is seems ironic and farical for people to give it "OMG that is sooo terrible" showing a huge degree of contempt for other fans and sympathy for a manager they know nothing about...as I said it is much easier to comment on how someone elses garden looks rather than tend to your own.

I have never said you were not allowed an opinion, I just gave my opinion on it. As for your Vlad comment I dont see how that has any relevance to anything.

And again you are resorting to inflammatory remarks which don't add any leverage to your arguement.

Colin Calderwood came out with such a defeatist attitude and in his post match interviews after matches, seemed to not even give a damn when we got beat by Hearts, or hammered by St Johnstone et al. We were staring into the abyss under Calderwood, and were/and still could be heading for relegation because of the job he done. Even given all that, there was nothing like the flak that Steve Kean has had to put up with at Blackburn. If you don't see that then maybe you should try watching Sky Sports news to try catch up with what's going on at Blackburn.

Maybe we, as a support are too demanding of our team (but I'm sure any other fan of a team in our situation [4th biggest budget in the league sitting bottom] would feel exactly the same ) But if you're just happy to sit around applauding the team after another inept performance, or come on here and defend a manager with a record as poor as Calderwood's then fair play but an attitude like that will see us happily relegated to division one.

steakbake
24-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Kean suffered initially from being the more popular Sam Allardyce's replacement. He is a bit like Graham Rix trying to follow on from George Burley.

Albion Hibs
24-12-2011, 12:45 AM
And again you are resorting to inflammatory remarks which don't add any leverage to your arguement.

Colin Calderwood came out with such a defeatist attitude and in his post match interviews after matches, seemed to not even give a damn when we got beat by Hearts, or hammered by St Johnstone et al. We were staring into the abyss under Calderwood, and were/and still could be heading for relegation because of the job he done. Even given all that, there was nothing like the flak that Steve Kean has had to put up with at Blackburn. If you don't see that then maybe you should try watching Sky Sports news to try catch up with what's going on at Blackburn.

Maybe we, as a support are too demanding of our team (but I'm sure any other fan of a team in our situation [4th biggest budget in the league sitting bottom] would feel exactly the same ) But if you're just happy to sit around applauding the team after another inept performance, or come on here and defend a manager with a record as poor as Calderwood's then fair play but an attitude like that will see us happily relegated to division one.

How very boring, but none the less telling. You have moved from how terrible it is the way the fans treat Kean, you have now gone miles off on a tangent talking about,

- How Calderwood did not excite you during his interviews,
- Relegation
- Your love for Sky sports news
- The demands of the support
- The wage budget (that old classic)
- How you want what is best for the team
- And then relegation again

The point was I feel it is ironic for such and "oh my god" attitude to be taken by a hibs fan at this moment in time. If you dont see the similarities in the situation you are so scandalised by then fair play, but look at how we react to our managers, if the difference is as faint as a 5 year old being interviewed and a few t-shirts then I see no issue. I dont know what has happened to Blackburns crowds of late, have they fallen by 40%?

Sir David Gray
24-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Kean suffered initially from being the more popular Sam Allardyce's replacement. He is a bit like Graham Rix trying to follow on from Craig Burley.

You mean George, eh!? :wink:

jgl07
24-12-2011, 02:15 AM
I think you should check your facts about their history :)

In what respect?

I was referring to the post war era and largely to the last 50 years.

Blackburn were relegated in 1948. After that they spent 8 seasons in the top flight (1958-1966) before the cash from Jack Walker helped them win promotion in 1993. They yo-yoed between the second and third tier in the 1970s.

steakbake
24-12-2011, 05:17 AM
You mean George, eh!? :wink:

Tired people ken whits goin on!

Cropley10
24-12-2011, 09:59 AM
They appoint a competent manager who keeps them in the division they've been in for 19 of the last 20 years?

:dunno:

Except they object to Kean on the basis of his link to the Venkys. As others have said he's got injuries to his defence. They've scored more than Villa and Newcastle I think, so it's not a competency thing.

And why would a more competent manager, if that's what they need, go there, exactly. They're in desperate, desperate trouble but spend 100% of their energy trying to get rid of Kean. Doesn't make sense.

Cropley10
24-12-2011, 10:08 AM

I am highlighing the irony that there are so many on here seem to think it is a disgrace yet they spend every waking minute on here hammering our own manager turning their back on the team by not attending games to support the team, yet what is happening down the road is a million miles divorced from what we have seen at easter road with Mixu, Yogi (both former players of the club) and Calderwood.

I am not for a minute saying I agree with what the blackburn fans are right to do what they are doing, but some people on here seem plenty happy sit on their high horse an comment on the state of the next door neighbours back garden.

So the 12 people who complained outside the Main Stand are the same as Blackburn fans.
You are the worst sort of uber fan on here.

There was never a single chant inside the stadium. Calderwood was a dud and got less than 1% of the hassle Kean has yet you can't wait for the opportunity to as usual, lay into other fans.

Albion Hibs
24-12-2011, 11:13 AM
So the 12 people who complained outside the Main Stand are the same as Blackburn fans.
You are the worst sort of uber fan on here.

There was never a single chant inside the stadium. Calderwood was a dud and got less than 1% of the hassle Kean has yet you can't wait for the opportunity to as usual, lay into other fans.

Silence.

The point is, and you seem to be missing it, for a club that has a go at its own managers, booing before during and after games, shouting all sorts at the dugout, turning its back on the team can hardly claim to be night and day to what is being shown at Blackburn. Lesser degree perhaps, I have never said that was not the case but completely un-comparable, no.

Anyway, I have a game to go to. Enjoy the cinema or any EPL games you may be watching.

Wotherspiniesta
24-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Anyway, I have a game to go to. Enjoy the cinema or any EPL games you may be watching.

See before you go, seeing as you're the best Hibs fan in the world...

Would you take some time to comment on THIS (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?140371-The-greatest-Hibs-fan-of-all-time&highlight=greatest) thread

And sign up HERE.

:aok:
(http://www.hibs.net/payments.php)

Cropley10
24-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Silence.

The point is, and you seem to be missing it, for a club that has a go at its own managers, booing before during and after games, shouting all sorts at the dugout, turning its back on the team can hardly claim to be night and day to what is being shown at Blackburn. Lesser degree perhaps, I have never said that was not the case but completely un-comparable, no.

You are a welt. Hope this clarifies.