PDA

View Full Version : (Yams) Titanic folk ken whit's goan on

One Day Soon
23-12-2011, 05:35 PM
As it says on the tin.

Step back from the hype for a moment. Here we have a business:

* which routinely cannot afford to pay its staff on time
* where core employees are now striking, refusing to train/play and are publicly advertising themselves as seeking alternative employment
* where the place of work is acknowledged to be unfit in safety terms due to the age and dilapidation of its main building
* in which the ownership of the business cannot be clearly discerned because of the complex nature of the complicated financial 'arrangements' by which the main shareholder chooses to interlink a range of his other business interests
* where the de-facto Chief Executive of the business is an absentee foreign owner, inaccessable to his employees, incomprehending of the environment in which the business is trying to survive and seemingly disinterested in the long term future of the business
* whose customers seem to have utterly lost any capacity they had to either a) exercise critical judgment of the institution to which they are devoted or b) formulate an alternative course of action which they have any even remotely serious chance of implementing
* in which the wages to turnover ratio apparently still exceeds 100%
* whose entire future has been ransomed to £30 million of unpayable debt generated to fuel the 7 year ego binge of one man

No wonder the owner wanted enough of the shareholding to effectively delist the business as a company. Can you imagine what its various shareholders would have been saying and doing right now if this was still a company in which external shareholders had any meaningful voice?

Like the Titanic this vessel hit its own iceberg quite some time back and like the Titanic it has taken a lengthy time for the consequential damage done by the collision to start to manifest itself as catastrophic, irreversible and - for many of its passengers - terminal.

The Captain deliberately navigated them straight at the ice, didn't load any lifeboats, is pretending the ship isn't sinking and doesn't care what happens to any of the passengers.

To those complacent, smug, self-satisfied, yellow-cardiganed blazer wearers who so contemptuously preened themselves as the 'Big Team' to our 'Wee Team' I offer this lifebelt as the cold, dark waves lap at the feet of you and your fellow invertebrates on the deck: your club will undoubtedly stumble on in some devalued, homeless form or another, but you and yours helped wreck it forever as an Edinburgh institution and its demise wasn't - ultimately - made in Lithuania, it was made in Gorgie.

...WentToMowAnSPL
23-12-2011, 05:40 PM
As it says on the tin.

* where core employees are now striking, refusing to train/play and are publicly advertising themselves as seeking alternative employment
* where the place of work is acknowledged to be unfit in safety terms due to the age and dilapidation of its main building
* in which the ownership of the business cannot be clearly discerned because of the complex nature of the complicated financial 'arrangements' by whch the main shareholder chooses to interlink a range of his other business interests
* where the de-facto Chief Executive of the business is an absentee foreign owner, inaccessable to his employees, incomprehending of the environment in which the business is trying to survive and seemingly disinterested in the long term future of the business
* whose customers seem to have utterly lost any capacity they had to either a) exercise critical judgment of the institution to which they are devoted or b) formulate an alternative course of action which they have any even remotely serious chance of implementing
* whose entire future has been ransomed to £30 million of unpayable debt generated to fuel the 7 year ego binge of one man

No wonder the owner wanted enough of the shareholding to effectively delist the business as a company. Can you imagine what its various shareholders would have been saying and doing right now if this was still a company in which external shareholders had any meaningful voice?

Like the Titanic this vessel hit its own iceberg quite some time back and like the Titanic it has taken a lengthy time for the consequential damage done by the collision to start to manifest itself as catastrophic, irreversible and - for many of its passengers - terminal.

The Captain deliberately navigated them straight at the ice, didn't load any lifeboats, is pretending the ship isn't sinking and doesn't care what happens to any of the passengers.

To those complacent, smug, self-satisfied, yellow-cardiganed blazer wearers who so contemptuously preened themselves as the 'Big Team' to our 'Wee Team' I offer this lifebelt as the cold, dark waves lap at the feet of you and your fellow invertebrates on the deck: your club will undoubtedly stumble on in some devalued, homeless form or another, but you and yours helped wreck it forever as an Edinburgh institution and its demise wasn't - ultimately - made in Lithuania, it was made in Gorgie.

:top marks I'd say women and children first.. but that's more so they don't get abused by the decrepit supporters and players...

s.a.m
23-12-2011, 05:43 PM
As it says on the tin.

* in which the ownership of the business cannot be clearly discerned because of the complex nature of the complicated financial 'arrangements' by whch the main shareholder chooses to interlink a range of his other business interests

The alarming - yet, in its own way, slightly amusing:greengrin - thing, is that the passengers either haven't noticed / don't care / have bought into the 'believe' thing so thoroughly that they have told themselves that it is the only right and proper thing to happen to theirship.

Very odd.

steakbake
23-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Having had a good look at KB recently, seems to me that a lot of them think it's some kind of cunning plan. Even after everything going on over the last few weeks, there's still people there who will jump on any suggestion that all is not rosy at the PBS and nail the poster as a hobo peg seller. It's also surprising how some posters can go from seeing Stevenson as a legend to a nobody in the space of a few days.

Baffling but all very entertaining.

sambajustice
23-12-2011, 06:07 PM
I dont think the iceberg that the Titanic hit was under the ownership of the same people who owned the Titanic itself!

Apart from that, good post!! :greengrin

CentreLine
23-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Having had a good look at KB recently, seems to me that a lot of them think it's some kind of cunning plan. Even after everything going on over the last few weeks, there's still people there who will jump on any suggestion that all is not rosy at the PBS and nail the poster as a hobo peg seller. It's also surprising how some posters can go from seeing Stevenson as a legend to a nobody in the space of a few days.

Let's start with City of Edinburgh Council who clearly believe that hahahahearts are a well run company essential to the world product that is Edinburgh and worthy of tens millions of pounds in support by way of a stadium plan that I for one do not believe is dead. Whilst of course the same council have a very clear view that there is no other club in Edinburgh worthy of support, financial or otherwise. Clearly CEC know a thing or two about these things and have even completed due diligence in their excellent unbiased report which much therefore be correct in every respect. I thnk I'll call for the nurse.

I have been consistant in my view all along that we need hahahahearts, they need us and Scottish football needs us both. I am beginning to change my point of view. Perhaps it would be best if hahahahearst did fold. Maybe the club that rose from the ashes would eventually deserve its place, back alongside Hibs, in the top flight of Scottish football.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-12-2011, 06:36 PM
I might be on my own with this, but I will not take one single shred of comfort from any of this if they turn us over in the derby game.

clerriehibs
23-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Let's start with City of Edinburgh Council who clearly believe that hahahahearts are a well run company essential to the world product that is Edinburgh and worthy of tens millions of pounds in support by way of a stadium plan that I for one do not believe is dead. Whilst of course the same council have a very clear view that there is no other club in Edinburgh worthy of support, financial or otherwise. Clearly CEC know a thing or two about these things and have even completed due diligence in their excellent unbiased report which much therefore be correct in every respect. I thnk I'll call for the nurse.

I have been consistant in my view all along that we need hahahahearts, they need us and Scottish football needs us both. I am beginning to change my point of view. Perhaps it would be best if hahahahearst did fold. Maybe the club that rose from the ashes would eventually deserve its place, back alongside Hibs, in the top flight of Scottish football.

:agree: Not only is that plan not dead, it will happen. In the face of a fair bit of criticism, nothing the council has said suggests it won't happen.

Sergey
23-12-2011, 06:52 PM
They might have to change their anthem to 'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles'

Bostonhibby
23-12-2011, 06:53 PM

Its all part of the masterplan, it's but a leap from here to the Champions League win that they have been biding their time for:greengrin

My Yam Brother in law who has unfortunately appeared for Xmas explained it all to thick little me only last night. If it wasn't for me/us needing to deflect attention from our league position and "manipulating" the press the Yam story wouldn't even be in the public domain :crazy: In his defence he is only 30 but old before his time, always wears natty jumpers, proper shoes and rarely goes to a game - being a gowf club member for career reasons .

I also make allowances here for his poor judgement as he seemed seasonally happy - had one can of my lager and 2 of my whiskies(good stuff at the back of the cabinet). Needless to say he arrived with nothing but a jumper and a smile.

Erse - the dog has been trained on pictures of him from a very early age - just biding my time.

Saorsa
23-12-2011, 06:56 PM

Baffling but all very entertaining.It is but I doubt it's the same plan any of the are thinking (I know :hilarious ) about.

SquashedFrogg
23-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Its all part of the masterplan, it's but a leap from here to the Champions League win that they have been biding their time for:greengrin

My Yam Brother in law who has unfortunately appeared for Xmas explained it all to thick little me only last night. If it wasn't for me/us needing to deflect attention from our league position and "manipulating" the press the Yam story wouldn't even be in the public domain :crazy: In his defence he is only 30 but old before his time, always wears natty jumpers, proper shoes and rarely goes to a game - being a gowf club member for career reasons .

I also make allowances here for his poor judgement as he seemed seasonally happy - had one can of my lager and 2 of my whiskies(good stuff at the back of the cabinet). Needless to say he arrived with nothing but a jumper and a smile.

Erse - the dog has been trained on pictures of him from a very early age - just biding my time.

Could result in a hefty vet bill after that, what with potential illness and disease?? :agree:

I'd also suggest swapping your good whiskey with a bottle of Lidl's finest (with added vinegar) when he visit's again :aok:

Bostonhibby
23-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Could result in a hefty vet bill after that, what with potential illness and disease?? :agree:

I'd also suggest swapping your good whiskey with a bottle of Lidl's finest (with added vinegar) when he visit's again :aok:

Slight correction required, the bought in crap's all he sees, good stuff is not an option available to him :greengrin Hibs folk ken what's goan on here.

Andy74
23-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I might be on my own with this, but I will not take one single shred of comfort from any of this if they turn us over in the derby game.

We might have to stand firm one more time. They will still have a bigger and better squad than us for that game built on funds they never had.

Eyrie
23-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Slight correction required, the bought in crap's all he sees, good stuff is not an option available to him :greengrin Hibs folk ken what's goan on here.
Stitch him up. Finish off a bottle of Talisker, then fill it with Bells and offer him a dram. Guaranteed he's too stupid to notice.

Bostonhibby
23-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Stitch him up. Finish off a bottle of Talisker, then fill it with Bells and offer him a dram. Guaranteed he's too stupid to notice.

:greengrin

Winston Ingram
23-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Fantastic OP:flag:

brianmc
23-12-2011, 09:24 PM
OP - gets my vote for post of the year ! (if I had one)..

cabbageandribs1875
23-12-2011, 09:27 PM
the titanic is on more4 on freeview just now :wink: should maybe watch that instead of some hairy wummin on ch really :sick::sick::sick:

sorry for the :hijack::greengrin

Kevvy1875
23-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Yam cost-cutting measure's in full swing now. A wee birdy told me they plan to save money on their team coach. Instead of 4 star petrol they are going to run it on the tears of Craig Thomson's victims.

jgl07
23-12-2011, 10:50 PM
They might have to change their anthem to 'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles'

I though that it was 'I'm Forever Blowing Doubles'!

Liberal Hibby
23-12-2011, 11:39 PM
:agree: Not only is that plan not dead, it will happen. In the face of a fair bit of criticism, nothing the council has said suggests it won't happen.

The only way it might happen is if Cardownie becomes leader of the council. Otherwise it's dead as a dodo.

villager
23-12-2011, 11:59 PM
As it says on the tin.

* in which the ownership of the business cannot be clearly discerned because of the complex nature of the complicated financial 'arrangements' by which the main shareholder chooses to interlink a range of his other business interests

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::

oregonhibby
24-12-2011, 08:15 AM
It can be no co-incidence that deep in Hearts history was the name White Star, a club they used along with St Andrews, to create Hearts, was the name of the shipping line that owned the Titanic. The Twilight Zone or what!

MSK
24-12-2011, 08:56 AM
It can be no co-incidence that deep in Hearts history was the name White Star, a club they used along with St Andrews, to create Hearts, was the name of the shipping line that owned the Titanic. The Twilight Zone or what!Like it ..:thumbsup:

cad
24-12-2011, 09:11 AM
As it says on the tin.

Quality mate:top marks :aok:

Phil D. Rolls
24-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Is it true that Celine Dion is recording a new single called "The Hearts Won't Go On"?