PDA

View Full Version : Stand up and be counted

RIP
22-12-2011, 06:39 PM
As someone who stood at his first game in 1961, I've really enjoyed being in the East Stand this past season and a half even though our home record has been as bad as I can remember it. The atmosphere in Section 43 has been for the most part cheerful, optimistic and it's been really great to share the company of fellow Hibbies who like to generate a bit of atmosphere and are up for it most every game.

Another good side of being in the 'Terracing' part of Easter Road has been getting to know weel kent Hibs net posters such as Jack, Woody, Jamie, Jonnyboy, Mickki40, At The Edge, Jon Paul Jones - all of whom are like me the wrong side of 40 (or 50?) and old enough to ken better. :greengrin

But now we've got a younger team I dinnae want to brag. They're singing all the Hibee songs and love to paint a flag. They're up for making crowd displays and 'doing the Den Haag'. So the future's looking bright.

Over the festive period please join us in Section 43 for a bit of the old terracing atmosphere. It's a good way to keep warm and you never know - we might just cheer Paddy's boys on to a rare Home Victory. Let's make some noise!! :flag:

H18sry
22-12-2011, 06:43 PM
As someone who stood at his first game in 1961, I've really enjoyed being in the East Stand this past season and a half even though our home record has been as bad as I can remember it. The atmosphere in Section 43 has been for the most part cheerful, optimistic and it's been really great to share the company of fellow Hibbies who like to generate a bit of atmosphere and are up for it most every game.

Another good side of being in the 'Terracing' part of Easter Road has been getting to know weel kent Hibs net posters such as Jack, Woody, Jamie, Jonnyboy, Mickki40, At The Edge, Jon Paul Jones - all of whom are like me the wrong side of 40 (or 50?) and old enough to ken better. :greengrin

But now we've got a younger team I dinnae want to brag. They're singing all the Hibee songs and love to paint a flag. They're up for making crowd displays and 'doing the Den Haag'. So the future's looking bright.

Over the festive period please join us in Section 43 for a bit of the old terracing atmosphere. It's a good way to keep warm and you never know - we might just cheer Paddy's bhoys on to a rare Home Victory. Let's make some noise!! :flag:
You were doing well up to then :wink: