PDA

View Full Version : NHC Did Pawlett dive?

Moulin Yarns
22-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Of course he did, but there have been worse ones :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7kxTPJGeP8&

if anybody wants some more sporting highlights, my friend has posted a few on his website. Enjoy

http://www.legend-s.co.uk/Blog/tabid/63/EntryId/27/A-Festive-Sporting-Package-from-Legends.aspx

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm not so sure he dove, it was more of a coming together and he fell. I dont think he was looking for a penalty, but the clown in black awarded it. Now after seeing it again on tv, they can see the ref got it wrong, and obviously its the player who should be punished not the tosser who awarded the bloody penalty. :confused:

Hibercelona
22-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm not so sure he dove, it was more of a coming together and he fell. I dont think he was looking for a penalty, but the clown in black awarded it. Now after seeing it again on tv, they can see the ref got it wrong, and obviously its the player who should be punished not the tosser who awarded the bloody penalty. :confused:

Exactly. Totally ridiculous.

If a pen hadn't been awarded, I very much doubt he would have received a ban for diving, or a yellow card from the ref during the game.

But because Mr Referee gets it wrong, the player is therefore punished.

Geo_1875
22-12-2011, 01:45 PM
I blame the alternate laws of physics as applied to footballers. If you are running or even walking briskly and someone brushes against you, your legs don't shoot out behind you, your back doesn't arch and you arms don't flail in the air. At worst you fall too your knees and put your hands down to protect yourself. But on a football pitch......? Go figure.

Holmesdale Hibs
23-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Yes, he did dive. Blantently. Never a penalty. Agree the player should be punished and not the ref.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-12-2011, 04:30 PM
If the ref was to come out and say that he gave the pen because he trusts footballers as professionals, then the blame has to lie with the player. That said, a referee of this boy's experience should never have been duped like that.

Holmesdale Hibs
23-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Fair point northern hibee, he should have spotted it. Still, the ref failed us through incompetence, which I can forgive. The sheep intentionally cheate and should be punished.

heretoday
23-12-2011, 08:50 PM
If I was a ref I would hardly ever give a penalty. In this age of maximising profits, players are told by their clubs to go down like flipping Nureyev at the slightest touch.

Only stick-on pens for me.

Sergeant Hibs
23-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Yes the idiot did dive and the gullible ref fell for it

oldbutdim
23-12-2011, 10:28 PM
The boy cheated.
Referees are trained in the laws of the game rather than judging actors. It's like doctors deciding singing competitions.

Or netters decyphering my posts.

;-)