PDA

View Full Version : D riordan (turkey)

eastmainsmsh
22-12-2011, 12:18 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7391608/Turks-eye-Riordan-to-replace-Boyd

The Sea-gull
22-12-2011, 12:39 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7391608/Turks-eye-Riordan-to-replace-Boyd

Two things that stick out here:-

1. He would be mad to go to a club where a fellow Scot has just left due to three months of unpaid wages.

2. He is a completely different player to Boyd so they would be mad to think of him as a replacement for him.

timebomb
22-12-2011, 12:51 PM
What a sad waste of a talent.

The ability he had in his first spell at Hibs was unbelievable and with both feet. If he had kicked on with the right attitude (dare I say like a Caldwell or Berra who have 1/100 of the natural talent but the right attitude) then he should just be peaking playing in the Premiership.

As it is it was China then the dole queue and presumably (going by the lack of rumours other than this one) there aren't many clubs queing up to take a chance on him.

Peevemor
22-12-2011, 12:55 PM
The lack of rumours could be down to him already having something lined up, meaning that his agent isn't leaking stuff to the presss to drum up interest. :dunno:

The_Exile
22-12-2011, 01:00 PM
What a sad waste of a talent.

The ability he had in his first spell at Hibs was unbelievable and with both feet. If he had kicked on with the right attitude (dare I say like a Caldwell or Berra who have 1/100 of the natural talent but the right attitude) then he should just be peaking playing in the Premiership.

As it is it was China then the dole queue and presumably (going by the lack of rumours other than this one) there aren't many clubs queing up to take a chance on him.

Agree with this, by no means was Fletch the most gifted, I'd have had Riordan and Brown in front of him in that respect, but Fletchers attitutde was superb, look at him now.

timebomb
22-12-2011, 01:27 PM
The lack of rumours could be down to him already having something lined up, meaning that his agent isn't leaking stuff to the presss to drum up interest. :dunno:

Fair comment, could well be the case, though I'm pretty certain if that is the case then it'll be to a level way lower than he should be

DC_Hibs
22-12-2011, 02:11 PM
No mention that their manager just agreed to go to Hertha Berlin.

Their version of Rodders obviously makes their signings as well then.....

Golden Bear
22-12-2011, 04:18 PM
There's a certain seasonal ring to this thread title and the way the transfer market is right now then I'm sure Derek will gobble up any offers he may receive.

:xsmilesign

pentlando
22-12-2011, 04:57 PM
When are foreign sides going to realise that scottish players can't handle going past the channel. Very few scots have went abroad, lasted more than a year and been a success!

ScottB
22-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Both sides would be mad to go for it frankly...

fat freddy
22-12-2011, 05:09 PM
When are foreign sides going to realise that scottish players can't handle going past the channel. Very few scots have went abroad, lasted more than a year and been a success!

mark mcghee, paul lambert, stevie archibald, john collins, aiden mcgeady, robbie winters, mo johnstone, john spencer ect spring to mind as well known success stories but the continent is littered with lesser known scots who make a comfortable living playing the game away from the spotlight...i was recently in malta and was amazed at the amount of scots that are playing in their top teams....hibernians in particular had three or four scots...the failures are usually fairly high profile and invariably carry a lot of baggage hence their moving in the first place.

Minder
22-12-2011, 05:17 PM
mark mcghee, paul lambert, stevie archibald, john collins, aiden mcgeady, robbie winters, mo johnstone, john spencer ect spring to mind as well known success stories but the continent is littered with lesser known scots who make a comfortable living playing the game away from the spotlight...i was recently in malta and was amazed at the amount of scots that are playing in their top teams....hibernians in particular had three or four scots...the failures are usually fairly high profile and invariably carry a lot of baggage hence their moving in the first place.

Technically Mcgeady is "Irish", but add in Jordan and Souness. :greengrin

Sergeant Hibs
22-12-2011, 07:44 PM
mark mcghee, paul lambert, stevie archibald, john collins, aiden mcgeady, robbie winters, mo johnstone, john spencer ect spring to mind as well known success stories but the continent is littered with lesser known scots who make a comfortable living playing the game away from the spotlight...i was recently in malta and was amazed at the amount of scots that are playing in their top teams....hibernians in particular had three or four scots...the failures are usually fairly high profile and invariably carry a lot of baggage hence their moving in the first place.Fair point but if you include all the ones who havent had success the list'd be longer Michael Stewart, Kris Boyd, Garry O'Connor, Kenny Miller off the top of my head but there are many more than included,

johnrebus
22-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Fair point but if you include all the ones who havent had success the list'd be longer Michael Stewart, Kris Boyd, Garry O'Connor, Kenny Miller off the top of my head but there are many more than included,

Gaz scored goals in Russia, including the winner in the cup final.

I would say that is a success.

fat freddy
22-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Technically Mcgeady is "Irish", . :greengrin

next you'll be telling me that ray houghton and owen coyle aren't scottish...and phil bardsley and mathew elliot aren't english...

micka_weer
23-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Murdo MacLeod @ Dortmond won the german cup and super cup I'm sure?

Kammy1875
23-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Gaz scored goals in Russia, including the winner in the cup final.

I would say that is a success.

Made them cash too. :agree: