PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster/Ticket Office

Frazerbob
22-12-2011, 11:51 AM
I've been trying to buy the membership, 8 Derby tickets, a Cowdenbeath ticket and get my free ICT ticket. Ticketmaster do not know anything about the discounted £20 Derby ticket or free ICT ticket for new "members". when I call the ticket office I get one of 2 mailboxes which haven't been activated. When I speak to the ticket guru at the shop they tell me they can't sell directly and I have to use the Ticketmaster line (whilst telling me "off the record" that he agrees with me that Ticketmaster do not have a clue).

I then speak to somebody else who gives me yet another number to call and tells me that they CAn sell to me directly. Yet again, an unactivated mail box awaits me.

I am then told to buy on line. When I try to sign in, I am told that I do not have an account. So, I set one up only to be told that my details match a current account.

Why is it so difficult to but tickets for a stadium that's half empty every week? and this is before I get around to giving details for the Hearts tickets, a couple of which are for people who will not be on the database despite being fans for over 50 years, founding members of the 50 Club and ST ticket holders untill around 5 years ago.

LancashireHibby
22-12-2011, 12:08 PM
I've been trying to buy the membership, 8 Derby tickets, a Cowdenbeath ticket and get my free ICT ticket. Ticketmaster do not know anything about the discounted £20 Derby ticket or free ICT ticket for new "members". when I call the ticket office I get one of 2 mailboxes which haven't been activated. When I speak to the ticket guru at the shop they tell me they can't sell directly and I have to use the Ticketmaster line (whilst telling me "off the record" that he agrees with me that Ticketmaster do not have a clue).

I then speak to somebody else who gives me yet another number to call and tells me that they CAn sell to me directly. Yet again, an unactivated mail box awaits me.

I am then told to buy on line. When I try to sign in, I am told that I do not have an account. So, I set one up only to be told that my details match a current account.

Why is it so difficult to but tickets for a stadium that's half empty every week? and this is before I get around to giving details for the Hearts tickets, a couple of which are for people who will not be on the database despite being fans for over 50 years, founding members of the 50 Club and ST ticket holders untill around 5 years ago.

If you have any old ticket stubs then your client reference will be on there which can be used to retrieve your file on the database.

Ring 0131 661 1875 (listed on the website) and that should presumably take you through to the ER Ticket Office rather than Ticketmaster.

Frazerbob
22-12-2011, 01:02 PM
If you have any old ticket stubs then your client reference will be on there which can be used to retrieve your file on the database.

Ring 0131 661 1875 (listed on the website) and that should presumably take you through to the ER Ticket Office rather than Ticketmaster.

That was one of the numbers that took me to the un-activated mail box. left my number with them and was told somebody who would be able to sell me the membership and tickets would call me right back.......nearly 2 hours ago!

LancashireHibby
22-12-2011, 01:07 PM
That was one of the numbers that took me to the un-activated mail box. left my number with them and was told somebody who would be able to sell me the membership and tickets would call me right back.......nearly 2 hours ago!

In that case ring 0844 844 1875 and try option 2 as again that usually puts you through to ER rather than Ticketmaster.

Frazerbob
22-12-2011, 01:09 PM
In that case ring 0844 844 1875 and try option 2 as again that usually puts you through to ER rather than Ticketmaster.

Yip, tried that one several times also......guess what?

Barney McGrew
22-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Try e-mailing Judith Ireland who runs the ticket office. I know people who've done that before and she's always been able to help them out.

jireland@hibernianfc.co.uk

Frazerbob
22-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Finally a call back from the club and all tickets and membership bought with out any problems. Just took the 4 hours to buy some football tickets! It seems that Ticketmaster were made fully aware of the membership offer but for some reason are giving out incorrect information. All tickets and membership will be available for me to collect prior to the ICT game and all booking fees were waved. Incidently, I wasn't asked for names and addresses for any of the Derby tickets.

Why couldn't it be that easy from the start? Maybe we should go back to the good old days of standing in a queue outside the wee shop on Easter Road!

CraigHibee
22-12-2011, 02:01 PM
im having problems trying to buy a ticket for the derby via the website

getting an error message, phoned ticketmaster, they told me to call the ticket office, tried about 10 times so far and just ringing out

HH81
22-12-2011, 02:04 PM
There is a problem with the system I baught membership and got 6 emails saying it was processed. They better not charge me 6 times.

Frazerbob
22-12-2011, 02:06 PM
im having problems trying to buy a ticket for the derby via the website

getting an error message, phoned ticketmaster, they told me to call the ticket office, tried about 10 times so far and just ringing out

This is the number I got the call back from....0131 661 2159. Might some sort of direct line.

easty
22-12-2011, 02:07 PM
There is a problem with the system I baught membership and got 6 emails saying it was processed. They better not charge me 6 times.

What if they only charge you once but send you 6 sets of tickets?

HH81
22-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Good point, should I keep them? :-)

CraigHibee
22-12-2011, 02:10 PM
This is the number I call the call back from....0131 661 2159. Might some sort of direct line.

cheers bud, i'll try them on that one

LancashireHibby
22-12-2011, 03:44 PM

I got the same error John, as long as it's got the same authorisation code then you're fine.

I do sympathise with Hibs in this instance as my workplace forward calls on to Ticketmaster at busy periods and they're absolutely useless. Trouble is, Hibs now seem to be doing it with virtually every phone call these days.

CraigHibee
22-12-2011, 04:13 PM

happened to me too HH, i got 2 emails from them about the purchase of the membership card, i emailed them asking them to make sure i wasn't charged twice and they replied to say i hadn't been, ive checked the bank too and only 1 payment has come off.

pandahfc
22-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Also had problems with trying to buy membership online, eventually went through but got 9 e mails regarding confirmation. Phoned up but got cut off 4 times before I got through and they checked and thankfully I only got charged the once for my membership. :flag:

HibbyAndy
22-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Am going doon tae the ticket office direct tomorrow morningish..Better no be any mishaps..Want to go straight in and straight oot.

HH81
22-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Can everyone make sure there is a massive queue at the ticket off right before Andy gets there :-)

Yes same code Matt and checked account. All looks good just one payment.

LancashireHibby
22-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Yes same code Matt and checked account. All looks good just one payment.
You'll be ok in that case. We struggle with the same error message through work so I've told Judith that if I hear of a solution to it then I will pass it on. Also got home to find my membership card and £20 voucher have arrived in the post this morning, great stuff :thumbsup:

HibeeMG
22-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Am going doon tae the ticket office direct tomorrow morningish..Better no be any mishaps..Want to go straight in and straight oot.

I bought my membership yesterday. Took 5 minutes, no messing!

Oh, and remember it's the ticket desk in the club shop and not the ticket office you need.

Saorsa
22-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Am going doon tae the ticket office direct tomorrow morningish..Better no be any mishaps..Want to go straight in and straight oot.Aye you dinnae want tae be late, it's your roond :cheers: