PDA

View Full Version : Sproule Ban

soproni1
22-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Just read that Ivan may get banned for criticising the ref on Saturday.

How can someone get banned for that, when he was right? - probably the offensive language used like 'ridiculous'. Not as if he was even claiming he was biased as he said their sending off was a joke as well.

It seems every time anyone breathes the wrong way, the SFA want to hit them with a 2 game ban (what that lunatic Goodwin got for assaulting the Motherwell laddie). So apparently what Sproule said/Griffiths did amounts to almost the same as leathering someone. Idiots

PISTOL1875
22-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Just read that Ivan may get banned for criticising the ref on Saturday.

How can someone get banned for that, when he was right? - probably the offensive language used like 'ridiculous'. Not as if he was even claiming he was biased as he said their sending off was a joke as well.

It seems every time anyone breathes the wrong way, the SFA want to hit them with a 2 game ban (what that lunatic Goodwin got for assaulting the Motherwell laddie). So apparently what Sproule said/Griffiths did amounts to almost the same as leathering someone. Idiots

Music to my ears.. The less we see of Ivan Sproule in a HIbs jersey the better...

Andy74
22-12-2011, 10:34 AM
It's typical of the sort of thing Sproule gets in trouble for, petulant trips, stamps and now saying something when he knows the end result will be him getting into trouble. He even said at the start that he will probably get in trouble for it.

It doesn't matter that he was right he shouldn't be commenting on the referee.

I'd prefer him getting booked and sent off for trying to get properly stuck in.

JimBHibees
22-12-2011, 10:36 AM
It's typical of the sort of thing Sproule gets in trouble for, petulant trips, stamps and now saying something when he knows the end result will be him getting into trouble. He even said at the start that he will probably get in trouble for it.

It doesn't matter that he was right he shouldn't be commenting on the referee.

I'd prefer him getting booked and sent off for trying to get properly stuck in.

Totally agree he has been here before with refs up here and really should have learned his lesson.

Should be fined for unprofessionalism by the club.

Godsahibby
22-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Music to my ears.. The less we see of Ivan Sproule in a HIbs jersey the better...

Cannot argue with that.

He has shown nothing this season that justifies being in that team, hopefully one of the youngsters or Booth gets a chance on the left wing.

givescotlandfreedom
22-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Let's get this straight. Referee makes two appaling decisions, both of which are overturned and is rewarded by being sent to the Euros. Sproule criticises said decisions (which the SFA obviously agree with) and is given a ban.

givescotlandfreedom
22-12-2011, 10:43 AM
music to my ears.. The less we see of ivan sproule in a hibs jersey the better...

fenton

PISTOL1875
22-12-2011, 10:59 AM
fenton

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

PaulSmith
22-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Let's get this straight. Referee makes two appaling decisions, both of which are overturned and is rewarded by being sent to the Euros. Sproule criticises said decisions (which the SFA obviously agree with) and is given a ban.

One it was the asst that confirmed red for Pawlett, two no decision has been made yet to overturn the red, three I'm sure Thomson's performances in the advanced stages of the Champs League have more to do with being given a shot at the Euro's than one game at Pittodrie, four Ivan know's the rules but choose to still lambast the referee performance after the game.

Andy74
22-12-2011, 11:03 AM

Yes, right or wrong he is not allowed to criticise the referee. They all know that.

keep the faith
22-12-2011, 11:07 AM

Harsh. He never was consistent and could veer between village idiot and superstar but at least he shows effort passion and is about the only person in that team who will take a man on (sometimes!) A couple of goals too.

I'm not saying he has not been poor but nowhere near the worst.

We seem to want to Chase those who care about the club out. Any former player or fan would be crazy to come back nowadays with the stick given out

flash
22-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Ivan seems to be getting a lot of stick these days. As he is one of the few who actually seems to give a toss i certainly won't be joining in.

PISTOL1875
22-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Harsh. He never was consistent and could veer between village idiot and superstar but at least he shows effort passion and is about the only person in that team who will take a man on (sometimes!) A couple of goals too.

We seem to want to Chase those who care about the club out. Any former player or fan would be crazy to come back nowadays with the stick given out

Not harsh in the slightest..

Lets put it like this.. Do you think that if IS couldn't run so fast , would he be anywhere near a football club ???

Ray_
22-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Yes, right or wrong he is not allowed to criticise the referee. They all know that.

Agree 100% Andy, what was particularly significant was his managers reaction to the stupidity shown by Griffith, which resulted in his ban & then just hours later Sproule is in all over the papers. It seems the thought process in certain players are as inept as the on-the-field performances, its like dealing with kids.

Andy74
22-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Agree 100% Andy, what was particularly significant was his managers reaction to the stupidity shown by Griffith, which resulted in his ban & then just hours later Sproule is in all over the papers. It seems the thought process in certain players are as inept as the on-the-field performances, its like dealing with kids.

Totally agree. We are up against it as it is and two weeks in a row we have people putting themsleves out of the equation for sheer stupidity.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Not harsh in the slightest..

Lets put it like this.. Do you think that if IS couldn't run so fast , would he be anywhere near a football club ???

I dont think he's actually that fast these days, and certainly not with a ball at his feet.

Godsahibby
22-12-2011, 11:28 AM

Maybe thats a one of our problems, why do we keep going for players just because they are former players or fans of the club? In Sproules case he must be up there with one of ou highest earners. why? he isn't good enough to be at the club. Those wages should have been spent elswhere on someone with ability not j. ust because they are a fan / former player.

JimBHibees
22-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Maybe thats a one of our problems, why do we keep going for players just because they are former players or fans of the club? In Sproules case he must be up there with one of ou highest earners. why? he isn't good enough to be at the club. Those wages should have been spent elswhere on someone with ability not j. ust because they are a fan / former player.

Personally think that is nonsense. He hasnt set the heather on fire with his performances thus far but that is lights years away from saying he isnt good enough especially with regard to the teams performances over the last couple of years. He is more than capable of doing a job for this Hibs team.

BEEJ
22-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Ivan seems to be getting a lot of stick these days. As he is one of the few who actually seems to give a toss i certainly won't be joining in.
:agree: Agreed

He spoke out due a deep sense of injustice at the penalty - made worse by the predicament Hibs find themselves in at the moment. I wonder how many on here if they were to play for Hibs would manage to bite their lip under the same circumstances?

What he said was actually correct and the suggestion made of a form of 'temporary relegation' for referees who make serious errors is actually a system in use down south. Long overdue up here.

grunt
22-12-2011, 03:30 PM
It seems that Jim McIntyre has not received punishment for his outburst against the ref in the game where Aluko dived, so hopefully this sets a precedent and Sproule will also avoid any additional punishment.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/dunfermline/290011-jim-mcintyre-escapes-punishment-over-referee-comments/#stv_clicktracker_source=posts_also_read

brog
22-12-2011, 03:35 PM
He's been a bit daft but suggestions of a ban are even dafter! Don't forget he was probably sought out by a reporter right after the game when he's still upset that his supposed foul has cost us the game. The reporter has then said something along the lines of " do you think refs should be demoted when they make serious mistakes? " & Ivan's agreed. This then allows the tabloid to launch a story which they keep ticking over for days with follow up nonsense such as this. There's no documented evidence of what he said so it should be a simple matter to get off. Regardless, last I looked we were not in North Korea & I would be interested in the legality of taking away a player's livelihood for offering an opinion.

Argylehibby
22-12-2011, 04:27 PM
:agree: Agreed

What he said was actually correct and the suggestion made of a form of 'temporary relegation' for referees who make serious errors is actually a system in use down south. Long overdue up here.

Did he not say the ref only sent the Aberdeen player off to make up for getting the penalty decision wrong? That is basically accusing the ref of cheating and he can't expect to escape punishment for that.

Do the club have any say in who is interviewed after games? If they do, why did they allow Ivan to be inteviewed in the first place?

BEEJ
22-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Did he not say the ref only sent the Aberdeen player off to make up for getting the penalty decision wrong? That is basically accusing the ref of cheating and he can't expect to escape punishment for that.
I understand that those types of compensatory decisions, supposedly to balance up other refereeing gaffs earlier in the match, are not uncommon.

And I'm not surprised. Referees get away with just about anything they do during the 90mins plus of your average SPL fixture. Apparently no consequences. Free to do almost as they please.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2011, 05:50 PM
When the two major decisions in the game have now been shown to have been incorrect, I fail to see how Sproule can be punished for criticising someone that has made decisions that the SFA have obviously accepted were wrong.

Aldo
22-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Regardless of this and that the sheep never looked like scoring till the penalty.

The ref IMHO has cost us at least a point with that dodgy decision yet he gets a dinnae do it again slap on the wrist and o have a spot at euro 2012.

ancient hibee
22-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Doesn't matter what they do refs are always right-even when they admit to being wrong!

Sergeant Hibs
22-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Harsh. He never was consistent and could veer between village idiot and superstar but at least he shows effort passion and is about the only person in that team who will take a man on (sometimes!) A couple of goals too.I'm not saying he has not been poor but nowhere near the worst.We seem to want to Chase those who care about the club out. Any former player or fan would be crazy to come back nowadays with the stick given outThis

crewetollhibee
23-12-2011, 08:47 AM
He's been a bit daft but suggestions of a ban are even dafter! Don't forget he was probably sought out by a reporter right after the game when he's still upset that his supposed foul has cost us the game. The reporter has then said something along the lines of " do you think refs should be demoted when they make serious mistakes? " & Ivan's agreed. This then allows the tabloid to launch a story which they keep ticking over for days with follow up nonsense such as this. There's no documented evidence of what he said so it should be a simple matter to get off. Regardless, last I looked we were not in North Korea & I would be interested in the legality of taking away a player's livelihood for offering an opinion.

Agree, Brog. Have waited for years for a player to challenge this in court. Restriction of trade, surely, when a verbal comment can mean you can't ply your trade. European Court Of Human Rights would almost certainly have a field day with this nonsense.