PDA

View Full Version : Osborne out of next three games...

Broken Gnome
22-12-2011, 10:17 AM
... says the Evening News. At least.

Not good at all.

Thecat23
22-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I'd stick Palsson in there, see if he's hungry again. If not then move him on in Jan.

Northernhibee
22-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Scott did well against Aberdeen, I'd stick with him.

JimBHibees
22-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Scott did well against Aberdeen, I'd stick with him.

Agree thought he did ok and unlucky to score with shot from free kick. Big loss re Ozzy as he was coming onto a game.

Andy74
22-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I'd stick Palsson in there, see if he's hungry again. If not then move him on in Jan.

Osborne has been playing a bit more advanced so I don't think that would suit Palsson.

I'd love to see the Palsson we signed coming back though, hopefully Fenlon can get him back playing his game. I think he was better before he tried to reign it back a little.

Thecat23
22-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Osborne has been playing a bit more advanced so I don't think that would suit Palsson.

I'd love to see the Palsson we signed coming back though, hopefully Fenlon can get him back playing his game. I think he was better before he tried to reign it back a little.

Good point actually, also agree the Palsson of the first few games was a different player to the one we seen in recent times. The lad has the talent i just hope he can show it again.

Andy74
22-12-2011, 12:13 PM
... says the Evening News. At least.

Not good at all.

Could be up to six weeks. Which generally menas we will see him in about eight.

Cropley10
22-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Nice long Christmas and New Year break for him. We'll miss his goals and assists.

Jim44
22-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Nice long Christmas and New Year break for him. We'll miss his goals and assists.

I must have missed all of them so far. :greengrin

greenlex
22-12-2011, 05:04 PM
This is a blow. I hope there are a couple of early signings in the January windae.

greenlex
22-12-2011, 06:43 PM
This is a blow. I hope there are a couple of early signings in the January windae.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111222/new-striker-signs_2262950_2556008

That was quick:thumbsup:

Eyrie
22-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Wotherspoon played a more advanced role for the U21s. Worth moving him forward and bringing Palsson in to play with Stevenson?

Sergeant Hibs
22-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Very big loss I'd say go
Sproule Lewie Spoony Galbraith
GOC Sparky/Doyle

matty_f
22-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Disappointed to hear about this, IMHO Osbourne has been our best player this season and has looked like he is improving game on game.

hibsbollah
22-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Possibly the player we can least afford to lose. Terrible news:rolleyes:

Scott rather than Palsson as a replacement for me.

edit-obviously, not as a replacement for me, as I am irreplaceable.

matty_f
22-12-2011, 07:57 PM

:tee hee: :top marks

Albion Hibs
22-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Not good news. If he is out I would be tempted to drop towell in to the midfield at the expense of stevenson or wotherspoon.

Fingers crossed he is back for the derby, would hope he feels he has something to prove after our visit to tynecastle.

down-the-slope
22-12-2011, 09:04 PM

Mrs HB would I suspect not concur.......

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Not good news. If he is out I would be tempted to drop towell in to the midfield at the expense of stevenson or wotherspoon.

Fingers crossed he is back for the derby, would hope he feels he has something to prove after our visit to tynecastle.

Drop Stevenson? He has been one of our better performers! For towell, not great on midfield

Tyler Durden
22-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Whilst Osbourne will be a loss, I personally didn't see his advanced role working.

Not to get into a big formations debate but Fenlon needs to start playing 2 strikers asap. So for me there's no need for a straight replacement for him. Instead we could be ditching one of the wide players for a striker and drop Scott for Pallsson.

Leaving us with 3 midfielders still narrow with one wide player and 2 proper strikers. Such as...

Spoony Pallsson Stevenson

Sproule

Still keeping us compact and solid but hopefully more of a goal threat. Although I have had several drinks..............

Albion Hibs
22-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Drop Stevenson? He has been one of our better performers! For towell, not great on midfield

Regardless, how many teams has he played in that have won three points recently?

Lewis has played well, but I think towell has better passing ability and has shown this season he is willing to get himself into the box and have a shot.

I did also say for Lewis or Wotherspoon.

HH81
22-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Big big loss, best player against Rangers by a mile. :agree:

hibsway
23-12-2011, 12:01 AM
dont see this as any big loss.imo he slows the play down to much,sproule o'connor and sparky always look for a quick ball played through but never get it because he either plays the ball square or turns back toward his defence allowing the opposition to mark up and defend against us easily.i would rather have scott in there