PDA

View Full Version : Why do people hate John Terry/footballers in general?

CFC
22-12-2011, 05:58 AM
What specifically has he done that makes everyone hate him so much? Dont get me wrong I think his alleged comments on Anton are despicable (if as likely seems they are true) but it seems like hatred for Terry extends back further than that. Im trying to think of specific instances where he has done something that people find disagreeable.The reason I ask is because people nowadays seem to hold such strong opinions when it comes to footballers seemingly forgetting that they are human and flawed like everyone else. People like Lennon, Rooney, Terry, Henry get turned into these monumental hate figures but do people really know them or is it based on the way they are portrayed in the media? I know a lot of footballers are fuds but the hate culture in football is getting out of control imo. Some of these players would get less grief if they were convicted rapists. The hatred in the game seems to grow year upon year to the point where it doesnt even feel like a sport anymore, more like a soap opera/reality TV. I think that Terry and Suarez are bang out of order for what theyve done but the hysteria surrounding it is nauseating. Anyone in agreement?

MB62
22-12-2011, 07:34 AM
What specifically has he done that makes everyone hate him so much? Dont get me wrong I think his alleged comments on Anton are despicable (if as likely seems they are true) but it seems like hatred for Terry extends back further than that. Im trying to think of specific instances where he has done something that people find disagreeable.The reason I ask is because people nowadays seem to hold such strong opinions when it comes to footballers seemingly forgetting that they are human and flawed like everyone else. People like Lennon, Rooney, Terry, Henry get turned into these monumental hate figures but do people really know them or is it based on the way they are portrayed in the media? I know a lot of footballers are fuds but the hate culture in football is getting out of control imo. Some of these players would get less grief if they were convicted rapists. The hatred in the game seems to grow year upon year to the point where it doesnt even feel like a sport anymore, more like a soap opera/reality TV. I think that Terry and Suarez are bang out of order for what theyve done but the hysteria surrounding it is nauseating. Anyone in agreement?

I know next to nothing about him as a person. As a football player he is nothing short of being an absolute THUG. I remember watching a game on T.V. last season involving Chelsea and I can't remember who. John Terry went through some guy about waist high and left rolling about the pitch in agony. It was an assault and he should have been arrested but he never got booked. :grr:
Just one of many that he has been involved in.

micka_weer
22-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Cos he's a knobber!

hibiedude
22-12-2011, 07:50 AM
John Terry is the typical thug who thinks he can do what he wants and say what he wants because of who he is.

He cheated on his wife

John Terry then named in an affair with Wayne Bridges ex-girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel-then he gets a gagging order stopping the public learning.

At same time Paul Terry, the elder brother of Chelsea star John, has been caught up in an almost identical sex scandal as the England international after allegations he has been having an affair with a team-mate's girlfriend

Dale Roberts later killed himself after his 25-year-old partner s affair Paul Terry.

John Terry’s Dad was charged with dealing cocaine then Terry’s mother, Sue, and mother-in-law both accepted a caution for shoplifting in Marks & Spencer.

Now the footballer has been charged with racist abuse.

So I think this might explain why some people hate him so much.

CFC
22-12-2011, 07:53 AM
MB62, fair enough bud players that are perceived as dirty or cheats are always gonna attract the hatred of fans. I just feel that people should take a step back and gather some perspective. Football is a GAME, I really think at times people believe what Shankly said is true. Football is not more important than life or death, its supposed to be a sport, entertaining but it seems to attract bampots by the dozen.

NthCarolinaHibs
22-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Mibbies it's the players like Terry that need to take the 'step back'

Kato
22-12-2011, 08:16 AM
The reason I ask is because people nowadays seem to hold such strong opinions when it comes to footballers seemingly forgetting that they are human and flawed like everyone else.

Terry is human and he's flawed in a way that makes him a totally dislikeable prat. The rumours of his racist views and habits have been aroudn for years. Maybe this time he's been caught and deserves what's coming.

I don't hate him, don't think he's even worth the bother.

Some of these players would get less grief if they were convicted rapists.

Is that not a bit of an exagerration?

The hatred in the game seems to grow year upon year to the point where it doesnt even feel like a sport anymore,

Not been watching football long then. That kind of animosity has always been there. Maybe your reading too many red-tops.

CFC
22-12-2011, 08:35 AM
hibiedude, Tiger Woods cheated on his wife multiple times over, Giggs allegedly was ****ging his brothers missus.

My opinion of both was unaffected by their antics because I dont put them on a pedestal, they are superb at their sport and how they choose to conduct themselves in their private lives is none of my concern.

You can hardly hold Terry responsible for the behaviour of his family members. I have some family with criminal convictions I dont see how that should affect someones opinion of me.

one day maybe...
22-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Great player, natural born leader on the park, a winner, have him in your team all day long.

Off the park the guy is a knob. So its these behind the scene shannigans that determine fellow professional views of him and the publics perception. He shat in his own bed, so let him lie in his own *****e.

JimBHibees
22-12-2011, 08:51 AM
hibiedude, Tiger Woods cheated on his wife multiple times over, Giggs allegedly was ****ging his brothers missus.

My opinion of both was unaffected by their antics because I dont put them on a pedestal, they are superb at their sport and how they choose to conduct themselves in their private lives is none of my concern.

You can hardly hold Terry responsible for the behaviour of his family members. I have some family with criminal convictions I dont see how that should affect someones opinion of me.

No doubt an excellent player however his behaviour on the pitch is very much school bully whether it be opponents or officials. No real redeeming qualities from what I can see and his current charge doesnt exactly make it any better does it. His off field antics dont exactly impress getting involved in night club brawls, being part of Chelsea players getting plastered and acting up on September 11th in front of upset Americans to his apparent personal life which appears to be overwhelmingly selfish not really caring who he hurts.

Pretty Boy
22-12-2011, 08:51 AM
It sounds bad but Terry looks like a prick to me.

Everything about him annoys me, his face, his hair, the way he talks etc

I'm being totally judgemental because I know nothing about him but he looks annoying so i have an irrational dislike of him. Not saying this is right but its th truth.

easty
22-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Do we still have to say 'allegedly' about Giggs and his brothers missus? Isn't that just a fact?

Tiger Woods is a bell end. I hold him in the same contempt I hold John Terry, it's not even the fact that they do things in thier public life, that society doesn't like, that bothers me, it's the attitude they have, the fact that they effervese smugness out of every pore.

If they'd been around in biblical times I've no doubt they'd both have claimed to be the son of god (Ooooh Tiger Woods, the black son of god, controversial? Can I call him black even, or does that make me racist? :wink:). I can just imagine John Terry commanding water to turn to wine (actually he'd try to turn it to Cristal), then becomming annoyed that it wasn't happening "do what I say I'm John Terry, you'll do it and you'll like it...."

I really can't stand that dick.

Green Man
22-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Terry comes across as a knob, not only off the pitch (affairs etc) but also on the pitch with his constant hounding of referees. He's a great player - although probably starting to decline now - but the way he acts on the pitch is very dislikeable.

WellingtonHibby
22-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Anyone who ****s his best mates bird and takes the Pisa out of 9/11 relatives at Gatwick deserves little more than incessant abuse and a good shoeing.

Andy74
22-12-2011, 09:01 AM
People just like to be offended by public figures these days and because they are high profile in the media these days people think they know them and can judge them as people.

Like the criticism of Black I don't get all this upset about being a thug on the pitch. We are crying out for a bit of aggression ourselves and its up to the refs to punish anyone who has stepped over the line. We used to praise players that were known to take people out when it was required.

As for having affairs, I don't know why that should bother anyone to the point of hating them. People in all walsk of life do that but footballers seem to attract more disgust because that suits peopl'es image of young guys acting ot of order that they like to think is what footballers really are.

I don't really care about John Terry either way, I don't know him. Nothing he has done ootball wise has particularly annoyed me and I'd take him in the Hibs team any day of the week, a pity he is never likely to consider that!

MB62
22-12-2011, 09:02 AM

Why did you ask the question?
What is your opinion on Terry?

cocopops1875
22-12-2011, 09:06 AM
It sounds bad but Terry looks like a prick to me.

I'm being totally judgemental because I know nothing about him but he looks annoying so i have an irrational dislike of him. Not saying this is right but its th truth.
100% This

basehibby
22-12-2011, 09:07 AM

In common with many modern day footballers, Terry earns our emnity simply by being what he is - a Smug, Rich See You Next Tuesday.

Even the very best players these days are paid way way beyond what they deserve for the job they do - many are totally out of touch with the ordinary fan and when that is combined with an "if I was chocolate I would eat myself" attitude, these guys become figures most of us would just LOVE to see dragged down a peg or two.

Lets face it - even merchant bankers probably work harder for their money than the average EPL footballer these days and when you put it in that context, Terry and his ilk actually get off pretty lightly.

SteveHFC
22-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Terry is a prick

CFC
22-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Why did you ask the question?What is your opinion on Terry?1. Like I said in the OP, people seem to hold very strong views of footballers nowadays. Dont get me wrong theres been players that I have disliked but never to the point of pure hatred. Remember when those England fans built an effigy of Beckham being hung or last season when Lennon got the parcel bombs? That type of physcopathic hatred is alien to me. I love football as a sport not as an excuse to hate. I dont and never will unferstand why people sing about being upto their knees in fenian blood at a game of football. 2. My opinion on Terry is that the guy has all his brains in his boots. He is more or less an idiot who was gifted the ability to play football but I wouldnt say I hate him. In reality there are far, far worse lowlifes out there preying on yne elderly, mugging people, stealing cars and burglaring houses.

PeterboroHibee
22-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Hes got a long list of awful things hes supposedly done -

The 9/11 thing at Heathrow (although he wasnt alone in that).
Parking his car in disabled bays.
The thing at Chelsea training ground and his box at Wembley.
Sleeping with a mates ex and cheating on his wife.
And now the racism allegations.

His just a very undesirable character, who seems to cause no end of bother if things arent going his way, both on and off the pitch. He is a good player, obviously, but think he is a bit overrated by English (or maybe just Chelsea) fans.

Also, when Craig Bellamy comes out and says noone in the game really likes him, that says alot!

Kato
22-12-2011, 09:51 AM
People just like to be offended by public figures these days and because they are high profile in the media these days people think they know them and can judge them as people.

SO your sayign that "people" generalise too much and too illustrate that your are generalising about people. :confused:

Andy74
22-12-2011, 09:52 AM
SO your sayign that "people" generalise too much and too illustrate that your are generalising about people. :confused:

Indeed :greengrin

CFC
22-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Some great points here Andy that I 100% agree with.
People just like to be offended by public figures these days and because they are high profile in the media these days people think they know them and can judge them as people. Like the criticism of Black I don't get all this upset about being a thug on the pitch. We are crying out for a bit of aggression ourselves and its up to the refs to punish anyone who has stepped over the line. We used to praise players that were known to take people out when it was required. As for having affairs, I don't know why that should bother anyone to the point of hating them. People in all walsk of life do that but footballers seem to attract more disgust because that suits peopl'es image of young guys acting ot of order that they like to think is what footballers really are.I don't really care about John Terry either way, I don't know him. Nothing he has done ootball wise has particularly annoyed me and I'd take him in the Hibs team any day of the week, a pity he is never likely to consider that!

MB62
22-12-2011, 10:07 AM
1. Like I said in the OP, people seem to hold very strong views of footballers nowadays. Dont get me wrong theres been players that I have disliked but never to the point of pure hatred. Remember when those England fans built an effigy of Beckham being hung or last season when Lennon got the parcel bombs? That type of physcopathic hatred is alien to me. I love football as a sport not as an excuse to hate. I dont and never will unferstand why people sing about being upto their knees in fenian blood at a game of football. 2. My opinion on Terry is that the guy has all his brains in his boots. He is more or less an idiot who was gifted the ability to play football but I wouldnt say I hate him. In reality there are far, far worse lowlifes out there preying on yne elderly, mugging people, stealing cars and burglaring houses.

HATE is a very strong word, don't see any/many saying they HATE J.T., a big dislike yes certainly.
I reckon there was possibly only TWO people that I actually might have HATED, Maggie Thatcher and Wallace Mercer, but that would be it for me.

Captain Trips
22-12-2011, 10:09 AM
I think that as we do not know them as people away from pitch/media anything in press is all we know so in JTs case it is not good, might be 100% guy but most of population will not know that so we go on the things we see.

JT is a good player but all I know of him as a person are bad reports that over the years have turned out to have been true. I do not think you get to many good stories on players just the bad so high profile players you do not hear much about tend to be more liked.

Kato
22-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Some great points here Andy that I 100% agree with.

So do you reckon it's "peoples" fault that he is made out to be such a d*ck and the reality is that he's not?

Other's on here have given perfectly reasonable points on why he is actually a d*ick, the 9/11 thing alone is purely disgusting behaviour.

However.

You are within your rights to carry on blaming "people", but in doing so you are completely wrong.

PISTOL1875
22-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Great player, natural born leader on the park, a winner, have him in your team all day long.

Off the park the guy is a knob. So its these behind the scene shannigans that determine fellow professional views of him and the publics perception. He shat in his own bed, so let him lie in his own *****e.

Never a great player in a million years.. He is yet another average English player who is made to look good by the foreign players that play around him...

PISTOL1875
22-12-2011, 10:20 AM
No doubt an excellent player however his behaviour on the pitch is very much school bully whether it be opponents or officials. No real redeeming qualities from what I can see and his current charge doesnt exactly make it any better does it. His off field antics dont exactly impress getting involved in night club brawls, being part of Chelsea players getting plastered and acting up on September 11th in front of upset Americans to his apparent personal life which appears to be overwhelmingly selfish not really caring who he hurts.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

JimBHibees
22-12-2011, 10:23 AM
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Really an established international player and captain. Thats not to say he cant be caught out as he isnt the quickest however he is a standout most seasons in the EPL. He wouldnt be captain of Chelsea and England if he wasnt.

CFC
22-12-2011, 10:24 AM
So do you reckon it's "peoples" fault that he is made out to be such a d*ck and the reality is that he's not? Other's on here have given perfectly reasonable points on why he is actually a d*ick, the 9/11 thing alone is purely disgusting behaviour. However. You are within your rights to carry on blaming "people", but in doing so you are completely wrong.How have I blamed people? Andys post hit the nail on the head, people love to be pissed off and enraged about trivial pish that has no bearing on their lives. Terry probably is a dick but Id be very wary of accepting the medias portratyal of him as FAIR consudering that the press is by and large sensationalist and agenda driven."Ryan Giggs has been sleeping around" - oh my God, bring back hanging, I am morally outraged that a man I previously thought of as a paragon of virtue has been exposed as an adulterer.

PISTOL1875
22-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Really an established international player and captain. Thats not to say he cant be caught out as he isnt the quickest however he is a standout most seasons in the EPL. He wouldnt be captain of Chelsea and England if he wasnt.

He is ****.. Only in the position he is because the press would destroy any manager who was brave enough to drop him. Look at the situation with Frank Lampard.. Can't get a regular game in the Chelsea team and AVB is constantly asked questions regarding this at press conferences like he's commited mass murder...

English players are simply over-rated and over-hyped.. Yet because they play in the EPL they are considered '' world Class ''

Hibernia Na Eir
22-12-2011, 10:32 AM
hate the jobbie, cause:-

A) - He's captain of England

B) - Plays for Chelsea

quite enough to hate anyone !

JimBHibees
22-12-2011, 10:43 AM
He is ****.. Only in the position he is because the press would destroy any manager who was brave enough to drop him. Look at the situation with Frank Lampard.. Can't get a regular game in the Chelsea team and AVB is constantly asked questions regarding this at press conferences like he's commited mass murder...

English players are simply over-rated and over-hyped.. Yet because they play in the EPL they are considered '' world Class ''

So AVB and Capello are playing him knowing he is poor and likely to make them more likely to lose games and subsequently their jobs because they are scared of the press, thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:

No-one said he was world class as he isnt but he is an established international and club captain and a very good player. Bit of a generalisation 'English players are overrated'.

Kato
22-12-2011, 10:53 AM
How have I blamed people?

You agree with Andy that there isn't much in John Terry's behaviour to get excited about but that "people" love to hate so therefore the perception of him must be down to "people". If John Terry were a model professional and behaved himself on and off the park "people" wouldn't have these opinions.

Andys post hit the nail on the head, people love to be pissed off and enraged about trivial pish that has no bearing on their lives.

There you go again. Are you saying adultery, racism, the 9/11 stuff (probably lots more, I don't pay that much attention) has no bearing on other "people's" lives? Like it or not professional sportsmen are role models. If I were a Chelsea fan (which thank the lord I ain't) and had kids who looked up to those players I'd be "people" who would have every right to hate/dislike the guy.

Terry probably is a dick but Id be very wary of accepting the medias portratyal of him as FAIR .............

If the press has printed any untruths about JT then he has the wherewithall to sue. In fact never has there been a better climate to take the press the task. Given that he hasn't really contested much of what was in the press maybe, just maybe their reporting is accurate (it has been known to happen). He makes plenty money from the media so if there's another side to him that's appears there then he can have zero complaints (unless it's llies).

Deflecting bad behaviour because it's reported in the press (diddums) and people pick up opinions on that behaviour from there doesn't negate the behaviour. Are we supposed to feel for him because he got found out?

I suppose Bin Laden didn't deserved a bullet in the head because the press and people were "unfair" to him.

As I said I don't hate him as I haven't got any stronger feelings other than thinking he's a bit of a pr*ck. I found myself thinking that going by the way he carried himself on the park and didn't need the press or "people" to shape what I thought. Seems like I was right and if stories make it to the press then however tough that might on him be in your eyes he only has himself to blame.

PISTOL1875
22-12-2011, 11:04 AM
So AVB and Capello are playing him knowing he is poor and likely to make them more likely to lose games and subsequently their jobs because they are scared of the press, thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:

No-one said he was world class as he isnt but he is an established international and club captain and a very good player. Bit of a generalisation 'English players are overrated'.

Can you imagine the mass suicide if he wasn't picked for Chelsea ?? You remember the outcry when Ruud Gullit dropped Alan Shearer ?? He lost the dressing room straight away , players didn't perform because he didn't fancy the '' prodigal son '' and eventually got the bullet..

Lets be honest , the press in this country make or break you..

hibiedude
22-12-2011, 11:10 AM

The question was why do people hate John Terry- I gave some explanations why this might be the case.

My own personal opinion of Terry is he’s a thug who’s famous with Millions in the bank so he gets away with things other wouldn’t and for people to say he’s a good footballer is questionable in my opinion.

You raise the point that he can’t be held accountable for what other do in his family but his whole family are rotten to the core- that was the point in my original reply.

People will judge you on the person you are and the things you have done in your life- so John Terry is judged on the person he is and what he has done in his life.

The other two names you mentioned have made a fortune out their family image which turned out to be a sham both used the law to hide their indiscretions

Gus
22-12-2011, 11:15 AM
People attacking John Terry rightly or wrongly..........up to the individual I guess.

Don't know him as a person but some of the things he has done off the park are stupid and he does carry alot of arrogance. But on the park he is a leader & he has achieved things in his career.

Just wondering people's thoughts on taking/possessing class A drugs & car insurance fraud??? (sorry if mentioned already)

CFC
22-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Hibiedude I respect your opinions bud, thats why I asked the question. Im just trying to get an insight into how people think on this issue.

As far as Giggsy goes I dont think his image was a sham, he just kept his head down, was the "model pro" so didnt attract much attention from the redtops.

My opinion of him never changed, I dont care what unscrupulous newspaper editors intent on ruining someones reputation have to say. If anything I liked him more because it showed he was fallible/human.

Kato - you need sense of perspective imo. JT is an idiot not a serial killer.

Andy74
22-12-2011, 11:33 AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/tube-drivers-in-fresh-bid-to-become-more-hated-than-footballers-201112224706/

Hibercelona
22-12-2011, 11:37 AM
I think most England players in general are quite disliked up here.

But Terry genuinely is a fud. He has that "everything I touch turns to gold" attitude that seems to be associated with quite a lot of England players.

hibiedude
22-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Hibiedude I respect your opinions bud, thats why I asked the question. Im just trying to get an insight into how people think on this issue.

As far as Giggsy goes I dont think his image was a sham, he just kept his head down, was the "model pro" so didnt attract much attention from the redtops.

My opinion of him never changed, I dont care what unscrupulous newspaper editors intent on ruining someones reputation have to say. If anything I liked him more because it showed he was fallible/human.

Gigs made a fortune with sponsors on the family image he built- with an alleged pumping of his sister in law "over years" remember this wasn’t a one night stand. There can be nothing worse in a family in what Giggsy did to his brother.

As for the media they like nothing better than to build someone up so they can knock them back down again for their amusement when selling their newspapers.

As for Tiger he clearly doesn’t believe in a hole in one. :greengrin

Kato
22-12-2011, 11:56 AM

I have a very keen sense of perspective. Which part of posts show that I think he should be treated as a serial killer? I stated twice that I don't have any strong feelings towards him, he's a d*ck plain and simple.

If you think from reading what I posted anything other than that then you have an over active imagination.

I think maybe it's you who needs perspective on this. As stated above John Terry's actions have nothing to do with the media or "people's" opinions of him, he's responsible, no-one else.

Your perspective seems to want to paint him as victim of those opinions and the media's reporting of his actions - which is just warped. This is bourne out by claiming the above.

Take time out - show me the "seriel killer" stuff. Please.

CFC
22-12-2011, 12:15 PM
You have no strong feelings towards him? Yet in your first post you say he is a "dislikeable prat". Is that not a strong feeling or do you often describe people as dislikeable prats?

As for serial killer you made mention of Bin Laden which was an obscure analogy if ever I read one.

Lastly I think you should chill out your posts come off very confrontational, borderline rude. My reason for starting this thread was to gain valuable insight into how people perceive footballers and why they become targets for public disdain.

Im not trying to win an argument here or score points I have just learned that the best way to educate yourself in life is to ask lots of questions.

Kato
22-12-2011, 01:20 PM
You have no strong feelings towards him? Yet in your first post you say he is a "dislikeable prat". Is that not a strong feeling or do you often describe people as dislikeable prats?

There are far stronger feelings available than saying someone is a dislikeable prat.

You yourself stated on this thread --

I know a lot of footballers are fuds

He is more or less an idiot

Terry probably is a dick

None of which are that far removed from what I said. Perspective indeed.

As for serial killer you made mention of Bin Laden which was an obscure analogy if ever I read one.

Nothing wrong with a bit hyperbole, I was making reference to your assertion that "people" and the media are in some way responsible for the way JT's actions are percieved, whereas it's his actions that solely bring that about. I wasn't claiming John Terry was as bad as Bin Laden.

Lastly I think you should chill out your posts come off very confrontational, borderline rude.

I think it's rude to assume and infer that "people" can't think for themselves and that the media shape "peoples" attitudes, but there you go. They shape some people's opinion but they can't do that without there first being something to have an opinion on, which JT supplies in spades (no pun intended).

My reason for starting this thread was to gain valuable insight into how people perceive footballers and why they become targets for public disdain.

Im not trying to win an argument here or score points I have just learned that the best way to educate yourself in life is to ask lots of questions.

Well you should question whether John Terry has brought all of this upon himself. He knows how the status of "celebrity" in this country works, he knows respect has to earned and I assume he knows racist comments are a big no-no. If he seeks to exploit his status as a celebrity by earning money through sponsership then doesn't play that game properly he gets thrown to the dogs. He could have chosen not to dance with the devil. Maybe he's a stupid disllikeable prat.

Football has always had an element of tribal hatred within it. Some choose to make that their main concern in their support of whoever they support and some have more sense. I realise what you are saying in that hatred towards someone like him may be over the top but then again some people hate racists, some people hate adulterers - there isn't a steady level of feeling to which everyone should aspire to - everyone is different and that still leaves plenty room for a level of feeling that is neither hatred or total forgiveness, merely dislike.

That's maybe a perspective you should try and understand before you claim that hating him is over the top - you may think racism and adultery aren't reasons for hatred but not everyone has to settle for your level of what is acceptable.

As I said I don't hate him, I'm very slow to hate anything or anybody but I think he's a dislikeable prat. After this thread is done and dusted I won't be thinking about him at all as it's not a feeling that grips me strongly enough.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I dont like Terry, he's England captain thats reason number 1. Some of his actions have made me form an opinion that he's a prick, reasons 2 3 and 4. Yet the one thing he did that i always remember more than most, was how he charged someone 10k to tour the training ground and i think the stadium with him.

What a greedy twat. A leader my arse, he's all for himself.

essexhibee
22-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Peeing at a Bar and parking in disabled pays just because he can afford the fines are my two reasons for hating Terry. :agree:

Guy is vermin.

Killiehibbie
22-12-2011, 02:11 PM
If he wasn't a football player he'd probably be in jail.

Highland Hibby
22-12-2011, 02:32 PM
I havent read all the posts so sorry if this has been said but I think that when someone is given £000's a week at a young age along with messiah like adulation it is going to have an effect on their personality. It used to be that scrubbing a first team players boots and sweeping the terraces would keep your feet on the ground but that has long since been abolished. If the players were on a more realistic wage or at least got some kind of education or help from the clubs as to what their life is going to be like, and advised about hangers on, yes men and other types who will be drawn to them then I dont think this would happen so often.

Its not just in football weve just seen arguably the best p4p boxer in the world imprisoned for punching his wife/gf whatever it was. It used to be your mates would keep you in check but when you can afford to buy new mates who cares? I certainly dont think he (JT) is blameless but throw a million quid at a teenager and you can just sit back and watch the rise of his bank balance start, the decline of his common sense.

JimBHibees
22-12-2011, 02:42 PM
I havent read all the posts so sorry if this has been said but I think that when someone is given £000's a week at a young age along with messiah like adulation it is going to have an effect on their personality. It used to be that scrubbing a first team players boots and sweeping the terraces would keep your feet on the ground but that has long since been abolished. If the players were on a more realistic wage or at least got some kind of education or help from the clubs as to what their life is going to be like, and advised about hangers on, yes men and other types who will be drawn to them then I dont think this would happen so often.

Its not just in football weve just seen arguably the best p4p boxer in the world imprisoned for punching his wife/gf whatever it was. It used to be your mates would keep you in check but when you can afford to buy new mates who cares? I certainly dont think he (JT) is blameless but throw a million quid at a teenager and you can just sit back and watch the rise of his bank balance start, the decline of his common sense.

I can hear what you are saying however there are no doubt many professionals in a similar boat who are consumate pros and lead exemplary lifestyles. It is down to the individuals and the choices they make.

Captain Trips
22-12-2011, 02:46 PM
John Terry isnt all players he is one of 1000s out of those 1000s a few have appeared if reports are true idiots, the same as the 1 or 2 in factories whom act the same, I think we only dislike players whom have done something to be disliked for in most cases.

So lets not have John Terry as a representative of footballers as he isnt.

Highland Hibby
22-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I can hear what you are saying however there are no doubt many professionals in a similar boat who are consumate pros and lead exemplary lifestyles. It is down to the individuals and the choices they make.

Absolutely, it just seems stuff like this is happening a lot more now, you didnt hear about it nearly as much 20 odd years ago, football is in the spotlight and weve seen recently what newspapers will do for a story. I remember a story about Michael Owen who is the type of player you mention and the story went that Max Clifford told him he wasn't getting enough exposure so he made up a story about him having £00,000's of gambling debts. We have become a different society from about the early 90's and the people you talk of are sadly dwindling. But yes there is a responsibility for footballers to keep the heid, definitely.

son of haggart
22-12-2011, 03:02 PM
My kids will never forgive him!

http://www.kingstonguardian.co.uk/news/9329207.Fangs_for_nothing__John_Terry_denies_snake _shop_booking/

lapsedhibee
22-12-2011, 03:03 PM

:agree: Don't see why Rooney and Henry are lumped in with Terry and Lennon in the OP though. Are the first two generally loathed in the way that Terry is? Rooney and Henry are great players who've made a high-profile mistake or two. Lennon and Terry are ordinary, or maybe a bit above ordinary, players who are high-profile odious fuds.

Paisley Hibby
22-12-2011, 05:06 PM
My kids will never forgive him!

http://www.kingstonguardian.co.uk/news/9329207.Fangs_for_nothing__John_Terry_denies_snake _shop_booking/

This was the thing I was trying to remember. Around the same time as this there was a great article in The Times about Terry. It looked at all the things he has done over the years - most of which have already been referred to in this thread. In each case Terry's defence was that it was all just a misunderstanding and how coulkd anyone think otherwise. Indeed, that is his defence in the Anton Ferdinand case, The item ended with a grreat quote which said something like John Terry is either an incredibly unfortunate misunderstood individual or a completely odious liar. Take your pick.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-12-2011, 06:11 PM
He is Chelsea captain whom I hate.

He is Mingland captain which is even worse.

John Terry..leader...captain...womaniser...racist

Sergeant Hibs
22-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Basically John Terry is a cheating ****bag i think that is why many hate him

snooky
22-12-2011, 06:55 PM
"Why do people hate John Terry?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OtzURRG108

SteveHFC
22-12-2011, 07:01 PM
"Why do people hate John Terry?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OtzURRG108

"Just put sorry"
:faf:

Moulin Yarns
22-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Terry comes across as a knob, not only off the pitch (affairs etc) but also on the pitch with his constant hounding of referees. He's a great player - although probably starting to decline now - but the way he acts on the pitch is very dislikeable.My sis in law is a midwife, used to work in Essex and she has told me how big a knob JT is. She has first hand experience when mrs JT was giving birth.

Iggy Pope
22-12-2011, 07:51 PM

As well as having a dislike for John Terry, can I add that I hate golfers?
Thanks.

Iggy Pope
22-12-2011, 07:57 PM
My sis in law is a midwife, used to work in Essex and she has told me how big a knob JT is. She has first hand experience when mrs JT was giving birth.

Oh dear
:lips seal

nortonhibby
22-12-2011, 08:28 PM

Good player a Winner Kinda reminds me of Tony Adams who also had his problems but also a cracking player winners like these guys are abused due to Envy .

soupy
22-12-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't think anyone should really have to spell it out why they hate him, his own headlines do that for him.