PDA

View Full Version : Blackburn v Bolton

steakbake
20-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Anyone watching this? Reminds me of the last days of Calderwood. Someone has to put Kean out his misery.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Anyone watching this? Reminds me of the last days of Calderwood. Someone has to put Kean out his misery.

Hope he's not working his ticket to Birmingham as well, terrific to see how they've done since Coco joined them, money to be made backing against them :greengrin

Billy Whizz
20-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Hope he's not working his ticket to Birmingham as well, terrific to see how they've done since Coco joined them, money to be made backing against them :greengrin

I wish Caldewood would have shown the same passion as Steve Kean

joe breezy
21-12-2011, 05:01 AM
I'm not sure Steve Kean is that bad a manager, his team could have won had a chance gone in and they got a penalty

They also came out better after half time

It's obviously a very hard league and they've got most of their defence out and injured

Andy74
21-12-2011, 06:12 AM
Presumably Coyle would have been gone had he been a Hibs manager?

Beefster
21-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Presumably Coyle would have been gone had he been a Hibs manager?

I think Hibs usually need about 7 months of dross, judging by the last two managers. Bolton have only been mince for 4 months although I think the AGM is the key at Hibs.

steakbake
21-12-2011, 07:03 AM

I was thinking that the other night: that late Palace goal was very reminiscent of the way things went for us.

I think I am right in saying that percentage wise, Calderwood has a slightly worse record than Kean's? Any stattos confirm or otherwise? Even if I'm wrong, it will be marginal surely.

LancashireHibby
21-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Very harsh to compare Kean to Calderwood - I was at the game last night and regardless of how poor they were in the first half, Rovers came out with a rocket up their backside after half-time. Definitely squeaky bum time for probably the last 40 minutes as a Bolton fan! Really entertaining game and the right result as far as I'm concerned.

Certainly have never seen such ferocity in the protests against a manager though, not as if we went to the extent of getting t-shirts, scarves, banners etc against Calderwood - all it took was 20 people outside reception after the Dunfermline game, whereas when we were stuck in traffic outside Ewood more than an hour after last night's game there were still several hundred protesting outside of the ground.

Andy74
21-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Very harsh to compare Kean to Calderwood - I was at the game last night and regardless of how poor they were in the first half, Rovers came out with a rocket up their backside after half-time. Definitely squeaky bum time for probably the last 40 minutes as a Bolton fan! Really entertaining game and the right result as far as I'm concerned.

Certainly have never seen such ferocity in the protests against a manager though, not as if we went to the extent of getting t-shirts, scarves, banners etc against Calderwood - all it took was 20 people outside reception after the Dunfermline game, whereas when we were stuck in traffic outside Ewood more than an hour after last night's game there were still several hundred protesting outside of the ground.

Agree, I've seen Blackburn a few times this year and I think they have been really unlucky.

I think it goes deeper to their distrust of the owners and you can't argue with the fact that results have been poor but it is quite a difficult atmosphere for the players. They were still well in that game last night but it was almost a sideshow to the protests.

LancashireHibby
21-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Agree, I've seen Blackburn a few times this year and I think they have been really unlucky.

I think it goes deeper to their distrust of the owners and you can't argue with the fact that results have been poor but it is quite a difficult atmosphere for the players. They were still well in that game last night but it was almost a sideshow to the protests.

I don't think the TV coverage would have shown even the half of it. There were big groups stood right at the front of each stand milling about in front of the seating area and at least 4 people were ejected for trying to jump on to the pitch with another ejected from the main stand for trying to get in to the dug out.

Very surprised by how much they seemed to want to play for Kean last night, especially in the second half as they created a lot of chances and we rode our luck a little bit, even though we might have nicked a couple on the counter attack late on. A real poisonous atmosphere around Rovers at the minute which certainly goes back to the owners, albeit that is maybe down to them expecting the cash to be thrown about and then throwing their toys out of the pram when that didn't happen.