H18sry
20-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Breaking news on Sky

Found guilty of racially abusing Evra

joe breezy
20-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I liked Liverpool as a kid, Dalglish Hansen and Souness and what a team

But I'm shocked at them being shocked at Suarez's ban and punishment

He admitted repeatedly calling Evra 'negro' not negretti or whatever the south American 'term of endearment' is

He kept calling Evra negro

He's lived in northern Europe for over 3 years, Amsterdam is an English speaking city, he would know well that 'negro' is a condescending term from the slave / inequality days

Now the Scousers are up on arms claiming to be the victims yet again

I'm surprised

I genuinely thought their fans were fair minded but no

leither17
20-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I liked Liverpool as a kid, Dalglish Hansen and Souness and what a teamBut I'm shocked at them being shocked at Suarez's ban and punishmentHe admitted repeatedly calling Evra 'negro' not negretti or whatever the south American 'term of endearment' isHe kept calling Evra negroHe's lived in northern Europe for over 3 years, Amsterdam is an English speaking city, he would know well that 'negro' is a condescending term from the slave / inequality daysNow the Scousers are up on arms claiming to be the victims yet againI'm surprisedI genuinely thought their fans were fair minded but noWhere is that reported that he called him negreo

leither17
20-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Here is liverpools statement on it http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/liverpool-fc-statement-8

Baldy Foghorn
20-12-2011, 09:17 PM
8 game ban..............

Sergeant Hibs
20-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Good hate the racists

hibsdaft
20-12-2011, 11:42 PM
I'm a Liverpool follower too.

I'm keeping my faith in Kenny on this for now. He has a proven track record on this issue and I for one trust him on it. He effectively appointed the first black manager to a top flight UK football club afterall.

So far the only evidence against Suarez appears to be the word of one man. It seems that Dalglish and LFC have reason to doubt that man's word, or believe there may be an alternative explanation (cultural misunderstandings, mishearing etc).

This seems reasonable enough to me at this juncture, and I think its fair to say that KD and LFC would be behaving oddly if they chose Evra's word on their own player's.

I don't think there's much more that can be said on this matter until the full FA Report is published.

Sergeant Hibs
20-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Deseves it stupidity

Mon the toffees

hibsdaft
20-12-2011, 11:52 PM
He admitted repeatedly calling Evra 'negro' not negretti or whatever the south American 'term of endearment' is

They seemed to be saying it was "negreto" on 5live tonight.

This section from the LFC statement was of interest to me:

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

One suspicion I had with the Terry incident and that may apply here is that the player was/is being cute. If Terry shouted at Ferdinand "I didn't call you a ******ING N***ER" in a certain tone, emphasising the last two words and shouting them with a sinister aggression, it becomes the abuse it is pretending not to be. He would probably not have lied in his subsequent statements however, and it becomes even more difficult to prove. Its possible Suarez was being similarly cute at the time, and cute subsequently in explaining what happened. But until the report is released this is just conjecture.