PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle - New signing! (Confirmed)

Pages : [1] 2

hibeeleicester
20-12-2011, 02:04 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4009163/Hibs-go-for-Sligo-ace-Eoin.html

:rolleyes:

CraigHibee
20-12-2011, 02:09 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4009163/Hibs-go-for-Sligo-ace-Eoin.html

let's see how this guy gets on :)

zlatan
20-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Definitely a market we should be using more. Conor Sammon, for example, had nowhere near as good a scoring record as this chap in the Irish league and look at him now.

Haymaker
20-12-2011, 02:46 AM
33 in 92 games. Decent return, lets hope it all goes well! :aok:

Hibby cal
20-12-2011, 03:29 AM
Hope he does a good job for us
He's still young and obviously
Knows were the net is ,25 goals
Last season.
Hope pat gets us a decent RB
And a creative MF

Good luck Eoin
:pfgwa:pfgwa

Dinkydoo
20-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Good stuff Fenlon; 25 goals, just what we need.

hibsfan7
20-12-2011, 05:50 AM
All we need now is to sign up bodie and we will have a real proffesional outfit

:cb

The_Horde
20-12-2011, 06:07 AM
Barry.. its been ages since we had a decent ginger.

Peevemor
20-12-2011, 06:32 AM
I think we all know how his mum celebrated the news.

http://splashofmilk.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/mrsdoyle.jpg

Hainan Hibs
20-12-2011, 06:35 AM
With 25 goals he seems like the type of guy we need.

Hopefully Fenlon brings over a few gems.

Barney McGrew
20-12-2011, 06:47 AM
I think we all know how his mum celebrated the news.

:hilarious

Billy Whizz
20-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Don't know anything about him but he's a good age.

Mikey
20-12-2011, 07:11 AM

Written him off already?

Andy74
20-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Known as the Green Messi.

Speedway
20-12-2011, 08:12 AM
;3041948']Barry.. its been ages since we had a decent ginger.

What makes you think he's decent?

PeterboroHibee
20-12-2011, 08:15 AM

Why the eye roll? Because its a player you havent heard of?

The irish leagues are somewhere we should definitely be looking, lots of talent there and with a manager who knows it well, he should have a good idea about who could add to the team. The likes of Dundee United have plenty of boys from the irish leagues on their books and theyve been part of a fairly successful team.

Would be pleased with that signing, clearly a goal scorer (something we have been lacking, O'Connor aside) and still fairly young.

Golden Bear
20-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Is is not the case that we're only looking at this guy as a potential signing?

Hibbyradge
20-12-2011, 09:13 AM

Hibs.net poster writes off a player he has never heard of before - shock, horror probe. :rolleyes:

PeeJay
20-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Nothing on the offical site about this new signing - is this another one of those "SUN" exclusives? :confused:

IFONLY
20-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Known as the Green Messi.

You know what that means!!!!!

bingo70
20-12-2011, 09:18 AM
For all the sun gets stick they're normally fairly accurate recently with rumours about us, they were the first to run with the story about fenlon getting the job.

I don't think they care about us enough to make up stories

brog
20-12-2011, 09:21 AM
According to DR, with pretty much same reliability rating as the Sun, he may come on trial.

IFONLY
20-12-2011, 09:22 AM

If he is a free agent how come we cant sign him now.

robinp
20-12-2011, 09:42 AM
If he is a free agent how come we cant sign him now.

You have to be a free agent at the end of the previous window which applies to the purchasing club, i.e. for Hibs it would be the summer window.

I presume coming from Ireland (where they play summer football like the russians who also have alternative transfer windows (see Garry Occonnor signing for Loko Moscow in March)) he was still signed to a club at the end of August and thus cannot sign for us until January.

Broken Gnome
20-12-2011, 09:58 AM
For all the sun gets stick they're normally fairly accurate recently with rumours about us, they were the first to run with the story about fenlon getting the job.

I don't think they care about us enough to make up stories

Julien Brellier....

Hibs On Tour
20-12-2011, 10:05 AM
33 in 92 games. Decent return, lets hope it all goes well! :aok:

38 in 127 actually, counting his previous clubs :nerd: ... still decent enough

Andy74
20-12-2011, 10:18 AM
38 in 127 actually, counting his previous clubs :nerd: ... still decent enough

Seems to have only recently played as a striker. No idea what he was before'

frazeHFC
20-12-2011, 10:21 AM

Typical .net reaction. He's **** before he's kicked a ball.

Get a grip.

Jim44
20-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Is is not the case that we're only looking at this guy as a potential signing?

Well the report says (OK it's the Sun) that Fenlon will sign him today.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Good luck Eoin, welcome to the mad house. :thumbsup:

DaveF
20-12-2011, 10:29 AM

Get a grip.

I think you'll find it's the OP's reaction and not whole of .net

In fact, everyone else on this thread is positive about the possibility.

Still, don't let that get in the way of your moan :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
20-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Well the report says (OK it's the Sun) that Fenlon will sign him today.

Itll be the same as the boy mentioned in the article that United have signed, wont be able to play any games until January but would still be our player (if theres any truth in it).

Andy74
20-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Evening News says we are weighing up a move for him and he is expected to be assessed at East Mains.

scoopyboy
20-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Evening News says we are weighing up a move for him and he is expected to be assessed at East Mains.

Typical Hibs.

Surely the manager knows if he is good enough having been in the League for the full duration of the player's career.

Craig_in_Prague
20-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Typical Hibs.

Surely the manager knows if he is good enough having been in the League for the full duration of the player's career.

Maybe it means just a medical, conditioning etc?

I assume Fenlon wants some players that can come in and hit the ground running straight away (Jan 2nd on). He knows fine well they need to deliver.

scoopyboy
20-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Maybe it means just a medical, conditioning etc?

I assume Fenlon wants some players that can come in and hit the ground running straight away (Jan 2nd on). He knows fine well they need to deliver.

I would hope you are correct.

Get him in for a fortnight's training prior to the derby.

Golden Bear
20-12-2011, 11:52 AM
I would hope you are correct.

Get him in for a fortnight's training prior to the derby.

He's still under contract with Sligo Rovers until the end of this month so I presume that will prevent us from signing him right now. And of course the player himself might want to weigh up his options.

PatHead
20-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Could still sign a pre contract with Hibs, train with us if Sligo let him and then play Jan 2nd

Speedway
20-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Relax everyone, the Sun reporter has heard the name wrong. It's not Eoin Doyle but Owen Coyle we're signing.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Think the OP meant either he's scored 23 goals in...erm Irish football or this is just a stepping stone so the smellies will come knocking for him in their quest to sign anyone with an Irish name...

Or something like that...:wink:

Franck Stanton
20-12-2011, 12:18 PM
cant we just be pleased we are signing/about to sign a strker ? A proven goalscorer, albeit from a lower standard league [debatable], but, he still knows the way to goal. It's not as though we are over-endowed with prolific goal scoring players now are we ?. Given the criteria used by some posters on .Net, that would mean GOC / Jelavic/ Stokes etc if they moved to the EPL [a superior league to the SPL], they would be considered crap too. Christ the boy isn't even here yet and some are moaning already.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2011, 12:19 PM
I've no problems at all with us signing players from the Republic of Ireland, if they are going to improve the team.

The only downside is, of course, any of them who turn out to be half decent for us will probably end up at Parkhead within 12 months and playing for their "boyhood heroes". :boo hoo:

Franck Stanton
20-12-2011, 12:28 PM
I've no problems at all with us signing players from the Republic of Ireland, if they are going to improve the team.

The only downside is, of course, any of them who turn out to be half decent for us will probably end up at Parkhead within 12 months and playing for their "boyhood heroes". :boo hoo:

Could be right FH , but lets face it, even home grown players, some of whom profess to be Hibs supporters, do the self-same thing. As long as they give us a couple of seasons, improve the team then can't see the harm. We just replace them, thats life I'm afraid.

Hibbyradge
20-12-2011, 12:31 PM

I think most folk in Ireland support EPL teams.

Albion Hibs
20-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Fingers crossed he can make the transition from the Irish League to here, as many have said above there has been a few decent players coming across here to make a name of themselves.

I think the OP has kind of proved the point of the guy who started the thread on a some of the fan base being very negative.

soupy
20-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Typical Hibs.Surely the manager knows if he is good enough having been in the League for the full duration of the player's career.Aye but Rod doesny :-)

easty
20-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Relax everyone, the Sun reporter has heard the name wrong. It's not Eoin Doyle but Owen Coyle we're signing.

Relax everyone, Speedway has heard the name wrong. It's not Owen Coyle but Nadine Coyle from Girls Aloud we're signing.

SteveHFC
20-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Good Luck to him

Northernhibee
20-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Relax everyone, Speedway has heard the name wrong. It's not Owen Coyle but Nadine Coyle from Girls Aloud we're signing.

That'll do me :kinky

poolman
20-12-2011, 01:38 PM

Dearie me

A roll eyes smilie about someone you've probably never even heard of or seen :bitchy:

SteveHFC
20-12-2011, 01:42 PM

Get a ******* grip. You haven't seen him play for us yet.

Welcome Eoin :aok:

scoopyboy
20-12-2011, 01:42 PM
cant we just be pleased we are signing/about to sign a strker ? A proven goalscorer, albeit from a lower standard league [debatable], but, he still knows the way to goal. It's not as though we are over-endowed with prolific goal scoring players now are we ?. Given the criteria used by some posters on .Net, that would mean GOC / Jelavic/ Stokes etc if they moved to the EPL [a superior league to the SPL], they would be considered crap too. Christ the boy isn't even here yet and some are moaning already.

I'm not moaning about the player, I'm moaning about it being public knowledge that he's coming over.

We should sign him rather than advertise him for other clubs to potentially come in and chore him.

As I said earlier the manager should know if he's good enough or not.

green glory
20-12-2011, 01:43 PM

Someone 'in the know' told me it was Susan Boyle. :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
20-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Aye but Rod doesny :-)

You are correct of course.

JimBHibees
20-12-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm not moaning about the player, I'm moaning about it being public knowledge that he's coming over.

We should sign him rather than advertise him for other clubs to potentially come in and chore him.

I am pretty sure it wouldnt be Hibs advertising this. More likely someone connected to the player.

Peevemor
20-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I am pretty sure it wouldnt be Hibs advertising this. More likely someone connected to the player.

?

The Voice Of Reason
20-12-2011, 02:02 PM

Yes, he will be stringently assessed at East Mains in the following departments :-

8 Ball Pool
Poker
Gin Rummy
Pontoon

Only if he beats "big Gaz" will the management team think of signing him.

Incidentally, the player did offer to undertake a gruelling training session at Gullane Sand Dunes to prove his fitness, however the management team (strongly influenced by Tam McCourt) laughed this off as a practical joke.

Good luck to "The Ginger Bullet" if he signs. :thumbsup:

MrSmith
20-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes, he will be stringently assessed at East Mains in the following departments :-

8 Ball Pool
Poker
Gin Rummy
Pontoon
Greggs Run

Only if he beats "big Gaz" will the management team think of signing him.

Incidentally, the player did offer to undertake a gruelling training session at Gullane Sand Dunes to prove his fitness, however the management team (strongly influenced by Tam McCourt) laughed this off as a practical joke.

Good luck to "The Ginger Bullet" if he signs. :thumbsup:

Fixed it for ya!

The Voice Of Reason
20-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Fixed it for ya!

:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
20-12-2011, 02:20 PM
?

"Go on, go on". :greengrin

Peevemor
20-12-2011, 02:28 PM

Yewillyewillyewillyewillyewillyewillyewill..

Hibiza
20-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Well done pat, get all Caldos duds out the door. :flag:

Scott Allan Key
20-12-2011, 02:49 PM

I think we have a chant for him if he does sign!

hibeeleicester
20-12-2011, 03:08 PM

Get a grip.

Ah you got me mate, definitely said he was ****, glad the admins deleted that part of my post before anyone seen it!

Cheers admins :aok:

Hibs.net poster writes off a player he has never heard of before - shock, horror probe. :rolleyes:

Do i now give you the customary "Get a ****ING grip" now you have used the rolleyes similie?

Why the eye roll? Because its a player you havent heard of?

The irish leagues are somewhere we should definitely be looking, lots of talent there and with a manager who knows it well, he should have a good idea about who could add to the team. The likes of Dundee United have plenty of boys from the irish leagues on their books and theyve been part of a fairly successful team.

Would be pleased with that signing, clearly a goal scorer (something we have been lacking, O'Connor aside) and still fairly young.

Written him off already?

I think you'll find it's the OP's reaction and not whole of .net

In fact, everyone else on this thread is positive about the possibility.

Still, don't let that get in the way of your moan :greengrin

Dearie me

A roll eyes smilie about someone you've probably never even heard of or seen :bitchy:

Get a ******* grip. You haven't seen him play for us yet.

Welcome Eoin :aok:

wow one smilie and im being bombarded.

No i wont get a ****ing grip, please if you have a problem with me feel free to PM me, facebook me or offcourse Tweet me @lewisgfraser

If anyone knew me then they would know im incredibly optimistic about everything hibs, you obviously don't know me again feel free to get to know me via any of the above social sites, if you are not a part of this social network feel free to take me for a pint, will hopefully be up for xmas and depending on my own teams cup fixture i should be here for the derby. :aok:

So why the ":rolleyes:" i hear you ask?

Well i am usually very optimistic about these things, any signing is a good one in my eyes! This is the first time in my memory hibs have been bottom of the league, you all moan about taking risks with managers... I don't think this is the time to be taking risks with players. I was actually calling for the club to start searching the conference leagues in england as i know there are some quality players about, for example Andre Blackman of AFC Wimbledon, the club deemed him not good enough.... He's not long signed for Celtic. :cb

The rolleyes was simply because i'm unsure and i think we need players in simply to do a job, get us into safety and then let Doyle loose in the summer, if he flops then its not as bad as if he was to flop now. And i was tired and couldn't be arsed to type.

Now is this where i say sorry or something?

Look forward to speaking/meeting you all. Go on, i like a good chit chat.

Yours
Lad who needs to get a ****ing grip.

Bobby's Cinema
20-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Ah you got me mate, definitely said he was ****, glad the admins deleted that part of my post before anyone seen it!

Do i now give you the customary "Get a ****ING grip" now you have used the rolleyes similie?

No i wont get a ****ing grip, please if you have a problem with me feel free to PM me, facebook me or offcourse Tweet me @lewisgfraser

If anyone knew me then they would know im incredibly optimistic about everything hibs, you obviously don't know me again feel free to get to know me via any of the above social sites, if you are not a part of this social network feel free to take me for a pint, will hopefully be up for xmas and depending on my own teams cup fixture i should be here for the derby. :aok:

Well i am usually very optimistic about these things, any signing is a good one in my eyes! This is the first time in my memory hibs have been bottom of the league, you all moan about taking risks with managers... I don't think this is the time to be taking risks with players. I was actually calling for the club to start searching the conference leagues in england as i know there are some quality players about, for example Andre Blackman of AFC Wimbledon, the club deemed him not good enough.... He's not long signed for Celtic. :cb

The rolleyes was simply because i'm unsure and i think we need players in simply to do a job, get us into safety and then let Doyle loose in the summer, if he flops then its not as bad as if he was to flop now. And i was tired and couldn't be arsed to type.

Yours

:wink:

silverhibee
20-12-2011, 03:22 PM

What a bit like what happened with Adam Rooney. :wink: :greengrin

NOLA
20-12-2011, 03:34 PM

looks like michael renwicks wee brother :greengrin

Haymaker
20-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Typical Hibs.

When did the LOI finish? Could it be a case of him being at EM for what is essentially Pre-season training?

J-C
20-12-2011, 03:49 PM
TBH a lot of folk slagged off irish football and it's quality, apart from the OF the rest of scottish football is naff, jeez even the OF are pants, so if this lad can hit the net regularly, his confidence is good and can push GOC and Griffiths for a place. :greengrin

Sergeant Hibs
20-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Souns like decent player althought the jury is still out I'd rather we brought in 1 or 2 new strikers than kept Griffiths

Bohemian_Hibee
20-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Decent enough striker, who most importantly is improving all the time. He had a horrible habbit of scoring against Bohs/Fenlon last season (think he got 3 in total). Fenlon know's exactly what he's getting...

Spike Mandela
20-12-2011, 05:57 PM

Get a grip.

With the dross signed in the last few years I guess the typical .net reaction has been right more often than not:cb

Keith_M
20-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Rolling Eyed folk ken what's gaun oan.

frazeHFC
20-12-2011, 06:04 PM

I never saw that bit, i was going by the smiley lol. :greengrin

With the dross signed in the last few years I guess the typical .net reaction has been right more often than not:cb

Very true actually! :agree:

hibeeleicester
20-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Rolling Eyed folk ken what's gaun oan.

ginger_rice
20-12-2011, 06:10 PM
;3041948']Barry.. its been ages since we had a decent ginger.

Oi! :take that:wink::wink:

Devonhibs
20-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Not the only club looking at players from Ireland - poor league right enough :rolleyes:

Cliftonville striker Rory Donnelly is expected to have talks with Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish on Tuesday about a possible move to the Anfield giants.

Iggy Pope
20-12-2011, 06:13 PM
What a bit like what happened with Adam Rooney. :wink: :greengrin

Oh that has to hurt!
:greengrin

Iggy Pope
20-12-2011, 06:17 PM

Yours

Where were you in 1998? Watching your own team?

Edit - AFC Wimbledon - League Two side.

Ryan69
20-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Not the only club looking at players from Ireland - poor league right enough :rolleyes:

Cliftonville striker Rory Donnelly is expected to have talks with Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish on Tuesday about a possible move to the Anfield
giants.

Just because one player from the league may have a trial at Liverpool....does not mean its not a poor league! :rolleyes:

hibeeleicester
20-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Where were you in 1998? Watching your own team?

Edit - AFC Wimbledon - League Two side.

Own team, the the team i play for.... I apologise for getting you all worked up :aok:

1998.... i was 5 years old. Again sorry for not remembering it, completely my fault :agree:

Devonhibs
20-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Just because one player from the league may have a trial at Liverpool....does not mean its not a poor league! :rolleyes:

Its totally dismissive of the Irish league and the fact that in amongst the 'inferior' league there will be some players who are worth looking at.

Iggy Pope
20-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Own team, the the team i play for.... I apologise for getting you all worked up :aok:

1998.... i was 5 years old. Again sorry for not remembering it, completely my fault :agree:

Explains it all perfectly, no need to apologise. A young boy from somewhere else with other things on his mind. Perfectly understandable.
:aok::aok:

Ryan69
20-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Its totally dismissive of the Irish league and the fact that in amongst the 'inferior' league there will be some players who are worth looking at.

Its not being dismissive of it,there is no money in the game there....hence the reason it IS a poor league in anybodys book!

hibeeleicester
20-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Explains it all perfectly, no need to apologise. A young boy from somewhere else with other things on his mind. Perfectly understandable.
:aok::aok:

Just for the record, Hibs are the only team i have ever and ever will support.

Speedway
20-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Relax everyone, we've all been lead astray on the name. We're bringing in a fitness coach - Chris Moyles.

frazeHFC
20-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Relax everyone, we've all been lead astray on the name. We're bringing in a fitness coach - Chris Moyles.

:hilarious

frazeHFC
20-12-2011, 06:48 PM

If we have found ourself a Kevin Doyle, a Shane Long, then people will stop moaning! Face facts, an Irish team made the Europa League knockouts, ours needed a default decision to get in. People have every right to call it as good a league as the SPL.

hibeeleicester
20-12-2011, 06:51 PM
If we have found ourself a Kevin Doyle, a Shane Long, then people will stop moaning! Face facts, an Irish team made the Europa League knockouts, ours needed a default decision to get in. People have every right to call it as good a league as the SPL.

Not forgetting Ireland qualifying for Euro 2012 :agree:

Ryan69
20-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Not forgetting Ireland qualifying for Euro 2012 :agree:

Do any of them play in Ireland?

Im not saying there cant be a couple of gems....But to say the League of Ireland is not of a poor standard in world football is being deluded!

joe breezy
20-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Great, that Sodje is murder, this boy must be better

Lucius Apuleius
20-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Oi! :take that:wink::wink:

And the last time you had any hair never mind ginger was when exactly? :greengrin

joe breezy
20-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Oh and the Irish League is a poor league, guess what? So is the S P hell...

As others have stated a fair few decent players have come from there just as a few alright players have started here and gone to England

Godsahibby
20-12-2011, 07:01 PM
According to reports he played in a bounce game today against St Johnstone. Hibs won 3-0 got no idea of the scorers or how he played.

Ryan69
20-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Oh and the Irish League is a poor league, guess what? So is the S P hell...

As others have stated a fair few decent players have come from there just as a few alright players have started here and gone to England

SPL might be piss poor....but its ranked 18th in Europe compared to 33 for LOI!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient)

Eyrie
20-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Fenlon will know what the guy can do and have a fair idea of whether he can play in Scotland. I'm pleased that the first step to clearing out Calderwood's crap has been taken and look forward to seeing Doyle help us if the move is confirmed.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Good news that Fenlon is starting to recruit and if we are to understand that budget constraints mean that one in must be matched by one out, then that is even better.

Bohemian_Hibee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient)

Take out the ugly sisters and where would the SPL be!?!? Take off the googles, last season's Sligo Rovers and Shamrock Rovers sides would have more than held their own in the SPL.

Anyway, that argument has been done to death.

Hibs badly need goalscorers. A loan-move for Tevez might not be an option, so in the meantime, I'm happy to trust Fenlons judgement of a player he would have seen plenty of over the last 3 years.

hibeeleicester

Im not saying there cant be a couple of gems....But to say the League of Ireland is not of a poor standard in world football is being deluded!

It's better standard than the SPL

JustSimplyHibs
20-12-2011, 07:17 PM

That means nothing, England ranked higher than Spain :cb

heretoday
20-12-2011, 07:31 PM
The League of Ireland (sic) is surely no worse than our league. Great signing.

frazeHFC
20-12-2011, 08:28 PM

No worse than the SPL though!

Cabbage East
20-12-2011, 08:36 PM
It's better standard than the SPL

You are mental. The SPL may have declined in the last couple of years by it is a million levels above the LOI. In every way.

hibeeleicester
20-12-2011, 08:37 PM
You are mental. The SPL may have declined in the last couple of years by it is a million levels above the LOI. In every way.

much better mate.

Aldo
20-12-2011, 08:38 PM
The League of Ireland (sic) is surely no worse than our league. [B]Great signing.[/B

Bit in bold.

Has he signed or should that be would be a great signing!!!!

Are we jumping the gun a bit....its rumoured he is a target....

He played in a bounce game today...hopefullly then signed a pre contract agreement.

I dont know what folk think but TBH i dont care where he plays as long as he puts a shift in and gives his all for the Hibs....

He cannot be any worse than the dross on show week in week out at ER at the moment.

If he signs then he will need time to adjust. The LOI is of a no bad standard.....

fingers crossed nae one else jumps ahead of the queue

Cabbage East
20-12-2011, 08:47 PM
much better mate.

Ok wee man :rolleyes:

hibeeleicester
20-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Ok wee man :rolleyes:

oh you went there :na na:

bingo70
20-12-2011, 08:54 PM
I've no opinion on the league of Ireland and I dunno if this guys any good or not but I'm still optimistic like I am with any new signing as what's the point in moaning now? If he turns out to be pish there'll be plenty time to moan then!

Also got me thinking, when was the last time we signed someone based on them doing well for a team? Most of our signings have been young players with potential that weren't getting their game so not needed or older players that had been binned by their previous club, hopefully he'll bring a confidence that's missing now

Hibercelona
20-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Blimey! Looking at his picture in the sun is like looking in the mirror! :greengrin

frazeHFC
20-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Some people have been pronouncing it Ewan. But is it not pronounced Ian, like Eoin Jess?

Baldy Foghorn
20-12-2011, 09:12 PM
I've no opinion on the league of Ireland and I dunno if this guys any good or not but I'm still optimistic like I am with any new signing as what's the point in moaning now? If he turns out to be pish there'll be plenty time to moan then!

Also got me thinking, when was the last time we signed someone based on them doing well for a team? Most of our signings have been young players with potential that weren't getting their game so not needed or older players that had been binned by their previous club, hopefully he'll bring a confidence that's missing now

:top marks:

Spot on, if we do sigh him at least lets give him a chance......

Can't be worse that some of our current strikers...........

Nando™
20-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Some people have been pronouncing it Ewan. But is it not pronounced Ian, like Eoin Jess?
I thought it was like 'Owen'...

Ferryhibby
20-12-2011, 09:18 PM
think anyone can score in our league.....as long as they get the service....weve got decent strikers just no-one to give them the bloody ball decently

AlbertK86
20-12-2011, 09:27 PM
According to Stv sport website he scored in the bounce game

calumb
20-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I thought it was like 'Owen'...

Yep Eoin is definately the Irish spelling of Owen

shagpile
20-12-2011, 09:43 PM

Eoin Jess comes from Portsoy which is a bit ..well...like....the land time forgot, where things like spelling, pronunciation & diction are of little importance.:na na:
It is more important to have the requisite number of fingers .
12.:greengrin

Hibercelona
20-12-2011, 09:44 PM
It can be pronounced "Owen" or "O-an".

Saorsa
20-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Eoin Jess comes from Portsoy which is a bit ..well...like....the land time forgot, where things like spelling, pronunciation & diction are of little importance.:na na:
It is more important to have the requisite number of fingers .
12.:greengrin:hilarious

fatbloke
20-12-2011, 10:36 PM
All we need now is to sign up bodie and we will have a real proffesional outfit

:cb

Can we no have Dobbie instead:greengrin

Sir David Gray
20-12-2011, 10:40 PM

That would be my understanding as well.

calumb
20-12-2011, 10:53 PM
That would be my understanding as well.

my little Irish son is Eoin, pronounced owen. Eoin would be the default spelling of owen in Ireland

Sir David Gray
20-12-2011, 11:38 PM
my little Irish son is Eoin, pronounced owen. Eoin would be the default spelling of owen in Ireland

OK, I stand corrected!

SteveHFC
21-12-2011, 12:51 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs_signing_target_eoin_doyle_on_mark_in_trial_ma tch_1_2017990

IRISH striker Eoin Doyle has boosted his hopes of becoming Pat Fenlon’s first signing at Hibernian by scoring for the club in a reserve game.
The 23-year-old is a free agent after his contract with Sligo Rovers expired recently, and although reports that he would sign for Hibs yesterday proved premature, he could still agree a deal in time to play at Dundee United on Saturday.

Aberdeen and Ipswich also after him :

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4011952/Aberdeen-join-Doyle-hunt.html

basehibby
21-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Sounds like an exciting signing - a 25 goal striker in the First Div would attract plenty of attention and the LOI is certainly a higher level than that!

More than anything though it's the first test of Fenlon's metle in the transfer market and should demonstrate his grasp of what kind of player is required to improve Hibs and cut it in the SPL. Fenlon will surely know exactly what he's getting which makes me optimistic that Doyle will turn out to be a key player for us.

Here's hoping - Welcome to the Hibees Eoin! :thumbsup::flag::flag::pfgwa

(if you sign)

Septimus
21-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Yep Eoin is definately the Irish spelling of Owen

I have an half Irish grandson called Owen and spelled Eoghan.

MSK
21-12-2011, 07:35 AM
I have an half Irish grandson called Owen and spelled Eoghan.What half do you have ..?

scoopyboy
21-12-2011, 07:57 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs_signing_target_eoin_doyle_on_mark_in_trial_ma tch_1_2017990

IRISH striker Eoin Doyle has boosted his hopes of becoming Pat Fenlon’s first signing at Hibernian by scoring for the club in a reserve game.
The 23-year-old is a free agent after his contract with Sligo Rovers expired recently, and although reports that he would sign for Hibs yesterday proved premature, he could still agree a deal in time to play at Dundee United on Saturday.

Aberdeen and Ipswich also after him :

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4011952/Aberdeen-join-Doyle-hunt.html

I'm still convinced if he signs he can't play on Saturday.

bingo70
21-12-2011, 08:04 AM

i'm the same, this transfer window thing seems dead simple to me and i'm daft as a brush so i've no idea why it causes such confusion every single year, he was signed to another club at the end of the last transfer window so we can't sign him (other than on a pre-contract), until this window opens as we don't play in a summer league.

Spike Mandela
21-12-2011, 08:08 AM
The League of Ireland (sic) is surely no worse than our league. Great signing.

I was speaking to a Hibs supporter from Ireland at the Rangers game and in his opinion the LOI for the most part is on a par with the Scottish Third Division.

Doesn't mean you wont get good teams or good players from time to time and this guy might be a great signing who should be playing at a higher level than us. Also however,he could be like a signing from the Scottish third division so may need time to make the step up.

Time will tell.

one day maybe...
21-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Bit off topic, but with Hibs looking to bolster their strike options, do you think the Morroccan striker Farid El Alagui who plays for Falkirk could make the step up to the SPL?

SteveHFC
21-12-2011, 08:15 AM

is it not the case players who are not contracted to any club can sign at any time ?

bingo70
21-12-2011, 08:38 AM
is it not the case players who are not contracted to any club can sign at any time ?

No, because he was contracted to a club when the last window closed, that's why you always get a raft of folk getting freed by their club on the last day of the window

SteveHFC
21-12-2011, 08:47 AM
No, because he was contracted to a club when the last window closed, that's why you always get a raft of folk getting freed by their club on the last day of the window

just saw that on spl site:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Anyone mind if we just call him ginge?:duck:

stokesmessiah
21-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Bit off topic, but with Hibs looking to bolster their strike options, do you think the Morroccan striker Farid El Alagui who plays for Falkirk could make the step up to the SPL?

Good shout and his name has been mentioned on here a few times but i would imagine with his record that other ppl must be sniffing around him now also?

calumb
21-12-2011, 09:18 AM
I was speaking to a Hibs supporter from Ireland at the Rangers game and in his opinion the LOI for the most part is on a par with the Scottish Third Division.

Doesn't mean you wont get good teams or good players from time to time and this guy might be a great signing who should be playing at a higher level than us. Also however,he could be like a signing from the Scottish third division so may need time to make the step up.

Time will tell.

You have to be careful when listening to opinions of the LOI from the Irish as a lot of them say the league is crap to justify them supporting Man U, Liverpool, Celtic etc.

I watch it most weeks and think that they actually try and play football, they might not be the best but they do try. They are certainly no worse than most of the spl sides.

Have seen sligo a few times and can't remember Doyle standing out but sligo were the top goal scorers in the league this year so maybe the guys got something.

degenerated
21-12-2011, 09:27 AM

Time will tell.

does this Hibs supporter from Ireland get along to many third division games in between going to Hibs games and Irish games? Whilst not having watched much in the way of LOI football i would find that almost impossible to believe.

brog
21-12-2011, 09:36 AM

A friend of mine is currently at Falkirk & I asked him same question. He said that early on they thought Farid was gash then he suddenly started scoring & surprised everybody ( including himself it seems ) with his ability. He compared him a bit to Tade at ICT, never quite know what you're going to get, a mixture of brilliance & keek!

Spike Mandela
21-12-2011, 10:40 AM
does this Hibs supporter from Ireland get along to many third division games in between going to Hibs games and Irish games? Whilst not having watched much in the way of LOI football i would find that almost impossible to believe.

I have no knowledge of LOI football and just met this guy at the game and he seemed to know a lot about LOI and was a Hibby so clearly familiar with SPL. It was interesting to hear the opinion of someone with experience of both.

I don't go to any Scottish third div games either but I have an idea of it's level. You don't have to go to the North Pole to know it's bloody cauld?:greengrin

Hibercelona
21-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Anyone mind if we just call him ginge?:duck:

Aye! :grr:

Thats my nickname, he can get his own! :greengrin

silverhibee
21-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Yeah they can sign for another club, they just cant play until the next window opens. I think anyway.

Prawn Sandwich
21-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Aberdeen and Ipswich are interested in him too according to the Sun...................Agents.....don't you just luv em?

KeithTheHibby
21-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Yeah they can sign for another club, they just cant play until the next window opens. I think anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Deek in the famous green on the 2nd then silver :greengrin

Hibee87
21-12-2011, 12:10 PM

Is it not the other way about, free agents can be signed and played whenever, im sure we have done it in the past whe nthe window has been shut :confused:

JimBHibees
21-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Is it not the other way about, free agents can be signed and played whenever, im sure we have done it in the past whe nthe window has been shut :confused:

Not if they have been signed for a team during the time the window is shut though as Doyle has.

Gmack7
21-12-2011, 12:39 PM
what price is he for the 1st goal v the hawrts,btw i think he looks like dave kitson

PatHead
21-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Could he play as an amateur as he isn't attached? Sure some clubs have used that loophole before.

Hibee87
21-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Not if they have been signed for a team during the time the window is shut though as Doyle has.

Would that not only be if he was at club whos season hadnt finished? Since the irish league has now finihsed for the season i thought he could sign and play where he wanted as i nthe rish eyes he has not been at the 'this season' per se. intersting thought though :confused:

PatHead
21-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Would that not only be if he was at club whos season hadnt finished? Since the irish league has now finihsed for the season i thought he could sign and play where he wanted as i nthe rish eyes he has not been at the 'this season' per se. intersting thought though :confused:

Sure Beckham had to wait until window opened to play for Milan but stand to be corrected.

Andy74
21-12-2011, 01:21 PM

It would seem fair.

Why would he have been released during a transfer window that doesn't exist due to their season being different?

Diclonius
21-12-2011, 01:49 PM
I presume Hearts will be along with their usual double-your-wages to try and one-up us? Oh, hang on.

Spike Mandela
21-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Fee due?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16285005.stm

Part/Time Supporter
21-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Fee due?

They're wrong, he's in the same position as Clayton Donaldson was. ie he can move for free to a club outside Ireland but would cost a fee to anyone inside Ireland.

scoopyboy
21-12-2011, 02:11 PM
It would seem fair.

Why would he have been released during a transfer window that doesn't exist due to their season being different?

Jonathan Johansson finished his season in Sweden but couldn't play until the New Year Derby. He joined late November IIRC but couldn't play.

Rugy07
21-12-2011, 02:13 PM
The UEFA rule is under 23 anyway. It's only England as far as I know that use 24. That was why Donaldson could move to us for free, but a club in England would have had to pay compensation.

Captain Trips
21-12-2011, 02:19 PM
If he is deemed good enough to sign by PF then I hope he can secure him but it has to be for at least 2/3 yr deal if the player doesnt want that then he is not what is required, a team needs building. I am not interested in this guy for 6mths.

The_Horde
21-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Dubbed 'the green Messi' perhaps we shouldn't sign him, as soon as he doesn't score 60 goals in a season we'll have everyone calling for PF to get his p45!

Spike Mandela
21-12-2011, 02:52 PM
My only concern with this is that our strikers are ok but our creative midfield is conspicuous by it's lack of creativity and goalscorers. Hopefully he won't be another signing to run the barren desert that is our forward positions.

Hibee87
21-12-2011, 02:52 PM
The UEFA rule is under 23 anyway. It's only England as far as I know that use 24. That was why Donaldson could move to us for free, but a club in England would have had to pay compensation.

are you sure? I thought it was cause he moved to league ion a different country

Andy74
21-12-2011, 02:55 PM
are you sure? I thought it was cause he moved to league ion a different country

That's what he just said. If moving between leagues in different countries the age is 23. That's what confused York who thought they would get a fee as he was under 24. They would have had he gone to a club in England.

Wilson
21-12-2011, 03:02 PM
My only concern with this is that our strikers are ok but our creative midfield is conspicuous by it's lack of creativity and goalscorers. Hopefully he won't be another signing to run the barren desert that is our forward positions.

We'll face competition to re-sign Griffiths and big Gaz wont be short of offers either. We shouldn't wait until one or both leave until we sign someone. We also lack quality in depth throughout the squad so signing a decent striker would be no bad thing. I agree that other areas need addressing but there is no one area of the squad that is sufficiently good that we shouldn't be looking to improve it.

Sergeant Hibs
21-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Whens his birthday surely we could wait 1 month or 2

Wyatt.S.Earp
21-12-2011, 03:55 PM
If he's good..........lets try and keep him....not sell him of to the Huns....or Celtic...!!,as per norm...

scoopyboy
21-12-2011, 04:49 PM
If he's good..........lets try and keep him....not sell him of to the Huns....or Celtic...!!,as per norm...

If he's good............. lets try and sign him.

Aldo
21-12-2011, 04:59 PM

What we've not signed him. The way folk were talking he had signed.

Not how we usually do business I MHO. Usually hush hush till the player has signed on dotted line.

C'mon scoops your, speeders or TQM usually know?? ;)

Alfred E Newman
21-12-2011, 07:35 PM

If he is that good why is he still in the Irish League at 23 and why has he not been snapped up by better clubs than us by now.?

bingo70
21-12-2011, 07:42 PM
If he is that good why is he still in the Irish League at 23 and why has he not been snapped up by better clubs than us by now.?

23 is still pretty young to be fair, also worth noting that before last season he was played as a winger (and still got 10 goals) so after his first season as a striker he's got SPL and championship clubs after him.

Not saying he's going to be the next maradona but i don't see the point in looking at him as negatively as you are.

ronaldo7
21-12-2011, 07:45 PM

Their are none.:greengrin

scoopyboy
21-12-2011, 07:45 PM

My understanding is it was only recently he was converted to a striker.

Maybe a late developer, Darren Jackson certainly was.

Andy74
21-12-2011, 09:45 PM
My understanding is it was only recently he was converted to a striker.

Maybe a late developer, Darren Jackson certainly was.

Played on the wing previously.

nortonhibby
21-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Fee due?

well thats that then Over to you RP Don Feflon

heretoday
21-12-2011, 10:45 PM
I like the description of Sligo as the "Bit of Red". Good stuff.

brydekirk
21-12-2011, 11:08 PM
If he is that good why is he still in the Irish League at 23 and why has he not been snapped up by better clubs than us by now.?He is only a year older than spoony & hanlon, nobody's queing up for them, but there still learning I suppose.

brydekirk
21-12-2011, 11:11 PM
My understanding is it was only recently he was converted to a striker.Maybe a late developer, Darren Jackson certainly was.And hartley & dobbie etc

khib70
22-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Jonathan Johansson finished his season in Sweden but couldn't play until the New Year Derby. He joined late November IIRC but couldn't play.

You can say that again:greengrin

PercyHibs
22-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Liam McLeod saying on twitter that Aberdeen are trying to sign him.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Liam McLeod saying on twitter that Aberdeen are trying to sign him.

Hmmmm..........

Admittedly I don't know much about Doyle but I will not be happy if we lose him to that lot. We need to show we mean business to get out of the relegation zone.

Aldo
22-12-2011, 10:57 AM
The sheep are skint but will still offer more wages. I'd like to think that PF has already got it in the bag.

Andy74
22-12-2011, 11:02 AM
The sheep are skint but will still offer more wages. I'd like to think that PF has already got it in the bag.

What makes you think they will offer more wages?

eastmainsmsh
22-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Ipswich Town looking at Doyle as well

Fergus52
22-12-2011, 12:05 PM
watched him play in the summer, was playing just off the main striker, scored one and set up a couple too, looked good.

degenerated
22-12-2011, 12:13 PM
What makes you think they will offer more wages?

some of the bull***** he's read on here probably :agree:

silverhibee
22-12-2011, 12:25 PM

Its now haggle time with Rod.

CallumHibs07
22-12-2011, 05:02 PM
He's signed.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111222/new-striker-signs_2262950_2556008

R'Albin
22-12-2011, 05:03 PM
He's signed.

Any links?

Edit- added now :wink:

Benny Brazil
22-12-2011, 05:03 PM
He's signed.

Go on I'll bite - you know this how?

Edit - Now I see, LOL

WindyMiller
22-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the Club.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html

:flag:

scoopyboy
22-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Its now haggle time with Rod.

They've haggled mate!!!!!!

CallumLaidlaw
22-12-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm actually quite excited by this signing. Hopefully a couple more to add to this (full back and creative midfielder)

SteveHFC
22-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Welcome18 month deal FFS!

davcar
22-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Welcome to Hibs Eoin :flag: hope to see many goals from you!

Hibbyradge
22-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Positive news, particularly as other clubs were keen on him.

Hopefully, we'll hear of his antics up George Street in the not too distant future.

Hibbyradge
22-12-2011, 05:15 PM

Wind up?

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Good, Well done Hibs............

R'Albin
22-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Positive news, particularly as other clubs were keen on him.

Hopefully, we'll hear of his antics up George Street in the not too distant future.

Haven't really been keeping up, which clubs were interested?

Pleased with this signing, scored 25 goals in a league not far off the quality of ours..

erin go bragh
22-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Welcome the Green Messi :greengrin

ggtth

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Haven't really been keeping up, which clubs were interested?

Pleased with this signing, scored 25 goals in a league not far off the quality of ours..

apparently Aberdeen and Ipswich

James70
22-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Congratulations to the Board I think. Despite some competition they have secured his signing without too much delay! :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
22-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Congratulations to the Board I think. Despite some competition they have secured his signing without too much delay! :aok:

:agree::agree::agree:

Hopefully he gets clearance on Jan 1st, and he is unleashed on the yams the following day:flag:

R'Albin
22-12-2011, 05:22 PM
apparently Aberdeen and Ipswich

:aok:

Well done Hibs for managing to entice him:agree:

The Green Goblin
22-12-2011, 05:25 PM
:aok: Well done Hibs for managing to entice him:agree:

The Green Goblin
22-12-2011, 05:26 PM
JK :greengrin

Spike Mandela
22-12-2011, 05:26 PM
So is he available Saturday?:greengrin

Hibbyradge
22-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Who's going to be the first?

Me!

Uninspiring signing. Not Hibs class. etc etc.

R'Albin
22-12-2011, 05:27 PM

JK :greengrin

:tee hee:

Hibernia Na Eir
22-12-2011, 05:30 PM
brilliant! Now sink the Hearts on 2 January Eoin!!Failte Doyle :)

Spike Mandela
22-12-2011, 05:33 PM
So is he available Saturday?:greengrin

Oooops. Read the whole article plonker:rolleyes:

Saorsa
22-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Good luck tae him http://shamrockshepherds.com/images/small_shamrock_solid_green.gif and I hope he brings some extra tae share around :thumbsup:

PeterboroHibee
22-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Hmmmm..........

Admittedly I don't know much about Doyle but I will not be happy if we lose him to that lot. We need to show we mean business to get out of the relegation zone.

And who would you suggest? Fans need to get real if they think we can go throwing money about on players, which is true for most SPL clubs.

This is exactly the type of signing we should be in for, a player who has been showing really good form and good return in terms of goals. Just a shame the deal isnt longer, if he keeps up that type of scoring rate then will be snapped up before long.

EasterRoad4Ever
22-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Exactly what I thought. What the heck are Hibs doing still signing players on short term deals. It couldn't have the the players choice as this is definitely a big step up for him. IMHO shows a lack of confidence in the guy and in Hibs own judgement.

bingo70
22-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Will the sfa be open to process his registration before the derby?

greenlex
22-12-2011, 05:51 PM
They just need the paperwork. We can give them that tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Peevemor
22-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Exactly what I thought. What the heck are Hibs doing still signing players on short term deals. It couldn't have the the players choice as this is definitely a big step up for him. IMHO shows a lack of confidence in the guy and in Hibs own judgement.

There could be many reasons why the deal is 'only' 18 months - a contract is a 2-way thing, which has to be agreed by both parties.

Anyway, welcome Eoin. :flag:

BEEJ
22-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Perhaps while there's a risk of relegation hanging over the club, neither party wanted to enter into a longer term commitment. It can always be extended once he's settled in and scoring freely. :wink:

Welcome to the club, Eoin. :thumbsup:

And good to see the club acting swiftly on this deal with the uncertainty over Griffiths next month and Agogo no longer featuring.

BEEJ
22-12-2011, 05:55 PM
They registered Graeme Smith on 1 January 2010 .....

..... unfortunately. :rolleyes:

greenlex
22-12-2011, 05:56 PM
If he is a dud we don't pay him fr years. If he is a winner we renegotiate in the Summer.
I think folk need to think about it a bit. We could end up in a De Graff or Hart situation or on a slightly milder note a Jimmy Scott situation.
We only need to keep Palsson Agogo till the Summer?

No problem with initial length of deal IMO.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2011, 05:57 PM

I think they usually open their registration offices for a few hours on New Year's Day to allow players to be registered.

Gatecrasher
22-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the Hibees, How do you pronounce the forename BTW?

CallumHibs07
22-12-2011, 06:14 PM

Eoin.

GreenCastle
22-12-2011, 06:15 PM

Same as Eoin Jess ? So like Ian / Iain I would imagine.

Welcome - we have been needing a forward who was a little more mobile and can link up with the midfield.

18 month deal - hopefully he can prove he is worth longer :agree:

Still plenty other areas to strengthen though - including GK, 2 or 3 defenders, a playmaker and a wide player who can beat a man - as minimum :greengrin

:pfgwa

Saorsa
22-12-2011, 06:21 PM

Welcome - we have been needing a forward who was a little more mobile and can link up with the midfield.

Still plenty other areas to strengthen though - including GK, 2 or 3 defenders, a playmaker and a wide player who can beat a man - as minimum :greengrin

:pfgwaIn January? :greengrin

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/rayortlund/files/2011/10/pie.jpg

...WentToMowAnSPL
22-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Eoin.

Wins my vote for funniest post of the year - spat my coffee :aok: out :greengrin :top marks :not worth

silverhibee
22-12-2011, 06:31 PM
There could be many reasons why the deal is 'only' 18 months - a contract is a 2-way thing, which has to be agreed by both parties.

Anyway, welcome Eoin. :flag:

There could also be the option of another year in his contract if he does well for Hibs.

hibeeleicester
22-12-2011, 06:32 PM
He's signed.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111222/new-striker-signs_2262950_2556008

Gatecrasher
22-12-2011, 06:33 PM

:pfgwa

Thanks i forgot about Eoin Jess

Part/Time Supporter
22-12-2011, 06:36 PM
They registered Graeme Smith on 1 January 2010 .....

..... unfortunately. :rolleyes:

Smith played okay in the derby that day. I think he had a decent save towards the end from Black and their goal wasn't his fault. Pity about the rest of his "performances".

Spike Mandela
22-12-2011, 06:37 PM

If he is a flop he leaves in 18 months along with Fenlon, if he is a roaring success he goes to Celtic in 18 months along with Fenlon. Simples.

scoopyboy
22-12-2011, 06:40 PM
There could also be the option of another year in his contract if he does well for Hibs.

Great minds Silv.

Captain Trips
22-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Not long enough of deal IMO so I am dissapointed on that front hope he does well but not impressed with a season and half tbh.

Eyrie
22-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Given the number of diddies that the two previous managers signed I have no problem with an 18 month deal to protect Hibs, and a new extended deal in the summer when he's show what he can do in the SPL. There will also be more money available in the wages budget at that point.

Cabbage1875
22-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Surely it will be 'Owen' rather than 'Iain'?

Anyway welcome to the club Mr Doyle. :wink:

Captain Trips
22-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Given the number of diddies that the two previous managers signed I have no problem with an 18 month deal to protect Hibs, and a new extended deal in the summer when he's show what he can do in the SPL. There will also be more money available in the wages budget at that point.

That is no way to build a team thinking a player may not work, he should be signed as manger thinks he can do a job, there could be many reasons why he signed for 18mths but from plenty of past experience if we have a player whom does well they are more likely to go than extend a contract if things go well in next few months. Along with garbage managers we are also low in SPL due to having a turnstyle in the changing rooms. IMO this deal is not long enough.

Pretty Boy
22-12-2011, 07:04 PM
What's he done so far? Been signed a few hours and bar one goal in a bounce games he's done nothing.

I bet he doesn't even make the slightest difference against Dundee Utd on Saturday either. Yet another flop and the board have made a mess of his contract as well i see.

I for one am sick.of waiting hours for these guys to make an impact.

sambajustice
22-12-2011, 07:08 PM
its pronounced Owen not Iain/Ian.

SteveHFC
22-12-2011, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB6mBywYuTg

hibby67
22-12-2011, 07:27 PM
looking forward to him scoring a few goals...if not i hope he is thick skinned
welcome aboard

:flag::flag:

proud_and_green
22-12-2011, 07:35 PM

Its obvious, its so that when the new manager replaces Pat in a year's time Eoin can be unloaded relatively easily.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Not reading any posts before this so nothing but glowing thoughts of positivity from me.
Fishing, trolling, windups, sarcasm, puns, windges, petty squabbles all bypassed!
Welcome on board
Merry Christmas to one and all! Even the yams (eh no!!!)

BEEJ
22-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Smith played okay in the derby that day. I think he had a decent save towards the end from Black and their goal wasn't his fault. Pity about the rest of his "performances".
In hindsight it would have been good if they had just lost his registration papers - period.

:coolhib:

down-the-slope
22-12-2011, 08:09 PM
A friend of mine is currently at Falkirk & I asked him same question. He said that early on they thought Farid was gash then he suddenly started scoring & surprised everybody ( including himself it seems ) with his ability. He compared him a bit to Tade at ICT, never quite know what you're going to get, a mixture of brilliance & keek!

That is Hibs to a T over my years of watching them....Mostly Keek.....but you can't stop watching in case you miss the awsome fleeting brilliance.....he would fit in well...:greengrin

Tortalano anyone :wink:

who else does that suit well ?

TowerHibs
22-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Got to love those who are moaning that it's an 18 month deal - same tosspots who moan that Jimmy Scott got 3 1/2 years

Has a a good couple of months and a new deal will be offered!!!

Welcome and good luck, cheeky brace against the Jambos will be good

Aldo
22-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Have just been watching some Sligo footage and Doyle has a few good touches and sets up a few goals. Also not scared to hit the ball from range. That left back also played... The one I can't spell.

Good luck to the lad. Maybe PF knows something we don't ie GOC moving on?? Small fee and used to buy Leigh Griffith??

Who knows. Let's give the boy a chance. Will hopefully be making his debut against the yams. At some point anyway.

marinello59
22-12-2011, 08:24 PM
That is no way to build a team thinking a player may not work, he should be signed as manger thinks he can do a job, there could be many reasons why he signed for 18mths but from plenty of past experience if we have a player whom does well they are more likely to go than extend a contract if things go well in next few months. Along with garbage managers we are also low in SPL due to having a turnstyle in the changing rooms. IMO this deal is not long enough.

There's a shock. Obviously you have greater knowledge of this players ability than most of us. Do you know if the player wanted a longer deal or not?

mca
22-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Mr Doyle = Welcome To Hibs....... :thumbsup:

Go on go on go on go on and shoot the doubters down wee man ...

some folk need to start getting behind the team..... i know its hard but the negativity in here feels like there is more jambos in here than hibs fans....

SteveHFC
22-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Will hopefully be making his debut against the yams.

and hope he will score the winner :agree:

PaulSmith
22-12-2011, 08:39 PM
and hope he will score the winner :agree:

I hope not, prefer the 5th in a rout myself

BS44
22-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Hopefully as part of the deal a trip across to the west coast of Ireland for a friendly and a day on the booze in Sligo.

Captain Trips
22-12-2011, 09:14 PM
There's a shock. Obviously you have greater knowledge of this players ability than most of us. Do you know if the player wanted a longer deal or not?

No I dont but I assume the manager has, if he only wanted 18mths then IMO I do not think that is any good and therefore I would still be loking for players to at least be here 2+ seasons.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Doyle will prove superior to the duds Sodje and Agogo.
gaun the gallant Irishman!

cam75
22-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Pa broon says that he had him looked at in the summer and that he wasn't as good as the strikers at the sheep already.