Why is the Ayrshire derby at hampden? :rolleyes:

ER would of been perfect for this no?

What a waste of a stadium.

iwasthere1972
19-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Why is the Ayrshire derby at hampden? :rolleyes:

ER would of been perfect for this no?

What a waste of a stadium.

Some Killie and Ayr Utd fans think they are capable of getting 25,000-30,000 fans to attend the match.

El Gubbz
19-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Because the Ayr and Killie fans would both have to get the train past Hampden to come to Easter Road. Makes sense

Northernhibee
20-12-2011, 12:07 AM
A thought you were getting awfy excited about a piece of silverware there.

:top marks

cocopops1875
20-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Why make 20,000 fans travel 50 miles midweek when there is no need ?

nonshinyfinish
20-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Fir Park would make the most sense to me. Not far to go, and it'd be better to have a (presumably) sold-out smaller ground than folk rattling around at Hampden.

micka_weer
20-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Some Killie and Ayr Utd fans think they are capable of getting 25,000-30,000 fans to attend the match.

From what I'm led to believe, buses for ayr fans are having to be hired from Glasgow as all the hire buses In Ayrshire (of which there are many) have already been hired out to them.

Killiehibbie
20-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Some Killie and Ayr Utd fans think they are capable of getting 25,000-30,000 fans to attend the match.From what i've heard this sounds like a realistic figure.

Keith_M
20-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Hibs haven't given me a semi for quite some time

:bitchy:

iwasthere1972
20-12-2011, 07:03 PM
From what I'm led to believe, buses for ayr fans are having to be hired from Glasgow as all the hire buses In Ayrshire (of which there are many) have already been hired out to them.

Great news and I've got no reason to suspect that they can't attract between 25K-30K to Hampden. I hope Ayr United win because they will have more chance of winning a League Cup Final than Killie whose record in LC finals is abysmal to say the least. Mind you there's nothing they could have done in the last one they appeared in as their opponents were far too superior on the day. :wink:

From what i've heard this sounds like a realistic figure.

Same answer as above.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I really don't want to bring it up, but how many were at Hampden for that scottish cup Semi final v Hearts

woody47
20-12-2011, 07:40 PM
As far as I was led to believe it is the players themselves that have a lot to say about where they play and if I was a player I would want to play at Hampden. Not many chances for most players to play at the National stadium in a National final or semi. Also as a supporter I would rather play there than, for example, some pink bus shelter :wink: or some dump like Murderwell's stadium.

Joe Baker II
21-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Am thinking of going to this one-off occasion and agree it will be decent crowd , think we are at Ibrox that day so wondering if I can get to both games - would like to do 2 games in a day once in my life!

one day maybe...
21-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I really don't want to bring it up, but how many were at Hampden for that scottish cup Semi final v Hearts

What semi final? wiped from my memory, as Sir Alex recently said it never happened :devil:

Kojock
21-12-2011, 09:48 AM
As far as I was led to believe it is the players themselves that have a lot to say about where they play and if I was a player I would want to play at Hampden. Not many chances for most players to play at the National stadium in a National final or semi. Also as a supporter I would rather play there than, for example, some pink bus shelter :wink: or some dump like Murderwell's stadium.

Simple answer is both clubs were consulted and both said they wanted the game to take place at Hampden. As stated it might be the only possibility of some players ever playing at the national stadium.

vanNISHtelroy
21-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Great news and I've got no reason to suspect that they can't attract between 25K-30K to Hampden. I hope Ayr United win because they will have more chance of winning a League Cup Final than Killie whose record in LC finals is abysmal to say the least. Mind you there's nothing they could have done in the last one they appeared in as their opponents were far too superior on the day. :wink:Same answer as above.Oi, our record is emmmm....yeah ok. :(

Keith_M
21-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Oi, our record is emmmm....yeah ok. :(

I'm sure you're far too much of a gentleman to respond with our record in that other cup :wink:

Craig_in_Prague
21-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Simple answer is both clubs were consulted and both said they wanted the game to take place at Hampden. As stated it might be the only possibility of some players ever playing at the national stadium.

Yep, whilst it's also located well for the sides.
The ground doesn't need to be full to justify playing there.
If it was the case, Hibs would need to play elsewhere than ER every week!

vanNISHtelroy
21-12-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm sure you're far too much of a gentleman to respond with our record in that other cup :wink:

I was going to but thought it was little bit nasty...and you have others to remind you of it!

.Sean.
21-12-2011, 11:17 AM
If this game is attracting near 30000 Ayr and Killie must have as many 'Hampden supporters' as Hibs. Where are the other 20000 hiding every week?

Andy74
21-12-2011, 11:18 AM

Quite a few actually. For various reasons we had a few less than Hearts but it has been a bit overplayed, primarily by Yams in the time since.

Still, I hope after Janaury it will all have been worth it. :greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
21-12-2011, 11:38 AM
If this game is attracting near 30000 Ayr and Killie must have as many 'Hampden supporters' as Hibs. Where are the other 20000 hiding every week?A guy I know is going to the game with six family members...three have never been to a game, couple haven't been to a game in fiveish years and one only attends every so often. And then there will be range of people who attend every so often/have stopped going cos they can't justify the price/go to big games etc. Would be the same with any clubs, no?

Billy Whizz
21-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Am thinking of going to this one-off occasion and agree it will be decent crowd , think we are at Ibrox that day so wondering if I can get to both games - would like to do 2 games in a day once in my life!

Semi Final is a 1pm KO at Hampden. Rangers v Hibs will I presume be a 3pm KO. With the new M74 extension you could get to Ibrox in around 15 mins or so if your lucky

Viva_Palmeiras
21-12-2011, 12:23 PM

Uberfan alert ;)
I'll diPlomatically state I was in that number

Was fair gutted with the turnout big
Psychological blow to the yams before a ball was kicked.

I hope we never experience that again :....(

Keith_M
21-12-2011, 02:29 PM
If this game is attracting near 30000 Ayr and Killie must have as many 'Hampden supporters' as Hibs. Where are the other 20000 hiding every week?

And I heard the Rolling Stones recently got a bigger crowd at their gig than the Krankies.

Part-Timers!!! :grr: