PDA

View Full Version : Ukio Bankas Share price

fatbloke
19-12-2011, 07:02 PM
-2.43% today. Just saying that's all.

Jim44
19-12-2011, 07:46 PM

I don't know if that's good or bad, I suppose it must be bad, but is it serious enough to start up another tirade of Jambo bashing?. Undoubtedly, the state of their club is laughable and deplorable and on a shoogly peg but most significantly, IMHO, their team somehow seems to be able to keep it's head well above the parapet and plod on relatively unscathed. On the other hand, we are constantly reminded of how well our club is run yet our team is consistently useless and well into a relegation battle, with only glimpses of potential. God forbid we would ever have a business like them but I honestly find our lowly position more worrying than the worry and concern that the Jambos (deluded or not) have about their club. No matter how ludicrous their situation becomes, they seem to perform a Houdini-like escape and land on their feet. I don't hear any more rumblings about their wages 'scandal' and it seems it might be business as usual. Who knows, everything might go tits-up in a few weeks but till then I think we should hold back on the mickey taking and gloating and concern ourselves with our own more important plight. :tin hat:

Baldy Foghorn
19-12-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't know if that's good or bad, I suppose it must be bad, but is it serious enough to start up another tirade of Jambo bashing?. Undoubtedly, the state of their club is laughable and deplorable and on a shoogly peg but most significantly, IMHO, their team somehow seems to be able to keep it's head well above the parapet and plod on relatively unscathed. On the other hand, we are constantly reminded of how well our club is run yet our team is consistently useless and well into a relegation battle, with only glimpses of potential. God forbid we would ever have a business like them but I honestly find our lowly position more worrying than the worry and concern that the Jambos (deluded or not) have about their club. No matter how ludicrous their situation becomes, they seem to perform a Houdini-like escape and land on their feet. I don't hear any more rumblings about their wages 'scandal' and it seems it might be business as usual. Who knows, everything might go tits-up in a few weeks but till then I think we should hold back on the mickey taking and gloating and concern ourselves with our own more important plight. :tin hat:

:top marks:top marks

spot on, they might be financially in the mire, but are still better than us at the moment.... Would rather we concentrated with our own situation...............

nortonhibby
19-12-2011, 09:04 PM

spot on, they might be financially in the mire, but are still better than us at the moment.... Would rather we concentrated with our own situation...............

our situation is a relegation head to head with Dunfy lets just focus on that if the PBS Lot go bust great but in the mean time we have games to play and win.

fatbloke
20-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Agree with all. It just amuses me that's all.

broonie27
20-12-2011, 01:03 AM
fatbloke, where did you get that Avatar it's brilliant.

Beefster
20-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Whilst we're on the topic, RBS were down 3% and Citigroup were down 4.65% yesterday.

MB62
20-12-2011, 08:38 AM

And falling AGAIN today, as it has done every day since the beginning of November.

Have to say though I agree with other comments about getting our own house in order before worrying too much about Yam problems.

Hibbyradge
20-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I seem to be the only person around here who can multi-task.

I can easily concern myself with our plight and take an interest in, and enjoy, what's happening across the road.

I can't do anything about either of course.

If you'd rather exclusively concentrate on and worry yourself sick about Hibs, please feel free to do so, but don't criticise those who want to have a laugh at our ridiculous rivals expense.

Since when were we only allowed to mock the Yams when we were doing well?

What difference does it make to you or Hibs or them? :confused:

johnrebus
20-12-2011, 10:31 AM

I can easily concern myself with our plight and take an interest in, and enjoy, what's happening across the road.

If you'd rather exclusively concentrate on and worry yourself sick about Hibs, please feel free to do so, but don't criticise those who want to have a laugh at our ridiculous rivals expense.

Agree 100%

If it wasn't for the circus along the road, this would be a pretty miserable winter.

Passed the Ukio Bankas office in Castle Street yesterday. Sadly the lights were off and there was no one home.

Pity really, would have been more than happy to give them a deposit..........,

:rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
20-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Agree 100%

If it wasn't for the circus along the road, this would be a pretty miserable winter.

Passed the Ukio Bankas Laundrette in Castle Street yesterday. Sadly the lights were off and there was no one home.

Pity really, would have been more than happy to give them a deposit..........,

:rolleyes:

just a slight 'tweak'

MB62
20-12-2011, 11:15 AM

Don't really see anybody criticising HR, just think some are getting mighty concerned about our own predicament and rightly so.
Nothing wrong in having a laugh at the Yams, that's what they are there for, but we are the main event and they are only the B picture.

Hibbyradge
20-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Don't really see anybody criticising HR, just think some are getting mighty concerned about our own predicament and rightly so.
Nothing wrong in having a laugh at the Yams, that's what they are there for, but we are the main event and they are only the B picture.

I concur!

Jim44
20-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Don't get me wrong HR. I'm not saying we shouldn't relish their predicament. I personally feel that sometimes 'less is more' and a disrespectful silence can be more effective than in-your-face mocking. :greengrin

The_Famous_HFC
20-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Whilst not particularly good news for Hearts, it isn't really bad news either. Ukio Bankas don't own Hearts.

cwilliamson85
20-12-2011, 11:31 AM
If Hearts went into administration and got deducted the normal 10 points they would still be above us in the league. That’s how bad a position we are in right now!

bingo70
20-12-2011, 12:10 PM
One of The reason hearts are above us and have done so much better than us is because of their ridiculous finances so it pisses me off when folk suggest we can't discuss their finances cos they're doing better than us. The two are linked!

I'm like hibbyradge, I've got plenty time to think about hibs and still loads of time left over to take the piss out if hearts

s.a.m
20-12-2011, 02:37 PM
One of The reason hearts are above us and have done so much better than us is because of their ridiculous finances so it pisses me off when folk suggest we can't discuss their finances cos they're doing better than us. The two are linked!

I'm like hibbyradge, I've got plenty time to think about hibs and still loads of time left over to take the piss out if hearts

Me too.:agree:

I'm right up for being both miserable about our current condition, and joyful at the Jambos being forced to confront the reality of their situation. As Bingo says, as have others, their relative success has been obtained through spending money they didn't have to spend. And how they have gloated, when those of us who have lived within our means have struggled to compete.

Duffys13
20-12-2011, 04:32 PM

Yip agree, the Hearts thing has made the internet a pure pleasure to be on for me in the last two weeks. Hibs.net has been a better place for it.

fatbloke
20-12-2011, 06:50 PM
-1.9% today. Just saying that's all.:greengrin

greenginger
20-12-2011, 08:27 PM
I might be in a minority of one here but I'm beginning to think it would be a bad thing if Vlad went down the pan in one giant flush.
If Ukio Bankas, UBIG, Vlad T V and the Yams went all at once there would be a rash of liquidators flogging all the assets and some new Yam consortium might find themselves the only bidders for the PBS, the Club and the War Memorial.

Might get the lot debt free for about £15 million.

Better if Vlad were to stagger on for a while sucking every last Litas out of the Gorgie Grunts so when the day of reckoning comes there are more Gary Mckay winner medals than pennies in the Yam kitty.

Sudds_1
20-12-2011, 08:29 PM
If Hearts went into administration and got deducted the normal 10 points they would still be above us in the league. That’s how bad a position we are in right now!

According to yamenomics, they cant go into admin because Vlad won't allow it.....besides, they owe it to themselves so not really IN debt....

He's apparently playing a blinder in getting rid of the high earners, and at the same time playing high to get the real figure he wants (£25m) to allow the next consortium in through the door.

Well, Xmas is a time for fantasy,...............:wink::wink::greengrin:gree ngrin

Mikeystewart
21-12-2011, 02:57 AM

Are they not better than us because they are financially in the mire? lets see how good they would be on hibs's budget.