PDA

View Full Version : Crucial period of the season

The Sea-gull
19-12-2011, 12:47 PM
It is a bit of a cliche but it is always said that the next period of the season is the most crucial.

I said when Fenlon was appointed that he wasn't my favourite option but of course hope my misgivings will prove unfounded and will back any man Hibs choose until there is evidence it is not working out.

Have to say that thus far I am relatively impressed with what he has done. Make no bones about it, we are bad, as bad as we have been for a long time and God himself could not have come in and made us good immediately. I didn't see the Well half game but sounds like we did ok. In the 2 other games so far we have looked better organised defensively and would say that the performances of Stevenson and Wotherspoon have been like having different players compared to under CC. He has been given a tough start. Under most circumstances we would not really expect many points from a sequence of Well away, Gers home, Dons away and United away. No, I don't hold up much hope for Saturday.

Fenlon will really start earning his money in the three games post Christmas. ICT at home on Dec 28th. Hearts at home on 2nd Jan and the Pars away on 14th Jan. 7 points from these games will be hard but is achievable.

Big Frank
19-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Every game until the end of the season is vital to Hibernian. Every single one is a cup final.

Some (most) of these players owe the club, but more importantly, they owe the fans.

SneakersO'Toole
19-12-2011, 01:09 PM
The next 4 games will IMO have a huge bearing on the course of our season AND possibly more importantly, fans initial impressions of Fenlon as our manager and his capability of getting us out of this mess.

Dundee Utd (A)
Inverness (H)
Hearts (H)
Dunfermline (A)

4 huge games. Minimum 6 points is required and unfortunately IMO, a tough ask with these squad of players.

thebausburst
19-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Have to say that thus far I am relatively impressed with what he has done. .

Heard this from a few Hibees, just interested in what exactly it is that has impressed you?:confused:

johnrebus
19-12-2011, 02:33 PM
The next 4 games will IMO have a huge bearing on the course of our season AND possibly more importantly, fans initial impressions of Fenlon as our manager and his capability of getting us out of this mess.

Dundee Utd (A)
Inverness (H)
Hearts (H)
Dunfermline (A)

4 huge games. Minimum 6 points is required and unfortunately IMO, a tough ask with these squad of players.

Can't see us getting any more than four points from these games. One from ICT and three at East End Park, where we really should be filling that away stand and more.

Unfortunately Hearts will still have better players than us on 2nd January.

Hopefully the next meeting at Tynecastle will be a different story...........,

:devil:

thebausburst
19-12-2011, 02:43 PM
ICT and Dumfy games are the most realistic in terms of getting any points. Based on weekend highlights Hibs well get tanned at Tannadice and the usual drubbing off the yams.

Sir David Gray
19-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Can't see us getting any more than four points from these games. One from ICT and three at East End Park, where we really should be filling that away stand and more.

Unfortunately Hearts will still have better players than us on 2nd January.

Hopefully the next meeting at Tynecastle will be a different story...........,

:devil:

Dundee Utd (a)-Defeat.

Inverness (h)-If Inverness play like they did on Saturday at Ibrox then I can see us losing that one too.

Hearts (h)-Defeat unless they lose all their players on January 1st or they go on strike.

Dunfermline (a)-Absolutely massive match and one that we must win. They have two home games before they play us and they have yet to win at East End Park in the league this season...

That's all I'll say on that matter. :rolleyes:

Although the game will be taking place around two weeks into the transfer window so hopefully we'll have the chance to improve the squad before then.

Really I can see us getting 4 points maximum from those 4 games. Anything more than that will be a bonus.

Sir David Gray
19-12-2011, 02:46 PM
ICT and Dumfy games are the most realistic in terms of getting any points. Based on weekend highlights Hibs well get tanned at Tannadice and the usual drubbing off the yams.

Did you see the highlights from Ibrox?

Inverness should have been out of sight in that game and Rangers' second goal should have been no more than a consolation.

If they play like that against us then I don't fancy our chances.

down the slope
19-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Heard this from a few Hibees, just interested in what exactly it is that has impressed you?:confused:

We play a tighter game now and teams get few chances against us but having said that we still get beaten !, in the last two games our keeper has had no more than a handfull of saves if that , the three goals we lost were from set pieces two of them pens so teams will not run us ragged like they used to . Turning the Hibs round will take weeks but every game i see i am impressed by the workrate and commitment , how many times could you have said that in the last few years ?.

The Sea-gull
19-12-2011, 04:46 PM

I said relatively impressed because compared to most of the CC performances and the Killie and St J peformances under BB the players have looked a bit more organised and competed a bit better. Still poor though but was not and am not expecting much from PF's early games. In fact resigned myself to the fact that we would not take much more than a point from his first 4 games.

Felt that on Saturday in a way we deserved a point and but for the award of a very dubious penalty would have got one which would have been a decent result.

On the other hand, we created little, wasted what we did create and could not score against a team with 10 men, who had been struggling just as badly as us until a week ago, for a quarter of a game.

Over the 90 though we deserved a point and I can't remember the last time I felt we deserved anything from a game so that has to be looked upon as slight, scant progress which is better than noting but hasd to be turned into goals and points soon.

silverhibee
19-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Dundee Utd (a)-Defeat.

Inverness (h)-If Inverness play like they did on Saturday at Ibrox then I can see us losing that one too.

Hearts (h)-Defeat unless they lose all their players on January 1st or they go on strike.

Dunfermline (a)-Absolutely massive match and one that we must win. They have two home games before they play us and they have yet to win at East End Park in the league this season...
That's all I'll say on that matter. :rolleyes:

Although the game will be taking place around two weeks into the transfer window so hopefully we'll have the chance to improve the squad before then.

Really I can see us getting 4 points maximum from those 4 games. Anything more than that will be a bonus.

What are the chances they will lose these two game's and get there first home win in the league against us. :cb

Sir David Gray
19-12-2011, 05:40 PM
What are the chances they will lose these two game's and get there first home win in the league against us. :cb

Well, I'd say that there's quite a good chance as one of those games is against Celtic and the other one is against St Johnstone, who have lost just one away game this season. (Funnily enough that was at Easter Road!!!)