PDA

View Full Version : NHC Barca v Santos WCC Final

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Its a pointless comp, but, about to kick off now on ESPN.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2011, 09:50 AM
1-0 Messi, nice move!

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2011, 09:57 AM
2 0 Xavi, its looking like another footballing exhibition!

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2011, 10:18 AM
3 0 Cesc

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2011, 10:20 AM
HT.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Neymars a wee nyaff, dinnae like him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2011, 11:21 AM
4-0 Messi

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2011, 11:22 AM
FT.

GreenCastle
18-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Barcelona proving again they are the best team in the world by a distance :thumbsup:

Messi :thumbsup:

BigBamba
18-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Barcelona proving again they are the best team in the world by a distance :thumbsup:

Messi :thumbsup:

I agree that Barcelona are the best team in the world, but not so sure that beating Santos 4-0 proves much, I'd expect Real Madrid to beat them by 4 atleast.

GreenCastle
18-12-2011, 12:03 PM
I agree that Barcelona are the best team in the world, but not so sure that beating Santos 4-0 proves much, I'd expect Real Madrid to beat them by 4 atleast.

True - but Barcelona have also dominated Madrid over the last few seasons and even proved again last week how far ahead they are of them.

Madrid have improved greatly this season also.

Santos game today was 4v0 going on about 8v0.

Hibs were only beaten 6v0 by Barcelona in that pre-season friendly when Mixu was in charge -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSqDYqMACo :rolleyes:

BigBamba
18-12-2011, 12:27 PM
True - but Barcelona have also dominated Madrid over the last few seasons and even proved again last week how far ahead they are of them.

Madrid have improved greatly this season also.

Santos game today was 4v0 going on about 8v0.

Hibs were only beaten 6v0 by Barcelona in that pre-season friendly when Mixu was in charge -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSqDYqMACo :rolleyes:

Yeah i have no doubt Barcelona are the best side in the world, just thought that you meant it as in it was a big scoreline against a decent side.
I never managed to watch the game but how good was this Neymar everyone keeps talking up?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Not good enough to get into this Barca side even allowing for Villa's injury.

FRes Hibbie
18-12-2011, 12:54 PM
About a week ago I read an interview from Pele talking about how Santos are a better team than Barca and that he reckoned they'd win the final. I was pretty keen on seeing it after that - disappointed I missed it. Maybe Maradonna was right about Pele needing to "go back to the museum!"

GreenCastle
18-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Neymar is 19 and had a few glimpses of his skills and has done very well over the last few years. I think he will end up at Barcelona in a few years if he continues to develop.

The game today, like Ronaldo for Madrid last week didn't give him much of the ball and when he had it didn't do anything effective.

Pele is talking nonsense about Neymar being better than Messi - Messi is is by far the best player in the world and has been for the last few seasons - not even an discussion there.

Seveno
19-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Goals here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4itZqE2t1BA&feature=related

Messi = Magician

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Not good enough to get into this Barca side even allowing for Villa's injury.Looks like i was wrong! He's signing for Barca according to SSN.

The Green Goblin
20-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Neymar is without a doubt the next world class Brazilian attacking player on the horizon. He is dazzlingly skillful and has netted goals this season and last that defied belief. But....that was against journeymen defences in the Brazilian League and he is only a raw talent who still has the mentality of a silly wee laddie.

Although I also pished ma breeks laughing at how one-sided it was, it's a little unfair to judge him on that Final, as he was playing in a team with only two other decent players (Ganso and Elano) and realistically they had no chance from the off. It was interesting that he squandered a chance to score though.

Bottom line - this was a good footballing lesson for him. He is only 19, and in 90 minutes will have gone from thinking "check my badass haircut and I'm the Billy big baws of Brazil" to "I am rubbish" or at least some self-reflection. His post match interview, to be fair to him, suggested he had sobered up a bit and was seeing the world through different eyes. If he loses the stupid haircut and gets a manager who can be a good influence on him, then he will make it. If Barca can tame him and get his head screwed on right, he will be one of the best players in the world for the next 10 years.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUwVvyXkElY&feature=related

GG